Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
butter popcorn flavored jelly belly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

quote if you agree

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gently caress the mods posted:

An acquired taste. I prefer the marshmallow ones or sour cherry.

I almost bought a thing of hot tamales which are kinda gross but kinda awesome. Didn't because I'm on a diet.

*chugs 8 beers*

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

quote if you agree

[x] strongly agree

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
How much is apple paying the mods for this poo poo???

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

How much is apple paying the mods for this poo poo???

I whole chest of chocolate coins or stock

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I like good and plenty and would live off it the rest of my short fat life. However nothing beats raw brocolli and roasted carrots so eh.

Also cotton candy is wonderful. My gently caress it's so good.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gently caress the mods posted:

i never appreciated jelly beans when i was a kid but now its actually really cool to get a bag of jelly beans that has like 30 distinct flavors in it

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I bought the haribo gold gummi bears, and I'm going to try them in the freezer.
Another candy thread success story.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hector Beerlioz posted:

quote if you agree

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

myDad posted:

That said no one has mentioned these bad boys

because the original, far-superior product still exists?

not gonna even start about the belts

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

olaf2022 posted:

because the original, far-superior product still exists?

not gonna even start about the belts
I only ever got a package of those once, and they're so much better than sour straws. burned a hole in my tongue from the acidity though

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I never realized how popular Haribo was. I actually live by the factory/headquarters here in Bonn (Haribo).

They've got a massive factory shop where you can get large bags or containers of whatever you want, even individual flavors of bear. This was the first time I realized they weren't all just sugar-flavored.
Or you can just mix and match whatever.

I always end up taking people there when they visit.
They also just opened up a shop downtown, which is pretty neat.

Also, for some reason, they just came out with these:

Edit:
These are my favorite Haribo treat:

Though it might just be because I think they're kind of cute.

Otherwise I'd say just a classic Snicker's or 100 Grand is the best. (Bonus points for ice cream Snickers or Twix)

Also, anyone else ever notice that soda is basically candy you can drink?

Edit edit:
Is it too late to update my answer?
Because pecan turtles are absolutely the best candy.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 9, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Maybe candy is soda you can eat

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also that's really cool about the Haribo gift shop. We only get a few Haribo things here in America, at least that I've found. What do the butts with ears taste like?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like gummis. haribo makes the best as thread has established. also for sour stuff i think sour patch kids berry flavored ones are the best cause there are no undesirables in the mix. sour punch straws are also p chill.

for non gummi stuff i dunno maybe like a frozen snickers bar or refrigerated reeses cups. i hate chocolate candy at room temp and higher the worse it gets

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

criscodisco posted:

Also that's really cool about the Haribo gift shop. We only get a few Haribo things here in America, at least that I've found. What do the butts with ears taste like?

To be honest, I find most of the gummy things taste the same. The ears taste like the frogs do, and seem to be made of the same stuff. I guess it's the candy equivalent of recoloring enemies in older video games.
They have a lot of variety though, like candy rope things and sour strip things.

Here's the factory store (Fabrikverkauf):

And here's what the new place in town looks like:

If that image is telling the truth, apparently you can do a virtual tour.

Fake edit:
https://www.haribo.com/fileadmin/asset/virtual-tour-store-bonn/Haribo-Store-Bonn_360-up.com.html

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like the milky way midnight darks.

also andes mints.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I love the funny little pale yellow marshmallow bananas, especially if they are on the edge of stale. I like pretty much everything stale, but marshmallow goodies stale are SO good. There are a few different kinds that you can get in neat plastic containers en vrac, and its great. I also like really fresh really soft gummies, I like the strawberries, blue and white sharks, but not the rootbeer bottles that seem to be popular.

There used to be an amazing candyshop in MTL that my girlfriends and I would go to and buy HUGE bags of candy for the movies, and the busride home. I am trying to remember what I would buy. I have a bad memory. I did like gummies a lot though. And a separate bag (by weigh prices) of chocolate sweets with caramel or nuts in them. I liked the ones with no real shapes, that looks like drops of homemade fudge or whatever. Clusters? Those. So good.

And shoelace licorice, and again, salted black licorice. Hmmm what else is good? I am hungry and will have mashed potatoes for breakfast. I will think about candy while I eat them. Even though I really do not feel like the urge to eat any.

Oh, what about butterrum lifesavers? When I was a little kid I would walk to the general store and buy myself a king size oh henry chocolate bar, and a pack of butterum lifesavers for my dad. Kind of like werther's, but more likely to scrape the top of your mouth.

I asked specifically for no sweets from anyone over the holidays. This thread is making me want sweets. Oh, those sour peaches that aren't really sour. And the cherries that actually are. I love sour patch kids but feel that they are really really expensive now.

What holiday sweets did you get in your stockings as a kid? I always had a tangerine and lifesavers, and malted balls in white red and green. And walnuts.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
If you have a 5 Below store in your area they have a large selection of haribo usually

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'd always get a bag of peppermint bark in my stocking. Still do, since my dad insists on giving me a stocking when I visit him for christmas even though I'm 31. Guess he just likes to cram all of my gifts in the stocking(when he can). In the foot last year was an SSD. I guess it's a more convenient gift delivery mechanism than wrapping everything, hah.

that haribo store looks like some willy wonka-rear end poo poo.

edit: the gas station near me started selling Kinder-branded chocolate which is literally the first time I've seen Kinder anything being sold in the states, little boxes of individually-wrapped bars with "milk cream" in them or whatever. Real good, the chocolate totally tastes the same as the Kinder Eggs I had when I was a kid and visited Canada often. Really sucks that the US government felt american kids were too stupid not to choke to death on the toys so they made them loving ILLEGAL.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 9, 2016

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: the gas station near me started selling Kinder-branded chocolate which is literally the first time I've seen Kinder anything being sold in the states, little boxes of individually-wrapped bars with "milk cream" in them or whatever. Real good, the chocolate totally tastes the same as the Kinder Eggs I had when I was a kid and visited Canada often. Really sucks that the US government felt american kids were too stupid not to choke to death on the toys so they made them loving ILLEGAL.

I had forgotten / not known about this when I came back from visiting Canada for the first time and discovered Canada had KinderEggs. The border guy asked if I was bringing anything back with me, and I foolishly said I had bought a bunch of them.
Fortunately, they had just become legal so I'm not in Canadian (American?) jail or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kinder eggs are legal in the us now?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Despite not being literally ancient, I have a deep appreciation for Werther's Originals.

Also chocolate with the popped rice things in it, like crunch bars and Krackels.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

quote if you agree

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
This old dude always leaves a box of milk duds back in our inventory area, I don't think I'd but a box but I'll eat them when I find them

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I heard if you eat too many of the sugar free ones it gives you he poops, I wonder why?

i wouldn't know about that bc i don't eat sugar free candy like a degenerate

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Moridin920 posted:

i wouldn't know about that bc i don't eat sugar free candy like a degenerate

*Eats bag after bag of potato chip containing olestra*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hardawn posted:

*Eats bag after bag of potato chip containing olestra*

i wouldn't know about that bc i don't eat fat free potato chips like a degenerate

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Shadow0 posted:

Is it too late to update my answer?
Because pecan turtles are absolutely the best candy.

Those aren't turtles. Who made those? Did you make those? You skimped on the nuts. Don't do that. Don't skimp on the nuts. You gotta use whole pecans so they come out like this:

If they don't look like that why are you even calling them turtles

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
The only good Kit Kat, but still not as good as Rolos

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I want candy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Deep jawbreaker eyes....

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I used to live off of atomic fireballs as a kid

also, haribo owns, the colas are the best

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Hmm, candy is idiot bullshit for children

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
These were/are good

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

FAMILY ROAD TRIP! posted:

Hmm, candy is idiot bullshit for children
you are gonna be sleeping with the (swedish) fishes if you keep it up

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RandomFerret posted:

Those aren't turtles. Who made those? Did you make those? You skimped on the nuts. Don't do that. Don't skimp on the nuts. You gotta use whole pecans so they come out like this:

If they don't look like that why are you even calling them turtles

I saw those while GISing my image, but elected to go for the more caramely-looking one. Does that make them pixies? I like the name "turtles" more, but the caramel is what makes them amazing.

I just baked some pecan pies a few days ago. It's basically caramel pecans in a crust; so good.

I think it's tragic only the Americas know about pecans.

Also peanut butter.
Peanut butter + chocolate = delicious.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i also like those super salty licorice things that are made with ammonium chloride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

do Riesens still exist? I remember many years ago they used to sell them for a brief time but I guess nobody liked them but me because everywhere stopped carrying them. I dont want to pay shipping from Germany to get my chewy chocolate lockjaw fix.

• Locked thread