Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE Universal Championship
Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns

WWE Raw Women's Championship - 30 minute Iron Man Match
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Rich Swann vs TJ Perkins vs Brian Kendrick

10 Minute Time Limit
Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAW posted:

The New Day defeated Sheamus and Cesaro, and The Club
Kofi pinned Sheamus was a trouble in paradise, seemingly clinching the record for longest reigning tag champs. In the celebration backstage Stephanie had champagne poured on her and she was very mad so she made New Day defend the titles again later in the show against Kevin Owens and Chis Jericho

Braun Strowman defeated Curtis Axel
Squash match. He killed Axel and then laughed at Sami Zayn for thinking he could stand up to him. Backstage Sami and Mick were watching and Sami begged Mick to stop trying to protect him and let him wrestle Braun. Mick still said no so Sami demanded a trade to Smackdown

Ariya Daivari defeated Lince Dorado

Ariya won by DQ when Jack Gallagher came out and announced his intention to interfere in the match. They brawled and Jack ran him off.

Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens yelled at each other. Chris Jericho came out and JeriKO fought with Seth Rollins until Roman Reigns came out to even the odds. Together The Shield scared them off.

Rich Swann, TJ Perkins, and Brian Kendrick bickered backstage

Brian Kendrick defeated TJ Perkins
Decisive win with a sliced bread #2.

Bayley defeated Alicia Fox
Alicia Fox thinks Bayley is trying to steal Cedric Alexander from her. Bayley won with a belly to belly suplex

Rusev and Lana teased showing everyone a sex tape but it was footage of Rusev beating up Enzo from last week

Sami Zayn defeated Jinder Mahal
After the match Mick Foley came out and told Sami he was traded to SmackDown Live for a talent of equal value if he would sign the contract. He said Sami was going to be traded for Eva Marie and then Sami got really mad and demanded a match against Braun one more time. Mick said congratulations you passed the test and gave him the match.

The New Day defeated JeriKO and The Shield
Great match. Xavier got the pin on Jericho. Jericho and Owens fought after the match. Roman speared Owens and posed with the belts to end the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I still say the Discussion thread should be moved till after Smackdown.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if smackdown wants to own the discussion thread they need to win a majority of the contests at Survivor Series

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Jericho and Rollins really have no reason to fight each other now, do they?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

and i still say no!

gently caress the hell right off, oatgan

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you say i only hear what i want to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pretty soon we're going to have Reigns on all of those images

Drink it in

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Didn't they say the Wyatts are doing freebird rules?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretty soon we're going to have Reigns on all of those images

Drink it in

he lost tonight Chris James 2 he did not leave with the tag team titles

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Congrats to the New Day on a deserved if fake accomplishment.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Change the title to Meatloaf or a good Meatloaf song. I don't know a good Meatloaf song, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Intruder posted:

Didn't they say the Wyatts are doing freebird rules?

yes but the image was made before that was announced

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Landstander posted:

Congrats to the New Day on being a popular tag team while the record holders are in the midst of suing WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

he lost tonight Chris James 2 he did not leave with the tag team titles

2016 is not over, there's still plenty of time

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Writer Cath posted:

I still say the Discussion thread should be moved till after Smackdown.

People gotta decompress and discuss what happened on Raw.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Implication is almost certainly true but still they're good :shobon:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if anyone would like to know what i thought of Raw, i am available for shoot interviews

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't believe Bruno killed Harambe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mick Foley is a jerk for not trading Sami

also it's called the Bayley-to-belly suplex otagon :cmon:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Change the title to Meatloaf or a good Meatloaf song. I don't know a good Meatloaf song, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

oatgan posted:

if smackdown wants to own the discussion thread they need to win a majority of the contests at Survivor Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

TV Zombie posted:

People gotta decompress and discuss what happened on Raw.

A Raw crowd booed Sami Zayn continuing to wrestle on Raw.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brock Lesnar posted:

if anyone would like to know what i thought of Raw, i am available for shoot interviews

As in you're going to literally shoot us when we interview you

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If Rusev was still champion that champions.jpg picture would almost be good enough to frame and hang on a wall.

Edit: Or if Jericho beat Roman for the title a few weeks ago.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I can't believe Bruno killed Harambe

:D :D DICKS OUT MOTHERFRICKERS :D :D

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/808476908375654401
Man I appreciate Primo and Epico trying to make this gimmick work even though no one cares

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
how many belts does roman have now

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

4 inch cut no femmes posted:

how many belts does roman have now

Roman: None :( ............ oh wait, 1.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

RacistGuidingLight posted:

:D :D DICKS OUT MOTHERFRICKERS :D :D

:yeah:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Are the Slammy Awards next week? Or did they happen during one week where I slept through Raw?

I hope they do the thing where you gotta text a vote during a 3 minute commercial break. I want Neville to have 2 Slammies and walk to the ring with them for a year Owen Hart style.

Edit: When he walks to the ring on Superstars I mean.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
New Day was the best act in the company and the only thing making Raw watchable for MONTHS. They were given a bullshit gimmick and turned it around and got over and stayed over on their own. They 100% earned this, so if you're all "weh they did it to spite Demolition" please dump a bucket of ice water on your head.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I didn't watch raw and I am not planning to. Cancel raw.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Jack Gallagher is cool and thats the only takeaway i really have from raw

also roman reigns in another good match because he's the best

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

New Day was the best act in the company and the only thing making Raw watchable for MONTHS. They were given a bullshit gimmick and turned it around and got over and stayed over on their own. They 100% earned this, so if you're all "weh they did it to spite Demolition" please dump a bucket of ice water on your head.

New Day absolutely deserve it for how great they've been over the last year-and-a-half, but they definitely would have dropped the belts by now to The Club (and possibly regained it) if WWE wasn't prolonging this reign to spite Demolition so it's understandable if some folks are salty about it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The New Day are one of the best things to happen to the WWE in the 21st century and deserve every aspect of their success, it's the WWE's fault for not having a single interesting loving thing for them to do.

We had Enzo and Cass as ridiculously over hot-as-poo poo babyface tag team prospects and the WWE decided to never have them feud directly, for whatever reason.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I gotta say that I started the show not caring whether New Day broke the record or not (and preferring they not) to being really thrilled when they retained in the Main Event and locked in breaking the record. So from that point of view the show was a success!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta say that I started the show not caring whether New Day broke the record or not (and preferring they not) to being really thrilled when they retained in the Main Event and locked in breaking the record. So from that point of view the show was a success!

:agreed: :hfive:

Match was cool too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It would have been notable if it hadn't been that way

They're most definitely losing the belts this month, but they just beat every main event talent on the show in a single night and over the course of multiple matches. Hard not to be impressed, it's rare modern WWE has that kind of guts

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

still laffin' at steph having to put down new day and look cool is how that main got set up

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Change the thread title oatgan. Don't lose your pride in what you do.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just learned from @midnight that Booker T has thrown his hat in the mayoral race for Houston. And also he robbed a Wendy's at gunpoint. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

people like him can't be mayor

• Locked thread