Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I started a Yahoo bowl pick 'em league because I don't think anyone else did it yet.

Group ID: 4994
password: HailXort

Straight up, confidence points.

WHOOOOOOOOOO lovely BOWLS!

https://football.fantasysports.yaho...bowl/group/4994

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Bumping this to get more participants. Bowls start next weekend, so there's still plenty of time to talk yourself into putting max confidence points on the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

what is this?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

what is this?

Pick winners of bowl games with confidence points based on which outcomes you think are most likely.

It's fun!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is the password still the same? It's giving me an error message

Never mind :downs:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It takes way to effing long to try to order by confidence :colbert:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

It takes way to effing long to try to order by confidence :colbert:

Guess what you think the betting line should be for each game (if you were setting it) and then order them from the biggest spread to the smallest

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Here's how I play it:

Get really drunk
Pick games
Wait until next afternoon
Review picks
Change anything as needed
Fiddle with confidence points all week

This won me the Goon Pick 'em recently.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

Here's how I play it:

Get really drunk

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Is anyone else having an issue not being able to fill in the NCG and score? I swear it used to make you do this before the games started in previous years.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I could not fill in the score maybe they want you to know the teams, like we don't already know the teams.

Also I made my picks based upon only watching IU football games 3 times this year.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Is anyone else having an issue not being able to fill in the NCG and score? I swear it used to make you do this before the games started in previous years.

Last year we did ESPN so maybe Yahoo handles it differently.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah, I'm having that problem as well. Also I can't drag my confidence choices around on mobile, it makes the whole page move instead of the picks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

I think it must be locked until the teams are set.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This starts tomorrow, I say as I bump this thread and have forgotten to sign up myself so far.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Little Saban Big World is this year's winner you heard it here first folks

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
We can do better than 23 people. C'mon now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I randomly picked as "Picks Detrimental to the Team" and put the Gophers at maximum confidence as a hail mary.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

We can do better than 23 people. C'mon now.

It might have helped a tiny bit to have a link in the OP, rather than making people google it themselves. :effort:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl/group/4994

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Go to https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl/register/joinprivategroup and enter

Group ID: 4994
password: HailXort

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I have one on ESPN but I guess I'll sign up for a Yahoo account. I mean it was only like a billion people that got hacked, right?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Everyone's about to learn a lesson in Hermanology 101. Bring a pen and pad fellas!!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Okay. I'm in. I ended the regular pick em season well!

e: I liked the spread picks vs confidence points because half these bowls are unknowable dreck haha

ee: I honestly have no clue for more than half of these this will be an awful thing I think. So many I just left where they are.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 17, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

https://football.fantasysports.yaho...bowl/group/4994

Do it before noon! Bowl Season is absurdly long!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
in as VOLS BITCH

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I've got the spookiest picks, y'all got nothing on me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Last minute/hour bump. I don't even know where the first bowl is broadcast but everyone get in.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Grittybeard posted:

Last minute/hour bump. I don't even know where the first bowl is broadcast but everyone get in.

1:00 CT

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Thanks for setting this up. Getting in under the wire.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I tried to join but yahoo didn't like my phone number.

My picks are that a&m will end bill Snyder and Washington will end Bama.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I've got pretty good picks in but my iPhone won't let me drag and drop my order so gently caress that noise

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well it's totally time to recalibrate my UNC Stanford pick now that McCaffery is out. He was gonna ruin UNC but without him enh prb not so much.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Well it's totally time to recalibrate my UNC Stanford pick now that McCaffery is out. He was gonna ruin UNC but without him enh prb not so much.

thanks for reminding me

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Looking through the early games, we have 0 players who picked 5 of 5. We've got a couple that bet big on SDSU and New Mexico and won.

Emron is showing a masterful use of the confidence points so far, as he is waaaaay down in 30th place, but has the highest remaining points possible.

3 players failed to submit any picks (there's still time!)

1 player actually managed to get 0 of 5. Zach, our hearts go out to you.

Also, this guy here: The Nards Pan's dumb picks, RobertR... You should finish off your picks. You got 2 of 5, but only picked the first 5 games.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I think I'm 0/6 now. Sorry guys I'm bringing down the average

All the picks are my low point ones at least.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I got a middling 3 but yeah high point wins and low point losses.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My first five picks were worth 1,2,3,4, and 5 points, but I had 38 on Tulsa winning :smug:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I feel stupid for not having Tulsa higher, most of the AAC teams are lined up in games they should win. (RIP Houston)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In retrospect I have no idea why I picked UCF over Arkansas State (I made most of these picks two weeks ago and have only adjusted a few for coaching/player related news since then) but 5/6 and leading the group ain't bad :toot:

• Locked thread