Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your ROTY (Remaster Of The Year) for 2016?
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Special Edition
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Resident Evil 4/5/6 Remastered
Darksiders: Warforged Edition
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Gravity Rush Remastered
Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
Shadow Complex Remastered
Dark Cloud 2 (PS4)
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved dragons dogma, I might give NG+ a shot sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another Metroid 2 Remaster

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Kinda sad Darksiders hasn't got any votes... I was enjoying the remaster a lot until FFXV came out and I decided to play that exclusively for the foreseeable future

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seemed like a pretty straightforward port, i already played it on the PC so 60fps and stuff wouldn't be new to me. good rear end game though, even if it shamelessly rips off zelda really hard

i wish the 2nd was more of the same but they turned it into borderlands open world l00t quest. i wanted to like the game because it was very pretty and had way better-feeling combat but i got tired of running around giant empty rooms

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I watched someone play Darksiders I thought the art by that comic guy was cool but I was astounded at how empty the world looked especially once you killed the bad guys in a given area.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well 2. I never seen the first one.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

1 is a lot more cramped and mazelike, half your time is spent navigating through areas which is what made it so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darksiders 1 is basically twilight princess with a portal gun

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Resident Evil Zero would be my favorite remaster of this year.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

And no wolf sections

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BipolarAurora posted:

Resident Evil Zero would be my favorite remaster of this year.

This for sure. It is just plain beautiful.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

did re4hd really come out this year? it feels like i played it forever ago on pc. maybe its time for another run..

In Training posted:

yeah and more fun combat imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i couldnt get through dragons dogma. the harpies in the intro would put me to sleep and 1-shot me and then you had to play the entire tutorial again
You should try again, it's very good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

did re4hd really come out this year? it feels like i played it forever ago on pc. maybe its time for another run..

yeah and more fun combat imo

It's required by gamer law for RE4 to eventually come out on every console. Same with the original Doom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

On PS4 yeah. The PC remaster came out a couple years ago

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pablo Gigante posted:

On PS4 yeah. The PC remaster came out a couple years ago

Don't forget the PS2 with Ada version. I think of all the controllers I played RE4 with, the GameCube is still my favorite one.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

NickRoweFillea posted:

Don't forget the PS2 with Ada version. I think of all the controllers I played RE4 with, the GameCube is still my favorite one.

Did you ever play he Wii version? It's actually pretty awesome with the remote+nunchuk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Kinda sad Darksiders hasn't got any votes... I was enjoying the remaster a lot until FFXV came out and I decided to play that exclusively for the foreseeable future

darksiders looks like poo poo from a donkeys rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i couldnt get through dragons dogma. the harpies in the intro would put me to sleep and 1-shot me and then you had to play the entire tutorial again

its one of th best games of the last ten years no question

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got partway through on the 360, but sort of petered out because i didn't have multi. i wish it would come to the ps4.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How is the Stranger's Wrath HD release? I don't think I've played that game since high school.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

How is the Stranger's Wrath HD release? I don't think I've played that game since high school.

The controls were kind of hosed up at least for mouse keyboard when I tried it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I can't believe dark siders made enough money to warrant a remaster. did they add new content or something

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

The controls were kind of hosed up at least for mouse keyboard when I tried it.

I remember liking the Oddworld charm when I played it. Maybe I'll give it a spin if the controls aren't bad for a controller.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I can't believe dark siders made enough money to warrant a remaster. did they add new content or something

some euro publisher now owns a shitload of old THQ IP but they don't have the money/talent to make new games with any of them so they just churn out remasters

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

some euro publisher now owns a shitload of old THQ IP but they don't have the money/talent to make new games with any of them so they just churn out remasters

What a tragedy

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
As much as I love RE4 (100%'d it on three different systems now), I can't call the RE4 "HD" a good remastering with those grimy-rear end textures and forgetting to touch up the Separate Ways cutscenes.

Day of the Tentacle gets my vote because it's one of the best point&click adventure titles ever and the remastered version is very very good indeed. I only hoped they had remastered the included Maniac Mansion as well but since it's more of an easter egg, I don't mind.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
Windjammers for best remaster 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tatsujin posted:

the people doing the windjammers re-release are notoriously bad at emulating everything

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tatsujin posted:

Dotemu is garbage

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Slightly latino voice] Mothafucking WindJammers boys! Hell yeah....

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN

mysterious loyall X posted:

Dotemu is garbage

welp getting a supergun thanks guys

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the people doing the windjammers re-release are notoriously bad at emulating everything

No...NO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Edition count

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a Windrammer as you gently caress.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone else think about noshing on a delicious Indian roti when they see the title of this thread.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Does anyone else think about noshing on a delicious Indian roti when they see the title of this thread.

No.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

At the risk of sounding contrary, yes.

• Locked thread