Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


George Milton

"Sir," Milton replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - Hillside

Jo nods, checking her rifle but stowing it at her side. "Ready, captain."

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - Skirmish Site/Nearby Ruins - +8hrs on planet
Group 1
"They're easy to find to the north, the ridge is full of them. I will leave markers for you to follow" says Pasko.
Captain Tash, Dr. Milton, and Dr. Ross take off at a fast pace towards base-camp. It only takes a few minutes to cover the distance this time, with little consideration for stealth. Base camp is well disguised and Kurt nearly misses it but for the other two pointing it out as the group gets close. They grab the extra medical supplies needed to properly sedate the Jaffa and ensure he doesn't make any trouble for them. You all refill on any pocket tools and light consumables that might be useful, and then head back towards the group. By now they must have a good sized head-start towards the cave-riddled area Pasko spoke of. Once you reach the site of the skirmish, Kurt pauses to find the trail of the rest of the team heading northeast-ish. While he searches, the two Drs. hear something to the northwest-ish rushing through the brush towards them. Dr. Ross in particular can hear what sounds like two things fairly close, and then something really big a bit further away.

Group 2
Meanwhile Lt. Grey, Sgt. Glengarry, and Dr. Lawry follow Pasko with the wounded Jaffa in tow. Pasko, despite his injuries, knows his way through the forests very well and the group makes excellent time. The wounded Jaffa is still fairly incoherent, but his legs work fine and he is in enough pain that he does not resist being led down the path. You cover nearly a kilometer of forest along game trails and avoid numerous patches of difficult terrain, when suddenly the forest thins dramatically. Ahead is a rocky slope that rises steeply in front with tumbled boulders lying like toes at the base of pillar-like buttresses of stone. The trees are short and thin on the rocky ground, in contrast with the thick growth just behind you. Grassy and scrubby swales make for natural pathways up the slope, though as the terrain features run to the east it grows even more dramatic until it reaches something that is very much not a natural formation. Approximately a kilometer away, seeming to rise out of the rock is a crumbled building carved into the hillside. It consists of three towers, the nearest one the most crumbled and the central one the most intact. From this distance it's hard to make out further details.

Pasko points towards the ruins. "Those are the forbidden ruins. The Lion punishes those who trespass. Come, this way. There are many caves and crevices nearby, where do you want to look for one?"


----
I'm back!
Work travel had me busy for a couple weeks there, also I picked up Pillars of Eternity which is crazy fun. I hope that everyone is having an excellent summer, here's an update for folks. Two groups, with two things going on.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - Nearby Ruins

Always patient with the translator, Jo says, "Something off the ground level, with a visible approach. We want to make sure we can see someone if they're approaching." She glances up at the ruins. "I wonder if this area was wiped clean at some point," she says to no one in particular. "The trees are too young. Maybe during construction."

She lets the others chime in as well while she checks the prisoner's bindings and physical health.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


George Milton

Dr. Milton points his P90 in the direction of the sound he's heard; making sure to point the muzzle towards the ground just in case it's one of the locals. "Uh, Captain? Movement."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - Skirmish site

"Uphill to some cover, quick. If this is more Jaffa coming to check on their friend here we don't want to be at ground zero."

Kurt scans around quickly and points to someplace that has decent concealment.

"Weapons out but be careful, if it's Pasko's friends we won't want to shoot them by accident."

Kurt radios to the rest of the team as they scurry up hill, "Be advised we've got motion near the site of the skirmish. Couple smaller targets and something large. No eyes on anything yet. Stick to your search for a cave, I'll get back to you when we know more."

I'll look for someplace we can hide that has some decent hard cover in case it's hostiles and even moreso if it's friendlies being chased by a man eating forest walrus or something.

Finding Cover (per 17, tactics 11, camo 15): 3#3d6 3 11 7

Few rolls for finding a good spot, not sure which is most relevant.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



SG-13 - Skirmish Site/Nearby Ruins - +8hrs on planet
Group 1
All three scramble up the slope and hunker down. Kurt picked the perfect spot, with a couple of mossy boulders poking out of the forest floor to provide some hard cover overlooking the skirmish site. Seconds after they find their spots a familiar face bursts out of the brush. Hak appears, dishelved and covered in twigs and grass stains, sprinting at full speed down the path through the middle of the hollow.


Group 2
Pasko points directly uphill and says "Then we should look up high."
The group spreads out a bit and searches through the rocks. Jacob and Michael spot a crevice at about the same time about fifty yards away that looks like a good spot. The two look at each other and nod in agreement that they're both looking at the same spot. A field of talus has cleared the approach of any obstruction and the elevation would give anyone sitting at the mouth of it a good view out over the surrounding area.


----
Happy 4th!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Josephine Lawry - Nearby Ruins

Jo nods. "Looks good to me. Come on, Dinki-Di." She continues marching the prisoner up the hill towards the crevice.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

Kurt Tash - Skirmish Site

Kurt stands slightly out of cover and makes a birdcall and waves to get Hak's attention, then settles in to fire on whatever is possibly chasing them.

Bird calls! (Mimicry/Naturalist -6) vs 7: 3d6 13 - Straight outta Three Amigos. I should put a point into that.

And a quick camo check to get back behind the bush properly. Camouflage (vs 15): 3d6 14 - Not my night for roll karma!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012


Michael Grey - P6T-313 Nearby Ruins

"Sergeants, could you take point, just double check the spot isn't too good to be true? "

"Thank you Pasko, this should do well."

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Oh, schnap! I nearly forgot all about this! Sorry!

Jacob Glengarry - P6T-313 Nearby Ruins
With a nod and a whistle, Jacob and the Master Sergeant set about the task of securing the path to the vantage point with weapon raised and a soft step. "Ears and eyes open, boy. Let's see what we can see."

Perception: 12 vs 13

Rhyos fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 21:22

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Yes, please a PER roll would be good.
It's summer, I figure everyone's pretty busy playing outside. I know I am, I'll update on Monday when I get back from camping.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Check check. Hey! Anyone still reading this?
Well, I hit a couple of health-related situations and this kinda fell off my list of things to do and then got forgotten about. I'm all better now. So. If'n y'all are still game we can resurrect this guy. If one or two of you are (Twobirds, I'm looking at you) we can do a little shuffle and pull in some others. And if it passes into the night, that's fine too because then I'll probably have a go at another game. I hope y'all had a good summer!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007


Cybernetic Crumb

It's still in my bookmarks!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Same here. Would you want to reboot it a bit if we get a bunch of folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



I think so, yeah. I haven't heard from Capt Carrot, Mykkel, or Rhyos, but if you two are game then we can figure something out.
Depending on how much y'all care about continuity, we can just fiat-teleport in a new guest and they've always been there. I've done something like that so many times in real life games I can't even count anymore.

  • Locked thread
«8 »