Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

##vote bif

Also I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

##vote Kash clear scum tell

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

##unvote Kash

The thread reopening was well timed for my morning phone usage. I'll try to post as much as I can but this island has internet that can be best described as "dial up adjacent" and the timezone is not helpful.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hi scum, I'm dad

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

##vote dick for spoiling a good laugh

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Now I'm sad I can't get Nandos on this island

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Okay, I'm back from snorkelling and finding both Nemo and Dory and are you able to elaborate on your hiip info, Gulag?

Also idk my Swype keyboard autocorrected hiip to guilty so maybe it's trying to tell me something.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Again, Gulag, do you have a good reason for saying hiip is scum confirmed?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fine. I'll vote them, and we can see if you're lying or not if and when it comes to a lynching.

##vote hiip

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

made a typo in my last vote ##vote hiip

Hoping that you're right and not playing some bizarre gambit.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I want to say that scum wouldn't go there with such a weird justification to attract attention to themselves, and this is how iajanus always sounds anyway when he's town so people think he's super scummy, but... jeez man that is just too hilarious, it is really hard to not vote him right now

I'm going to take that as a compliment.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Just dropping in to let you know that I'm finally back in Australia but am jet lagged as gently caress so will be napping now but will read through the thread this afternoon and post my thoughts on everyone so far.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ok, I'm half asleep but have been reading the thread for the last little lucid period and here's my thoghts. If my ipad eats this I may kill someone. Thoughts and scumminess rating (out of ten) below. I think these are the remaining people in the game? The name changes are loving with me.

Anon - basically no comments at all so far. Said he didn't like the coq vote, then next post immediately acquiesed to it. Hilariously said he didn't like people jumping on the vote whilst doing the same. Then got pissed about an alleged OMGUS that's barely detectable. Pretty sus, fairly lurky. 8/10.
Asphyxious - My brain has no comprehension about the poems. Quite a few scattered votes so far, but I'm leaving a middle of the road score as idkwtf 5/10.
Dick Bastardly - DB is in this game? Nothing really posted so far, and no real thoughts beyond a brief belief in Gulag. 5/10 for being a lurker.
GulagDolls - I'd thought his claim yesterday was serious and voted accordingly, but myabe he was joking? Either way, a stupid joke. His silencing does lend credence to his being town, as it's hard to think scum would do that to themselves, especially after killing a town so blatantly. Either way, I'm OK with giving him the benefit of the doubt for now, although we'll see what he says happened to him during the next day. 2/10.
Inf - Has been pretty forthcoming with reasoning so far and I can understand the thought processes. That, of course, ended with the Bif scumdar, although considering the time/date and the commensurate blood alcohol level I'm quite understandable of it. Pretty happy with his play so far and I don't think he's suspicious. 2/10.
Kash - I'm curious if his early "I need a hero" bolded post is related to his purported invincibility. I wouldn't be shocked, knowing Anidav, if he was (at least in part) not lying. I wouldn't mind testing the theory, but I think he's probably telling the truth. I have a gut feel that he wouldn't make that easily-testible a lie, and then repeatedly ask for it to be tested by town and scum. 1/10.
Moat - Has made a lot of excuses to not vote the (at the time) popular coq vote, whilst voting in a lot of different directions. Took a bit of a shine to accusing Bif and then voted her, and we know she ended up town.... Pretty suspicious for this point of the game. 9/10.
MMG - MMG is in this game? Basically no real posts so far. 5/10 for being a lurker.
Somber - A little fixated on voting MMG, but not really any posts so far to go on. Basically a slightly glorified lurker at this point. 5/10.
SSV - Was originally on the Coq vote train, but then was suss about Gulag's claim. Pushed hard on that before switching to Moat/SH and immediately painting Gulag as town for being silenced. Could be scum - tried for the early rush, then (knowing he was town) wanted to be seen to be suss about Gulag. When Gulag was silenced (possibly unexpectantly?) he wanted to make clear that he thought it was odd for scum to self-silence. Pretty suss so far. 7/10.
S;asher HAWKE - Weirdly accused Anon of being on the vote on him (sorry for gender) when he was barely accusatory. By far the biggest poster, and has posted some well thought out stuff so far. I'm not sure if it's just scum flooding the thread with theories to see what sticks but I'm getting the impression of town who is just looking all over the place for leads. Extremely fixated on Coq, which is possibly warranted by the original scumclaim but gets less sensible as we go on. Could be a longterm bus attempt as it has to be ingrained in everyone's head by now. 3/10.
JF - Whilst the original scumpost was pretty wtf, JF hasn't really given any other reasons to make me suspicious. Could be a very good attempt to "reasonable town" himself out of Coq's scumclaim, though. 4/10.

I think from that I conclude that Moat, Anon and SSV are the scum from my reads to this point. I'm now going back to sleep, I'll see you all in the morning.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Because I've literally been in bed all day and asleep for nearly all of it after the long flights back from heaven (maldives). I've had half a beer since I woke up an hour ago and I don't feel too great. If I make it to midnight it'll be a miracle.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

A. I'm a lady
B. I never voted coq or anyone other than birb actually

A: i stand corrected.
B: correct, I can't read. Apparently in my head I mistranslated birb to coq. Apparently my jet lag was worse than I thought, which may also explain why I'm awake at five o'clock on new years day ffs. Apologies.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As such, knock a few points off that score.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I disagree. I don't think SH is scum, and I don't want to lynch someone who's posting this much when I don't believe in the case at all. I'm going to ##vote moat because that's the only person I think who has been doing anything that feels scummy at this point.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I didn't even notice that, I mentally translated it into Anon's name when looking at the votes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MMS?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, the stroke posting became completely incomprehensible at that one. Any chance you could try that one again?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

It said I was stabbed, and heavily implied that the stealing/silencing were both because of that.

We should be able to cross-confirm tomorrow with Inf, anyway - it would be pretty low odds if it was two people's powers and they both picked the same person 2 nights in a row. I would also guess they're connected from the way you described being told - I would expect 2 PMs (or 2 clearly delineated sections of one PM) for 2 actions.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

##vote slasher hawke cause I have a cop result on him

um what

I don't think there'd be two cops in a game of this size, Anidav or no. This is either the truth or a bathsit crazy lie. It's Infinitum, though, so it could be either.

##vote Infinitum

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Although maybe Inf bought something from the store that gave him some sort of cop ability.

##unvote for now

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ok, looking back through the store items and the only one that looks like it might be something cop related is the flaming torch (shine a light on someone?) but he was already in full J'Accuse mode before that was sold so I think he's just been fixated on SH for days for whatever reason and now he's lying about a cop result.

##vote Infinitum

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Y'know, this is pretty easy to sort out.

##sword slasher

:eyepop:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sound investments in bricks and mortar?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

he's not going to flip scum

Well the alternative is that slasher is scum - which do you think is more likely?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

How can you be so heartless towards our wonderful benefactor, Nikki! She'd rescue you if you were kidnapped!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

if you're talking about this:

he said he had a cop result, not that I didn't have an ability

thinking ##vote anonnarc for now

No, in his final meltdown post that he edited to just being a vote he boldposted that you didn't have one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, considering how Inf melted-down about it all day and full claimed something that said that you're completely lying (and his flip showed that he was fully capable of knowing what he claimed) then it comes down to either a completely insane lie on his behalf, or you're scum.

##vote Slasher

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

DOGS CANT BE HEROES

???

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like if Kash is immortal, he's probably 3p not town.

How many 3ps can there be, realistically? I've never been in a game with more than 1, but this game's already blown past that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I refuse to shitpost whilst surrounded by people who stab each other at the drop of a hat!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

hmm apparently it would have been a good choice to kill Coq. who knew?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

how can it be game over while i am holding a sword

##stab the gently caress out of GulagDolls

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A good scum always carries protection.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

We kind of assumed every town would have picked up a shield, too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I also had a backup bomb to help take someone out in case anyone came visiting me at night.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

btw I was the thief, thanks everyone for all the shiny gold. It was very helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

OK riddle me this...

How the gently caress did Slasher Hawke have an action after I investigated him and you told me he didn't have an action? :(

The question we've all been wondering about.

• Locked thread