Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B, B

Just caught up on this, very cool and interesting setting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sucrose posted:

It's looking like Necromancy is a no-go, but I think we should try and test out if we do indeed have any sort of "destructive powers" against the Dead.

Two words: Zombie Hadouken.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

C

They're not just faster, they can literally rip people limb from limb. :stonk: That's a major upgrade, the villagers need all the help they can get.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-B
2-B

Life has gotten very strange, very quickly.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

AC 1. B evolving to C; 2. B evolving to C

Solid.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B,A

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A, it's impolite to keep your god waiting.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

"Why do you call them the Golden Scourge and the Black Boar?
Why is someone with whom I spent my childhood standing there with no pulse and ungrown?
Why would they keep me from you?
Why did I live when everyone I've ever known was slaughtered?"

E. We want truth, we want answers. We won't get them throwing daggers or accusations. We learn, then act upon that knowledge.

Supporting all this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Somehow I don't think rules-lawyering the lady our god is gonna go over too well.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

A god so fickle and capricious as to murder over a poorly-worded oath should earn no fealty.

I agree, but we've only just come into our powers and sassing her in her own home might be hazardous to our health.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

The Duchess is still smiling. "Yours is the power to break and destroy, to unbind and unweave, to shatter worlds. With the right teaching and right action, there is nothing you cannot destroy."

I like where this is going.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

You guys aren't thinking laterally! Obedience and fealty are not the same thing, this is a prime opportunity to learn the dark arts totally not to betray and replace our master at the top of the food chain srsly from the mistress herself. We can always go on a walkabout but this might be our only chance to get our Vader on.

E- become the Duchess' apprentice

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Being a top dog in the supervillain world means lackeys and minions to do your dirty work, it's a perk not a flaw.

A

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"No disintegrations"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_aXElv_HEc

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

EAA

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

For real.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-A
2-F,B

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-B
2-AABBD

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Blasphemaster posted:

BOW MORTAL. :black101:

I wanna go mad with power in this CYOA!:haw:

C(1)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

C in the style of B

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ralith posted:

A because it's sane and we can melee the thing if we fail to escape it, but we can't escape the thing if we fail to melee it.

Agreed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aades posted:

E

Listening to strange voices in our head seems like a good policy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aades posted:

C

I'd go for A if not for those walls on our power we just found. Hope that's not the Duchess' work.

Whatever the source, chiseling cracks in a dam when we have no idea of how deep a reservoir it's holding back probably isn't wise.

C

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

D: Approach curiously but with no preconceptions. Find out what this is and then consider our response. We are neither afraid nor overconfident.

Sounds good.

Hope it's not a Witch :ohdear:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B, A but no unnecessary cruelty.

This is clearly a test, might as well pass it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ralith posted:

Good catch:

DD. THIS IS NOT THE GUY. (or he's really well disguised and pulling some weird mindgame)

This is a trick and might even be dangerous. We should stay away and move on.

Hmm, switching to DD. This guy's probably an obstacle, better move on to the real objective.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

G

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

A

Going to need all the favour we can get with the Duchess for her to accept this poo poo.

Surely we're having Mr. Sprinkles assume the role of the man he ate for the time being? Regardless, A

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Clearly she knows, so let's just tell the truth.

F. Tell her Mr. Sprinkles ate the servant, so we've fulfilled (the spirit of) our orders, we brought back the (remains of the) servant.

Yep, deception's off the table, better come clean.

F

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

B
D

We were probably supposed to flex our muscle a little and treat the Dead in the swamp as an opportunity, not an obstacle. Guess we picked a few oopsie daisies instead.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-A
2-A

3-ABDJJ

Those whispers are capital-I Important, I'm sure of it. We can't ignore our more temporal concerns, but mysteries intensify.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

1. B
2. B - I plan on doing as I'm told so that when I overthrow the Duchess these people are bound to me instead.
3. F - With a caveat that I'll leave my boat a day's walk away from the village and appear to walk in despite the fact that I actually haven't

Sounds good.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mr. Nemo posted:

1.B
2.B, but we burn, or otherwise destroy if we can't hide the smoke, and sink the boat. Don't want to leave it there as evidence of our deception. Their god or someone of their people might find it and use it do discredit us.

Interesting information gained from spying, and she DIDN'T seem to notice. So we can continue to do so. Another one before us, her daughter? She doesn't seem to have this kind of feelings for us, yet.

At some point in the future search for information about Psychopoms in the library

All of this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ralith posted:

AB, hide the boat

Man, now I wonder if maybe we shouldn't be so anti-Duchess after all.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Like, I don't feel like I can hate her that much any more.

I know, that was pretty harsh. There's some humanity in there after all, maybe we can try reaching it after this mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

On the plus side, we've yet to vote to GBS-style piss all over ourselves or >make goku

That doesn't really happen here in my experience, if someone starts a game here it's generally with the expectation of a reasonably good-faith playing experience, whether the tone's silly or serious.

A

• Locked thread