Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vince is handed the women's version of John Cena and then proceeds to completely ignore her to play with his busted Ric Flair and Eddie Guerrero action figures.

I was a big fan of Sasha in NXT but she's been super exposed at being pretty mediocre without weeks of being able to put together the perfect match, and the entire "WE'RE MAKING HISTORY!" shtick is so heavy-handed it's kind of making me resent her.

e: It reminds me of South Park's current arc where Cartman keeps trying to convince everyone his girlfriend is SUPER HILARIOUS but she never actually tells any jokes. But yeah, she's super smart.

Sasha and Charolette ARE making history but I feel like there's much better people they could be doing this with; maybe they thought Snoop Dog's cousin and Ric Flair's daughter were the two most marketable.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't wait until the No Ropes Barbed Wire Exploding Death Match finally brings the end of the PG era thank you Stephanie, thank you Mick.

Vaguido posted:

I get that not every woman on the roster can pull off big money matches, just like not every man can go for the Universal Title, but it's really damaging to the other 3 or 4 women on your roster if they never get a shot to show what they're capable of in a big match situation. Smackdown has done a lot to try and keep all of their women relevant, so seeing Sasha and Charlotte being the only two who matter on Raw is very frustrating.
This was how the WWE women had been booked for ages, it's pretty glaring who's booking RAW now compared to who was booking before the brand split.

I also remember a falls count anywhere match involving Mickie James in TNA that took place over the theme park (And not just at the ramp)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bayley is the one of the most likable personalities in the WWE, Becky is the definition of babyface fire, and Asuka's approaching an undefeated streak rivaling Goldberg's but WWE's focus on two women being the most history important women's feud of all time while they hot potato a championship and are constantly compared to two other men is just kind of sucking all the air of this for me. They're not even doing a good job on RAW making Nia Jax look credible right now, so I cant imagine what their end-game is here other than more patting on the back for being "progressive"

It really pains me to say that TNA has done this much better before and this was during a time where almost nothing they did was subtle in any way. NXT and Smackdown are currently doing it better -- I don't think Carmella or Nikki are better wrestlers but their feud has a lot more heat and their matches are generally easier to digest.

The writing on RAW is just bad. Like drat, I think Yuzupon did a better job putting Stardom on the map in Japan and making the company credible than WWE is doing with RAW, and Yuzu really wasn't the best wrestler.

And something funny I just found out was that Yuzupon did the hosting for WWE Japan and had a featured article on WWE.com

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 6, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Sasha-Charlotte feud has been bad, is stale and now they are going to make it about Ric Flair, again. The matches are nothing special and the historic angle has been played to death. The SD! womens division has what 4 feuds right now? and they have 6 wrestlers. Raw has bad writers or they just dont care.
Is every woman on RAW feuding about a man?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think I know the answer to this already but why is every single Ruusev feud starting around Lana teasing being with another man? Has this EVER worked out for anyone's real-life marriage in the history of wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's no organic build to Charolette/Sasha, it's everyone blatantly telling you to be excited because it's groundbreaking and never done before and just oh so great you've gotta love it. We're being told we're supposed to love something instead of being shown a reason to love something; it's the same stink in booking philosophy that had everyone turn against Roman Reigns.

• Locked thread