Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Dr. George Milton - SGC Base Camp P6T-313

"Well, I don't know enough about architecture to tell you how it works, but it certainly does work. We use very strong materials that can withstand the wind, and very deep foundations. The food is usually farmed in a different settlement, and then traded in the cities for things which only the cities can produce," George explains; not exactly telling the truth, but as close to it as they're likely to understand.

He then looks for a place to safely demonstrate his handgun. Once such a place has been found, he explains "This lever here is the safety. Because the bullets are contained inside the weapon, this is used to make it so you can't shoot it accidentally. Then, we have the trigger - when you squeeze this, a tiny hammer at the back strikes the back of the round, igniting the powder I told you about earlier. There are grooves on the inside of this tube, called the barrel, which make the bullet spin to make it more accurate."

He ejects the magazine from the weapon, he then continues, "The rounds are stored in one of these, called a magazine. There's a spring at the bottom which pushes them up to the top." He inserts the magazine again, and pulls the slide back to chamber a round, but doesn't release it yet. "When this part slides backwards, it releases the part of the round that contained the powder; when it goes forward again, it pushes the round at the top of the magazine into the weapon itself, to make it ready to shoot."

He releases the slide, points the weapon at a tree that looks like it would be a decent target, and takes aim; using the other hand to brace. "This is going to be pretty loud, and I am not our team's best marksman," he warns. He is just about to pull the trigger, when the captain tells him not to.

Edit: Changed the bit at the end to reflect the following post - the old post would have had Milton fire if nobody told him not to. Probably for the best - I wouldn't have wanted to miss a tree when demonstrating our weapons...

hectorgrey fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 21:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - SGC Base Camp P6T-313

"Hold your fire doctor. With Pasko here telling us that this valley is occasionally crawling with Jaffa let's not send up any flares shall we? Maybe there's nobody around at the moment, but the last thing we need is every Jaffa within a mile of here running to investigate.

Even if they're not around there's no point frightening Pasko's friends that are still lurking off in the woods, wouldn't want a misunderstanding."

Kurt turns to Pasko, "Sorry for the lack of a demonstration here, as Doctor Milton said, these weapons are very loud and if someone was listening they could be heard from miles away. Wouldn't want to rile up any of the Lion's servants that might be around."

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Dr. George Milton - SGC Base Camp P6T-313

Just as he's about to pull the trigger, Milton hears Kurt's instruction to hold fire. He puts the safety back on, and reholsters the weapon with a short "Sir."

"Probably for the best, come to think of it. These weapons are rather loud, and we wouldn't want to draw attention. While I would be happy to trade, these are not mine to give. However, I do know a little bit about weapons that you might be able to make for yourselves, which could possibly penetrate a Jaffa's armour. I assume that your bow is mostly meant for hunting rather than for making war?" George asks. "In our world's past, we used similar bows for hunting, but we used much longer ones for battle. They would be about as long as the archer was tall, and used arrows roughly a pace long and a thumb width thick. The head was a similar shape to the bullet I showed you earlier; the wounds were smaller as a result, but they were much better at piercing the metal armour worn by the people they shot at - at least, at close range."

"Such a bow takes a lot more strength to draw than you might be used to, and I can make no promises to its effectiveness against Jaffa, but it was a weapon that was used for over a thousand years on our world, so I can only assume it worked."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

Jo is content to let the others speak, not able to follow along much of the conversation. Her medical observations aren't much of a surprise, the new world seemed oddly mundane compared to what she was imagining. At least they were healthy, and not the product of some alien manipulation. She stirs uncomfortably when the discussion of weapons starts, though there wasn't much of a reason to. No one here was going to give away a firearm. At least, today.

"Doctor Milton," she asks when they have a break in the doctor's impressive parade of knowledge. "Exactly why are they speaking Russian?" She shakes her head. "The Goa'uld don't seem to have much interest in them. They're not building pyramids or held for stock. Is it possible their villages were wholesale kidnapped generations ago and planted here, but then were forgotten?"

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Dr. George Milton - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

"At best guess, because their ancestors were brought here from what is now Russia. Your explanation is as good a one as any; Pasko said 'the gods', all but the Lion, left a very long time ago, while she only shows up on occasion and only really causes any trouble if people have been trespassing," George replies, reverting to English. "It seems the ruin is the only thing here of any real interest to the Goa'uld - though having said that, I suspect that some of the locals are taken as hosts from time to time. The best of them, Pasko said..."

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Jacob Glengarry - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

Jake smiles and waves off the water, shrugging a little as the Master Sergeant withdraws. "It's fine, he just..." Trailing off, he notices the pup going on alert. Looking a little puzzled, he holds a finger to his lips, looking in Hak's direction. Hand moving slowly to his weapon, he pats the dog's side. "Everything ok, buddy? What'cha got?" Slowly rising to a stand, he gives the pup free rein, holding up a hand to try and bring some quiet attention. "McGriddles is on edge, guys - I'm going to check it out."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

"I'll go with you sergeant, with news that the Jaffa occasionally roam this valley I don't want anyone running solo. Lieutenant Grey, keep an eye on the camp. I'm sure you and Dr Milton will have an easier time of it without constantly translating for me anyway."

To Pasko, "Our guard dog is on edge about something, so I'll need to leave you to my friends for the moment. Might just be your friends getting curious and coming in closer, but I've found it foolish to ignore the warnings of dogs and would rather be careful than suddenly having servants of the Lion sneak up on us as I'm sure you can understand."

Kurt checks his weapons and heads over to Jacob, "Alright sergeant, let's see what's worrying McGriddles."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


Michael Grey - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

"Yes Sir."

Michael looks around the camp, and tries not to worry about the distinct lack of fortified shooting positions.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

"I guess so," Jo says to George's explanation. "I suppose I was expecting something more explicitly... nefarious. They do take some of them, but it doesn't sound like it's a concerted effort." She shakes her head, and shrugs. "I should stop wondering. Academic interest that might get an anthropology paper out of it isn't going to help here."

She turns back to the visitors. "These ruins... no one in your group remembers who lived there, or what people did there? Do you have stories about them?"

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - SGC Base Camp P6T-313: +6hr on planet
Kurt and Jacob make their explanation to Pasko and then gear up to head out. Pasko nods and speaks to Hak in his native russianesque language. "Hak, go get Tolai and Urku and help." Hak nods and jogs away into the woods where the other two natives were left behind.

Pasko nods and addresses the SG team again in Goa'uld. "My men will help. They know this forest well, in case you run into something dangerous." He settles back down to answer Dr. Lawry's question.

"I know that the ruins are not ours, or The Lion's. Some say that it's a great treasure that she is guarding. I think it's something that The Lion wishes to keep a secret. Either way, whoever built them lived here long before any of my people did. Stories of that place? No, we have stories of how we came to live here, stories of The Lion and her jealous anger, but those ruins... no I can't think of anything about them. Children's tales perhaps, that The Lion keeps a captive there to torture with isolation. One old man claimed that The Lion visits to divine great mysteries. Personally, I think it's an impossible test set by The Lion to tease us."

SG-13 - Scouting party
Kurt and Jacob slink into the woods with McGriddles leading with his nose. The immediate area around the camp is clear, in fact the other two locals make their presence known along with Hak. The trio motions with their hands that they'll head west-ish. McGriddles however seems to be angling off towards the north-west, sampling the air with his nose. A gentle breeze is coming from that direction, clearly carrying something of interest. Leaving the locals to their own devices, Kurt and Jacob follow McGriddles' lead through the forest. They sneak through the trees, covering nearly a half kilometer and 30 minutes as they cautiously scout along. While in the middle of a series of hollows McGriddles suddenly alerts and sits. Kurt and Jacob take a knee to avoid being seen poking above the brush. Unfortunately Kurt's knee comes down on a leaf covered stick that snaps, sounding like a gunshot in the forest. Then, very clearly, from at most a hollow or two over: "Jaffa, kree!"


----
Kurt/Jacob - Pass PER checks, immediate area around the camp is clear.
Giving McGriddles the benefit of the doubt that y'all will follow him (plot dog!).

Stealth check fails, Kurt breaks a branch.
Camo checks pass, you guys are hidden.
You estimate that what you heard is < 50m away.



I'll be on vacation for the rest of this week, so no update until next Tuesday at the latest. Catch y'all next week!

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Good plot dog! Good boy!

Jacob Glengarry - SG-13 - Scouting party
The snapping twig gets a wince out of Jake before he enters high alert. Weapon up and head on a swivel, he immediately looks for hard cover and an angle of approach. Turning his radio down, he slowly duckwalks toward the Master Sergeant, a reassuring hand on his harness as the small group begins to stack up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - SG-13 - Scouting party

"Damnit," Kurt whispers looking at the twig accusingly. "We need to move, they're obviously headed this way to investigate. We'll look for a concealed position, I'd like to get some eyes on these guys so we know what we're dealing with."

Into the radio, quietly, "Jaffa contact, half a click out. They heard me moving but no actual contact. We're going to find cover and try to do some scouting. Get the camp secured and bags concealed and we'll be in touch."

"So, you happen to notice any good places to conceal ourselves on the walk?"

Was there any place we spotted during the trip that would make for a good observation post? Or something nearish by that we can see from here?

Looking around for a hiding spot (per vs 17, survival vs 15): 2#3d6 12 14

Figure survival might be useful for finding a duckjaffa blind

Sorry for the posting delay!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


Michael Grey - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

"Pasko, servants of the Lion are headed this way. My leader requests we conceal our things, and take cover."

Michael will work with the rest of the squad to hide the gear at the site.

But apparently, I'm not so good with the hiding.Camoflauge check 13: 3d6 14

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

As a aside, anyone interested in setting up a discord channel for this? Not necessarily for gameplay (unless people wanted), but even just general ooc chat?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


I would use a discord channel.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Mykkel posted:

I would use a discord channel.


Great! We can be discord buddies!

https://discord.gg/8C6bqfW

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

Jo jumps up like a spring and starts returning things to their crates. She pauses briefly to give the native travelers an embarrassed shrug, and gestures briefly to the woods behind them.

Cleaning up as best I can!

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - SGC Base Camp P6T-313: +6hr on planet

Pasko is startled at Lt. Grey's statement. "What? How do you know? I heard no signal..." Before he can finish his thought Hak comes racing back into the camp. As soon as he's close he starts speaking rapidly in his native tongue. "The Lion's guard are near, moving along the path towards the ruin. These visitors must have angered the Lion somehow and they must be checking the sanctity of their temples. We need to warn the camp so they can placate the Lion. We must not be caught unawares!"

Pasko nods, and replies. "Go, take Vuski with you and warn the others. I will see if I can distract the Lion from our generous guests." He then turns back to Lt. Grey. "I will help you. Jolo!" He grabs his spear and the two of them trot off into the woods.

The group repacks any equipment that was unloaded, but despite best efforts there is only so much disguising that can be done. There's no camo netting in the crates so makeshift disguises are thrown together out of forest detritus. Dr. Lawry finds a couple of well-branched shrubs that help break up the profile of the camp equipment fairly well.

Amidst all the chaos, the blinking indicators on the science station flash at Dr. Ross. She hadn't yet had a chance to access the collected data.


SG-13 - Scouting party
Meanwhile, in the woods, Kurt and Jacob displace hunker down next to a fallen log nearby. Solid cover even, which should stop a staff blast if they suddenly come under fire. They listen intently for signs of the Jaffa. McGriddles ears swivel around and his nose twitches. He turns his doggie head to point off to the left and samples the air intently. Neither Jacob or Kurt hear anything. The woods are preternaturally quiet.


----
Spoilered text is in russianesque.
Lawry gets a good camo roll to supplment Michael Grey's.
Do we still have captaincarrot/Dr. Ross?

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010


Alexandra Ross - SGC Base Camp

She has actually managed to . . . well, not sleep, exactly, but kind of fall into a daze while waiting for word that everything was okay. The noise startles Dr. Ross back to wakefulness, and she jumps up and dashes to the console.

"Blep? Um, hi guys, just going to do my job here," she babbles cheerfully, before noticing all the hastily-assembled disguises around the place.

"Oh. Still, though. Sorry," she whispers loudly, while continuing to manage the data, sliding into a sort of crouch-sit that looks terribly uncomfortable.

Yeah, sorry, got super distracted by work and a bunch of personal stuff. Ain't taxes fun?

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - SG-13 - SGC Base Camp P6T-313

Jo nods at Dr. Ross. "Might be a good idea, as long as we've got the time." She finishes kicking dirt around the camp and the boxes, meagerly trying to disguise just what they've done here. "Leave the analysis for tomorrow, though." She finishes up and holds her rifle in one hand, barrel down, one finger on her earpiece.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



I hope everyone had a happy Easter!
Just checking that it sounds like everyone's hunkering down for the most part to see what develops with the Jaffa.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Pretty much; that seems to be where the majority of the action is for the time being.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


yep.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Same here. Currently on the road, so my response for the next week will be sparse.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - SGC Base Camp P6T-313: +6.5hr on planet
Dr. Ross looks at the science station, looks at the base situation, and then collects the data in the most expedient way she can think of. Removing the drives. She shuts down the station and whips out the necessary tools. A few loosend screws later and the drives are safely tucked in her pack. It wouldn't take long to either put them back or hook them up to her laptop, so at least this way she's got the data in case they need to move.

SG-13 - Scouting party
Kurt and Jacob hunker down and wait for the Jaffa to make the first move. Long minutes tick by and they hear little but the rustling of leaves and the wind in the branches overhead. Suddenly there is a commotion nearby. The two of them hear indistinct shouting in Goa'uld, followed by a series of staff blasts. Feet crash through underbrush. A zat gun discharges once. After another minute or so the forest quiets down. McGriddles whines quietly and wiggles, anxious to see some action. Whatever happened went down just on the other side of the little hillock in front of them. The three low-crawl silently up to the edge and peek over. There below, about 50 yards away are two Jaffa standing over the kneeling figure of Pasko. The Goa'uld guards are silver-armored and one has his helmet up displaying a fierce visage of a bloodthirsty lion-headed man. Pasko looks dishelved and his hair is standing on end. The helmeted Jaffa stands behind him with a zat gun drawn, while the other has his helmet down and is speaking to him too quietly to make out from here. Farther away, the two hear another shout and a staff blast then more sounds of crashing through the forest. Kurt looks over his shoulder. They could safely return to their hiding spot with zero risk.


----
Took a little liberty with action to give y'all a situation. There is no cost to return to the hiding spot.
Base camp is disguised as best y'all can and that group is geared up as well.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Jacob Glengarry - hiding on the hillside

The Fabrique Nacionale P90 was a fine weapon for close quarters, personal defense, and urban pacification. At range in the woods, however, it was too inaccurate to be worth a drat in a hostage situation. Still, 50 yards was fairly close - taking out the hostage taker was likely a no go, but the unmasked one... Lining up the best shot he can manage, the Sergeant assesses in a low voice. "Plenty of options, but I don't like any of 'em, Cap. Safe to assume the native's been tagged once. Team's got the data, and we could fall back, but I don't like leaving this guy to die out here. I advise a distraction, draw 'em out, take 'em close. Ultimately your call, though. Waiting on your go."

Preparing a burst on the second Jaffa, but waiting for Tash's go. The plan is to unleash the hound as they come storming up the hill.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - hiding on the hillside

"Yeah, we can't let them take Pasko," Kurt whispers, "probably our fault the Jaffa our out here in the first place, and he could lead them back to basecamp on top of it. There are obviously more Jaffa around, probably chasing Pasko's friends, so let's get these guys down fast and figure out where we stand from there. I'm on the one with the Zat, you hit the other. At the very least hopefully we'll get them distracted enough that Pasko can roll away."

I think "the second Jaffa" would be the talking one so I'm aiming at the other. Taking a few aim actions with the Colt as I'm assuming we can spare the 3 seconds that takes before initiating the ambush. Looking at the rules that's +6 from aiming/accuracy and -8 for range? You want us to do combat rolls or are you going to be doing that all behind the scenes? I'm at 15- rifle skill.

e: I think I'll go with a 3 round burst for now, Colt has 2 recoil threshold

Azhais fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2017 around 22:06

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Go ahead and roll attack rolls, things like that are fun. If you overlook some 'duh' or hidden bonuses or maluses I'll be sure to add them in.
In this case, include Braced for +1, since you have the time to set up a steady firing position (usually 1-3 seconds, depending on situation and weapon) and All-out Attack: Determined which is another +1 at the cost of active defense which is irrelevant at the moment.
That's a net +2 on top of the +6 (double checked, that's correct) aiming bonus that you've calculated.

Also, to help differentiate the Jaffa even more, the Zat-armed one is helmeted, the other is bare-headed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - hiding on the hillside

e: I got sidetracked reading combat rules, I definitely would have added.

Over the radio, "Be advised, Pasko has been captured by two Jaffa. The Sergeant and I are engaging from an ambush position on a nearby hillside. There's at least a third Jaffa running around based on shots we've heard in the forest. This might stir up a hornet's nest, so keep alert."

Kurt aims and fires, and is apparently inspired.

Ambush of Zat wielding Jaffa (vs 15): 3d6+1+1+6-8 6

By my count that should be hits with all 3 of the burst.

e:
Hit locations for jaffa: 3#3d6 8 15 8
Damage rolls: 3#4d6 14 19 18


Kurts fire tears up the Jaffa's right arm and hand

Azhais fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2017 around 00:41

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Can we hear what's going on at base camp?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Very shortly, yes.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Excerpt from the Stargate Command SG-Team Field Guide
Section 5 - Jaffa Armor

The Jaffa armor is a remarkable piece of equipment, that while exceptionally good at its job and clearly engineered with advanced technological methods is surprisingly simple in its construction. It consists of a body-stocking armored garment, a long plated vest, boots, gloves, and a high-tech helmet. Despite the high-tech engineering, the suit is built for a low-tech user. Maintenance is incredibly simple. The suit is built to provide effective protection against primitive muscle-powered weapons, and succeeds in this task admirably. Against a more advanced opponent however, the Jaffa armor system can be defeated.

5.1 - Material
Jaffa armor is largely made of an unknown alloy that includes elements of iron, titanium, cobalt, and various other trace elements in a 'secret sauce' of metallurgy. Fabrics, padding, and integrated electronics make up the remainder of the suit. The primary protective layer is a set of plate-like scales that protect the entire torso from neck down to a protective skirt that is both lightweight and resilient. Laboratory examinations reveal that a nano-scale honeycomb makes it both incredibly lightweight without compromising strength. It is resistant to piercing, cutting, blunt force trauma, heat, and even chemical attack. Underneath is a flexible body-stocking of fabric-like weave that is light and tough, and exhibits a shear-stiffening property that gives Jaffa protection against nearly any kind of physical assault. The helmet is made of a similar material to the plate armor, and includes a suite of sensory equipment and environmental protection against gasses and irritants. Goa'uld technology makes it possible for this helment to expand and retract into the armor's collar with surprising speed.

5.2 - Capabilities
The material qualities of Jaffa armor result in a very light, protective, capable suit of armor that we are unable to replicate using any current Earth-based technologies. Overall, the Jaffa armor is comparable to modern ballistic vest armor in level of protection but offers full-body protection at a fraction of the weight that Earth-based materials could provide. Combined with the great physical strength of Jaffa, this results in a well-protected warrior capable of fighting with little to no encumbrance.
Ballistics tests show that the armor is effective against most weapons, showing an expected vulnerability to armor piercing rounds. It is similarly resilient to cutting and stabbing, and the shear-hardening properties of the body stocking means that Jaffa armor affords good protection to blunt trauma as well. The helmet is sealed when active, protecting Jaffa against airborne irritants and NBC threats.
The helmet is a remarkable piece of engineering. It is capable of expanding and retracting into the collar of the armor, allowing the Jaffa to adjust their head protection to the needs of their situation. It is as resilient as the chest armor. In addition to environmental and physical protection the helmet gives the user access to low-light image-enhancment, communications, and an information overlay. Despite these advantages, many Jaffa have been observed preferring to rely on their own abilities whenever possible. This is to be taken advantage of as much as possible.

5.3 - Tactics
Jaffa armor is best countered by armor-piercing rifle fire if possible. Heavier full metal jacket rounds are effective, but pistol caliber rounds will find it difficult to defeat the armor. Explosives can be effective, however the full-body protection afforded by the armor means that direct hits are preferred.
The Jaffa propensity to operate without head protection is a critical vulnerability, and headshots should be taken whenever possible. The Mozambique Drill is especially effective against these tough opponents. Limbs are vulnerable, but Jaffa are notoriously tough and may shrug off all but the most crippling of limb injuries.
Beware getting into hand-to-hand combat with Jaffa as the lightweight armor provides full protection while at the same time allowing high mobility. Target limbs and gaps in the armor, especially along their sides.
Remember, Jaffa armor and tactics are geared towards primitive opponents.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - Scouting party - hillside

Three loud pops sound out as Kurt engages the helmeted Jaffa. The team members back at the base camp can hear the echoes reverberate through the forest. Kurt's aim is true as he walks his fire up the Jaffa's right side, causing the Zat gun to drop to the ground as the arm is pulverized. The Jaffa staggers and falls to the ground clutching at his ruined limb.
----

Jaffa Goon HT vs. Hand: 3d6 15 - Fail!
Jaffa Goon HT vs Arm: 3d6 13 - Fail!
Jaffa Goon HT vs Arm (again): 3d6 12 - Pass!
Jaffa Goon is knocked down and is stunned. That arm is a write-off.

Jacob is up to act next.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Jacob Glengarry - hiding on the hillside

Seeing the active threat go down, Jake opens up with a surprisingly loud and uncharacteristic southern drawl. "'Griddles! Git 'em, boah!" Unleashing his canine companion, he draws a bead on the more loquacious one.

3-round burst vs. unhelmeted jaffa vs 13=5

If I recall correctly, that's pretty spot-on. Feel free to check my math, though!
Hit locations: 10 14 13
Looks like that's a hit to the chest, and 2 more to the nearest leg.
Damage: 14 12 6

I could be completely off on this, so please check my work!

A little low for his liking, but some solid shots to the legs should be enough to take him to the ground. Either way, McGriddles was in for more than a little fun of the chompy variety.

Edit: Oops! Misread the damage formula. Keeping the roll link, but posting the corrected mafs.

Rhyos fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2017 around 13:45

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - SGC Base Camp P6T-313

Jo jerks to attention at the sound of gunfire, her fingers turning a little white as she grips her rifle. "Lt," she says, looking at Michael. "We going?"

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


Michael Grey - P6T-313 SG-15 Monitoring Station

" Captain, we coming on your six."

"Okay, let's advance slowly, like we did in training. Head towards the Captain, hold fire until you are sure it's Jaffa, I don't want to cause any friendly fire."

Probably the wrong tactical call, but Lt's are good at making bad tactical choices.
Stealth Target 11: 3d6 12
Strategy Land Target 11: 3d6 7

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


George Milton

"Understood," George says, readying his P90 but keeping his finger away from the trigger until he has something to shoot at. He breathes as quietly as he can; tensing and relaxing his fingers to try and relieve the stress - he knew something like this was coming eventually, but that doesn't mean he has to like it...

Stealth (Target 7): 3d6 7 - huh; I did not expect to pass that roll...

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - Scouting party - hillside

The helmet-less Jaffa goes down as Jacob's fire takes his leg out from under him. His shout of rage is nearly as loud as the gunfire. McGriddles launches himself almost as fast as a bullet, racing towards the downed Jaffa at full speed. The two alien warriors now begin to react to the ambush. The helmet-less Jaffa rolls on to his front and deftly flips his staff weapon up over his shoulder to brace and aim towards Jacob and Kurt. The other only struggles to recover from the ruinous injury to his arm.
Pasko stayed kneeling during the explosion of violence, looking beaten and unthreatening. Suddenly the knife Kurt gave him appears in his hand and he throws himself on the back of the Jaffa warrior. The knife flashes as he stabs at the neck of the Jaffa, the first strike glancing off the Jaffa's armor and the second finding its target. The Jaffa roars in pain and fury as the knife sinks to the hilt, Pasko clinging desperately to his back.

SG-13 - SGC Base Camp P6T-313: +6.5hr on planet
The team slips quietly through the woods. Lt. Grey guides the group of scientists towards the gunfire.


----
Jaffa Elite HT vs Leg: 3d6 9 Pass!
Jaffa Goon HT: Recover from stun: 3d6 13 Fail!

Pasko: Quickdraw: 3d6 10 Pass!
Pasko: AoA(Double) Neck stab: 2#3d6 12 9 Miss, Hit!
Pasko: Damage: 1d6-1 3 x2(imp) = 6

Jaffa Elite HT: Negative HP: 3d6 6 Pass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Quick point about combat actions. GURPS combat can be very fine-grained, with each action covering ~1 second worth of time and consisting usually of a single activity. To speed things up on PbP, go ahead and queue up a few actions if they fit together i.e. "Aim for 2 rounds, fire, then move to cover" or "Move to boulder, pull grenade pin, throw".

  • Locked thread
«8 »