Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
can we simultaneously play a game of assassins in this thread

speaking of, taking signups for assassin game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Normally you can't be king twice in a row.

ok

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Intermission

Keep playing max don't be a stick in the mud

Also FLs post about you swayed my opinion

This has nothing to do with any of you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I realized after you had different rules so it's on me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to bite my tongue because I'm fairly certain I have nothing nice to say right now and the only thing that will come out is acid and it isn't helpful.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

I'm going to bite my tongue because I'm fairly certain I have nothing nice to say right now and the only thing that will come out is acid and it isn't helpful.

ok

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sorry, all of that was over dramatic and didn't have anything to do with the game, just a poo poo kind of day.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Sorry, all of that was over dramatic and didn't have anything to do with the game, just a poo poo kind of day.

I hope God's rear end in a top hat hovers over someone else for a little while :)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Sorry to hear it hopefully we'll see ya playing in the future.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

It's all good Max, we love you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
these games are a lot faster than I first thought and I think I'd like playing them more in discord tbh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

these games are a lot faster than I first thought and I think I'd like playing them more in discord tbh

This is a good idea

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Make a discord channel for assassin/kingmaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
kingmaker just doesn't work without hyper-fast deadlines, alas. I will maybe run variants someday that would hopefully make it more interesting but that is still a future away.

Thanks to everyone for the games!

Here's the mod doc.

quote:

The Cradle of Corruption

A Game for n players

Kingmaker!

- X Assassins
- 1 Hero
- 1 Kingmaker
- Y Townies

Where X is about 1/3 to 1/2 of Y.

=======================

Player list:

1) BottleKnight - Bileu Prae - Assassin
2) Quidthulhu - Quince Feri - Assassin
3) Flying Leatherman - Frederic Prae - Assassin
4) Max - Marc de Luc - Hero
5) Moatillata - Montperreau Prae - Kingmaker
6) Kashuno - Kyvard Montagne - Vanilla
7) Tobbs - Tomas Prae - Vanilla
8) dongsbot - Gothe Prae - Vanilla
9) chaoslord - Charles Orele - Vanilla

======================

Night actions:

Night 0: Moat kings Quid
Day 1: Quid executes dongsbot
Night 1: Moat kings chaoslord; Mafia kills Max
Day 2: chaos executes Kash, GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

======================

Role PMs:

BottleKnight - Bileu Prae - Assassin
You are an assassin! You were married to the late duchess, but you were completely cut out of her will! Just because of a little philandering! Bah! Now you will take the estate by force. You win when only assassins are left in the game. Your ally is: Quidthulhu.

Quidthulhu - Quince Feri - Assassin
You are an assassin! You were a distant cousin to the late duchess, so you never expected anything from her estate, but when you were approached by the widower and asked to join in a plot to steal her treasures, you happily said yes. You win when only assassins are left in the game. Your ally is: BottleKnight.

Flying Leatherman - Frederic Prae - Assassin
Forgot to write him a role PM whoops!!! He's her brother.

Max - Marc de Luc - Hero
You are a hero! You were a ducal consort to the late duchess, and it was well-known throughout the duchy that she loved you truly and deeply. Her love for you was only rivaled by your love for her. You knew from the start that she would leave you with nothing, but you didn't care; such was your love. You would never have harmed a hair on her head or anyone else's for that matter. If someone tries to accuse you of being a plotter, they will find themselves thwarted instead.

Moatillata - Montperreau Prae - Kingmaker
You are the kingmaker! You are the late duchess's brother and her attorney - the man killed in the hall was your clerk. You need to keep your family's affairs in order and help lead them out of this darkness. During the night you may target a member of the party and they will, the next morning, be in charge of the day's inquisition.

Kashuno - Kyvard Montagne - Vanilla
Tobbs - Tomas Prae - Vanilla
dongsbot - Gothe Prae - Vanilla
chaoslord - Charles Orele - Vanilla
You are a relative to the late duchess. She was a fine woman; it is tragic that she died so suddenly and while so young. But the promise of inheriting some of her wealthy estate soothes your sorrows greatly. And yet, someone decided to kill the lawyer and take all the treasures for themselves! That will just not do. You win when all ASSASSIN players are eliminated from the game.

========================

SECOND ITERATION

Player List:
1) Max - Marc de Luc - Assassin
2) BottleKnight - Bileu Prae - Assassin
3) chaoslord - Charles Orele - Hero
4) Kashuno - Kyvard Montagne - Kingmaker
5) Flying Leatherman - Frederic Prae - Vanilla
6) Moatillata - Montperreau Prae - Vanilla
7) Quidthulhu - Quince Feri - Vanilla
8) dongsbot - Gothe Prae - Vanilla
9) Tobbs - Tomas Prae - Vanilla

Night actions:
Night 0: Kash picks Max
Day 1: Max executes dongsbot
Night 1: Kash picks NOBODY, rng'd Moat; Max kills Tobbs
Day 2: Moat executes BK
Night 2: Kash picks chaoslord; Max kills Kash. RNG new kingmaker: FL
Day 3: chaos kills Moat
Night 3: FL picks chaos; Max kills Moat
Day 4: chaos kills Max

Town victory!

=========================

Role PMs:

Max - Marc de Luc - Assassin
You are an ASSASSIN. You were a consort to the late duchess, and though she claimed she loved you dearly, you knew it to be hollow - how could someone of such high a station love someone as lowly as yourself? So before she died you made her promise to will you her entire estate, for who else should inherit her wealth but her true love? And yet, as you read over her will, you saw she gave you nothing. Now you've decided to take her estate by force, acquiring what is rightfully yours. Your ally is: BottleKnight.

BottleKnight - Bileu Prae - Assassin
You are an ASSASSIN! You were married to the late duchess, but you were completely cut out of her will! Just because of a little philandering! Bah! Now you will take the estate by force. You win when only assassins are left in the game. Your ally is: Max

chaoslord - Charles Orele - Hero
You are the HERO! You were the late duchess's beloved nephew. Though she was married and had her own consort, she never had children of her own - she had two miscarriages before dying last week from a freak horseriding accident. She treated you like the child she never had, and you loved her in kind. You would never hurt her or her estate, and everyone could testify to that. If someone tries to accuse you of being a plotter, they will find themselves thwarted instead.

Kashuno - Kyvard Montagne - Kingmaker
You are the KINGMAKER! You are an attorney for Horatia, Bethany, & Montange; you specialize in wills, trusts, and estates, especially for the nobility who have much of that last thing and need it properly managed. The late duchess was your client, and as you were about to read her will to her family, your clerk winds up dead! Now you need to keep your family's affairs in order and help lead them out of this darkness. During the night you may target a member of the party and they will, the next morning, be in charge of the day's inquisition.

Flying Leatherman - Frederic Prae - Vanilla
Moatillata - Montperreau Prae - Vanilla
Quidthulhu - Quince Feri - Vanilla
dongsbot - Gothe Prae - Vanilla
Tobbs - Tomas Prae - Vanilla
You are a VANILLA. You were a relative to the late duchess. She was a fine woman; it is tragic that she died so suddenly and while so young. But the promise of inheriting some of her wealthy estate soothes your sorrows greatly. And yet, someone decided to kill the lawyer and take all the treasures for themselves! That will just not do. You win when all Assassin players are eliminated from the game.

• Locked thread