Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Walh Hara posted:

Yeah, it's a fantastic game.

I got the demo due to a extremely good review on rockpapershotgun.com and it got me hooked so I ended up buying the game the day it came out (yesterday). I'm not regretting anything, it's a lot of fun.

sameeeee

makes me want to go back and check out those commandos games since I'd never heard of them before this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just beat this, took me 16 hours for the first playthrough, really happy that there's never a dip in quality or obnoxious mission pretty much the entire way through. I can't think of a single mission that I hated and the worst I can say about any of them was that they weren't super interesting but pretty much every single one had something that made it unique and fun. This is honestly tied for GOTY with Dishonored 2 for me and I'm going to start up a hard mode run next time I get free time. The level of polish for a game that seems to be relatively low-budget and has run under the radar like this is really amazing to me, just the amount of voice lines for unique situations, like in the end mission with the different variations on noboru's death is impressive and the encounter design is just excellent in every way. Even when I had gotten a hang of the abilities given to the player and the ideas behind the design they always managed to throw something in that made me sit down and think about ways to get past it. Even the story is way better than I was expecting, nothing spectacular but it knew exactly what it wanted to be and executed it very well. Absolutely cannot say enough good things about this loving game, go buy this poo poo right now if you haven't

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Also I almost missed this my first time but in the bath house mission you can swim around the back and take out the samurai there pretty easily and it's a way easier method of getting in than the hellish front way

• Locked thread