Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So Charlotte beats Sasha at the next PPV then Sasha wins it back on a random Raw again, right? Wonder how many times they plan on doing this

how many ppvs until the heat death of the universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Instead of Raw I had sex

So all of us got hosed last night. Good to hear.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Instead of Raw I had sex

IT'S A SHOOT, BROTHER

edit: poo poo, I should have went with "Did you get worked into a shoot?" dammit

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If you ignore WWE's constant insecure need to call things historic, the Sasha/Charlotte feud has been good and learned the lessons of last year's #divasrevolution and isn't trying to get everyone over at once at the expense of having a compelling feud. Granted they have hot potatoes the belt around too much, but the first time was due to injury (that they overestimated how long was going to take to come back from) and the latest seems to be another change of plans on who was going to end the feud with the belt. The matches have been good, Charlotte has become a very effective heel promo, and people are actually caring about the rivalry and they're giving it sustained main event focus. As long as Sasha wins the ironman match to cap this off then I'll be happy about the thing as a whole.

There is definitely space on the card to build up a challenger though, Nia Jax should squash some fools to give Sasha an opponent before Bayley gets a shot. Charlotte can feud with Dana.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Instead of Raw I had sex with myself

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Instead of Raw I had sex

What is the name of the man? :grin:

also i did too and i pulled off a new move i've been thinking about, my workrate has really improve lately

but thats not as good as TONIGHT, which is Smackdown Live! and Talking Smack! with all my good friends in the smackdown thread!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bayley is the one of the most likable personalities in the WWE, Becky is the definition of babyface fire, and Asuka's approaching an undefeated streak rivaling Goldberg's but WWE's focus on two women being the most history important women's feud of all time while they hot potato a championship and are constantly compared to two other men is just kind of sucking all the air of this for me. They're not even doing a good job on RAW making Nia Jax look credible right now, so I cant imagine what their end-game is here other than more patting on the back for being "progressive"

It really pains me to say that TNA has done this much better before and this was during a time where almost nothing they did was subtle in any way. NXT and Smackdown are currently doing it better -- I don't think Carmella or Nikki are better wrestlers but their feud has a lot more heat and their matches are generally easier to digest.

The writing on RAW is just bad. Like drat, I think Yuzupon did a better job putting Stardom on the map in Japan and making the company credible than WWE is doing with RAW, and Yuzu really wasn't the best wrestler.

And something funny I just found out was that Yuzupon did the hosting for WWE Japan and had a featured article on WWE.com

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 6, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Sasha-Charlotte feud has been bad, is stale and now they are going to make it about Ric Flair, again. The matches are nothing special and the historic angle has been played to death. The SD! womens division has what 4 feuds right now? and they have 6 wrestlers. Raw has bad writers or they just dont care.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Sasha-Charlotte feud has been bad, is stale and now they are going to make it about Ric Flair, again. The matches are nothing special and the historic angle has been played to death. The SD! womens division has what 4 feuds right now? and they have 6 wrestlers. Raw has bad writers or they just dont care.
Is every woman on RAW feuding about a man?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I played Final Fantasy XV instead of watching RAW, it was cool. I caught some fish and got some weapons and got photobombed by a messenger from the gods and ate cup noodles.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Is every woman on RAW feuding about a man?

Alicia and Bayley are feuding about a cw dude i think? Nia and Dana are doing nothing right now so yes. Also in Raw you have the awful booking of Lana and Rusev.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Raw has bad writers or they just dont care.

I've found the problem, it's actually both

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how many ppvs until the heat death of the universe?

Isn't that already whenever Corbin has a match?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think I know the answer to this already but why is every single Ruusev feud starting around Lana teasing being with another man? Has this EVER worked out for anyone's real-life marriage in the history of wrestling?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Because Vince still thinks it's the 90s

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
If Charlotte/Sasha had ended with HIAC and you now had the exact same feuds and segments but with Sasha and Bayley switched places, Raw's women would be fine. Have Ric back Bayley (and shout about her being Randy Savage's not-child, I guess), and basically have Sasha kill time fighting with the womens' undercard until her going for the title would be fresh again. Those two trading places is all you need to do to fix it.

ed: or sub in Dana, that'll also fix it. Don't change a single line of dialogue, just recast Charlotte with Dana without anybody acknowledging the change.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Honestly the worst thing to happen to the womens division on Raw was that ESPN article that made the WWE notice that Charlotte was undefeated on PPV.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't that already whenever Corbin has a match?

Corbin is good now. You must be a small person.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Anything worth watching from RAW? Took a sick day today and unsure of whether or not anything on the show was enjoyable or if it'll just make me feel worse.

Also, please let Sasha win the Ironman match so there is no longer grounds for an automatic rematch.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phenix Rising posted:

Anything worth watching from RAW? Took a sick day today and unsure of whether or not anything on the show was enjoyable or if it'll just make me feel worse.

Also, please let Sasha win the Ironman match so there is no longer grounds for an automatic rematch.

1. No, not really.
2. I think they want to do Bayley-Charlotte at WM so i dont think you will be happy my friend.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The goddamn Hell in a Cell should have been the end of Sasha/Charlotte. Jesus.

Can we get the SD! Tag Title picture in OP Fixed? Luke Harper is the Tag champions.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bow wow for the Big Dog

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think giving the women's division a guaranteed 30 minute match loses a lot of its significance when we just had an Enzo/Rusev cuckolding joke segment go for 47.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That DICK! posted:

Bow wow for the Big Dog

Tuesdays are SmackDown!: Live time, pal!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I mean theres another telling thing about how the two divisions are being booked at the moment (not that this has always been the case in the last few months) but while Smackdowns womens divisions is entirely focused on feuds between the women involved with very little bleed over into the mens division, both raw segments last night were both about the love of men - Fox and Bayley were wrestling over Cedric's affections and Sasha and Charlotte was more about who Flair loves.

Caramella and nikki

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That DICK! posted:

Bow wow for the Big Dog

I think she'll finally beat Charlotte on PPV this time!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

Caramella and nikki

But i think this is more Carmella is crazy jealous of Nikki success and she is grasping at straws to try to undermine her? At least thats the way im seeing it.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Namtab posted:

Caramella and nikki

That's not fighting over a guy? Carmella's been mentioning Cena as a way of unnerving her, sure, but he's not shown up in the feud. It's been more about Nikki trying to come back and be badass when Carmella's been doing...something...? in the meantime.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Phenix Rising posted:

I very much enjoyed Zayn/Owens and Jericho/Reigns.

Went to the show last night. I had not been to an event since I was 13. Wrestling is so much better live, holy cow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, remember when Sasha won the title the first time and it was really cool and even Charlotte looked happy for her, and Finn Balor also won two matches that night and was gonna go fight for a title at SummerSlam?

Boy, that was nice.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Tuesdays are SmackDown!: Live time, pal!

Bow wow the gently caress down you pleb

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Bow wow the gently caress down you pleb

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Have we concluded that Charlotte legit hates her dad?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

But i think this is more Carmella is crazy jealous of Nikki success and she is grasping at straws to try to undermine her? At least thats the way im seeing it.

Her story is that she was paired off against a returning Nikki for an easy steamroll victory, and did the sensible thing for her career. Think of her like Nate Diaz, only good.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Have we concluded that Charlotte legit hates her dad?

I think so. Their ride along episode was very awkward.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Her story is that she was paired off against a returning Nikki for an easy steamroll victory, and did the sensible thing for her career. Think of her like Nate Diaz, only good.

Needs more mariguana and stockton slaps.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Needs more mariguana and stockton slaps.

She slaps plenty and could probably smoke my thirty-rear end under the table.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Evil Badman posted:

That's not fighting over a guy? Carmella's been mentioning Cena as a way of unnerving her, sure, but he's not shown up in the feud. It's been more about Nikki trying to come back and be badass when Carmella's been doing...something...? in the meantime.

Carmella was pissed because Nikki "stole her moment" because her PPV debut was in her hometown and then Nikki made a surprise return to be in (and win) the match

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think so. Their ride along episode was very awkward.

Awkward how? I'm curious to see it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Baron Corbin: "Go back to CZW!"

• Locked thread