Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snidesworth posted:

Just finished what I assume to be the penultimate mission. How in the world are you meant to beat it without killing anyone? I managed it for a few segments, but there are some bits where it seems impossible, especially given how KOd guards wake up much faster than civilians.

the main thing is that someone you're carrying won't wake up. between using that to remove problem guards and create breathing room, distracting with kuma and rocks/powder you can slip by some really tricky stuff. if you hate yourself i think you can also reset the sleep timer by picking someone up and putting them down again, but i don't think this is necessary to beat the challenge and it's certainly not fun to micromanage.

make getting a kimono your number one priority, it makes life way, way easier for the obvious reasons.

i actually found the first part of the level to be the toughest, mostly because of the first samurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you beat up a civilian without alerting them they'll just go hide in a house after they wake up. it's not nice but hey i've got a mission to complete here

getting spotted by a civilian isn't the end of the world either since it doesn't raise an alarm on its own, most samurai just tell them to gently caress off, and regular guards are dumb as hell so picking them off while they're searching the area is often possible

Prav fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 15, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

also this is the best puzzle game i've played in a good while

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snidesworth posted:

Has anyone tried hardcore difficulty? Does it require you to change the way you play, or just reduce the margin for error drastically?

i've done two missions (2 and 11) on hardcore now and so far the difference isn't massive. you get spotted ~2x as fast so you have to actually respect view cones and can't do cheeky stuff like stab someone right at the edge of the cone and be done before you're spotted

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kuma is great and i recommend using him a lot. A tanuki! Are you hungry? -- last words of a lot of pixelmen

• Locked thread