Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

quote:

:vince: posted:
1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Are they putting up a lot of points? Yes? They're studs.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!!
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

I'm on a bye, so I got nothing. Next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Maclin coming back makes things tricky for me.

Pick a flex in PPR

Tyreek Hill vs OAK
Jeremy Maclin vs OAK
Willie Snead @ TB
Tyler Boyd @ CLE

Would have definitely started Hill if Maclin was out. Still considering it because Maclin could be limited and I expect a high scoring game. Boyd is tempting but I'm also already starting Eifert.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Pick a flex in standard:

Ajayi vs. AZ
Ingram @ TB
Jordan Matthews vs. Wash
Diggs @ Jax

This is probably a choice between Ajayi and Ingram since it's standard, Diggs will be covered by Jalen Ramsey, and the idea of starting a coming off injury Matthews in a playoff game is very scary.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Maclin coming back makes things tricky for me.

Pick a flex in PPR

Tyreek Hill vs OAK
Jeremy Maclin vs OAK
Willie Snead @ TB
Tyler Boyd @ CLE

Would have definitely started Hill if Maclin was out. Still considering it because Maclin could be limited and I expect a high scoring game. Boyd is tempting but I'm also already starting Eifert.

Can't start Snead on the road in PPR, can't use Maclin, and Boyd is too much of a wild card.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 7, 2016

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

coronaball posted:

Pick a flex in standard:

Ajayi vs. AZ
Ingram @ TB
Jordan Matthews vs. Wash
Diggs @ Jax

This is probably a choice between Ajayi and Ingram since it's standard, Diggs will be covered by Jalen Ramsey, and the idea of starting a coming off injury Matthews in a playoff game is very scary.

Can't start Snead on the road in PPR, can't use Maclin, and Boyd is too much of a wild card.

Thanks, I think I agree.

Yours is difficult and none of them feel right. I guess Ajayi based on volume alone would be my choice.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Delanie Walker over Brate right? 1PPR

Feels real close.

Edit: I'm going to start Walker. He's the only real passing threat, and although Bucc's suffered some injuries last week at WR potentially opening up plays for Brate, I'd rather lose with Walker in my lineup than Brate starting and Walker going off on my bench.

decypher fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 7, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Non-ppr standard scoring

QB:
Kaepernick vs NYJ
or
Mariota vs DEN
(Taylor, Flacco, Smith, etc also available on FA)

TE:
Fiedorowicz @ IND
or
Pitta @ NE
(Davis, McDonald, Allen, Cook, etc also available on FA)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PPR, pick one

Marvin Jones vs CHI
Desean Jackson @ PHI
Dion Lewis vs BAL
Corey Coleman vs CIN

e: Should mention I'm rolling with Desean as of now because he historically rips up the Eagles and has extra incentive to play well since he wants us to sign him this offseason

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 7, 2016

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

RCarr posted:

Non-ppr standard scoring

QB:
Kaepernick vs NYJ
or
Mariota vs DEN

I'm in this pickle myself and gonna ride Kaep. gently caress it. The Jets have given up. I'm open to being talked out of it though.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
.5PPR

Alex Smith vs Oakland (Thursday Night)

or

Mariota vs Denver

Leaning toward Alex Smith at home, despite the Thursday start.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Boosh! posted:

I'm in this pickle myself and gonna ride Kaep. gently caress it. The Jets have given up. I'm open to being talked out of it though.

My thoughts exactly. I keep coming up with reasons Kaep will do good, but last week's showing is in the back of my mind constantly.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Who do you start?

Luck vs HOU
Carr vs KC (Thursday game)
Kaep vs NYJ

Do you go with Carr, despite it being a Thursday game?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Flex spot/WR spot pick 2 ppr:
Jamison Crowder @PHI
Doug Baldwin @GB
Thomas Rawls @GB
Sammy Watkins vs PIT
Kelvin Benjamin vs SD

Currently rolling with the top 2

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

schweens posted:

Flex spot/WR spot pick 2 ppr:
Jamison Crowder @PHI
Doug Baldwin @GB
Thomas Rawls @GB
Sammy Watkins vs PIT
Kelvin Benjamin vs SD

Currently rolling with the top 2

drat I wish I had this "problem"

Yeah I might be tempted to start Rawls instead of Baldwin but this looks right

0 PPR pick two Flex:

Sammy Watkins v PIT
Tyrell Williams @ CAR
Isaiah Crowell v CIN

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Andey Dolton or Andrew Luck? Dalton is playing CLE for reference.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Andey Dolton or Andrew Luck? Dalton is playing CLE for reference.

I think you go with Luck here. The matchup is tempting but Luck's at home, playing underneath that AFC Finalist banner. He knows whats at stake in this game.

Need a flex, standard scoring:

Todd Gurley vs ATL
Brandon LaFell @ CLE

Also for 4 pt passing TDs

Luck vs HOU
Rivers @ CAR

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
0.5 ppr., filling two flex spots. Playoffs, baby!

Currently starting:
DeSean Jackson @ Phi
Doug Martin vs NO

Considering swapping out one or both for:
Sammy Watkins vs Pitt
Adam Thielen @ Jax

I also have Jamison Crowder @ Phi and Kenny Britt vs ATL starting at WR, but they've been so consistent that I think I should keep them in. Martin I worry about losing snaps with the crowded backfield. I think Watkins is superior to Jackson as a home run threat when healthy, but I don't know if he's worked back into the lineup enough to be better right now. Anybody think I should make either sub?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

Who do you start?

Luck vs HOU
Carr vs KC (Thursday game)
Kaep vs NYJ

Do you go with Carr, despite it being a Thursday game?

Again

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

I sit Derek Carr tonight in favor of Cam Newton vs San Diego right? It's burned me a number of times this year and round 1 of the playoffs is a bad time to make that mistake again.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Cam and Kaep look done this season. If you start Cam you're basically relying on Ted Ginn. I know SD's defense isn't great but that team might be totally checked out. Boywunda I'd stick with Carr.

Sataere, Luck vs Hou is interesting, but I think Carr is still better. It's going to be cold though, so that could throw it. I'd go with one of those two, but certainly not Kaepernick. Indy is just so bad though, last week notwithstanding, and KC may be due for one of those peak Andy Reid games.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Cam and Kaep look done this season. If you start Cam you're basically relying on Ted Ginn. I know SD's defense isn't great but that team might be totally checked out. Boywunda I'd stick with Carr.

The cold weather has me worried, but I think you might be right. Hopefully the Carr to Crabtree (I have both) combo will take me over the top.

Thoughts on a flex? (no PPR, everything else standard)

Pryor vs CIN
Diggs @ Jax
Adams vs SEA

Also, there are guys like Britt, D. Jackson, Garcon, McKinnon, Crowell, Theilen, LaFell, Meredith, T. Austin available

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 8, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I'd fire up Carr. He's has entered DSYS territory

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Boywunda posted:

The cold weather has me worried, but I think you might be right. Hopefully the Carr to Crabtree (I have both) combo will take me over the top.

Thoughts on a flex? (no PPR, everything else standard)

Pryor vs CIN
Diggs @ Jax
Adams vs SEA

Also, there are guys like Britt, D. Jackson, Garcon, McKinnon, Crowell, Theilen, LaFell, Meredith, T. Austin available

Pryor.

-------

With Maclin in and Sanu out (and Julio hobbled), who would you start in PPR: Tyreek Hill tonight or Taylor Gabriel on Sunday against the Rams?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

With Maclin in and Sanu out (and Julio hobbled), who would you start in PPR: Tyreek Hill tonight or Taylor Gabriel on Sunday against the Rams?

This one feels like a coin toss tbh. I'm leaning Gabriel simply due to the opportunity from the injuries (julio banged up and sanu out). It's risky either way though. I would say tyreek has a higher floor, but we're talking like 5 pts compared to 2 pts or something and Gabriel has the upside this week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

This one feels like a coin toss tbh. I'm leaning Gabriel simply due to the opportunity from the injuries (julio banged up and sanu out). It's risky either way though. I would say tyreek has a higher floor, but we're talking like 5 pts compared to 2 pts or something and Gabriel has the upside this week.

Yeah they're both definitely boom/bust options; just trying to maximize my chances of a boom. I'm starting to worry about Hill (only played 50% of the snaps last week and now Maclin is back), plus it's Thursday and it's going to be freezing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

My thoughts exactly. I keep coming up with reasons Kaep will do good, but last week's showing is in the back of my mind constantly.

Is it gonna snow in SF?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
0 PPR, probably a "Don't Sit Your Studs" situation:

Aaron Rodgers vs. SEA
Phillip Rivers @ CAR

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Boosh! posted:

.5PPR

Alex Smith vs Oakland (Thursday Night)

or

Mariota vs Denver

Leaning toward Alex Smith at home, despite the Thursday start.

Someone make this decision for me please.

edit: VVV Thanks man!

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 8, 2016

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Boosh! posted:

Someone make this decsion for me please.

I'd go with your gut and stick it out with Smith. You at least can ballpark what you're going to get from him, somewhere in the teens. Mariota has been awesome but...Denver's D is a scary playoff matchup.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TE, full PPR.

Greg Olsen vs. SD
Ledarius Green @Buf

Too early to think about jumping on the Green train? Olsen has been lackluster for a while now, and it's playoffs time, can't afford that.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I need 2rb and 1 flex, espn. 5 ppr

L.Murray @KC
J.AJAYI vAri
T.Rawls @GB
J.Howard @Det
S.Watkins vPit
Q.Enuwa @SF

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pick One:

Doug Martin vs. NO
Tyrell Williams vs. CAR
Tyrekk Hill vs. OAK
Crowder vs. PHI

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

.5 PPR

Taylor Gabriel @LA
or
LeGarrette Blount vs Bal

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
First week of playoffs and I have to choose between these options for QB...

T. Siemian vs Ten
B. Bortles vs Min
J. Flacco vs NE

Other stellar choices available are:

R. Tannehill vs Ari
A. Smith vs Oak
RG3 :lol: vs Cin
Brock Osweiler vs Does it matter
Goff, Wentz, Bradford, Barkley

I might be better off not even playing a QB this week

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Play Flacco. New England's defense is Not Good, and the Ravens usually play well against them.

E. Also for the people farther up Ladarius Green has been looking really dangerous, and if you have Rawls as an option you should probably play him. He's good, healthy, and will get a ton of touches in the cold Sunday.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 8, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Play Flacco. New England's defense is Not Good, and the Ravens usually play well against them.

E. Also for the people farther up Ladarius Green has been looking really dangerous, and if you have Rawls as an option you should probably play him. He's good, healthy, and will get a ton of touches in the cold Sunday.

Pats defense is ok IMO for fantasy but I take it you think ATL d/st vs LAR is a better matchup?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Would you play Flacco over Kaepernick? How about Mariota?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Rawls
Howard
Ajayi
L.Murray

I need 3 idk what to do

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Carr or Dalton this week? 6 point passing TDs. I'm rolling with CArr right now...don't want to get too cute. But then again CLEVELAND. Ugh.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Carr or Dalton this week? 6 point passing TDs. I'm rolling with CArr right now...don't want to get too cute. But then again CLEVELAND. Ugh.

Carr is playing a very good KC secondary isn't he? I'd try to miss that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
They're not really "very good" in the most general sense. They are in the bottom half of the NFL in yards allowed and middle of the road at point allowed, although they force turnovers at a higher clip than most units in the league. I dunno, I'm trying to avoid over thinking things in the playoffs but maybe Im swinging too far in the other direction.

• Locked thread