Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I'm all for round robin. And go ahead and sign me and DrunkDriverDad up as a team. We are officially The Gruesome Twosome.

Can't wait to dunk on y'all (and get dunked on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Here's the first "uncommon" trading card (used for teams)

In case anyone else wants to make one for their teamhere's the template with a lovely foil border

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 2, 2017

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
:siren: Chekans, Deadspin, Beverly Cleavage, DarkFlame, Montalvo and Cindy Shitbird :siren:

You guys are still LFT, can you please either pair up, or let me know if you have a team already. Once this is done I can make the brackets and we can get ready to play.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm happy to pair up with anyone else on PS4 that's LFT. I'm mid-Challenger II and play mostly evenings PST. I'm also away for work this week and won't be able to play until the 9th. If this doesn't work out I'm happy to drop out in the spirit of getting the competition started.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
if anyone ends up teamless in the end maybe they could be a substitute or something? Like just in case drunkdriverdad or I absolutely can't make it. Just a thought, season 1 took forever cuz of scheduling issues so I wanna avoid that if at all possible.

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

I definitely don't see a problem with that within reason. Like don't substitute a C3 buddy or something and try to get Waverly/Meeks some other champion to play with/for you so you can win or whatever.

But if it'll help move the tournament along and maybe get a lone PS4 player like Montalvo able to actually be able to play, sure.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going on my honeymoon this weekend but I would like to be a sub if anyone needs. I am Lblitzer fyi

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

That could be very useful lBlitzer, you are on PSN right?

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Montalvo posted:

I'm happy to pair up with anyone else on PS4 that's LFT. I'm mid-Challenger II and play mostly evenings PST. I'm also away for work this week and won't be able to play until the 9th. If this doesn't work out I'm happy to drop out in the spirit of getting the competition started.

I'm PST as well and we've played before so gently caress it. No idea for a team name though.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

gropemotron posted:

That could be very useful lBlitzer, you are on PSN right?

Yeah, should have quite a few people in the tourney on my friends list.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

So here's a thing:

:siren: Be Part of a Jostlemania III Montage :siren:

If at any time during your Jostlin games you do something that is Siiick, Savage, Okay, Nice Shot!, Great Pass or simpy hilarious send me either a replay or a clip (please only use clips if somehow the voice comms are essential to the moment or you are on console and can't send me replays)

If you send me a replay make sure to include a timestamp and describe what you want me to use just to be on the safe side.
There is no need for it to be a top level play or anything, just something that you found noteworthy for some reason.

If I get enough material I'll make a montage out of it once Jostlemania is done. Please don't forget about this like last Jostlemania, kay?

Also @grope: would be cool if you could add this to the op and maybe mention it when you make an announcement about group divisions or w/e so people have to read it.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Sweet, I can't wait to get my sick whiffs on display!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Montalvo posted:

I'm up for thi- ah damnit beaten to the punch.

I'm normally on PS4 but I have this on Steam too, and I'm willing to play with anyone, but I make no promises when it comes to skill. I'm somehow Challenger Elite in Doubles, and I refuse to touch that playlist in case I ruin everything.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Aww yeah esper Whoops... montage inc.

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

All LFT players are now accounted for.

That means that I could whip up the two Divisions and we can start round robin play.
So first, here are the rules. Each series is a best of 3. Loser will chose the maps from any map that appears on ranked. You can do Lab maps if both teams agree to it however. Each team will play each other in their division, and the teams with the best records will advance. Tiebreaker will be individual game wins, if for some reason 2 teams are tied on series wins.

Dominus Bracket:
Mumen Riders
Gruesome Twosome
Unnamed (wa27 and athanatosSA)
Noname (Whodatwhere and his friend)
Name TBD (Montalvo and Chekans)
Undecided (Deadspin and Beverly Cleavage)

Octane Bracket:
No Stairs Please, We're British
Eurogenous Sons
Bottom of the Ladder
Sponsored by Tim Hortons
Centice
Last Picks

The goal is to have each team play at least 1 series a week, so this moves along at a semi-decent pace. Obviously if you have time and can schedule more games feel free to do so.

Replay files of your games aren't mandatory, but I might be making highlight videos from the tournament play, or get goons to cast games as people have expressed interest in doing so. So if you wouldn't be totally embarassed having your game highlighted in any way, give us them replays. I wouldn't post lovely highlights or make fun of anyone unless they asked, and the commentators hopefully wouldn't either, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

gropemotron fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 3, 2017

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I'm PST as well and we've played before so gently caress it. No idea for a team name though.

Sweet, let's do it.

Suggested team name: Pathetico F.C.

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 3, 2017

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Last Picks are good to go!

No team photo, no training session video, no real plan except to maybe play some games.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
How do we send our replays to the people that need them? Put them on Discord?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, you can drag and drop them afaik. Just do that in the Jostle channel with an @ at either Grope or Iggy and they should catch it. I think both are up for doing compilations.

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Right Discord would be the preferred way.

But for any of you non-discord goons (seriously why are you this way though) you can put it on dropbox or whatever your file hosting place of choice is and put a link here and I'll grab it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

gropemotron posted:

Unnamed (wa27 and athanatosSA)

Team Name:
Pretentious Perfect Pass

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 4, 2017

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

I don't know if it's even been posted in the thread yet, but the Jostlemania Spreadsheet is now organised and up to date. I moved the teams around to fit their brackets, added a scores sheet for tracking series, games and goals, and made it look more colourful. Don't think there's anything else that needs added, or how much more bored meddling I can do.

Montalvo/Chekans need a team name, as do LCL-Dead and Beverly Cleavage. Also Waverly is Team Centice, on his own, so I'm looking forward to seeing one guy win a doubles tournament.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He just won his first series, too.

drat robots ...

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I never liked this game anyway..

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Like last time, can we get screen caps posted of the results for each match? I like the idea of getting replays for montage purposes but that's also pretty useful.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Montalvo posted:

Suggested team name: Pathetico F.C.

This is us.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

If any of y'all Dominus bracketeers wanna play the Mumen Riders for glory (or death) hit us up. Ideally over Discord. Feel free to @mention me and/or Fruitsniffer. Alternatively use this thread or PMs. (But really, guys, Discord)

E: to be clear here, not today anymore, I'll be heading to bed. But I'm sure we can schedule something for another day.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I'm always (probably) willing to sub if I'm around. Probably should've entered this since it isn't so serious but oh well :v:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

zeldadude posted:

zeldadude
PSN Clizzby
EST

Hoping drunkdriverdad is down to do this because we've been meshing pretty well lately! If he's not or his schedule doesn't work for this I'm out there as a free agent. Came in second (:argh:) in the first jostlemania, didn't play in the second.

I just now found this and want to play with Zeldadude. I work a ton, so my schedule sucks.
Team Name: The Gruesome Twosome
Drunk Driver Dad
PSN DrunkDriverDad
CST

I work night shift, 3:30p-2am and get home late, about 2:30 or 3:30 if I go work out. I'm sure very little people will be on at this time, so my real available schedule will be my off days. My off days are every other Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Specifically, starting Jan 6th, Jan 20th, Feb 3rd, etc. I almost always never have social obligations because of this schedule, so anytime on those days is fine provided it's after say 4-5pm, preferably starting a little later. I do have vacation I can take, and while I wouldn't normally waste PTO over a video game, I have been feeling ground down lately, so I can request any Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday off work as long as I have a few days notice.

tl:dr, my best time will be anytime on Jan 6th, 7th and 8th, and then again Jan 20th/21nd/22nd, then again Feb 4th/5th/6th. I can play on Tuesday/Wed/Thur if I have a few days notice to request it off, although I'm not willing to waste more than 2 of my PTO days for this.

zeldadude posted:

if anyone ends up teamless in the end maybe they could be a substitute or something? Like just in case drunkdriverdad or I absolutely can't make it. Just a thought, season 1 took forever cuz of scheduling issues so I wanna avoid that if at all possible.

FWIW, I'm down with this sort of thing. If for some reason I gently caress up, I'm fine with someone filling in for me, and I'm also fine with playing with any fill in if Zelda doesn't make it. I'm just in this for the fun.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 5, 2017

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cleavage and I are both EST (GMT-5 I think?). Both dads, so games will probably be in the late evenings after kids go to sleep/are locked away in their cages.

We'll come up with a name soonish.. Probably should have talked that over last night.

I'm only available on weekends and Tuesday/Wednesday for the most part. 1 to 2 games a week should be totally possible on my end.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

LCL-Dead posted:

Cleavage and I are both EST (GMT-5 I think?). Both dads, so games will probably be in the late evenings after kids go to sleep/are locked away in their cages.

We'll come up with a name soonish.. Probably should have talked that over last night.

I'm only available on weekends and Tuesday/Wednesday for the most part. 1 to 2 games a week should be totally possible on my end.

Agreed on all counts, though the Mrs. knows I'm "participating" in some games that might into some evening time, so weeks aren't quite as locked down.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvp0VZjuI-o&feature=youtu.be

it's not done processing yet, but I did offer to shoutcast the matches when I was high as poo poo so here we are

lo ciento grope

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This is great. A+ commentary imo

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Okay I'm off the next 3 days(Friday,saturday,sunday) and as far as I'm aware my teammate should be available during those evening and nights. I'd like to get at least one, preferable more matches in, not sure how many he wanted to do but I"m sure he'll chime in when he wakes up tomorrow. Are us teams in the same bracket supposed to just schedule ourselves or what? If so anyone in the Dominus bracket want to do any this weekend? I'll probably sleep in until 4-6pm CST tomorrow, so I will let Zeldadude handle any details if so. I can be available literally any time those 3 days as long as it's not before later in the afternoon. Supposed to snow in Alabama anyway, so it's a deathwish if I get out on the roads anyway, might as well be a sit on my rear end weekend.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 6, 2017

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I just sent one member of each team in my bracket a pm except for Pretentious Perfect Pass
so, wa27 or Athanatos, one or both of you lovely folks get in contact with me one way or another via Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/IGgyIGsen/), Discord (https://discord.gg/VDUXZRw) or PM.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Oh yeah, I made an album with all the trading cards people made

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

There were some more games tonight

http://imgur.com/a/XnXnM

I need to start putting more of my shots away

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

We just beat 2 Dope Boyz (in a Cadillac) 2-0
First game 3-2
Second game 5-1

The Mumen Riders are riding high!!!!!

E:
We just lost to PPP 1-2
First game 1-4
Second Game 3-1
Third game 1-3

The Mumem Riders are... well, Fruity is crying, actually.

I entered both those games into the spreadsheet already.

(I'll upload recordings of both those series tomorrow)

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruitsniffer
Feb 1, 2016

What a great day to be trash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

The Mumem Riders are... well, Fruity is crying, actually.

I was believing so hard and it just wasn't enough. :saddowns:

Video games are serious business. This is a major setback to my confidence. I'll spend the next few weeks having flashbacks to these games and bursting into tears.

Fruitsniffer fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 7, 2017

• Locked thread