Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tacos
Flour tortilla
Corn tortilla
Crispy corn tortilla
View Results

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish i had the kind of money where i could pay kojima to develop a pinball table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could probably just do a fan project tbh. I don't think anyone would go full legal against a pinball table

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

You could probably just do a fan project tbh. I don't think anyone would go full legal against a pinball table

it's more that i would want to see what he would do w/ the genre of pinball

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you have to kill grey fox but it won't let you launch the ball and when you pull the level it says "no, I can't do it"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

When you have to kill grey fox but it won't let you launch the ball and when you pull the level it says "no, I can't do it"
You have to hit the Chaff G. spinner to light the ramp that will let you attack Rex (a large plastic/metal model at the back of the table).

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to hit the Chaff G. spinner to light the ramp that will let you attack Rex (a large plastic/metal model at the back of the table).

Hit the locker Otakon is in 5 times to unlock the Grey Fox fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll make the Kickstarter.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th sniper wolf target is all th way at the back past a bunch of bumpers or you can hit the nikita missile ramp and it counts as a hit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Oh my god!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
i'm that idiot that said pinball sucks but guess what i actually played that pinball game that came with like windows xp maybe, or maybe the windows before that, and my friend's rich aunt who loves elvis has a 50s themed bar above her garage with an elvis pinball machine that i play a lot so. I don't really hate pinball i just think reviews are weird when a pinball game can get nearly the same metacritic score as a game like the last guardian.

also idk what this subforum even is i just posted in it cause i couldn't find the main games one but how do so many people love pinball that much idk it's like, what if the ball just goes between the flippers and you have no chance of hitting the ball, like even if you're timing is perfect but you just get unlucky and the ball happens to be in just the right spot to where u have no chance of hitting it and u lose, what happens then, you're just hosed and can't do anything, and its not your fault and that's a design flaw that's worse than any design flaw the last guardian had.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 26, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ed Boon recently did a big interview where he talks about all the old pinball poo poo he worked on http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/12/01/ed-boon-interview-2016.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

how was there never a Mortal Kombat pinball machine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Imhotep posted:

i'm that idiot that said pinball sucks but guess what i actually played that pinball game that came with like windows xp maybe, or maybe the windows before that, and my friend's rich aunt who loves elvis has a 50s themed bar above her garage with an elvis pinball machine that i play a lot so. I don't really hate pinball i just think reviews are weird when a pinball game can get nearly the same metacritic score as a game like the last guardian.

also idk what this subforum even is i just posted in it cause i couldn't find the main games one but how do so many people love pinball that much idk it's like, what if the ball just goes between the flippers and you have no chance of hitting the ball, like even if you're timing is perfect but you just get unlucky and the ball happens to be in just the right spot to where u have no chance of hitting it and u lose, what happens then, you're just hosed and can't do anything, and its not your fault and that's a design flaw that's worse than any design flaw the last guardian had.

you nudge the side of the machine, this is intended and part of the game

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Imhotep posted:

:wth:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imhotep posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Give him the Yoda

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Imhotep posted:

https://youtu.be/BetRICV0cLg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Da fuq

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

:mrwhite:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is Justice. God is good.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

*loooks at the op over glasses* this guy are sick

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I got the yoda avi wtf.

That's kinda cool tho I've never had an avi here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Imhotep posted:

I got the yoda avi wtf.

That's kinda cool tho I've never had an avi here

You made it into the pantheon of posters such as Cyra and ForeverSmug. Congrats!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

sooooo has anyone here actually played the last guardian...?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

I bought a PS4 just to play this game but I haven't been in the mood to game much lately so it's just sitting there. I assume everyone else is in the same sitchy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

Yes.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Yes and it's my favorite game of the year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm downloading this now. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time and I've been waiting for LG for forever. Can't wait to finally experience it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trico has some of the best animations I've ever seen

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Trico has some of the best animations I've ever seen

It's insane how much they made him feel like a real animal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't like it much at first because of the camera/controls but I loved it by the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

It's insane how much they made him feel like a real animal

There's so many little things he (she?) does that just make me smile while I watch. The puzzles are pretty straightforward but I've probably spent half my playtime so far just idling and watching trico interact with the environment

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I still have not played this game that I bought a playstation 4 to play.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol i played like the first level and havent gone back yet, not that i didnt like it or anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do the button prompts ever go away or is there a way to turn them off? One of my favorite part about Ueda games is their minimal or non-existent UI and after 3 hours I don't need a garish black box telling me that I can push Triangle to jump.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

They start to appear less and less as the game goes on and eventually go away completely.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
yes, they updated it so they don't appear much. Shadow of the colossus has a tutorial with button prompts too, it's just slightly less intrusive because of the nature of the game. Also SotC has hints too when you take too long to deafeat the colossus, for the people who complained about that.

But yeah, I've completed the game a few times, one of the best games I've ever played. People slowly came into the other Last Guardian thread in the main games forum after they had beat it to chime in with similar opinions. At first there were a few assholes complaining about the framerate, which I hardly noticed because it only drops for a few moments before the area loads, and I don't mind the controls cause they feel exactly like the previous two games, except better, which isn't saying much but they suit the style of the game. Like I said in the other thread, it would feel weird if the boy controlled like Uncharted or something, it would feel off, it feels immersive when the kid does clumsy poo poo, he's a little boy, and the animations that go along with it are amazing. The camera issues only annoyed me in two spots, and they only lasted a few seconds, as well as a couple of times i got stuck in trico's crotch area, but idk if people are having much worse experiences, but if they experienced what I went through then they're complaining about nothing essentially, especially considering how every other facet of the game is incredible and made me forget about wonky controls or whatever.

This is truly my favorite game of all time, it exceeded my high expectations as a team Ico fanboy waiting for this game since they posted the very first teaser screenshot of a chain and maybe a feather without any other information, maybe along with the code name project trico. Then I followed every little update over the 8 years or whatever until a couple of months before it's release when I stopped watching as I wanted to experience the game without seeing too much of it. I think it says a lot that (although at the time I was emotional due to other things, but) when I first saw Trico and especially when I first saw him act nicely towards me, I teared up a bit, and teared up at the end too.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 18, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been moving through this very slowly to savor it. all the sections where you're dealing with the eyes in the mobile kinda structures suspended over 600 feet drops are terrifying

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I've been moving through this very slowly to savor it. all the sections where you're dealing with the eyes in the mobile kinda structures suspended over 600 feet drops are terrifying

My butt clenched a lot when playing the game because of the heights. And before you ask, no, there was no man involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to the part where the Second trico knocked us off a cliff uncool bro that was a real shock

• Locked thread