Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I'm taking another go at running an online game of Fantasy Flight's Star Wars system! This time I'll be using one of the official modules released for the line, in an attempt to take some of the GMing burden off me and let me react to you the players in a quicker fashion.

This adventure takes place in the Ferra Sector of the Outer Rim. An Imperial captain is leading a force to take over the planet Xorrn and its manufacturing facilities to further the Empire's ambitions. The player characters must assemble enough defenders to stall the Imperial assault long enough for the main body of the Rebel fleet to arrive. This mission is on a ticking clock; and planning out how long it will take to travel to various other systems and convince various groups to join the defense effort is vital.

The game will be run through Discord, primarily via text, but if everyone happens to be online all at once, I'm not opposed to playing some things out over voice chat. The Discord channel can be found here

Character applications (and OOC questions) will go here in the thread. Character creation will follow basic rules, but after creation, grant yourself 150 XP and 1000 more credits to buy supplies, gear, talents, etc. Age of Rebellion careers are preferred, but if you make a good case for it, I'll allow Edge of the Empire or Force & Destiny stuff. Note: I don't want any super-powerful force users in this campaign; Force Sensitivity and a power or two is fine, but no Lightsabers, no beelining down F&D Spec trees to get to the Signature Abilities for them. Official supplements only, please.

Recruitment will run til shortly before Christmas, and we'll actually get the game underway after the holiday itself; I don't want to take up anyone's family festivity time with silly dice.

We have our player roster!

Hanaib Altaz played by Mustache Ride
Jek Lawquane played by Not Keyser Soze
Craal Dumann played by Waffleman_
Malt Kegan played by Werix
Rresiki played by Axqu
Keith played by John Dyne
Mina Thon played by Fuzz
Krikkat played by karmicknight

jivjov fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Posting interest, though I've only played EotE to date. I'll have to read over AoR to get an idea for character creation.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CirclMastr posted:

Posting interest, though I've only played EotE to date. I'll have to read over AoR to get an idea for character creation.

The systems are all completely intercompatible (barring a hair of early-installment-weirdness with how Lightsabers worked in EotE), so if you're familiar with EotE, you'll be good to go with AoR.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna be a blue pilot guy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna be a blue pilot guy.

Try to keep him more on the Teal side of things.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

B2-341

B2-341 is one of the millions of B2 Super Battle Droids deployed during the Clone Wars. His limited AI allowed him to serve as a proper soldier during the war. When the shut down order was given, he was deactivated and left stationary. While his brothers were collected and melted down for durasteel, he lucked out and was left out in the middle of nowhere where no one found him. Until a rebel operative happened to come along. With some minor repairs and a rudimentary personality matrix installed, B2-341 now fights for the Rebel Alliance as a powerful soldier. His manuverability has been greatly increased and his weapons are as deadly as ever.

The personality matrix installed into B2-341 essentially makes him a propaganda machine for the rebels, albeit it a rather clunky one. He was never intended to win hearts and minds, however. The purpose of the matrix was to make him a willing and happy soldiers. Besides, it adds some nice levity in the harshness of war when a droid goes "the only way forward is above the bodies of dead imps" or "facism is the ideology of the weak and easily disposed."

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 14, 2016

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I'm planning...something. Don't know what yet.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
interested, but I have no experience with Fantasy Flight Star Wars

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

thatbastardken posted:

interested, but I have no experience with Fantasy Flight Star Wars

The game hinges on narrative, so if you like telling a story, we can teach you the game-y bits as we go. Hit me up on Discord sometime and I'd be happy to walk you through chargen, and I'm sure others in the channel would give you some pointers too.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hanaib Altaz - Rodian Strategist

The Clone Wars were a disease across the galaxy. The media focused on the planets besieged by the clones and the Jedi, but the fight went on in almost every system. From small skirmishes, to full out war in the streets, the Rodian Self Defense force protected itself, and it's planet, from the corruption of the CIS.

Hanaib was an officer of the Rodian SDF's Special Forces, known on Rodia as the 'Green Stalkers'. He led several daring raids against CIS ships and targets in the system, and developed a reputation for strategies that were unorthodox, but usually successful. This, along with his dedicated small team leadership and hatred of the Empire that reminded him so much of the CIS, made him a perfect choice for the Rebellion.

Now on the Outer Rim, having to leave his previous homeworld to take the fight to the enemy directly, this soldier is ready for anything.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 14, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Posting interest, but I know next to nothing about discord and am on GMT+1 time zone, so it's probably not a good idea, isn't it? :smith:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Also posting interest and also in GMT+1... I assume you're going to be running the Discord as if it's just a PBP, right? Considering no timezone is listed in the OP. I've never done a text-based game that didn't have a live, scheduled time and wasn't just PBP.

Tenatively thinking a pilot, or some kind of supporty guy?

Drone fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 12, 2016

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Insert picture of white-furred Drall from Suns of Fortune page 25 here
Dr. Huflum Barbinarferous, PhD

With a long and storied career at a multitude of institutions, Dr. Huflum Barbinarferous was one of the galaxy's premier experts on the common amphibians known as Gorgs or Chubas. Dedicating his life to their study, Dr. Barbinarferous has spent a great deal of time in swamps and sewers in order to study Gorgs in the wild. Dr. Barbinarferous spent much of the Clone Wars using a Republic grant to study the mating habits of the Giant Muck-Gorg on Nal Hutta, before accepting a tenured position at Coruscant University. Huflum was never much for politics, and grumbled at the transition to the Empire, but accepted it with little more than a shrug.

That changed when the Empire's Humanocentric policies took full effect. After years of enjoying teaching a multitude of xenology courses and dragging students on swampy field trips, the Empire revoked his tenure and replaced him and his non-human colleagues and students with less-qualified "bald primates," as Dr. Barbinarferous has taken to calling them. He vowed revenge, stole a sizable portion of Coruscant University's amphibian collections, and defected to the Rebellion. In his brief stay there, he has used his knowledge of Xenology and his connections to galactic academia to assist their war effort in any way he can.

I would also like to know a time zone; not a big fan of PBP. I'm MST but I have a weird bartender schedule.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Tarquin Black - Human Figurehead

House Black were the long-serving members of the Galactic senate for Ganthel, an industrial core world. When the Senate was dissolved, and the senators rounded up, the rest of House Black was preemptively arrested as traitors to the empire aswell. Tarquin was at the time an Officer in Ganthel's planetary defence forces, and fled imperial control and joined up with the rebellion.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Iceclaw posted:

Posting interest, but I know next to nothing about discord and am on GMT+1 time zone, so it's probably not a good idea, isn't it? :smith:

Drone posted:

Also posting interest and also in GMT+1... I assume you're going to be running the Discord as if it's just a PBP, right? Considering no timezone is listed in the OP. I've never done a text-based game that didn't have a live, scheduled time and wasn't just PBP.

Tenatively thinking a pilot, or some kind of supporty guy?

My goal was to treat it like a PBP, just hosted on the discord. Given how global the goon community is (and just look at all the apps so far; they're from all over!) trying to arrange live sessions just seems like it would artifically limit the player pool and just be more stressful than its worth.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I prefer voice games, but they are quite hard to organise timeslots for: If it comes up again, I'm GMT

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Corto, Corellian gunslinger

Shooty-pilot type, can also do sneaky things.

Like many others, Corto's family gained no small amount of wealth in the atmosphere of largesse that abounded during Palpatine's post-takeover military buildup. And also like many others, they lost it all when the gracious Emperor started to consolidate private wealth under the control of his cronies. Years of crushing (and barely-concealed) bureaucratic opposition from the new order's chosen few wiped out his family's fortune and any chance that Corto would ever be successful as a legitimate businessman, so he turned to "a bit of light crime" to cover the family debts. He never moved anything for too rough a sort, but among his new clientele were a number of rebel cells who kept their targets tolerable.

Of course, this only got him in deeper once the toadies figured out that his on-books revenue stream couldn't account for what the family had to be spending. Corto had to sell off and get out fast, and his new rebel friends offered him a chance to get a little back while he was at it. Now he moves anything and everything that the rebellion needs, and he's handier than you might think in a scrap.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 14, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I am also posting interest cause I love me some FFGSW.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMG2oLCYazAVXdKemJvZTVrZzA

Nix Plainshome

Intergalatic diplomancy is reliant on a degree of subterfuge and any government even serious about diplomancy would have an army of support and counter-intelligence officers. To Nix, this was the most adventurous of options available to a child of a very conservative Alderaanian family.

She was well on her way to graduation from the University of Alderaan when Bail Organa's covert call to resist arrived on campus. Within days, she convinced her parents she was accepted into a special work-study program to the outer rim, she knew her parents would support her decision, but she didn't want them to worry.

She bounced around the galaxy as part of a team sent to help fledgling Rebel groups and sympethizers to establish infrastructure and equipment. On one such mission, she found that she was not the only Plainshome that joined the Rebellion. It seems her parents and numerous others in the extended family heeded Bail's call and individually decided to lie to the rest to protect them. The destruction of Alderaan almost broke Nix, but the fact that her family survived and still fights helped her endure the pain without blunting her idealism.

Mechayahiko fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 13, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6L2ZvIpEfQhQVd1NmxXeUJVSkk/view?usp=sharing

an Ace who is just kind of a jerk and loves killing people

With the Sooru-Suub mega-corp and the Galactic Empire increasingly cosy on matters like 'civil rights' and 'blowing up planets' it's not a great time to be a Sullustan with a conscience. Especially not when you're the most promising combat pilot the planetery academy has seen in years, expected to be fast-tracked all the way to being a chauffeur for some rear end in a top hat stockholder. Or you could make contact with the local resistance who in turn smuggle you off planet to make contact with the Alliance. Now you just need to live long enough to turn some of that piss and vinegar into dead Imperials painted on the side of whatever bad-rear end starfighter they let you fly.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Ace - Rigger

A shady street racer turned eager revolutionary

Burston LaCroix: A few short years ago, Burston was an underground racer and chop shop mechanic known as Freezerbomb on the streets of Hosnian Prime. When Alderaan went up in smoke, rumors began circulating throughout the galaxy about who was next. Burston quickly became convinced that his world was on the short list. Using his underworld contacts and his meager savings to find passage off world, he established the trust of an Alliance recruiter by repairing their busted hyperdrive. Since then, he's been maintaining starfighters for a small rebel squadron, and itching for a chance to get behind the stick again.

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 14, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Lowered my duty so I can boost brawn at the cost of my intellect and a rank of gunnery. Felt like going hyper specialized considering it's a B2 Battle Droid. Totally fine using the older version, if you prefer that.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
You know what they say, you can't pick your parents...

but family shapes everything you become.

Jek Lawquane never knew is biological father, but "Cut", the Clone Trooper who would eventually fill that role in his life, instilled in him the foundations of duty and sacrifice that would drive him to risk his life for freedom on battlefields across the galaxy. Growing up as simple homesteaders on Saleucami, Jek took to heart Cut's teachings that great adversity must be met by people willing to be more than individuals and to give themselves to a cause. Cut also raised his children to be strong and resourceful, with his best attempts at patriarchal advice often devolving into military dogma and tactics. When Cut passed away from his engineered clone aging Jek couldn't bring himself to sit and languish on some Outer Rim farm, he left home to join the Rebellion, to give himself to what he felt was the only cause that mattered. Jek has since thrown himself into every major conflict he can find, fully committed to the idea that people are the only resource that matters and no matter what harm may come to him, what makes all his pain and struggle worthwhile is that others are able to come home and witness the better world their labors have built.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Keith

War Journal.

Entry #73. Tuesday. Three PM.

Struck an Imperial depot today. Never saw it coming. Still underestimate me; may be hard for them to believe, one man waging war like this.

They'll believe.

The little blue-furred creature puts down his pen and grins, shutting his plain red journal. He was calling it his War Journal these days, and by all accounts, he WAS at war with the Empire. And they really didn't see it coming, because who would expect one of the trash hauling squibs to be the one to detonate an ammo cache? They were short, furry, cute, and funny; they didn't perform guerilla warfare or acts of sabotage. They were always so gregarious and friendly!

But Keith knew the truth. Keith had been one of those stereotypical squib, running with the garbage crews and picking them clean and making the humans laugh with his funny voice and his adorable looks. But sometimes a sentient is pushed too far. Sometimes, they learn of the real struggle out there, a reason to fight for a greater good. And sometimes, some jackass commandeers your garbage truck and wrecks it. He'd heard tales of the Rebellion and he knew firsthand the antics of the Empire. And it didn't take long for the idea to form in his brain that maybe, just maybe, he needed to make a difference.

And maybe he needed the rebels to notice him. And so it started small. He set fire to an Imperial speeder on his first day, and the thing blew up; and that was a rush! He grew bolder and bolder each day, and the first time he had an actual shoot out with the Imperials, he almost lost his life, but he was able to duck down an alley and squirm down a storm drain and lose them. They never really saw him, either; he never heard an APB for a small, blue furry creature with a laser rifle. Maybe no one believed it? He knew HE wouldn't believe it.

So he made good use of that disbelief. The squibs were everywhere. They all looked the same to the bigoted Imperials. And it was easy to sneak weapons in and out in his (new) garbage truck (that no one had reimbursed him for.) No one was going to seriously watch out for a squib with a repeating blaster, because no one thought they could do it.

Now, however, with the supply depot bombed, they might start believing it. It was on the news. Keith couldn't help but grin. If the Empire had noticed him, surely the rebels would, too.

It was only a matter of time now.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Bicks Bider, Human Performer/Propagandist

Bicks wasn’t the hottest of the jizz wailers. He wasn’t the most famous of the jizz wailers. But he was a jizz wailer nonetheless. He served up that hot jizz, night after night, in every two-bit club in the Core.

COMPNOR has its own ideas about music. They don’t want it to swing, they don’t want it to cut loose, they don’t want the sound of the kloo horns to stir up something in the people’s hearts that the Empire can’t control. And all those two-bit clubs started to feel the pressure. And Bicks was out of work.

With his back to the wall, Bicks joined up with the Rebellion as an information gatherer and propaganda artist. Because as the song says, “You gotta fight! For your right! To jizz wail!”

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Tattooine - Mos Espa - Outside the Cantina
The bounty hunter narrowed his eyes as he rolled his handmade cigarette from one side of his mouth to the other. "They always put up a fight; spine in all the wrong places. If only they'd come quietly, they wouldn't have to worry about the medical surcharges, too." he thinks to himself as his mark continues to yell and wave a pistol around. Another hunter, a human this time, lay bleeding at his feet, and the devaronian was having a ball about it. The hunter tipped his hat down slightly, reaching slowly into his coat. The crowd had backed away, and no one was giving the hunter a second glance. No one ever did. Why would they?

"Y'think ANYONE could take in Gault the Great?! I've been on the run longer than you've been alive, kid! I'm almost tempted to spare you, but what would that say about my reputa-"

Gault's sentence is cut off by the sound of a blaster shot, and for a moment the devaronian stares in shock at his missing hand. The hunter strides across the open street quickly, shooting the mark's lackies with easy. Before he can draw another weapon, the devaronian eats the butt of the hunter's rifle, knocking several teeth into the back of his throat. The hunter is on him quick, slapping a pair of cuffs on him and shoving his face into the sand. He looks at the wounded hunter for a moment with pity, before setting to work on his wounds in silence.

From the sand, the wounded human lifts his head, his eyes trying to focus. Confusion crosses his face, before he coughs up a bit of blood to speak.

"What the hell, who are you? What's your name? Are you really a loving.." He is cut off as the other hunter stitches up his wound. He turns to the wounded hunter, his face grim, and speaks with a deep, gritty voice.

"No name, but yesa, palos; mesa bombad gungan hunter." The hunter stands, still squinting. "Yousa gonna be fine, though yousa mui nutsen ta announce yousa huntin' people for mula. Berry dumb." The gungan adjusts his hat and lowers his head, slipping back into the crowd as the authorities arrive.

No one ever expects the gungan to be a bounty hunter. And it always worked in his favor.

The Gungan with No Name, Buster Clementine - Gungan Gadgeteer

Need to fix his XP

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Craal Dumann, Duros Ace

It's not that I don't have a personal stake in all this. Even I can see that the Empire's no good. But all I wanted to do was stay neutral. It's not good for a hired pilot to publicly take sides, y'see. War is good work. To be honest, I almost didn't take that Rebellion job on Dantooine. But I was in a bit of a rough patch and a job's a job. Little do I know that I managed to go toe-to-toe with one of the Empire's hottest aces and shoot my way straight up his poodoo list. So now the Empire knows my name, and I guess I have no choice but to see this rebellion through to the end. At least I can have some fun doing it.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 18, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So just saw Rogue One, and now I so want to make something for this game. I've played little EotE, but no AoR, so I gotta look over the available races and classes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Werix posted:

So just saw Rogue One, and now I so want to make something for this game. I've played little EotE, but no AoR, so I gotta look over the available races and classes.

You can use any of the species options from any of the three game lines. And if you can justify working for the rebellion, you can even run an EotE career if you want.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Malt Kegan, Former Imperial Technician

Engineer-saboteur

Malt has been destined for service in the Empire from before birth, well sort of. He was certainly destined for Galactic Civil Service. Serving the Republic went back in his family quite away. His father was a Guard in the Republic Senate, his grandmother was a shuttle pilot for the senate, his great-grandmother was a valet for a former Chancellor, and the list goes on. it was just Malt's poor luck that he ended up coming to age in the age of the Galactic Empire. Still, that didn't stop him from going off to the Imperial Academy to do his civic duty. While there he excelled at engineering, particularly building engineering, and he was attached to an Imperial force to build and maintain fortifications.

His early years were not so bad. Most of the actions he was being sent on were ones to worlds that were actively resisting the Empire. Hell, some of them were even CIS hold outs that managed to remain free even ten years into the Empire. Malt wasn't a combat engineer thankfully. Most of his job was in constructing modular garrisons dropped from orbit. Preparing the terrain, fitting the pieces together, getting all the wiring and generators set in place. good, honest work.

Then about five years ago Malt's force was finally done with pacification actions, and instead was being used for planetary defense and long term garrison actions. This was finally his greatest challenge, since most long term fortifications couldn't be accomplished by drop and build prefabs, but actual construction. Doing masonry, installing long term plumbing, digging out foundations, real honest construction. He felt he was doing his part to make the galaxy better.

Until they had him build the slave labor camp.

He didn't know that was what it was at the time. The plans were titled "Standard Imperial Prison Template 22-V." When he asked his commander what was being built, he was told that it was an internment camp for dissidents. Having spend his career fighting dissidents, he didn't question it further. Then they started shipping in the Wookies from off world. He was told they were being sent here so as not to cause a hassle at home. Then they brought the younglings, and he was told the Empire did not want to tear the children away from their parents. Then the slave collars, and the beatings, and the labor gangs in the near-by mines, and the trucks being loaded with dead Wookies almost daily. By then the pretense of it being an internment camp was all but abandoned. It was Slave labor, pure and simple.

Malt couldn't stomach it. Back home on Coruscant he had known quite a few aliens, and while he didn't agree with the Empire's anti-Alien stance, he had sort of put it to the side, since he never saw anything. Well he sure was seeing it now. The guilt ate away at him, and finally he did something. See, the benefit of having built the prison, and countless other garrisons, is Malt knew Imperial design. He knew standard foundation depths, power cabling placements, as well as materials an their standard load bearings, shock thresholds, and melting points. He used that knowledge to cut power to the camp, collapse a few guard towers, and crumble three walls with well timed and placed explosives, freeing the Wookie laborers, his final act collapsing the near-by mine.

He was able to quickly get in contact with the Rebellion, who could use someone with his knowledge and skills. He has used them in liberating others from Imperial Bondage, and fights for the hope of a government that won't use anyone as slaves, much less slavery based on ones species.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Rutpom Naldod

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5f-xgvuhPeFckpia1VUU2QyMWM/view?usp=sharing

The Neimodians haven't been having a great couple of decades. For some reason, there's still hard feeling over that whole Separatist misunderstanding, and the fact that the Emperor comes from Naboo, a planet with a prejudice against the Neimodians, for some reason, doesn't help the situation. Although, come to think of it, there seem to be a lot of non-human races the Emperor doesn't seem to be that fond of. Neimoidians have a reputation for being cowardly, callous, and greedy. All lies, of course, or at least, calumnious exaggerations. But there is one Neimoidian who will redeem his people. Who will restore them to their rightful place among the galaxy, so they don't just have to pretend they're Duros with bad skin. There is one man....er alien who will make Neimodia great again. And that man is Rutpom Naldod.

Naldod is sure of one thing....the Empire must be destroyed. This belief started selfishly. He saw the prejudice and outright discriminatory laws that affected his people....affected him, and he decided he had to do something about it. But, as he started on his quest, he soon realized that the Neimodians weren't alone. With the exception of a few species, like the Sullustans, who were too economically powerful for the Empire to disrupt, non-humans everywhere were targets of the Empire. Not only that, the Empire was TERRIBLE for business. There's no academic security anymore. He knew he had to do something. But what could he do? How could he fight? He wasn't particularly strong, or fast, or good with weapons. He wasn't very notable. He couldn't contribute financially. In spite of the old stereotypes, he didn't actually have any credits. What he did have, though, was his words. He had learned very young that if he were very persuasive and charming, he might be able to avoid being beaten up by members of other stronger, more violent races. Surely he could use that to his advantage. He couldn't fight, but he could get others to fight for him. He would be the spark that would start the flame.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Krikkat - Verpine Slicer

Krikkat is not the operative the Rebellion wants, nor is he really what the Rebellion needs, he is however enthusiastically what the Rebellion has.

Krikkat was all set to be just another creative cog in the great technical innovation machine known as the Verpine Roche Hive, but he had grander ambitions. Krikkat wanted to travel the galaxy, find new computer systems and new cryptographic techniques, and dismantle them. He wanted to get his forelimbs dirty in the mud of a thousand worlds creating and destroying tech both cutting edge and old. He wanted to fuse the new with the old in a real life environment. Thus, it was a very good thing that Krikkat found himself becoming aware of various Imperial atrocities and the growing Rebellion against the Empire.

Thus Krikkat took what little he owned, and stowed away aboard a bulk freighter in search of the Rebellion. It turns out finding an active insurrection hoping to keep its activities covert is a lot more difficult than just running away from home, so Krikkat was stuck finding ways to ply his skills as he sought out the Rebellion to sign up. This led to his employment as a freelance slicer and datajack for criminal groups that targeted the Empire in the hopes that these groups would have rebel contacts. Through these groups he did find a contact to the Rebellion and he was in. So once again Krikkat took what little belongings he owned, drained the accounts of the criminals he was working with, stole a blaster owned by a CorSec officer, and fled to the Rebellion.

And now the Rebellion will never be rid of Krikkat.

Krikkat's Slicing Calling Card, Version 3

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 22, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is it too late to submit a concept?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is it too late to submit a concept?

Go for it

Axqu
Nov 28, 2016

I'm a hot bitch angel named Panty. And no matter what anyone says,
I DO WHAT I FUCKING WANT!
Rresiki- Trandoshan bounty hunter

Character Sheet

((Talk about getting in under the wire-- here we go. This got a little tiny bit darker than I intended at first so... eh... merry Christmas?))

"You caught a Trandoshan? How the gently caress did you manage something like that?"

"His back was turned and we hit him with a few darts. We're keeping him cold until we get back home. I dunno what we're going to do with him, but keep away from his mouth. He bites."

The hogtied trandoshan wriggled against her ropes, her eyes glazed over as the pirate raider's air conditioning system slowly sapped her strength. She attempted to roll away from the vent, or at least roll to her stomach, to protect it from the relentless cold. Her jagannath points were all gone, but if she didn't get warm soon, she'd lose everything. She managed to tip herself onto her stomach, jaws wide open to snarl her defiance, but she knew it wouldn't be enough. "...heat..." she croaked out, trying to make her captors understand. But all she heard when she lost consciousness was the laughter of pirates.

"--doshan's coming to! They kept him too cold, and I think they poisoned him!" The voice pulling her back into consciousness wasn't one she recognized. "He's going into shock!"

There was pressure on her abdomen, and she snarled, jaws snapping on empty air. Something was wrong. Something was horribly wrong. She thrashed against the straps holding her down, trying to get her claws into them. She had to get warm, had to get warm, had to get warm or she'd lose everything--

She felt a pressure against her mind and instantly reacted to it, snapping and thrashing even harder against the restraints. "It's a she, and we've gotta get her open! Now! NOW!"

All she remembered was excruciating pain in her abdomen before she again lost consciousness.

---------

Rresiki's hand drifted to the stone pendant around her neck. She rubbed her thumb over the back, already worn smooth by the rasp of hard scales against its surface, and stared out into the vastness of space. She never liked this part-- the waiting. She knew it was a vital part of the hunt, but she didn't like the downtime. Too much time to think. Too much time to ruminate.

The credits were good enough, working for the Rebels. Picking bits of pirate out of her teeth on a semi-regular basis provided a uniquely fun pastime, and the jagannath was good. Vital, really. There was more jagannath to be had using her bare claws.

Rresiki needed all the jagannath she could get, realistically speaking.

She'd always been good at killing, almost from the day she hatched. Track and kill, from day one. It only made sense to keep doing what she was good at for money. The thing about hiring someone who had recently lost everything was that often, they were willing to take on the more dangerous missions.

It was almost time. She cracked her knuckles and strapped in, ready to begin her descent to the planet's surface. Hopefully her employers weren't averse to a bit of mauling on her part.

And if they minded? Oh well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Enig Maxu - Givin Strategist

Character Sheet

The calculations of warfare aren't all that different from many other aspects of life. Resources are allocated, conditions analyzed, weaknesses leveraged. For Enig Maxu these calculations come second nature. As a logistician for a prominent retailer on Yag'Dhul Enig was responsible for the transference of billions of credits every cycle. While not a particularly important or noteworthy job, Enig was good at it and he enjoyed the work and the benefits it brought him and his family. Unfortunately it was this talent that brought about the attention of the Empire and would ultimately see Enig flee for the Rebellion. Over time as Enig worked he began to notice a series of disparities between his calculations and the actual results of his company. Upon investigation Enig discovered a correlating factor; worlds where the Galactic Empire and competing businesses run by Humans were located had a statistically significant reduction in profitability due to unexpected delays associated with customs, inspections, and impounds. Incorporating this new wrinkle was trivial, but by relocating resources to routes that appeared to be less profitable (unless the "Imperial factor" was included) Enig was able to maintain income. What Enig couldn't have known was that this change would catch the eye of both Imperial Intelligence and the Imperial Security Bureau, both of whom were highly interested in finding supply lines to the Rebellion. An alien company suddenly redirecting all transfers away from Imperial worlds and intentionally taking less profitable routes warranted suspicion.

In the span of a year Enig found his every move watched by both agencies. In fact it was only the infighting between II and ISB that kept Enig out of an Imperial interrogation cell; when one group would initiate a plan to pick him up the other would interfere in the hopes of rounding up conspirators that didn't exist. The conflict between II and ISB brought about the interest of Rebel Intelligence, who were just as eager to maintain their lines of supply as the Empire was to cut them. While the Imperials squabbled the Alliance moved swiftly and took Enig off-world. The Rebels were disappointed to discover that, rather than some kind of logistical savoir of the Rebellion, they had picked up a well-meaning data cruncher. Their mistake left Enig a wanted being, hunted by the Empire for crimes he wasn't even aware he had committed. The Empire's reprisal was brutal. His company was dismantled, with hundreds of innocent Givin interrogated and the survivors shipped to labor camps. His family endured the same fate. Even the most optimistic calculations Enig could make given them an insignificant chance of survival, a probability that decreases steadily with every passing cycle.

Left with little choice Enig joined the Alliance. His talents for logistics and calculations, coupled with his natural ability to research, proved valuable to the Rebellion. What he lacks in tactical skill he more than makes up for in strategic ability, and over the years Enig has grown into an established commander with a reputation for a cold efficiency. While not the most popular commander, he is easily one of the best prepared.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 24, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
This is the final call for applications. You have til midnight central (about 6 hours from now) to at bare minimum declare interest. Picks will be made tomorrow evening or Monday morning, depending on how long I am trapped at the in-laws

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
We have our player roster!

Hanaib Altaz played by Mustache Ride
Jek Lawquane played by Not Keyser Soze
Craal Dumann played by Waffleman_
Malt Kegan played by Werix
Rresiki played by Axqu

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

congratulations nerds, enjoy your star war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Okie dokie; the holidays are past, its time to have a Star War!

All five of my players should now be flagged as such on discord, and able to post in the Game1 channel. Try to keep game-specific OOC stuff in this thread (or in the general discord), if you need help with Discord related stuff, PM me here or on discord (or the other Admins) and we can get you all sorted out. I'll make an initial prompt post in the discord shortly.

• Locked thread