Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Jeedy Jay posted:

There's a much harder sliding course in the last stretch of the game, and the flamethrower helps a LOT in getting through it.

Also the maxed out lightning bolt. It's ridiculous but it looks badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ammo baron lookin like M Bison in this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

This is a great game, but it seems a bit easy so far. Did I miss a difficulty option? I also keep getting a MMX vibe here and there while playing, which I personally find to be extremely win.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cannonballoon posted:

This is a great game, but it seems a bit easy so far. Did I miss a difficulty option? I also keep getting a MMX vibe here and there while playing, which I personally find to be extremely win.

theres no difficulty options, they expect you to try to speedrun though and figure out low %, stuff like that. later on there will be dlc characters and costumes with different stats, and i assume at least one will be super low health or double damage or no items or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah for this first run going for 100% at about the halfway point you're unstoppable with like 7+ hearts, taking half damage. As I'm scouting for 100% in the end game it looks like you'll basically have an infinite mana pool too lol. Beating the game in 2 hours though seems harder than pirates curse because of the specific collectibles you'll have to find on first pass and how you prioritize that

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Alright cool, I'll just enjoy the ride then. :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah for this first run going for 100% at about the halfway point you're unstoppable with like 7+ hearts, taking half damage. As I'm scouting for 100% in the end game it looks like you'll basically have an infinite mana pool too lol. Beating the game in 2 hours though seems harder than pirates curse because of the specific collectibles you'll have to find on first pass and how you prioritize that

you not only get infinite magic, but the shield upgrades to full invincibility, and you can learn dances to refill your health or spawn healing items

even before all that, you can learn the full gem magnet, the gemjug dance, and just stand in the healing sauna and mash buttons to get free money

the powers the game gives you are silly

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
tbh that kinda sounds like the end game of saints row 3 and that was fun too

not like forever but it kinda owned to just go stomping on loving everything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive unlocked the last level with basically 100% except I need to grind gems to buy a few of the level 3 magic. Cant wait to see what the final level looks like. Overall, unless the last 20 minutes blows my loving mind, Im gonna say this is my 2nd fave shantae. Theres a lot of really fun transformations and it let them get creative with some of the harder collectibles, but I still prefer the pirates curse upgrades, especially once you had everything and could zip across the world in 2 minutes. I will also try to speed run this game at some point although I never actually learned the second half of the games bosses because I stood still and had endless scimitar protection

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at using flamethrower + infinite magic in the final escape sequence. I got 100% in a little over 5 hours, I could definitely do it in under 4 on genie mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol at using flamethrower + infinite magic in the final escape sequence. I got 100% in a little over 5 hours, I could definitely do it in under 4 on genie mode

i saw someone mentioned that as a bug on the backer forums and their response was basically if a player wants to exploit the game like that, its up to them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's concept art of Shantae stuck to a cell phone strap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol there's an entire page dedicated to the development of the wiggling mermaids for the factory level and every note is like "please don't make this too sexy!!" like the animation department can't help themselves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the fan art gallery is amazing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

Lol there's an entire page dedicated to the development of the wiggling mermaids for the factory level and every note is like "please don't make this too sexy!!" like the animation department can't help themselves

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

the fan art gallery is amazing

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i picked this up today and its sick

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I picked this up yesterday and I'm the worst at it of any player in history.

It's pretty fun.

I need help though: How the gently caress do I get to the Bat transformation?!?! I even looked up where it's at, but this is as close as I can get to it:
https://twitter.com/Wolscott/status/819749647010975744

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think you need monkey bullet iirc.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

i think you need monkey bullet iirc.

What is that?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

What is that?

Its a monkey upgrade that lets you shoot horizontally off surfaces youre clinging to. I think its hidden in the first level somewhere underwater.

Thank you for bumping this thread though because you reminded me I wanted to try to get the speedrun cheevo in this

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Thanks.

Yeah, I figured it was more appropriate than asking all my questions in the general games thread.

Edit: there's a pipe in the first level that I can't jump high enough to get to with the crab...

Edit2: found it.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 13, 2017

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i need to plugmy rig in to play this fuuu

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cool game. i never played the older ones. only thing i didnt like was all the backtracking. peace

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cool bug i found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOKDCef2kU

i died the same time as squid baron phase one and turned invisible for the second phase but couldnt do antyhing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I will probably end up getting the 100% speedrun challenge on this file even though i spent a ton of time mapping out each level along the way, NG+ lets you get a ton of stuff early. But i also have a super low gem count so I need to find the fastest way to farm gems thatisnt the gem jug trick because thats boring.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

cool bug i found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOKDCef2kU

i died the same time as squid baron phase one and turned invisible for the second phase but couldnt do antyhing.

yah i turned invisible in the mermaid factory, in the secret area that you need a bunch of transformation to get to. i had to restart

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The jump animation for the monkey form is amazing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm a big fan of the Crab freefall float.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got pirate's curse from the humble bundle. how does this one stack up in comparison to the others?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's the best one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

It's the best one.

This

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

It's the best one.

nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

This game is too easy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Do i get a sexy wallpaper for get the fasy clear cheevo like imn pirate cirse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bosses are pretty hard on low% but the platforming never gets very challenging

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Do i get a sexy wallpaper for get the fasy clear cheevo like imn pirate cirse

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

The jump animation for the monkey form is amazing.

I like the little animation shantae and sky do on the world map screen where they look like they're having the time of their life riding on wrench

Great game all around. Too easy but hopefully the risky boots story mode will be a bit harder without unlimited invincibility being a regular move you can pick up

• Locked thread