Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/VP/status/761253705341480962

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

uhh, is that a slice of pizza

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

If the Democrats are gonna nominate an extremely old man, they should just pick Bernie, who can fight Trump on his own turf and oh my god they're going to nominate Biden and he's going to lose.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Schlonged Again posted:

If the Democrats are gonna nominate an extremely old man, they should just pick Bernie, who can fight Trump on his own turf and oh my god they're going to nominate Biden and he's going to lose.
2024, 3 years into World War III:
*in a concentration camp hospital, bernie on his deathbed, extends his hand, and opens his palm to reveal a bloodstained star of david*

"only you can set this right...."

*bernie's extended arm goes limp, the last strands of life leaving him*

*a man takes the star, and he winces in grim determination. that man is William J. "Keen" Blazkowicz Jr"

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

2024, 3 years into World War III:
*in a concentration camp hospital, bernie on his deathbed, extends his hand, and opens his palm to reveal a bloodstained star of david*

"only you can set this right...."

*bernie's extended arm goes limp, the last strands of life leaving him*

*a man takes the star, and he winces in grim determination. that man is William J. "Keen" Blazkowicz Jr"

i'd play it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

machinegames prob have massive plans for the new order 3 by now

i hope they make it before the fourth reich happens and it's banned material punishable by vaporization here :ohdear:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

President Biden will avenge his boy Barack and kill any judge appointed by Trump with his bare hands

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That DICK! posted:

President Biden will avenge his boy Barack and kill any judge appointed by Trump with his bare hands

but what if the judge......... IS OBAMA?!?!?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Joe Biden 2020

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

is Biden still popular with actual people? I heard he was, but that was back in the Obama presidency and I'm not sure if he still is tbh

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Idiot millennials have confused "The Onion's Joe 'Diamond Joe' Biden" and "Petulant Joe Biden Meme Joe Biden" with the actual real life politician Joe Biden, whom they know absolutely nothing about other than 1) he's VP and 2) he known for making verbal gaffes sometimes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

That DICK! posted:

probably the most progressive thing any single person has ever done

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

is Biden still popular with actual people? I heard he was, but that was back in the Obama presidency and I'm not sure if he still is tbh

Despite his voting record he has very high approval with basically the entire left.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sounds to me then that he's less president material and more a dude you parachute into places to get people to turn out.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's a milquetoast centrist Democrat but he's capable of sounding human, which puts him above the decaying android body of Clinton any day of the week

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agean90 posted:

sounds to me then that he's less president material and more a dude you parachute into places to get people to turn out.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Joe Biden is someone who you want to hang out with but don't want to be president, like one of my alt-right friends, or Donald Trump.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Agean90 posted:

he's the perfect vp, because he champions good causes without adding his awful triangulation policy-making to the mix

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/758279827862368256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Wow go join Bill and Bernie with the dinosaurs old man Joe, we've got a diverse coalition of millennials, single women and urban residents to surf to 400 electoral votes

We can probably comp you a ticket to the victory party though

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Republicans win election on platform of "Kill all minorities"

New Dem party position: "Kill only some minorities"

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Republicans win election on platform of "Kill all minorities"

New Dem party position: "Kill only some minorities"

The upper class, technically speaking, are a minority.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Biden is not very good on the stump but man is he skilled at interpersonal politics. He even gives Bubba a run for his money. The ordinary work of shaking hands and meeting people, he is unbelievably skilled at because he actually loves it - its not an act.

The problem is that Bubba was also one of history's finest orators and Biden stammers, goes off on weird tangents, fails to make points crisply, and, of course, the gaffes.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

the gaffes are a plus in this new anti-politicking era of politics

Joe Biden is very much like Obama. He can talk the talk on progressive policy but he won't walk the walk. That's exactly what the establishment democrats will try to look for in the future. They'll try to find more Obamas. They want to build up a fake "real progressive" candidate, because that strategy has been effective in the past, and they can definitely improve on their electoral performance with a candidate who's simply more charismatic than Clinton (which isn't hard to find). Their goal for winning in the future will revolve around image and marketing, and they won't change their policy at all. And the sad thing is, if the left is not scrupulous, it will work.

Bodyholes has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Dec 8, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bodyholes posted:

"gaffes? no, he is being authentic" - the american voter

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Bodyholes posted:

Joe Biden is very much like Obama. He can talk the talk on progressive policy but he won't walk the walk. That's exactly what the establishment democrats will try to look for in the future. They'll try to find more Obamas. They want to build up a fake "real progressive" candidate, because that strategy has been effective in the past, and they can definitely improve on their electoral performance with a candidate who's simply more charismatic than Clinton (which isn't hard to find). Their goal for winning in the future will revolve around image and marketing, and they won't change their policy at all. And the sad thing is, if the left is not scrupulous, it will work.

Dude, we need to work on winning back at least some of Congress before we start panicking about nefarious Trojan horse neoliberal presidential candidates.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Bubba was also one of history's finest orators

That's a big was there because holy poo poo he was bad during this past election.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
oh noes Biden a stealth neoliberal bait n' switch screams the poster who doesn't understand that it doesn't particularly matter what Biden is if he or any other Democratic president has no ability to get Democratic-authored legislation passed in the legislative branch

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Idiot millennials have confused "The Onion's Joe 'Diamond Joe' Biden" and "Petulant Joe Biden Meme Joe Biden" with the actual real life politician Joe Biden, whom they know absolutely nothing about other than 1) he's VP and 2) he known for making verbal gaffes sometimes

judging by the 2016 election this means biden should win every state

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Yinlock posted:

judging by the 2016 election this means biden should win every state
Yup, Trump would get so tired of CNN not paying attention to him that he would have actually melted down

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"Lets nominate Hillary Clinton's policies again, but this time with a penis"

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

zegermans posted:

"Lets nominate Hillary Clinton's policies again, but this time with a penis"

that's not fair. biden isn't just another clinton; he's substantively further to the right

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

PleasingFungus posted:

that's not fair. biden isn't just another clinton; he's substantively further to the right

so was Trump and look how that turned out

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
again, it doesn't much matter except in ridiculous edge cases who the next Dem president is if there isn't enough of a Dem legislature to pass legislation

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Make Joe Biden the Onion VP Again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If it takes Diamond Joe to unseat the Republicans, than Diamond Joe it shall be.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Well What Now posted:

again, it doesn't much matter except in ridiculous edge cases who the next Dem president is if there isn't enough of a Dem legislature to pass legislation

dems the breaks lol

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Mirthless posted:

if there's one thing i'm really looking forward to, it's seeing Donald Trump's face gradually sink and droop until he looks like somebody's halloween pumpkin that they left on the porch through mid december

he looked scared shitless when he first met with obama like the day after

i don't think he's going to last long without losing his poo poo and resigning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

That Robot posted:

he looked scared shitless when he first met with obama like the day after

i don't think he's going to last long without losing his poo poo and resigning.

Trump could never swallow his pride enough to resign the most powerful office on earth. If anything, he'll pull an office space, just stop doing the job, and then get impeached.

• Locked thread