Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dragon dentist is gonna own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/eigacom/status/806589217379794945
https://twitter.com/Ikari_Gendo/status/806600571268501508

weird, I don't know any other anime that's just based off an original movie

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'm kinda hoping LWA is gonna be more episodic stuff and not a full-length epic adventure anyway

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

also it's not really fair to judge based on trigger's other works since this is yoshinari's first full series as director, right?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

i don't think yoshinari is directing, is the problem

there are a few key staff who worked on the movies that aren't working on the show

yoshinari is definitely directing, it's positions like art director that aren't coming back, so stuff like the backgrounds won't look as good as they did in the ovas

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

yoshinari did handle some roles like character designer before that he won't for the series, but LWA is still definitely his project

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

most of the problems with kiznaiver sounded like issues with the writing

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

new movie by arriety/marnie director and a bunch of other ex-ghibli people

https://youtu.be/J4vF4LDRrpo

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-15/masaaki-yuasa-has-2nd-spring-2017-work-besides-yoru-wa-mijikashi-arukeyo-otome/.109936

we're blessed

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

the manga about competitive quizzing is getting an anime. im always a fan of the weirder sport series and this will probably fit

https://twitter.com/iqura_s/status/810772769717751808

finally a sports anime for me

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

who cares

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'm doing anime awards, some sample categories are "best shin-chan movie i watched this year" and "best 52 episode anime from the 80s that i watched 3 episodes of and then forgot about"

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

what are the nominees

-shin chan movie 1
-shin chan movie 2
-shin chan movie 3
-shin chan movie 5

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i like the demi-chan manga a lot but that looks real skippable

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

for the 5 others that watched it... psi saiki is getting a second season
https://twitter.com/saikikusuo_PR/status/813068159301271553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

fail shonen

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

it's more hosed up that it's flipped

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

that animation looks like poo poo

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

real good clouds

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

A Silent Voice got licensed in the UK, theatrical screenings next month and disc release sometime this summer

now c'mon Funi or GKids or something

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

yeah you stupid brits

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

disc sales aren't everything

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

maidragon is dull as heck. all the jokes other than the maid rant didn't land with me and the animation is fun or cartoony enough to make up for it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

anyone who thinks the konosuba animation is ugly can eat my shorts

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

Bottom left and middle I think work "better" than bottom right.

I mean I like the design of bottom middle, but with the Shaft head tilt seems kinda overly confident and out of character for her; it could've worked if her character was a sassy teasing older sister type instead of the more doormat-esque shy fangirl she currently is; unless this changes?

Bottom left fits soooo much better with what's happened and seems like she's seen some poo poo and is scarred for life; just wants to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Top middle is too symmetrical and uninteresting and gives me a sense of remorse that I don't think fits Tanya; top right is at least looking up and alert.

Top left I think works and comes across as sinister but also the eyes are kinda weird and accidentally makes me think evil snow fairy.

Bottom right is I think fine on it's own merits but seeing bottom left is basically making me think what could have been.

Ep2 of Tanya is very good; I love how they had the voice actor of Kichou from Thunderbolt Fantasy as well. It all fits so well.

e: Evil Tanya voice is the best and is basically all I want from this; realistic depiction of artillery is the bonus; how do you make streamable gif's?

do you know how animation designs work

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

New VOTOMS TV series announced for sometime in 2017.

me, 2 days ago: they should make new votoms

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its the dark souls of anime

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/danikaharrod/status/821881922792071169

this is what started it and she used to work at crunchy and is still friends with people there so she would know

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AnoHito posted:

You don't fire your entire core staff unless you're in some kind of massive death-spiral; everything will break, and nobody will be able to fix it. It's much more likely a bunch of people just left or something, which is a thing that happens all the goddam time at any tech company that isn't Google or Facebook.

actually it sounds more like they did fire everyone because crunchyroll was run like poo poo and those positions are being outsourced to another company

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I fail to see how the two are related. Are people stupid, or am i?

What did sailorbee do there? I know her as a cosplayer / promoter. What is HBIC?

the highly prestigious position of head bitch in charge

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

honestly it won't change things much i bet except don't expect their customer support or subs or anything like that to get any better

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Clarste posted:

Someow I doubt that translation monkeys would be considered "core staff" in a business like this though.

I don't know if they even have translators on staff or if they're freelance, I just meant this kind of move probably doesn't bode well for higher wages for translators, higher QC, or anything like that

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

could just mean they acquired the team they were outsourcing to

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Kytrarewn posted:

I'm legitimately a bit disappointed by this. Silver Link has been doing some great, loving adaptations recently, with things like Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge. It'll be a shame to see them start making (probably) mediocre original stuff.

why would you assume it'd be mediocre

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

yeah cameron is just a producer now

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

maybe it won't even have idols

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

give me hip hop macross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU