Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I'll play.

If anyone lurks I'll be voting for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm the best. While also not being the best.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Now that I've posted, there is only one lurker left to vote for.

##vote AR

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

King B solve the game for me ima go drink

Based on absolutely nothing, I am now going to identify the scum team for cred later:

AR/Inf are the scum.

My work here is done.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

Here's your consolation prize

http://i.imgur.com/Pbh35uq.mp4

Why are you awake? Didn't you go to sleep like 4 hours ago?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There is a new lurking champ.

##vote MMT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Hey king b this lurker crusade isn't a cover for a scum king b is it?

It isn't. Which is why I've mentioned it pre-game/alignment in two games in a row now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

No one can replace you, Poque.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

Who is Infinitum?

Aussie mafia player that you probably don't know.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

vote max

Why?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

He's me? But better?

The only player I would compare him to is Jimson. They are from similar schools of play.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

He is in the F U Crew

I am also in the FU Crew.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

I'm actually an incredible player

f u

##vote King Burgundy

Are you saying Jimson isn't an incredible player?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

He's an incredible something

Yes! Exactly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

In no way are inf and jimson the same.

Emotional vs logical players, weird gambits, etc.

They fit into the same category in my mental notebook.

Someone post that mafia players graph and I'll update it with Jimson/Inf if they aren't on there. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

i feel like KB is trying to force a connection for nefarious purposes.

Rofl. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Mua ha ha ha.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Max is scum based on my n0 cop someone show me the last time I went so hard on someone and was wrong

If you had an n0 cop of Max as scum, why did it take you so long to go after him?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Is this tongue-in-cheek or are we actually believing that Kash has a n0 cop result on Max?

Don't believe him, just playing along since he keeps bringing it up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Lurker Eye of Sauron has moved to Hal.

##vote Hal

His only posts:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Confirming I got an email saying I had gotten a private message from asiina, but I don't feel like looking at it.

Assuming confirmed masons with poque

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is all too spooky

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

I no longer want to vote KB, I thought he was trying to match somebody up to Jimson due to Jimson being a bad player in our last game but I reread him there and he never really called out Jimson for bad play there. let's kill the crab ##vote crab

I actually thought you were joking. Now that I know you were serious, I'm a bit pinged by the whole thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Infinitum

Likes to make others keep it one hundred, but not himself????

Also this interaction is bullshit to me

I put out an honest opinion looking for thoughts bc kash is pushing pushing and claiming n0 cop for no reason

The funny thing is claiming has been the thing to do nowadays, so many peeps claim d1 (:ironicat:) why is he throwing shade at my attempt to drum up some dialogue? This is not a town mindset. I feel suspicious but not overly so; here's a test:

No response, he does respond to someone else though.

Again:

Thinking for sure I will get the denial and the 100 claim which is obs important to him, instead:

And it's never brought up again. Tries to gloss over it.

Imo this is the best case out here today

Scum is found scum is caught.

God bless

I'm actually shocked by the lack of a chillfinitum response to your query. I can see this.

What do you think of Kash hounding Max for no real reason it seems, then coming up with a reason now that Max has finally pushed back?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Right now would vote Hal for being a lurker(and am) and am seeing potential reasons to vote Kash/Inf/Poque in that order for pinging my scumdar if Hal starts posting today.

If Hal doesn't post before deadline though, fine with leaving my vote there. No lurkers allowed this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, AR still really needs to post more.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

f u i ain't afraid of u bitch

Now that there is more stuff out there, do you have any game opinions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote AR

I get the vibe of "scum wanting to make a fake case but finding nothing to work with" from his posts.

I can see this too.

I'm staying on Hal for now though. Based on the two scum kill a night thing, we have 3 shots to get this right before game over. I don't want to have to deal with trying to figure out unknowns later.

Still hoping he'll post before deadline though. I'd rather play with Hal, then not. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

i am also willing to murder poque

I'm not seeing the crab thing. But as mentioned earlier, Poque is also pinging me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

hal was so invigorated that he left to take a nap

haha, seriously.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Kashuno

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal, you caught up?

Who scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I like Kash the most for scum right now.

But I'd still do Inf/Poque/AR.

I also don't like that Hal is now theoretically playing, but still isn't offering any opinions on scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

What keyed you up with Kash's post? It seems like it was specifically the breadcrumb one.

Well, he was already my top suspect because he is acting like uninvested scum Kash. He made up a fake reason to pursue Max all game and continued to find reasons to stick with it so that he wouldn't have to do anything else. When it seemed briefly like maybe he was gambiting:

Max posted:

If someone says "X is scum" long enough then lazy town / scum will just go with it.

Kashuno posted:

ding ding ding

I was like, oh wait, maybe I'm wrong, he's doing this to draw out scum. Then:

Max posted:

So who are you actually voting for?

----

The last straw for me, as you saw, was the breadcrumb thing. I hadn't noticed the breadcrumb(if it even was one) and Kash pointing it out like that was really bad. So his only contributions to this game appear to be causing distractions and outing potential town power roles.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

The Max thing seems to me like a joke I am not getting, like do Kash and Max have history in previous games? if it's just a really stupid longtime shot at it then I get it but you're right that the "you" part is bad.

As for the breadcrumb I assumed it was just a joke and that Hal was going to breadcrumb all of the town roles, him posting that he felt invigorated after reading his PM made me think doctor.

No history that I'm aware of that is causing this.

You may very well be right on the joke thing. He certainly ran with it after that. Doesn't change my opinion about the anti-town nature of commenting on it at that point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

i'm just kiddin

About?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

At first, I was going to post in agreement of this because his assessment of what Kash is doing seems accurate. But thinking about it further, I kind of feel like Kash would be one of the easiest players for scum to case, and it made me start to question KB a little bit more.

I'm not sure how I feel about this point. First off, I thought that breadcrumb was a joke because it was pretty plainly out there - I don't think there was anything suspicious about Kash commenting on it. Also, even if it was meant as a legit breadcrumb, I'm not sure that I agree that a scum Kash would out a power role (as opposed to just keeping quiet and then NKing Hal).

This case feels to me more like scum KB trying to build a fake case on Kash than it does a genuine thought process.

This post is bad for a few reasons. But let's focus on the fact that you agree with me, but despite that think I'm scum making this opinion up instead of town thinking this honestly.

Also, your assessment that Kash would be one of the easiest players to case as scum in this game is nonsense. Kash is slippery and fights back. AR is the easiest player in the game to push a fake case on. ;)

So please do expand on this. I'd like to hear more.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I really don't want to vote for any of you day 1, you are just all so swell...

If it came down to it though I feel the worst about KB. Lots of posts, but they feel like they are desperate to create something and just don't appear well thought out.

As always lately, I am actually desperate to make things happen.

Most players in these games don't try anymore. I do my best to try and lead us to victory in every game. I've been pretty successful lately too. So I understand if that is intimidating for scum that would rather sit in a thread of lurkers who aren't putting down opinions on people. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why is Kashuno an endless distraction in all games I am in with him. No matter what he says people claim he is scum. COME ON PEOPLE

He posts a lot. People that post a lot draw a lot of attention.

It is the same reason I very rarely escape day 1 in a game without at least some heat on me.

But he's probably scum in this game. He certainly isn't trying to solve anything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

That thought process doesn't make sense to me for two reasons

(a) you treated it like a real breadcrumb even though I feel like it pretty clearly (to myself and others) wasn't intended as one
(b) my gut reaction to "Kash outing potential town power roles" is that you're casing him for something that seems way more like "bad town" than "scum" (in a way that makes me think the thought process was fake).

To me if feels like your goal was to construct a plausible case on Kash and so you used the breadcrumb to try and sell it. ##vote KB

I'm hoping it wasn't real. But I hadn't noticed it until Kash pointed it out.

You realize I voted Kashuno INSTANTLY after he posted about the breadcrumb?

So when did I come up with this plan, exactly?

Please walk me through the chain of events you are trying to sell.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like the only reason KB would bring this up is to dissuade people from voting for him.

* this very well might just be confirmation bias on my part
** haha I just remembered how Shine 3 went when I thought I had a read on KB oh noooo

I brought it up because I'm pretty proud of my performance lately and I like to talk about it. :)

It's interesting you bring up Shine, when you thought all sorts of crazy things about me, and you were scum. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

I would much rather lynch the crab than kashuno. the real question is, why are votes split in such a nonsensical way

Heh, Crab's recent post is bad. But I'm not sure it's scum bad. Maybe? Still prefer Kash.

In terms of vote split, only 2 scum in this game, so it isn't necessarily scum's fault for the split. People are just really divided I guess.

• Locked thread