Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

In.

To clarify, per regular Kingmaker rules, no one may claim to be the Kingmaker, yes?

Edit: I may be misreading things. Anyway, will be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

I suppose not, no, if that's the rule. I am sure the rule is there for a reason. Let me add it to the OP.

Generally yeah, since it cannot be counterclaimed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That may have just been a friendly house rule back in IRC, now that I think about it. I dunno, it's up to you. The idea though was to avoid lylo situations where the King had to choose between the kingmaker and the scum. It sucked for scum in those instances if the kingmaker could just claim, though at that point it's moot. There are plenty of Kingmaker strats that people are welcome to figure out on their own.

Max fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 8, 2016

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

I will play the kingmaker game, it's all I've wanted to play since Max first told me about it like, what, two weeks ago?

Oh right, that was with you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Flying Leatherman posted:

This hard deadline is absolutely perfect for me. I know very little about Kingmaker. Sounds fun.

It's essentially big brother mafia instead of survivor mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Coolness Averted posted:

What happens if the kingmaker is assassinated? That's not clarified in the rules wiki. Assassins auto win? Another villager gets it? No more king changes?

New rando town that wasn't named as king during the night is made the new kingmaker. Scum can never be kingmaker.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Basically, if kingmaker is night killed, their choice for king is carried through.

If the kingmaker is lunched, a new town is made kingmaker and they then make the choice for new king. Sometimes the kingmaker has to make two choices in the even that their first choice is killed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You wouldn't need to adjust your monocle every time you sniffed if you wore it properly.

Those don't go inside your nose, you know. Or rather, you might if you were actually part of the born aristocracy.

Tobbs play in this game please. Oh wait you are now that I read up. Cool.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI this was from TNL's versions of Kingmaker that were played on the forums:

TNL posted:

The Kingmaker may never reveal his role! If he does it is an automatic modkill. There are no restrictions for other roles but I can't imagine anyone really claim Assassin, and claiming Hero hurts your role more than it helps.

The flavor reason being that scum will take any opportunity to kill the kingmaker the moment they are revealed because they are a perfect target.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

got some chores tonight posted:

new challenger approaching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm having flashbacks to what Mafia used to be like on this forum back in '07. Reading those old kingmaker games reminds me of everyone that was around, and it's kinda crazy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

*looks at the half-eaten, stale bread Moat was able to acquire with the copper piece*

O-of course Moatillata. I'll have some, ahem, cake.

*God-King Max stares down from his Tower of Glass*
Heh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

*feels the stare of Princess Max imprisoned in her glass tower*

Oh, hey! Maxine! Let down your hair and we'll tie a bundle of Moat's cake into it for you!

*Maxine spits on you.*

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I am King first I'm going to pull a Mills and insta execute someone in my first post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm calling my shot. It doesn't matter what my alignment is, that's just what is going to happen.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you are King first AND scum then you're gonna execute your scumbro D1.

TBH this is extremely likely.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo dawg I knew you were town in our last game together.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs I hope you and I are both scum this game and can be on a scum team.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Wow I am the kingmaker!!!

*Ecco slams an axe into your head*

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's funny you should say that, in this game, hosted by Ecco

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If made King I will be a dictator in so far as I will dictate that game to this thread, yes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's 89 pages.

It's a REALLY good game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I read the setup and it looks like it was fun!

I love the lurker killer lol

Read the last day and watch an entire scum team go down in flames in a single instant.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

got some chores tonight posted:

i wasnt in it so how good could it have been

Infinitely better than if you were in it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

I'm not gonna spend real life money to read this game that im assuming was actually French revolution mafia?

Yes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It is I, Max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I got my role PM and I got excited when it said ASSASSIN in it but I just need them to die so I guess I'm back to being depressed.

King, please kill Tobbs, this is a scum post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

How do you know you won't be made king?

Oh right, scum.

Scum can be king, idiot.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, the prophecy of me telling you why you are wrong has come true!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Are you an assassin?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

But I'm not scum so you CAN'T be right.

I've only played one game with town Max and I'm not sold on your performance this game.

It's cool, I'm fairly certain you're scum. No biggie.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I had to double-check the OP to see if podiddy got put in or not because if he was KM he would def pick quid.

Only scum would be thinking about this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quid, kill Tobbs or Chores, imo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol are you kidding? Whoever made Quid is town, and therefore shouldn't be killed. Quid is definitely asking himself, "Who made me King?" and he should. If I survive and get made king, I sure as hell will keep it in mind if I'm anywhere near LYLO.

I'm town baby, and I'm in it to win it.

There is no point in thinking about it because scum can will likely NK the kingmaker or the king will kill the kingmaker, more often than not. It's only relevant near endgame and to be immediately thinking about it PUBLICLY is anti-town at best.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

There is no point in thinking about it because scum can and will likely NK the kingmaker or the king will kill the kingmaker, more often than not. It's only relevant near endgame and to be immediately thinking about it PUBLICLY is anti-town at best.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Town tobbs doesn't have this much attitude.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidthulhu posted:

I am a God!!

Make a choice, GOD.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So pushy.

But you ain't scum.

Scum tobbs realized he couldn't take me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Love it.

kill someone. Test it out

For real, this format just doesn't work well if days actually last longer than like, 3 hours.

• Locked thread