Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i actually died to ammo baron stage enemies because they were doing one full heart and i haven't bought potions in this game. i guess i turned off the metal bikini ?-?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psychofishhead posted:

I like the little animation shantae and sky do on the world map screen where they look like they're having the time of their life riding on wrench

Great game all around. Too easy but hopefully the risky boots story mode will be a bit harder without unlimited invincibility being a regular move you can pick up

I only played up to the Mermaid Falls level after buying Half Genie Hero last night. Namely because of the Humble Bundle giving me Pirates Curse (which I'm going to play first) and Day of the Tentacle Remastered. I am really digging both games, the music is great and the gameplay is well done.

If you get the Humble Bundle that has Pirate's Curse, I suggest you get the tier with Deadbolt & DotTR. Deadbolt is sort of like Gunjack and I like that a lot so far.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 18, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna get the 2 hour challenge but NG+ is boring because of starting with harpy so I'll try to do it regular which may be more challenging. It's fun to mix and match

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking about it. I would love to watch a 4 person race of either Shantae game. It probably won't be amazing but I just like the speedrun race idea.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pirates Curse NG+ is a cool speedrun and I'm surprised it hasn't been at a GDQ before. Its probably too sexy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Pirates Curse NG+ is a cool speedrun and I'm surprised it hasn't been at a GDQ before. Its probably too sexy

i think theyve had riskys revenge and mighty switch force on before

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

I only played up to the Mermaid Falls level after buying Half Genie Hero last night. Namely because of the Humble Bundle giving me Pirates Curse (which I'm going to play first) and Day of the Tentacle Remastered. I am really digging both games, the music is great and the gameplay is well done.

If you get the Humble Bundle that has Pirate's Curse, I suggest you get the tier with Deadbolt & DotTR. Deadbolt is sort of like Gunjack and I like that a lot so far.

n++ is a good deal for 10 was idr if its this deal tho or a different one. whatever

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/ThankfulMallardGingerPower

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im at 2:30 with everything you cant purchase collected so I have 90 minutes to spam gemjug and buy everything. It might be kinda close lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

n++ is a good deal for 10 was idr if its this deal tho or a different one. whatever

Same bundle - https://www.humblebundle.com/overwhelmingly-positive-bundle

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

This game has a Schutzstaffel protag

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Should I finish Risky's Revenge or just skip straight to Pirate's Curse?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the rottytops run in pirate's curse was really fun. i'm enjoying this game a lot so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the game bugged and gave me the achievement for both 100% speedrun and any% speedrun, even though I thought any% was under 2 hours. I wanna go for that tonight though, and I think ill stream my attempt at like a 90 minute clear. the road to SGDQ starts here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to stream this soon. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training and if I make the sub 2 hour Ill show everyone the sexy wallpaper live on stream.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Im going to stream this soon. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training and if I make the sub 2 hour Ill show everyone the sexy wallpaper live on stream.

hopefully they dont ban you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i went to take a clip of the sexy speedrun pic but my clip button was greyed out, rc wasnt lying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat it in 1:23 which is cool, I was hoping for something sub 90 and I messed up a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i went to take a clip of the sexy speedrun pic but my clip button was greyed out, rc wasnt lying

lol weird. Well, I made a clip for you then. https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/AgreeableHerdEleGiggle

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I beat it in 1:23 which is cool, I was hoping for something sub 90 and I messed up a lot.

That's not awful though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's not awful though.

20 minutes off WR apparently. Looking at leaderboards

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i will do it myself and earn the sexy pic the hard way

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

20 minutes off WR apparently. Looking at leaderboards

You're in the top 15 too unless the time you posted was in-game time and not real time. At least for those who submitted their times to speedrun.com since SDA doesn't have a Half Genie Hero category yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

You're in the top 15 too unless the time you posted was in-game time and not real time. At least for those who submitted their times to speedrun.com since SDA doesn't have a Half Genie Hero category yet.

It was in game time. Idk what my real time was. Id be 7th if I submitted the run to speedrun.com leaderboard (Shantae Hero Mode Any%). Out of 7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A fun thing to do would be to submit completely horrific clear times for games with 3 people on the leaderboard just to start racking up speedrunner karma (<--- does this exist?)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but how is 1:23 not sub 90??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is, I was expressing surprise that i got under my goal while still messing up a bunch. I think I died twice.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
oh n/m I read "and I messed up a lot" as "but I messed up a lot"

grats on the run.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since Pirate's Curse won't work on my PC for mystical reasons, I'm gonna finish up HGH and try and do a speedrun.

Monkey form is still amazing despite the adorableness of crab form.

The music in this game is also killer but then again its the dude who did Shovel Knight's music so I am not exactly surprised. Speaking of, I need to play the DLC for that game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's a shame about Pirates.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Since Pirate's Curse won't work on my PC for mystical reasons, I'm gonna finish up HGH and try and do a speedrun.

Monkey form is still amazing despite the adorableness of crab form.

The music in this game is also killer but then again its the dude who did Shovel Knight's music so I am not exactly surprised. Speaking of, I need to play the DLC for that game.

plague knight rules

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that guy also did pirates curse's music and mighty switch force 1+2 [check em out, they're on 3ds and mighty switch force 1 hd is on steam bye]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent most of my run today flapping or jumping in beat with the music because for 90% of it you're in no danger of dying

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

plague knight rules

Yeah I played Shovel Knight at a friends and never bought it despite meaning to. That issue was solved with a quick trip to GOG.com so no problemos. Gonna play Shantae first though.

mysterious loyall X posted:

that guy also did pirates curse's music and mighty switch force 1+2 [check em out, they're on 3ds and mighty switch force 1 hd is on steam bye]

Pirate's Curse had good music. I really do need to see what is causing it to crash because I would love to finish that too. The music is also awesome so again, not shocked given the guy's portfolio of amazing songs for games.

Like his stuff and the Crypt of the Necromancer guy never seem to make a bad track.

In Training posted:

I spent most of my run today flapping or jumping in beat with the music because for 90% of it you're in no danger of dying

That makes sense for some reason.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Jake KaufWin

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For those that want to listen to good tunes by the dude - https://virt.bandcamp.com/

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

A fun thing to do would be to submit completely horrific clear times for games with 3 people on the leaderboard just to start racking up speedrunner karma (<--- does this exist?)

Digimon World (2?) 100% I think has never been completed so you could try that one. It takes like 400 hours though.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

In Training posted:

NieR 100% speed run, no changing of the console time allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1821170

What to expect in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero HARD CORE MODE:

Pain and suffering!
Harder hitting enemies!
Faster enemy patterns!
Faster scroll speeds!
Remixed enemy locations, and more of ‘em!
New Boss patterns, attacks, and stats!
Healing Items capped at six!
Re-balanced magic items!
Poor Shantae!

• Locked thread