Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/CHAANT720016/Antec-P100-Mid-Tower-Case---Black

im thinking about this case for my pc. I don't really need to upgrade PC as much as just make everything fit in it and give it room for the future. for now upgrading the case and put one of those all-in-one water cooling kits would do good.

and then when I need more hd space I can just do it. and raid the poo poo out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/CHAANT720016/Antec-P100-Mid-Tower-Case---Black

im thinking about this case for my pc. I don't really need to upgrade PC as much as just make everything fit in it and give it room for the future. for now upgrading the case and put one of those all-in-one water cooling kits would do good.

and then when I need more hd space I can just do it. and raid the poo poo out of it

u gonna run zfs on this m8

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

can we talk about raid

it kills bugs dead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

u gonna run zfs on this m8

why wouldnt you run ntfs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

why wouldnt you run ntfs

idk but if you're not actually running zfs on it then kindly gtfo of this thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chanpop:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

guys when i hit command space and type in disk util it says i have macs os extended (journaled, encrypted)

is this gud y/n

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

*[Y/n]

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Microsoft Protogon

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Skim Milk posted:

guys when i hit command space and type in disk util it says i have macs os extended (journaled, encrypted)

is this gud y/n

no you need the CaSe SeNsAtIvE one it is VEry IMPORtant

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quote if u laff every time

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Captain Foo posted:

quote if u laff every time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

no you need the CaSe SeNsAtIvE one it is VEry IMPORtant

does this not break apps anymore

I remember some unix thing needing a case sensitive file system to work with but they recommended making a disk image not formatting your system drive

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

Annual Gift Panda posted:

does this not break apps anymore

I remember some unix thing needing a case sensitive file system to work with but they recommended making a disk image not formatting your system drive

If you choose case sensitive file system then you can't use Adobe Photoshop.

You can work around it by putting Photoshop into a disk image, yeah.

If you don't make your file system case sensitive then you can't play nice with *nix git repos. I believe you can hose SVN repos, too.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

lomarf

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Moreleth posted:

If you don't make your file system case sensitive then you can't play nice with *nix git repos. I believe you can hose SVN repos, too.

both of these work fine for me.

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

The Management posted:

both of these work fine for me.

I guess it is only a problem if the repository that you are using already has badly named files like `Apple.c` and `apple.c`, which work dandy on a case sensitive fs. Bad stuff happens for you, though. The alternative is more bad, if you added case sensitive files to a repo that other people were already using case insensitively. I tend to blame the case insensitive users though because, really?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Moreleth posted:

I guess it is only a problem if the repository that you are using already has badly named files like `Apple.c` and `apple.c`, which work dandy on a case sensitive fs. Bad stuff happens for you, though. The alternative is more bad, if you added case sensitive files to a repo that other people were already using case insensitively. I tend to blame the case insensitive users though because, really?

file names are symbolic descriptions for the benefits of humans, which are taught to compare words case-insensitively. if you think apple.c should be a different thing from Apple.c, you should name it differently.

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
i think we are all in agreement here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yosmas is saved

• Locked thread