Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

dsfix and obs don't mix in my experience

I got it to work in January for my #100Bosses100Days run but I don't remember how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Worst comes to worst a full monitor capture with borderless fullscreen window will almost always work for every game

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I figured it out and as soon as I get up tomorrow I'll get the stream rolling. Fun game so far...fun in a dwarf fortress type way

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Killing Mildred first was a bit rough but I've got my +5 butcher knife (it's sooo slow compared to the ds3 version) and killed the gargoyles in four hits. Is my memory correct that the master key won't open the depths?

Also I forgot I never finished my gravelord sword run. stopped at 4 kings

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I do this with Demons and Dark Souls, as well as Metal Gear Solid series at least once a year. I'd say I beat MGS over 75 times since released. I can get Big Boss rank in the original trilogy on Euro Extreme and the other hardest difficulties. Memorizing a game perfectly FTW

i can do all 3 of those games in 1 evening :coal:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

I.N.R.I posted:

i can do all 3 of those games in 1 evening :coal:

it's cheating if you beat the souls games while the mgs cutscenes are playing though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Killing Mildred first was a bit rough but I've got my +5 butcher knife (it's sooo slow compared to the ds3 version) and killed the gargoyles in four hits. Is my memory correct that the master key won't open the depths?

Also I forgot I never finished my gravelord sword run. stopped at 4 kings
Correct. You have to fight the Capra Demon to get into the Depths. Otherwise you can just do the Gargoyles, then skip Depths and Blighttown by rushing straight to Queelag.

Soral
May 30, 2009

4k is a huge wall for me. i played this dang game like 50 times and did all sorts of challenge runs but every time i stumble over 4k and really have to struggle through them

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Correct. You have to fight the Capra Demon to get into the Depths. Otherwise you can just do the Gargoyles, then skip Depths and Blighttown by rushing straight to Queelag.

Yeah I went the back way to Mildred and skipped the burg. I just need the butcher sack for my cosplay run

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Soral posted:

4k is a huge wall for me. i played this dang game like 50 times and did all sorts of challenge runs but every time i stumble over 4k and really have to struggle through them

It's funny because all my dex runs i destroyed them (got two kings once) but on my full Havel/zweihander run and my gravelord sword run I still can't kill them. I dont know why

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

4k is just a dps check

ArtIsResistance posted:

it's cheating if you beat the souls games while the mgs cutscenes are playing though

rofl

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

You could legitimately ring both bells and finish Anor Londo during a mgs4 scene

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Bout to get started if y'all wanna chill: https://www.twitch.tv/fartlord69969

I don't know if you'll be able to hear me but if you can I'll try to keep talking for your entertainment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could legitimately ring both bells and finish Anor Londo during a mgs4 scene

Lol yeah. That would be a good streamin gimmick, play MGS4 constantly and during cutscenes see how many other games you can beat

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Deaths to Capra demon: 7

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Bear seek seek lest

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Deaths to Capra demon: 7
Deaths to Capra demon: 0

Deaths to those dogs: 7

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Deaths to Capra demon: 0

Deaths to those dogs: 7

Yeah it was the dogs that kept killing me. I haven't fought him in my last few runs i forgot how obnoxious they are

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah it was the dogs that kept killing me. I haven't fought him in my last few runs i forgot how obnoxious they are

Erm, you just kill them with your sword, dude. Not really that "obnoxious".

Edit: btw, get an av. You look like a huge noob as it is.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
capra is a fun fight. it feels like a real struggle to the death because of the close quarters and how aggressive he is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

capra is a fun fight. it feels like a real struggle to the death because of the close quarters and how aggressive he is.

Spoilers for the op on a late game area its funny how much easier he is in the late game both because you've gotten better at the game up to that point and you have a giant field to work with and you realize how simple his pattern is without 2 dogs and 3 feet of space

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I don't think I've been as scared in a game since resident evil...it probably seems quaint but each new area is legit terrifying. Never know when some poo poo's gonna pop out and squash you

folder
Oct 9, 2016
But are you having fun?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

can't spell "dark sofunls" without "fun"

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

folder posted:

But are you having fun?

yup

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't had an AV since my original account disappeared into the ether in 2012 and instead of recovering it I got told to buy one so im still a little bitter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

what did that poster ever do to u?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

BeefThief posted:

I don't think I've been as scared in a game since resident evil...it probably seems quaint but each new area is legit terrifying. Never know when some poo poo's gonna pop out and squash you

it was really nice feeling this again when the dark souls 3 dlc came out, cant wait to feel it again in a few more months

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*loading up brand new souls content thinking* Anxiety..and Fear...it's been fifty years since I've felt those

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Yeah cool op. Don't forget to get the Forlorn Wolf Coat from the Undead Menagerie by killing the ghosts with dark magic and also don't put any points into agility. Uhhh lets see here probably have a few thousand more tips for you to play this single player game that relies heavily on mystery, rofl. Dark Souls is awesome and remember, yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

Wrote on my iPhone 6 whilst taking a poo poo

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm doing a new run w/ a dex/int character but I forgot how much I don't like the late game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

Uchi pwns but I did it before. I was thinking of doing something insane like painting aword

use the super long sephiroth katana but i think u need like at least 12 str to two hand it and 20ish to 1 hand?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I don't know if I should be shamed or honored but I had the known world record on a NES Remix stage for about a year and a half and the guy I took it from by like a second and then some was messaging me about my technique when I got it and I think he spent the full year something to get it back and he did it by like 2 seconds lmao.

that's badas

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

lmfao I just realized this is the making fun of Dork Souls thread and not the game shame thread. My apologies everyone.

I feel like you're probably experiencing the same thing that I experienced with each successive Souls series game (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc). I considered Demon's Souls to be one of the hardest games I had ever played at the time. By the time I got to Dark Souls 3, there were only a handful of boss fights that even killed me a single time.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i found dark souls 3 pretty challenging even after des/dks1/dks2, but there's definitely a lot of skill transfer between the games. my friend's been playing 3 without having played 2 and he's having a very hard time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

I feel like you're probably experiencing the same thing that I experienced with each successive Souls series game (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc). I considered Demon's Souls to be one of the hardest games I had ever played at the time. By the time I got to Dark Souls 3, there were only a handful of boss fights that even killed me a single time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mysterious loyall X posted:

use the super long sephiroth katana but i think u need like at least 12 str to two hand it and 20ish to 1 hand?

Washing Pole is 20/16 I think

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BeefThief posted:

You should definitely play Bloodborne next if you wanna go through some scary good environments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i played a little bit of Dark Souls 2 to see if i could get back into it, and there's just no way

• Locked thread