Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

Fun trick: if you've got an obnoxious Straw Hat in a tough spot, give him a corpse to look at. He'll run up to it unlike any other distraction, and as long as you murder him before he gets adjacent to it, he'll never alert anyone or summon reinforcements.

But don't be seen carrying the body because that is an instant alarm. My playstyle has mostly devolved into killing everyone that isn't civilian or friendly and then running everywhere. It's uh, not quite as fun. Tried a mission without killing anyone (the first one) on hardcore, and that was much more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Red Mike posted:

But don't be seen carrying the body because that is an instant alarm. My playstyle has mostly devolved into killing everyone that isn't civilian or friendly and then running everywhere. It's uh, not quite as fun. Tried a mission without killing anyone (the first one) on hardcore, and that was much more fun.

Speaking of which, trying to no-kill my way past the second-to-last level is just kicking my rear end hard. I sent Yuki to leave some footprints to lure the first patrolling samurai off to the right before escaping up that ivy, but now that I'm on the left huddling behind a crate I'm not sure how to proceed next. I assume I want to get in the wagon but it just has 500 eyes on it at all times. Hayato's the only one who can carry this body at a reasonable speed, but I really need his rock throw distraction available since Straw Hats just don't give a poo poo about the flute.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mzbundifund posted:

Speaking of which, trying to no-kill my way past the second-to-last level is just kicking my rear end hard. I sent Yuki to leave some footprints to lure the first patrolling samurai off to the right before escaping up that ivy, but now that I'm on the left huddling behind a crate I'm not sure how to proceed next. I assume I want to get in the wagon but it just has 500 eyes on it at all times. Hayato's the only one who can carry this body at a reasonable speed, but I really need his rock throw distraction available since Straw Hats just don't give a poo poo about the flute.

If you're trying to get on the green wagon, you only have to worry about the closest straw-hat. The one further north will have his view blocked by the wagon itself, and Kuma can distract the two guards to the west.

Now once you get on that wagon, the real fun begins. :unsmigghh:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Alright. I guess just have Aiko KO the south Straw Hat while Hayato carries the objective onto the wagon then?

Yeah I've been through this level once already just butchering everyone, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. Aiko needs that disguise yesterday.

Does anyone know how knockout timers work with regard to carrying bodies? If you're holding a sleeping guard do they still wake up or does it pause the timer? I know I can keep punching sleeping guards to reset the timer.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

People that you're carrying or dragging will not wake up. That's the key for that badge.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I was planning on KOing and throwing everybody down that ledge near the chemistry table.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
How long is the game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mzbundifund posted:

I was planning on KOing and throwing everybody down that ledge near the chemistry table.

Also wise. There's another handy ledge down below the disguise in the Shogun's camp.

signalnoise posted:

How long is the game

There are 13 missions in all. Speedruns can take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the mission, but finishing most of them for the first time took me an hour or two. There are optional challenge badges for things like not killing anyone, avoiding certain parts of the map, not using certain abilities, etc. for a little extra replay value.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Red Mike posted:

This is genuinely a good game.

My only gripes tend to be odd/unclear map/mission design. Building layouts that make it literally necessary to keep rotating your map around while also giving move orders, that sort of thing.

Also this:

If you're having trouble parsing that, it's something like the fourth mission. Decided to hardcore it on my first run through after listening to the briefing, avoided all the 'objectives' and went straight for the target. Only brought Mugen up to where he was actually necessary, went through with Aiko for the rest with no disguise.

That's all well and good, I'm sure there would have been some way to get rid of that samurai, even if I couldn't find it in the time I had. However, guess what, the objectives list says that Mugen has to be the one to talk to Takuma. Mugen, who was literally at the start of the final stage, with no apparent way to actually get through without starting innumerable fights. I couldn't even find a way to bring Aiko back down from there.

10/10 would waste an hour on a failed attempt again.

You can throw someone knocked out at the samurai to knock them down without duelling.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

In general missions with Mugen are easier to run pacifist, as you can throw guards somewhere unreachable and get rid of them for good that way.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

dex_sda posted:

You can throw someone knocked out at the samurai to knock them down without duelling.

Tried that, but it still has to be Mugen to talk to Takuma. Pretty annoying restriction too, getting up there on my own without getting spotted was a bitch and a half.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

has anyone gotten the 'hide all bodies' badge in the kaga sama camp mission? ive hidden everyone but the man himself and i havent gotten it. i cant exactly hide kaga either, as picking up his body ends the mission. side note: do civilians count for kill all missions? ive killed them to be sure

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Civilians aren't guards, so generally you don't need to kill them, although there's no real penalty if you do. Have you tried KOing Kage-Sama instead of killing him? Maybe him being unconscious makes the game not consider him to be a body that needs hiding.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah i knocked him out. maybe the problem is that i reloaded a quicksave to get it

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I got the badge and you get it without doing anything to kaga

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

help i'm stuck

I'm on mission 5 to assassinate Lord Yabu. I've cleared the sniper tower, the bell tower, the gongs, the kennel and the back tea island. None of these things triggered events, and the boss stays still while a white dot representing what I assume as the tea lady is staying put in the main house. Tried everything, ended up killing Yabu. Even THAT didn't do anything. Am I missing a little target-icon where I have to gather the players or something?

edit: I rang the gong again and he respawned. okay

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 2, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

for the record, you have to end that mission by going back with all your guys to the starting point. so if it still doesnt work, try that.

otherwise there are multiple methods to kill

1. just stabbing him
2. luring with the dog, then shoot
3. poison tea. if you kill the tea lady you have to ring bell yourself, theres 2 bells/gong, i recall ringing both

after the kill a lot of guards should appear

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
This game is awesome. Thank god it was featured in a Steam weekend sale, otherwise I never would have heard of it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I just finished the 13th mission. I had to take a break halfway through because the plot got to me. The characters are surprisingly likable, I care about them more than I do most RPGs.

Great game.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I really liked how they completely changed the voice clips for every character for so many of the levels. It really went a long way.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Chapter 13 is tough. I don't know if I can even do this.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
What bit are you stuck on?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Mzbundifund posted:

What bit are you stuck on?

I'm not really stuck. It's just gonna take some elbow grease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Whew, finally passed it. Awesome game.

• Locked thread