Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Nosfereefer posted:

it seems like i can only download singular files, not the entire folder

that's odd. selecting the highest level folder should let you download everything.

but, well, try this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6w7zmKs7M6COFFpRFBnbzk4NlE

i was having trouble getting zipped folders to do poo poo earlier but this should work

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

that's odd. selecting the highest level folder should let you download everything.

but, well, try this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6w7zmKs7M6COFFpRFBnbzk4NlE

i was having trouble getting zipped folders to do poo poo earlier but this should work

thanks! im gonna get shitfaced and wreck this place

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkman Fanpage
you should let me out of my prison. im er uh normal now :D

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*hides hoofs in sleeves, antlers in giant winter hat*

POOL IS CLOSED

someone should probably get on with making more clothes before all the dwarves end up naked and angry

also our military is kind of a shambles, but we have steel!!!!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
uuuummmm, am i looking the wrong places or is the only place with flux stone and iron ore the layers ABOVE the entrance? this might actually not be enough in that case

can probably strip mine all those layers and build walls instead

POOL IS CLOSED

Nosfereefer posted:

uuuummmm, am i looking the wrong places or is the only place with flux stone and iron ore the layers ABOVE the entrance? this might actually not be enough in that case

can probably strip mine all those layers and build walls instead

i'm pretty sure there's more flux stone in the depths, but hematite ore is mainly in the upper reaches. on the plus side, it's easy to reach! :sun:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

vanisher

I gave darkman fanpage a huge amount of work to do before I gave up the fort. I'd be interested to see if he's finished.

We could have him dig out and smooth rooms, then wall himself into a smaller area so he could contribute.

Nosfereefer

okay, so im basically going to rebuild the entire entrance so we can claim ALL the steel. rooms will be left intact, but the entire front of the fort will be an imposing, straight wall 6 levels up, w/ arrow slits, balistaes or w/e. it's gonna be YUUGE and luxurious. the gobbos will pay for it (in the extra iron they contribute)

Nosfereefer

this will also include a grand smelting area, mass drafting of smelters, smiths and burners, deforestation, etc

POOL IS CLOSED

yessss

but maybe leave a few trees for cider :beerpal:

Nosfereefer

stretch goal for this year is to rebuild all the interior parts to proper rock. dirt walls are for elves and kobolds

Nosfereefer

im not going to build balistaes tho

thing about them is that you construct them out of a certain number of ballista parts, made with the siege workshop labour. this is extremely skill based, as the final siege weapons accuracy is directly affected by the quality of all it's parts. that means you've got to make 100s of parts before even hoping to make a decent one. the final product is still inaccurate, the ammo is expensive, it can only hit stuff on the same Z-level. in addition any dwarf who mans it is gonna panic as soon as he sees the enemy, SO IT WILL NEVER FIRE ANYWAY

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Make Our Dwarf Fortress Great Again

Nosfereefer

this is a small teaser

POOL IS CLOSED

petrified wood makes red blocks :black101:

we also got cobaltite down below, it rocks

MrWillsauce

make like a big rear end moat. water will freeze in the winter so use lava instead

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Make a big trench and fill it with weredeer.

Nosfereefer

MrWillsauce posted:

make like a big rear end moat. water will freeze in the winter so use lava instead

maybe a lava... waterfall?

POOL IS CLOSED

Arkanomen posted:

Make a big trench and fill it with weredeer.

chain up the weredeer in front of the fort, use them as greeters

MrWillsauce

hellll yeah

Nosfereefer

if all the dwarves became weredeers, they wouldnt attack each other, right?

Nosfereefer

okay so was running out of rock ever a problem in df? gonna carve out a ton of 3x3 bedrooms just to get the materials

POOL IS CLOSED

Nosfereefer posted:

if all the dwarves became weredeers, they wouldnt attack each other, right?

they wouldn't, but they would wreck the whole drat fortress once a month

Nosfereefer

okay, so massive infrastructure initiatives, enormous expansion of steel production, mass housing - we're gonna whip this backwards peasant fort into an economic superpower before the goblins reach us. the residents are encouraged to refer to me as the "steel dwarf"

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

they wouldn't, but they would wreck the whole drat fortress once a month

my recollection is that I attacked some fellow weredeer pretty good?

I promise to be very polite if made a greeter, though

Nosfereefer

Subjunctive posted:

NO YOU STAY IN THE GULAG!

POOL IS CLOSED

Subjunctive posted:

hmm. at least, weredwarves of the same werefamily didn't used to...

Nosfereefer

[edit] the stone thieves have been identified: deceitful third columnist using out stone to make decadent stone crafts and coffers. the counter-revolutionaries have since been reeducated to do their patriotic duty for glorious motherland

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 24, 2017

Nosfereefer

as the tireless worker-soldiers of the peoples republic of greatdank construct our mighty defence against the fascist invaders, our greatly expanded industrial labour class brings glory by their works!

they are well fed through our faithful agricultural bureau

our captive fascist infiltrator tries to deviously erase his past of defying the will of the motherfortess

vanisher

Darkman Fanpage has a pickaxe and could dig out contained areas below him, like a mining machine that needs no food or drink but must always be contained within his walls

POOL IS CLOSED

use him to explore the lower caverns

vanisher

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

use him to explore the lower caverns

Yes! He could dig straight down

Nosfereefer

vanisher posted:

Yes! He could dig straight down

unorthodox, but viable! the people's stairs will be his payment for our blood

Nosfereefer

the humans bring their slave-wrought toys, of which we have no interest of.

they also bring a LOT news, which i've not bothered to read

the patriotic wall has reached its 4th level!

POOL IS CLOSED

the people's wall of triumphant patriotism will surely cow any h*ckin goblins that make it this far

Darkman Fanpage
big beautiful wall

Nosfereefer

and our deerish infiltrator has discovered a land beneath the land!

Nosfereefer

it's basically a closed lake at this size, not an actual under-level :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED

Nosfereefer posted:

it's basically a closed lake at this size, not an actual under-level :/

that's not bad, another water source. you could set up a 3rd 4th hospital there!

• Locked thread