Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
ok I reached the point where I wasn't even upset about that Chicago goal.. didn't feel anything actually.

I have unlocked the secret to perfect hapiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Stretch Marx posted:

Hunwick tied up Bibeau so he couldn't get back into position. gently caress I wish Hunwick and Polak would just gently caress off somewhere. I don't care where.

Hunwick loving sucks.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Got a stream? I just got off work, and they delete them so fast now.

Here you go.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Thanks dude, I got it.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I really felt the Hawks could use an offensive zone penalty.

Maybe the Stars power play can give them some pointers, too.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Ummagumma posted:

I really felt the Hawks could use an offensive zone penalty.

Maybe the Stars power play can give them some pointers, too.

dude I know you didn't mean it, but what you just said there was extremely triggering.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Anisimov! :siren:

e: ^ Sorry :smith: I didn't know your power play was struggling as much as ours...Hawks like 1 for last 20, but Foley mentioned Stars are only 3 for 23, too.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Anisimov! :siren:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

what a hilarious turnover

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Blues are so bad on the road

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Blues are so bad on the road

how bad on the road are they Mike V?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

ok I reached the point where I wasn't even upset about that Chicago goal.. didn't feel anything actually.

I have unlocked the secret to perfect hapiness

Eventually you will reach my level where losing sorta feels... good? I feel like it's not too long until the guillotine gets turned on Robespierre and the reign of terror comes to end.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Starsfan posted:

how bad on the road are they Mike V?

They are 4-8-1 and surprise surprise when the Blues need to get a game tying goal with an empty net, they cannot. Maybe you should loving practice this sometime, since it seems like your opponents have figured out how to score on you regularly in the same situation

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Bibeau is legit

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Jake Gardiner owns.

So much icing this game.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Stepan with the loving dirty mid air pass to Skjei, my goodness.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Ugh the Leafs really should be up in this game.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Eventually you will reach my level where losing sorta feels... good? I feel like it's not too long until the guillotine gets turned on Robespierre and the reign of terror comes to end.

I never did reach that point during the 7 year playoff drought from 2007 to 2013, but maybe now my brain chemistry has altered and I can push through the final barrier.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks and Stars have combined for three shots on goal this period eight minutes in. Yawn.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Leafs have been the better team tonight, but I get the feeling it's ending 1-0

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Panarin! :siren:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Wow what a one-timer by Panarin :siren:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Stretch Marx posted:

Ugh the Leafs really should be up in this game.

Playing amazing but still managing to get a good draft pick is my ideal situation this year

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

do you think a team would trade for Jason Spezza?

yeah I know.. probably not :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Wow Mackinnon split the D almost like they split his lip.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Ugh Polak

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
...That was a fuckin' sweet goal by MacKinnon

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo I forgot the Hawks played at 7 and not 9 tonight. And it even looks like they showed up to play actual hockey even with Toews out too. :(

Also, what the gently caress is up with Dallas this year? I know injuries hit hard at the start of the season but their roster looks mostly complete now.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

yup. I confirm no feelings about the Stars losing.

I guess at this point, I look at our management having let this team dwindle down to nothing in free agency and by injury, and the only move they've made to address the dozen players who have missed time this year with injuries is bringing Lauri Korpikoski in off waivers.. a guy the Oilers didn't want back.

Kind of seems like the management doesn't care about the success of the team, so why should anyone else.

... yeah I know, I still care a little :(

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Hawks win! :toot:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Furnaceface posted:

Also, what the gently caress is up with Dallas this year? I know injuries hit hard at the start of the season but their roster looks mostly complete now.

They're tied for 28th in goals allowed.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot the Hawks played at 7 and not 9 tonight. And it even looks like they showed up to play actual hockey even with Toews out too. :(

tonight was kind of what the analytics people call a "scheduled loss". 3rd game in 4 nights, played yesterday in Philly.

Not a likely win against any team, let alone one of the few competent clubs in the conference.

**for a more detailed explanation of the year's struggles see my post above. Also add in Benn, Seguin, and Klingberg all playing like poo poo. Benn especially has been awful. People getting really worried about his three consecutive off-seasons missed with major injuries requiring surgery right about now.. and that huge contract extension the team just gave him :(

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 12, 2016

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Ooo a power play.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Starsfan posted:

yup. I confirm no feelings about the Stars losing.

I guess at this point, I look at our management having let this team dwindle down to nothing in free agency and by injury, and the only move they've made to address the dozen players who have missed time this year with injuries is bringing Lauri Korpikoski in off waivers.. a guy the Oilers didn't want back.

Kind of seems like the management doesn't care about the success of the team, so why should anyone else.

... yeah I know, I still care a little :(

I got through the Wirtz years with minimal PTSD and self loathing, it will come back around and you will laugh at the thought of not caring about your favorite team.

I still dont understand how such a similar roster to last year is so slow this year though. Same goes for Colorado.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Also what's going on with Cory Schneider this year? .911 in 20 games (and it'll go down after tonight) is a full .13 below his career average.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

grack posted:

They're tied for 28th in goals allowed.

Oh poo poo I didnt notice this. The two-headed Finn has not recovered at all I guess.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Gardiner that was beautiful.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

I got through the Wirtz years with minimal PTSD and self loathing, it will come back around and you will laugh at the thought of not caring about your favorite team.

I still dont understand how such a similar roster to last year is so slow this year though. Same goes for Colorado.

A lot of the speed on the roster last year was Janmark, Nichushkin, and Hemsky.. along with Goligoski and Demers being good transition defencemen on the back end. None of those players are making an appearance for Dallas this season.

Stars have actually been transitioning away from speed and skill for a couple years now... moving more towards size and toughness all throughout the roster. Like the stats are that the Stars are the 3rd tallest and 2nd heaviest roster in the league or something like that. It's our managements vision for the future.

They've taken a team that was by far and away the fastest and often the most entertaining club in the league and turned it into this.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
There's some classic NJ poo poo. 2 guys jump Skjei for a legal hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

There's some classic NJ poo poo. 2 guys jump Skjei for a legal hit.

One of them was Beau Bennett who is more likely to injure himself than anyone else.

• Locked thread