Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Red Mike posted:

You're right, but I think Mugen in general, not just while carrying. Couldn't check 'cause the mission I just played didn't have Mugen.

I also figured out that you can chain bird calls with Yuki, and on the second one the guard runs (making it harder for you to stay far enough away to not get detected.) which gives you so much more flexibility with traps.

Mugen's movement is silent at all speeds, unless he's carrying a body. Mugen owns.

Fun trick: if you've got an obnoxious Straw Hat in a tough spot, give him a corpse to look at. He'll run up to it unlike any other distraction, and as long as you murder him before he gets adjacent to it, he'll never alert anyone or summon reinforcements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Red Mike posted:

But don't be seen carrying the body because that is an instant alarm. My playstyle has mostly devolved into killing everyone that isn't civilian or friendly and then running everywhere. It's uh, not quite as fun. Tried a mission without killing anyone (the first one) on hardcore, and that was much more fun.

Speaking of which, trying to no-kill my way past the second-to-last level is just kicking my rear end hard. I sent Yuki to leave some footprints to lure the first patrolling samurai off to the right before escaping up that ivy, but now that I'm on the left huddling behind a crate I'm not sure how to proceed next. I assume I want to get in the wagon but it just has 500 eyes on it at all times. Hayato's the only one who can carry this body at a reasonable speed, but I really need his rock throw distraction available since Straw Hats just don't give a poo poo about the flute.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Alright. I guess just have Aiko KO the south Straw Hat while Hayato carries the objective onto the wagon then?

Yeah I've been through this level once already just butchering everyone, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. Aiko needs that disguise yesterday.

Does anyone know how knockout timers work with regard to carrying bodies? If you're holding a sleeping guard do they still wake up or does it pause the timer? I know I can keep punching sleeping guards to reset the timer.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I was planning on KOing and throwing everybody down that ledge near the chemistry table.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Civilians aren't guards, so generally you don't need to kill them, although there's no real penalty if you do. Have you tried KOing Kage-Sama instead of killing him? Maybe him being unconscious makes the game not consider him to be a body that needs hiding.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I really liked how they completely changed the voice clips for every character for so many of the levels. It really went a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
What bit are you stuck on?

• Locked thread