Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."
I never thought I'd see a Commandos type real time tactics game executed so well in 2016. I'm nine missions in so far and I love the polish and feel of the game. The graphics look good, everything is easy to spot (the highlight button helps a lot), and the fact that you can rotate the map any way you want blew my mind. The controls work great most of the time.

Some of the level design has been hit and miss though: I loved the opening and night mission, but the rice paddy village was kinda tedious. In general, the missions that have more verticality (aka houses you can climb on) seem to be better than the flat ones. And swimming is borderline OP, since some of your team can breathe underwater indefinitely, you are undetectable when swimming, and you can dump bodies in water. I hope they do more night missions too, because the torch mechanic is neat. Character-wise, some of the the individual kits feel kind of strange to use individually, but they seem to work well together when you use them as a team. The difficulty ramps up smoothly, but I found some situations where my timing had to be extremely precise, down to the point where I almost felt like I was brute forcing the solution and there had to be a better way.

But overall I'm really digging it. f you like tactics games, this is definitely some game of the year material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."

Zadda posted:

Only had some trouble with the last mission, couldn't find a way to not cause multiple alarms. Also killed pretty much all civilians since there's indeed no real reason not too and they'd alert guards otherwise.

I wish there was a viable non-lethal option for taking out civilians instead of "punch them and have a character carry them around forever". In Desperados you could tie people up for example.

• Locked thread