Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I'm slowly making my way through the list in the OP.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
A-1 Pictures | Hatsumi, Kouichi | ... | Action, Demons, Supernatural, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Jan 7, 2017
Second season of the Ao no Exorcist series.

Is the first season of this any good? It looks like it might be a fun brainless shonen romp, I'm just wondering if there's anything offensively terrible about it.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

BanG Dream!
Xebec | Ootsuki, Atsushi | ... | Music | Manga | ...
Since she was very young, Kasumi Toyama has always been searching for the "Star Beat", a sparkling and exciting sound she heard while looking up at the night sky. Just after getting into high school, Kasumi comes across a "star-shaped guitar" in the storage area of an old pawn shop. Feeling a rush and excitement she has never felt before, Kasumi teams up with four other girls and embarks on a journey to seek out the shiny place. We promise to perform a live here!

I watched the PV that introduces the keyboard girl, and the first thing that went through my head was, "Oh hey, that's the K-On keyboard sound".

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi
LandQ studios | Muroi, Fumie | ... | Action, Historical | Manga | Jan 10, 2017
In 1912, a young woman tracks down the elderly Nagakura Shinpachi, determined to hear the true story of the Demon of the Shinsengumi, the Vice Commander Hijikata Toshizou. Hijikata's story begins in 1859, when he is a violent young man that is honing his sword skills while peddling his family's medicine. Soon, in his quest to find stronger people to fight, Hijikata starts to come into contact with others who will eventually be his comrades in the Shinsengumi. The first one to make an impression on the brash young man is Kondo Isami, who proves to be a better fighter than Hijikata.

After reading the synopsis I was not expecting that art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I quite liked Kiznavier when I watched it, but I have to struggle to remember those plot points now, after only a few months. It's not the most memorable anime of 2016, that's for sure.

The OP, on the other hand, was awesome, and still pops into my head from time to time.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Seiren
Studio Gokumi | Kobayashi, Tomoki | ... | School | Original | Jan 6, 2017
Shouichi Kamita is an ordinary high school boy, who is faced with university entrance exams and worries about his future. This campus romantic comedy, “SEIREN” (Seiren means honest in Japanese), depicts his pure relationship with three different heroines. Each story is the unique and mutual memory between him and the heroine.

I randomly selected this from Cruncyroll's Winter Lineup page, and it was really bad and unfunny.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Gabriel DropOut is okay

It really is. It's got a ton of funny faces, and it feels really similar to Umaru-chan in a good way, but that's about it.

Demi-chan looks like the superior "not-quite-human cute girls attending school" anime so far.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Yeah, I knew that going into the episode, but the similarities still struck me. The art style and humor are really similar, and so are some of the characters. Umaru/Gabriel is the obvious comparison, but Satanichia also reminded me a lot of Sylphynford.

It also looks like it's going to occupy the same "harmless but forgettable fun" category as Umaru-chan for me.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Rice Boys for AotY 2017.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

z0glin Warchief posted:

Oh sure, it's a fine show and if that's what they want then def go for it.

I totally thought you were talking about boku no pico for a second there.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A vicious assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Everything Burrito posted:

season thread title

:yeah:

• Locked thread