Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Set somewhere up in the mountains, amid tall pine trees and hiking trails, lies Camp Wannakissee. Founded in the early 1700s when several wealthy Ukrainian royals "liberated" several thousand acres from the natives, Camp Wannakissee has been handed down through the years to a variety of eccentric owners—including, at one point, a secessionist that dubbed the property "New, New England, by Kenny Davids."

Whatever the case, it's now a summer camp, complete with dozens of cabins, a fully-functioning cafeteria, and an administrative building complete a camp store. Activities at Wannakissee include taking a dip in the frigid Lake Friezemoff, tackling a monstrous climb up Mount Bone, and trying your hand over at the Bonny Denver Shaw Memorial ropes course!

Of course, your parents sent you here expecting this, you came expecting this, but we all know, it'll probably end up like this. So buckle up, campers—it's going to be a hot, hot summer!

Camp Wannakissee Operations Report
Case File G3TD-0 WN

The following campers have been identified as deficient and should report tomorrow at 0700 for further instruction.

Cabin Leader: Fiona James by Waffleman_

Anastasiya Doroshenko by Tricky
June Whitewillow by Tardzilla
Riley Shannon by Shootaboy
Morgan Delacroix by animedragonfly
Victoria Chase-Pruett by PoultryGeist

Please bring all personal belongings. Please do not inform your fellow campers or parents. This is not a drill. This file has been classified by the United States government. Digital transmission of this document is in violation of the Douglass Act S304.b2. Have a nice day.

Camphearts 2 DB
OOC Thread
Discord Chat

Camp Wannakissee - Administrative Cabins - 0700

Boy, it's early. The sun is just barely peeking through the trees... steam rolling off the lake... cooks smoking behind the cafeteria... Ahh. Summer.

You brush some sleep out of your eyes and yawn. There's six of you here... what could be happening? The door to the main administrative cabin slams open... and out comes Ms. Schmitt - senior counselor and kind of a badass. She's intimidating enough in her office - but well-known for her "counseling hikes." Oh god. You're going on a counseling hike.

Ms. Rachel Schmitt

Schmitt flashes everyone a big smile. "Okay, campers, you know the drill! We're gonna be gone all day, so grab some water and snacks," she says, pointing to a few buckets off to the side, "Then line up! Fio, you've done this before, right?"

Counseling hikes are a myth among campers - few have ever gone on one... and even less have returned to tell the tale! Supposedly about "building character" and "implementing corrective action," it's basically a cruel combination of camp activity and torture. The only one consistent thing about all the rumors? That it's a hike straight up the side of Mount Bone. *Gulp*

Everyone: What do you think of the "counseling hike?" Why do you think you're here?

Fiona: No! You've definitely never done this before. And Cabin Fever's tonight! You don't want to miss that, now do you? Are you worried that you will? Also... you seem to be #2 in charge here... what do you think of the other "rejects?" Do you know any of them already?

Ana: Remedial program?! Surely you don't deserve to be here. Decide - is this some sort of message from your family? What do you think they're trying to tell you? Or - do they have some sort of special mission or task for you to do? What could it be?

June: M-m-mountain? That's a long ways away from the lake! How do you feel about being forced to head away from water? Also... Ana - she's asked you about relationships, right? Do you think you're the right person to be showing her? Or are you exactly the right person to be showing her (*wink wink*)?

Riley: Alright! A hike! This poo poo is right up your alley. Still, something's bothering you, right? Who is more intimidating to you, Fio or Schmitt? By the way... what's that weird smell in the air? What direction is it coming from?

Morgan: Ugh, this is kind of bothersome, right? You can't really enjoy the pleasures of the world from up on a mountain. Do you think Constance did this? Oh, and... you're the only maybe guy here. How does that make you feel? And Victoria's here! How do you feel about her right now, seeing as she... knows your secret? Still... you know hers...

Victoria: This sure is a weird group. Still, you've been around long enough - you've seen "counseling hikes" before. Are they really as scary as they seem? How do you feel now that you have to go on one? Also... you spot Morgan and June. This is getting complicated fast. How do you feel about those two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Highlights

Fio is Hot also highlight Riley
Ana is Cold also highlight June
June is Dark also highlight Ana
Riley is Volatile also highlight Fio
Morgan is Hot also highlight Victoria
Victoria is Cold also highlight Morgan

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

Well for Fio ta be more intimidatin' than well... anyone she'd have ta be intimidatin' in the first place! So I guess that means Ms. Schmitt wins by default, even though I never really thought about any of that. Either way, I'm happy ta be out on the only proper mountain around! And as far as why we're here, remedial schmedial! They can stick whatever fancy talk they want on it, for whatever reasons they got, it won't change the fact that we're still just at camp!

I double check all my gear; camel pack check, snacks and lunch check, extra socks check, other bits check! I tie my hair up under a bandanna ta keep it out of my and ta help keep my head cool, and re-tie my boots to make sure they're snug but not too tight. Strap my pack on and I'm good ta go! The lake's fun and all, but it'll never compare ta the mountains! Plus if I'm out of the camp, I'll probably be able ta figure out what that smell is. I can't place it, which is weird enough on it's own, but then it gets even weirder 'cause it seems like it's only comin' from downwind. Smells ain't supposed to work like that. And I figure that if I'm not in the middle of people and food and stuff, I'll have an easier time figurin' out what's goin' on with this smell.

Either way, I'm more than happy about today!

Fio seems like she's a bit volatile today.

quote:

Riley Shannon
The Werewolf
Look: Feisty, Wolf eyes
Origin: Ancestral Power

Hot 2
Cold -1
Volatile 1
Dark -1

Moves
Heightened Senses
When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. If you act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your first roll.
On a 7-9, ask one: Where’s my best escape route or way in? Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me? What’s their secret weakness? What poses the biggest threat to me? Who’s in control here?

Uncontainable
When you attempt to escape any form of physical entrapment, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, you escape. On a 7-9 the MC will offer you a hard bargain: agree if you want to escape.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions: Overconfident

Oh dear. A counseling hike....

I mean, they aren’t as bad as some people say: no one has actually died. Granted there were several broken bones the year the rope bridge collapsed, but that was an exception. Not that they’re all sunshine and roses, most return with blisters and scrapes and bruises. The Camp isn’t supposed to send folks home if they aren’t breaking the rules, but there is always the occasional malingerer. So if you round them up and make them do something that makes them quit voluntarily, win-win.

Wait, does this mean they think I’m a malingerer? How rude.... I mean Ms. Schmitt did look at me oddly when I told her Miss Jones couldn’t have been causing a ruckus at night because I knew for a fact she was sleeping, but I just thought she didn’t believe me. But maybe she’s involved in the plot to besmirch Miss Jones’ good name? And I really wish she would have told us before I got dressed. My dress isn’t technically real so its not as itchy and confining as a wool one would be, but its still not a good ensemble for mountain hiking. Well, worse comes to worst, I can always throw myself off a cliff and re-corporealize back in my cabin.

I walk over and begin to pack my bag, keeping an eye on my companions, watching for signs of strain. Morgan is Morgan, unreadable as ever. I catch myself watching a drop of dew slide down their neck, and look away. As… tempting as their offers of physical intimacy has been I’m far more interested in the inner turmoil they keep locked away. June is extremely readable, I can almost taste her confusion and fear from here. But she too refuses to open up to me, repeatedly stating ‘everything is fine’. I’ve seen how Miss Doroshenko treats her, and overly controlling paramours were common when I was alive. Perhaps there will be time on the hike to separate them so June and I can… chat. Yes, chat. I only need what’s in her soul, the fact that her fears are wrapped in a tight, lithe form is completely besides the point. That lithe form wrapped around me, wrapped around Morgan, wrapped around both of-.

No, stop. You’re dead, Victoria Chase-Pruett and its time to start acting like it.

Morgan is pretty Cold at times

quote:

Name: Victoria Chase-Pruett, the Ghost
Look: out-of-place, unnerving eyes
Origin: a tragic accident
Stats:
Hot 0
Cold 1
Volatile -1
Dark 1

Moves:
Unresolved Trauma: Whenever you project the blame and trauma of your death onto your
current situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, give two people the blamed condition. On a 7-9, give up to two people the blamed condition, but for each, choose one:
*You gain the delusional condition,
*You can’t speak during this scene,
*You suffer one harm,
*You start re-enacting the scene of your death.

Hungry Ghost: You find sustenance in sadness. When others dump their emotional problems on you, roll with dark. On a 10 up, they lose all their conditions, and you choose one:
*Mark experience,
*Carry one forward,
*Gain a String on them
On a 7-9, they choose one:
*They lose all their conditions,
*They gain a String on you.

Darkest Self:
You become invisible. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication. You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another’s characters. This can be spoken by your character, or simply asked player-to-player. The other person must answer honestly and directly.

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 17, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 0/5 | Conditions: None!

My presence with this group -- this remedial group -- on a counseling hike is somewhat suspicious. I can't imagine my behavior to this point having raised any concerns with my father. This leads me to the conclusion that it must be some sort of test. Perhaps there is some truth to the rumors that swirl around the camp. The legend of the treasure of Mount Bone. I believe it is usually claimed that it resides in some sort of cavern near the peak of the mountain? It may have something to do with my father's plan to reclaim his humanity -- and drag the rest of us along with him, of course. I will need to take any opportunity that arises to investigate. In the mean time, I plan to enjoy the hike. I have spent much of my youth in these woods. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I know them quite well.

I look over the rest of the campers. June is here, of course, as is the imposing figure of Riley. The others, though, are less familiar to my eyes. I cannot comprehend the form or conduct of Morgan. Their insistence on defying what I understand of human gender roles muddies much of my studies. I will need to confer with June on how to approach this one. Victoria is another strange one. She insists on wearing an elaborate dress, even now on the hike. Is it not unusual? Are there not more convenient clothes that she might wear? There is also Fio, our nominal leader, though she is lacking in her usual pack of hangers-on.

I walk over to the elaborately dressed woman and offer her a filled bladder of water, "Excuse me, Victoria, are you lacking in hydration for today's hike?" I do my best to smile in the approved human fashion. What was it that June said was traditional? I could not recall. No matter. I had surely taken her lessons to heart.

June seems to be sweating already. Is it really that Hot?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:26 PM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6+1 Turn On the Ghost! = (1+2)+1 =

Tricky fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 15, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

This is fine. Everything is fine. Yep. I'm not having a panic attack at all. Oh my God I'm having a panic attack.

Calm down, June. Remember, deep breaths. You've just been having a... really stressful week, that's all. First there was Ana holding my pelt hostage, then there was the whole jock-strap incident, and now they're only making me hike UP A MOUNTAIN!

What did I do to deserve this? I thought I did everything right! I followed my instructions as best as I could, is that not enough!? I didn't break any rules, and I have been nothing but obedient to the counselors, so why do I have to take this death hike!? Am I being punished? Is this about the whole incident with the jock-strap? It wasn't my fault that all those things caught on fire! Okay it was kind of my fault but how was I supposed to know that would happen!?

And the worst part? Being away from the water. No place to swim, and no place to help calm my nerves. I'll have to deal with all this without the comfort of the water.

Ughhhhh, and Ana's here, too? She's been looking at me for advice on relationships. Am I really the right person for that? There are so many more people who are more experienced in human mating rituals than I am. Perhaps this is a good time to learn?

Well, I suppose things can't be all that bad. I have my bag of donuts with me! And Riley is here, too.

Riley... look at her. So confident, strong, and brave. We are about to head off on a potentially dangerous trip, but she doesn't look scared at all. She looks... excited. How does she do it? I... I should ask her. For advice. Yes. Advice.

I walk closer to Riley. Wow, she is... a lot taller up close. "H-hi," I stutter out. Okay, I have her attention. Now I just need to talk to her. "....Um..." Okay, talking is proving far more difficult than I thought it would be. I lift my head to look at her, but the moment I meet her gaze, my entire face goes red, and I move my head down. I put my hands behind my back, and look down at my shuffling feet. How is this so... hard? Just... say anything! Something! "Do... do you... uh... d-do you want a donut!?" I quickly take out a donut from my bag, and hold it in front of her, my entire body shaking in the process.

Ana has a pretty Dark edge to her.

quote:

8:24 AM <HugzillaPhone> June turning on the wolf
8:24 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 12 = 12

Taking a string, and marking xp!

The Selkie posted:

Name: June Whitewillow
Look: bedraggled, confused eyes
Origin: breaking the rules about land-dwelling

Stats:
Hot 0
Cold 1
Volatile -1
Dark 1

Moves:

 Outer Skin
When you wear your pelt you look like a seal. Without it, you can swim like a human, but with it you can breathe underwater and swim like the dickens, and, if you want to, return to The Deep Kingdom. If you do return there, it’s for good, so make a new character.

 Their Word
People can steal your pelt, but never destroy it. When someone withholds your pelt and demands that you do something for them before they’ll give it back, add 1 to rolls you make in pursuit of that task. If they don’t return your pelt, take a String on them, and they'll give you another task.

 Catch of the Day
Whenever you don’t understand what’s going on or what someone means, and it gets you into trouble or leads you to make unwise choices, mark experience.

Darkest Self:
People have mistreated you and made you an outcast here. It’s time to show them how it feels to be lost at sea, to be apart from the things you have loved, to have parts of your identity stolen from you. So you will flood the Earth. You will destroy what they cherish. And you will take their pelts. You escape your Darkest Self when this place reminds you of home, or when you recognize what you came here for.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, it counts as submerging yourself in water. Since all oceans tell you their secrets, gain a String on someone else they’ve had sex with.

Backstory:
You’ve seen someone swimming, but they either didn’t see or didn’t recognize you. Gain a String on them.

Someone stole your pelt, withholding it from you to make you their errand boy. They said they'll give it back. Each gain a String on one another, and they say the first task they've given you.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 15, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh she is just adorable! She's so nervous! Poor girl must never have been on a mountain hike before! I just have ta help her calm down and see how much fun bein' out in the wild is! Heck that's what I always wanted ta do with these city folk, but I just hadn't figured out a way ta do it yet. If she's gonna come ta me, then I ain't gonna complain! Sure as shoot makes it easier, that's for sure! I happily take the offered donut and sneak a quick bite from it.

"Why thank you kindly... June, right?" I put my free hand on her shoulder and lower my voice a bit. "Nervous about your first hike, huh? Well don't you worry none! Just stick close ta me and we'll get you through it just fine! Sound good ta you, June?"

[12:08:30] <ShootaBoy> Turn On June
[12:08:35] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+2
[12:08:35] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 7+2 = 9
Self/Promise/String?

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 16, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Meep!" My whole body tenses up when she touches my shoulder. I try to form words, but nothing but incomprehensible gibberish comes out of my mouth. Why does it feel like my heart is about to burst from my chest? I shake my head, and try to regain my composure, or at least, enough of my composure so I could form sentences again. "Y-yes! The hike! I-I-I uh, never did anything like this before, so I'm, uh, a bit nervous," I gulp, "And yes! That sounds good! Very good!" I nod my head vigorously, "I'll stick by as close as I can to you! I promise I'll listen to everything you say!"

Promising to listen to any advice Riley will give me during the hike.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

I watch June and Riley from across the clearing, and feel a flutter in what’s left of my heart. While Miss Shannon would no doubt be a better companion than Miss Doroshenko, she’s a simple creature and can’t offer June the full breadth of emotional support that I could. If she could only see that I had her best interests at heart…

I realize that I’ve been staring at the same time that I realize Miss Doroshenko is next to me. I regard her without blinking for a moment before I remember that frightens mortals. She’s offering a waterbottle with a smile, but I can see it doesn’t touch her eyes. She’s posturing, trying to playact nice while plotting something. Does she know? No matter. While Amelia Watkins caught me off-guard, I’ve had over a century to perfect my turnabout. All thanks to a little book titled Miss Shaperly’s Guide to Proper Courtship Techniques

I return the smile, with a slight down-tilt of my head. “Why that is most kind of you.” I wince inwardly as my Mid-Atlantic accent cuts the air. Still can’t get rid of it, but I bull forwards anyways. I take the watter bottle, letting my fingertips graze her wrist slightly. “One can’t be too careful in the wild outdoors, can we Anastasiya.” A minor tilt of my head exposes more of my neck. “May I call you Anastasiya, Miss Doroshenko?”

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:43 PM
@Victoria (PoultryGeist): 2d6+0 Use 1890s Game to Turn On Ana = (4+4)+0 = 8
Self/Promise/String?

Taking XP for rolling Hot

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 17, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Victoria may have a string.

I can feel my tension melt away as Victoria accepts the water-bladder, her cool fingers playing across my wrist. A successful human interaction. Yes. This is good. First I will master the giving of gifts and then move on to ever more elaborate interactions. The sight of her neck, pale and creamy in the morning light, stirs new instincts to life. For a moment, I envision myself twisting around her, demonstrating dominance as my fangs sink into her skin. Then we would align our- Wait. No. That is not the human way. My breath shudders forth as I struggle to maintain my composure.

I smile at her again, mimicking the shape of her mouth and the creases in her eyes, "Of course, Victoria. Please feel free. And, yes, I have heard there are many dangers in the area. It would not do at all for anything to befall the group."

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Excellent, it seems Miss Shaperly’s advice works as well on modern ladies as it purported to on Victorian gentlemen. But… was that a hint of anxiety in Anastasiya’s eyes? Have I been too focused on June and Morgan to notice other fears? And while its true that June is one of those ‘all-you-can-eat’ buffets of negative emotions, perhaps the others could at least be hors d'oeuvres. And turning the tables on a plotter like Anastasiya would totally show Amelia Watkins she hadn’t gotten the better of me after all. Well, it would if she wasn’t dead already.

I sling my bag and open my parasol, and offer my elbow to Anastasiya. “Shall we walk together Anastasiya? My parasol is big enough for two, and it wouldn’t do to get too much sun. And I’ve found that long walks are ever so much more fun with someone to chat with.”

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

For a moment, I stare blankly at Victoria's elbow. What could it signify? A veiled threat? A ploy for dominance? My discussions and lessons with June had not yet progressed to that point. Think, Ana, think. She had just accepted a gift. Perhaps this was an indication of gratitude? I could not continue to wait, lest she begin to suspect that I was suspecting her in turn. I must mirror the poise and confidence of Riley. I smile at Victoria, the gesture coming more naturally with each attempt, and brush against her body as I thread my arm through hers, "Most certainly, Victoria, I would much enjoy your company on this excursion."

It was unfortunate that I would be deprived of the opportunity to bask in the hot sun, but it should prove to be a most interesting hike.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hot 1 Cold 1 Volatile 0 Dark -1

"Er...no, ma'am."

THIS SUCKS. I...I'm a model cabin leader! What the heck did I do to get stuck on a counseling hike?! Could this be some kinda training? Yeah, it's gotta be! They trust me enough to let me handle the difficult campers, right?!

....Man, we gotta be back by 8, right? It's like...illegal to not to. It'll look really bad if I miss Cabin Fever. What'll the guys do without me? No, of course we'll be back by then! And Cabin Fever's pretty much all night, so I can afford to be late. Calm down, Fio. You're gonna be the big dog on camp this summer.

I look at the campers I've basically been put in charge of. I know Riley, that's for sure. She's been spending the entire week trying to undermine me. What a bitch. Well, nothing to be done. I adjust my backpack and take the lead, looking back at the campers.

"Okay, guys, the faster we get through this, the faster we can all go back to our cabins!"

Riley is fuckin' Cold.

quote:

The Queen

Look: Domineering, Calculating eyes
Origin: Camp Counselor

Moves:

The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the following strengths for your gang:
-They're talented (Wilderness survivalists)

The Shield
When you’re surrounded by your gang, subtract 1 from any rolls against you. (NPCs act at a Disadvantage.)

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition one of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self:

They’ve failed you. This is all their fault, and there’s no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1

I felt like a boy this morning when I dressed .. A loose fitting tank that showed off quite a bit of chest and tight fitting jeans .. this hike is a bunch of bull .. it was not my fault those boys didnt know when to stop drinking .. and its not my fault they went streaking through miss 'stick up rear end's cabin .. they should be here not me .. i did nothing wrong.. *wink*

This sort of physical activity is not for me so if they want me to quit it would be the way to do it.. but they underestimate my will to actually be here .. and if they really want me gone they will have to try harder than this. At least Vic is here ..i'm sure her prim little rear end hates it when
I call her that, but it makes me smile and that's what its all about

"hey Vic get my stuff too while you are over there .. " there was no need to get myself even more sweaty than I already was.. then I saw it .. the sight of a blush on the ghosts cheeks .. I didn't even know ghosts could blush it made me laugh to myself softly

Victoria seems a bit Hot to me

Then Ana walked over to her there was something off about that girl.. and she was talking to my friend .. if this was going to be tolerable I need Vic's attention all to myself . I would walk over and toss an arm around Victoria "you two look all cozy what are you talking about .. " I would smile but my eyes said something completely different.. "Isn't there somewhere else you should be?" head canted to the side some as I looked at Ana "I think she will be just fine .. " I half smiled at her and turned Vic away to look at the snacks .. "so what should we pick"

Shut down Anastasia: 2d6+1 9

exchange conditions
Ana is Taken off guard

(im still very new to MH so if i mess something up please don't feel bad telling.. and i'm not really sure how the conditions work .. sorry)

animedragonfly fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 16, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Great!" My voice drops to somethin' soft and reassurin', the kind of voice I used when I'm helpin' some poor, scared animal. "You can start by calmin' down, ok? This sorta thing is supposed ta be fun and you can't enjoy it if you're all stressed out." Then it's back ta normal. "Now c'mon! We don't wanna get let everyone else get too far ahead!"

I have a new friend to show how great this all is, I'm in the mountains (well, mountain, but that's close enough), today is gonna be GREAT!

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions:

I start at Morgan’s embrace, I’d been so focused on Anastasiya I hadn't seen them approach. I flush a bit at the contact, and then even more as negativity fills the air around me. I’m not usually this close to the genesis of fears, and the effect is bracing. But still, decorum. And as fascinating as Mogan is, they must know I am my Own Woman.

“Morgan you absolute cad, you startled me.” Its said with a half-smile so they knows its not unwelcome. “But you’re being rude, and you know I can't abide churlishness.” I'm still smiling, but there’s ice in my voice.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:03 PM
@Victoria (PoultryGeist): 2d6+1 Shut Down Morgan = (2+4)+1 = 7
Exchange Conditions, I give Morgan Admonished
Taking XP for rolling Cold

I can see that my correction of Morgan’s behavior was not entirely welcome and call upon Miss Shaperly’s wisdom once more to try and smooth over the ruffled feathers. I lean into Morgan’s embrace, allowing our *gasp* shoulders to touch and bat my eyelashes at them. “Miss Doroshenko is all by her lonesome, and we should be hospitable. Just think of the fun we three could have together Morgan.”
Spending a String to offer Morgan xp for letting Anastasiya join us

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 17, 2016

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 1/5 | Conditions: Admonished

I would return that half smile when called a cad .. because it was mostly true.. then Vic scolded me and I felt like a school boy being scolded my a teacher ... (it is kinda hot) and would blush slightly and let out a soft chuckle"ahh well I suppose .. you know the outdoors in this direct sunlight is not my thing .. it makes me grumpy"

I would straighten a bit and offer a hand to Anastasiya "if Vic wants you about then how can i say no to her" My mind went straight to all the 'fun' things they could do .. Victoria was fun to be around and all but not proper feeding material and I could just taste Ana's skin .. the thought almost made me shudder in a good way but i pushed it back

"tho i am definitely not calling you Anastasiya that is far to long ..so it will be Ana form now on" I smiled at her slightly then turn my attention back to Vic.. "why don't you elaborate on those 'fun' things you were talking about"

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:11 AM
@Morgan (ADF): 2d6+2 Turn On Victoria = (2+5)+2 = 9
Self/Promise/String?

give Victoria Over Confident condition

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Make sure y'all are noting your highlights in the minisheets under your headers - along with explicitly stating when you're gaining experience from them.

ADF: can't tell if your Exp is from accepting PG's proposal, case in point.

Administrative Cabins - 0717

A voice shouts at all of you above the growing chatter, "Hey! This is a remedial program! That means get your butts in gear!" Ms. Schmitt! Right! Better get moving!

You all get your packs secured then hit the trailhead with Ms. Schmitt. She leads the way, and at a pace like hers, is quickly lost from sight up ahead. Presumably she'll stop at every trail junction - well, unless she wants you all getting lost - but that could never happen, right? Anyways, for now, your group is more or less alone as you slowly climb towards the base of Mount Bone. The cold morning air is highlighted by patches of fog and dew on pretty much everything. Still, the majestic forest around you makes a stunning background for... wait, what was it that you were talking about again?

Ana: Well, your introduction to Victoria didn't go so well, but she seemed to take it just fine. Morgan's intrusion on your conversation with Victoria can't be welcome, right? Or, do you play along with Victoria playing at peacemaker? Are you willing to share her attention? What are you going to do about it?

Morgan: Victoria wants hang out with Ana? Ugh, this can't be good, right? What do you most fear about the imposing girl? There's a rumor that she's related to the camp's owners. Do you dare repeat a rumor as a way to insult her for being on a remedial hike? (Also, give Victoria a condition and please respond to PD's String proposal)

Victoria: Well... two people vying for your attention. That's got to feel good, right? Or, are you worried that this sudden exposure could lead to your secret getting public? What's the worst case scenario here? Do you pull away from them to avoid it?

Riley: Mountain! June! Fun! Wait... the smell... it's getting clearer. Yep. That's a bear. A big, mean, aggressive bear. What else can you tell about it from the smell? It isn't close yet... but you're headed in its direction. Do you say anything to anyone about it?

June: Mountain! Hike! Scary! But... Riley seems nice and is more than happy to help you out. Yay maybe you can hang out and chat all day long - oh no! From the corner of your eye, you can see Ana and Morgan glaring at each other... this can't be good - especially with your fealty to Ana. Do you go over and do something?

Fio: Hey! Everybody else is grouping up... without you! You should be the center of attention, right? What are you going to do to take the lead?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 0/5 | Conditions: Taken Off Guard

My eyes narrow as I consider the interloper. Morgan is not following the established social norms as I understand them. Is it not customary for humans to group up in pairs for activities such as this? June had mentioned nothing of larger groups. I could feel my tail aching to escape its confinement within my human guise, eager to rattle a warning to the confusing being that it was intruding on my territory. I bite back the urge and instead nestle a bit further into Victoria's side, disappearing within the shade of the umbrella. There will be time to address these wrongs later. It will not do to ruin the inroads I had just made.

Morgan receives the condition "Snake Food."

It seems, from the exchange that follows, that my decision has proven to be wise. Victoria speaks on my behalf and orders the confusing one to fall in line. This is good. I seem to have found one of the so-called "human alphas." She will surely bring great benefit to the family. The cool feeling against my skin as I continue to brush against her elaborate garb is also most pleasing. I have misunderstood the situation with Morgan. Why should I waste my energy defending my presence from Victoria's subordinate? Instead, I should work to continue refining my skills at human interactions.

I accept Morgan's hand and regale her with my perfected smile, "You may call me, Ana, yes. I look forward to these fun times on today's hike. These woods offer many opportunities for enjoyment."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:10 AM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6+1 Ana Turns On Morgan = (6+1)+1 =

Morgan either gives Ana a string, gives themselves to her, or promises her something that they think she wants to hear.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Overconfident

Damned Morgan. Effortlessly mastering the seduction that I’ve studied so hard to use. So insolent, so… sexy. Luckily Ms. Schmitt’s call to action saves me from doing anything more embarrassing than blushing fiercely at Morgan’s insinuations.

Giving a String to Morgan

I know I should be playing things differently, keeping to the background, biding my time. The dead can afford to be patient after all. But being in the thick of it is so energizing, its like being in one of Mother’s novels. The ones she read after the sherry was opened. With Morgan on one side and Anastasiya on the other, I almost feel alive again. The parasol arcs back and forth between the two of them as I hum contentedly to myself.

And really, why shouldn’t I enjoy myself like this? Being dead is literally the worse thing that could happen to someone. I mean the current crop of campers could stop talking to me, but next summer there would be new fears to taste. I suppose that if word that Camp Wannakissee was haunted got out, it might draw those idiot ghosthunters. Low-brow morons wandering around all night, shouting insults and waving their devices. How... guache.

We enter a misty hollow and I sigh contentedly. “Such a beautiful morning, is it not? I do hope we make the tunnel by lunch. Such interesting spaces to explore.”

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

It's... weird. Normally I'd be absolutely terrified right now. We've lost sight of Ms. Schmitt, and there's a very high chance we'll all get lost and be eaten by something terrifying and big, but I... don't feel scared at all? Don't get me wrong, I'm still really nervous, but... I don't feel like I am in danger? Being around Riley is very... comforting. She is so nice, maybe the friendliest person I have ever met, and I feel... safe around her. I bring myself a little closer to her, and wrap my arm around hers. I'm sure she wouldn't mind Wait, am I smiling? I'm actually smiling! It's been so long, I almost forgot what it was like! This is... nice. It's almost enough to make me forget about...

...Ana?

O-oh no! Ana! Why are you and Morgan looking at each other like that? Did you say something wrong? Oh, oh no! If things go bad between her and Morgan, then she'll get angry, and I'll never get my pelt back! I should do something! Oh, wait, but that would I'd have to leave Riley's side. Maybe... I don't have to help? Maybe Ana will be fine on her own? Yea! She'll be perfectly fine! I can just stay here, and continue talking with my new best friend, Riley! But, wait, I did promise to help her, and she still has my pelt. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what do I do!?

"I'm, uh, sorry, Riley. I need to check on my, uhhh, friend? Ana. I'll-I'll be back soon, okay? And-and we can talk more, about, you know, hiking stuff!" I give her a nervous smile, before I turn and hurriedly make my way to them.

I stand in front of the three, and nervously yell out, "Hi!" Okay, I got their attention. Now what do I do? "....Uhhhhhhhhhh, hi! My name is June! But you all know that already, don't you? Ha ha ha ha ha! Why am I even introducing myself? We already know each other! I know you, Ana! And I know you, Victoria! And I..." I squint at Morgan and adjust my glasses, "I.... kinda know you? Morgan?"

I clear my throat, "SO! You know! I was! Just! Checking! To see! If everything," I glance at Ana, "Was going alright? No problems? Nothing you need my help with?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 17, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 0/5 | Conditions: Taken Off Guard

It seems that June has grown envious of my social skills! It is only natural that she would attempt to curry my favor, of course, and I do appreciate her dedication in her role as my subordinate. I should show her the fruits of my struggles. This "smile" that seems to be so effective. I crinkle my mouth and eyes in the appropriate fashion and tilt my head slightly at June, "Thank you for your concern, friend June. Perhaps we could share in some of your favored dough-circles?" I pause, thinking of the wording that the others had used to discuss the hike, then continue, "Is this outing not an occasion of great fun? I believe it is said that much fun can be had in the woods with friends. You are my friend, of course, and I would much enjoy sharing in this fun with you as well."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:05 AM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6+1 Ana Turns On June = (6+4)+1 =

String!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"...Uhhhhhh?" Dough-circles? I have circles made of dough? Wait, no, this has to be one of those- what did the surface-dwellers call it- slang terms? What do I have on me that is shaped like a circle, and is made of dough? Oh, of course! She means the donuts! "Yes! Donuts! I would love to share the donuts with you!" I bring out the bag of donuts, and hold it in front of them, "I even have your favorite! It's the one with nice tasting sprinkles!"

"Y-yes! This outing is very... fun. It is fun when I am together, with good friends, like you Ana! You are a... uh... very good friend? Who I like? To have fun with?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jeez! How am I supposed to be the cabin leader if no one pays attention to me! I gotta put the fear of Fio into these girls!

I slip in next to Riley and turn my head towards her, smirking a bit. "So Shannon, the heck did you do to get here, huh?"

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

And suddenly she’s standing in front of me, closer than I’ve ever been while she was awake. June, radiating fear and anxiety like the sun with light. Her magnificence causes my breath to catch in my throat for a moment, but I press on buoyed by the morning’s successes.

“Ah, Miss Whitewillow!” My voice is louder than it should be, but I quickly regain my composure. “And you bear confections, how thoughtful of you. Would you like to join our little soiree? I was just about broach playing ‘Call the Spirit’ when we reached the cross-tunnel further up the mountain. The stories say that if you say the mountain-spirit’s name in the darkness, it will grant you a wish. Quite a lark, don’t you think?” I lower my voice to a conspiratorial whisper. “And there’s safety in numbers, I’ve heard that the spirit snatches away those that aren’t holding tight to their companion. They’re whisked away to a dark cavern, never to be heard from ~again~.”

I give June a devil-may-care smirk and wink at her, only then realizing that I had been forgetting to blink.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 4:05 PM
@Victoria (PoultryGeist): 2d6+0 Victoria Turns On June = (4+1)+0 = 5

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 17, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Too soon, June takes off ta go check on her friend, Ana. Don't know her too well, she seems a bit... off, but maybe that's just her way. Poor June needs ta loosen up a bit though, gonna give herself a heart attack if she keeps worryin' like that. Wonder what the best way ta get her ta cool off is... Eh, I'm sure I'll think of somethin', got the whole summer after all! Maybe we could- Bear.

Oooookay, I guess that's gonna go set on the back burner for a while. Got anythin' else for me ta work with? Hurt. Mad. Ahead. Well poo poo, that ain't good. If it were back home I'd just tell everyone and it'd be fine, they'd all know how ta act when there's bears around. But here? City folk'd just panic, make things a whole heap worse. I could just not say anythin', bear might move on 'fore we get there, or hell he might not even be anywhere near the trail goes. Or we might end up right on top of him. That could happen too.

And then Fio's here. Fio! She's the cabin leader, she might be able ta help! I should bring it up slow, though.

"Hey Fio!" I give her a cheery smile. "Well, I asked if I could go ta a camp this summer, and then I picked this one! Y'know I'm actually glad you caught me like this, I kinda got somethin' important ta tell you."

I lean down enough ta put my arm around her shoulders and pull her close enough ta hear me good.

"There's a bear, somewhere up ahead. I'm pretty sure it's hurt, too. Now we might not go anywhere near him, but if we do, we need ta keep everyone calm, ok?"

[21:04:06] <ShootaBoy> Turn on Fio
[21:04:11] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+2
[21:04:13] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 7+2 = 9
Self/Promise/String?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Striiiing

Guh, she's close, she's really close and also cute AH NO! I can't let her get to me. I have too much at stake.

"You know that's not what I meant, Riley."

.....Wait, what did she say? A bear? How the hell could she tell that? Maybe she's lying....But I can't take that risk.

"A bear? Are you sure about that?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Caught sign a little ways back. Now god willin' we ain't gonna meet him, but if we do you need to keep everyone calm and get them outta there, alright?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Of course! I'm the cabin leader, after all!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 1/5 | Conditions: Taken Off Guard

The one with tasty sprinkles...? The specks of color and flavor that excite the tongue? The hints of maple and wood smoke burrowing throughout the circle of fried dough? I had thought that there would be no more of these 'donuts' that I favored. June was an exemplary subordinate. She must have worked hard to secure more of these confections. I would need to show my appreciation for her drive somehow. The fur, naturally, was the prize she sought, but her mission was not yet complete.

While I clearly was mastering the social norms and graces of human interactions, I felt no closer to understanding what was meant by a 'relationship' between humans. The behavior I saw was much different than that of my experiences outside of the camp. Hm. Perhaps there would be a way to reward June and further my studies at the same time. It seemed clear to my eye that the presence of Riley provoked June in some positive fashion and there seemed to be some sort of positive rapport. Were the two to end up alone, save my watchful gaze, who knew what I might learn?

My eyes crinkled quite pleasantly, "Thank you, friend June, your words are most welcome. As is your gift of doughnuts." I searched through the bag, took the besprinkled doughnut, and munched down on it absentmindedly. How could I manipulate the two into such a situation? It would certainly require all of my wiles and, perhaps, a helpful hand from one of my companions on the hike.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:19 AM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6-1 Ana Gazes Into The Abyss = (1+6)-1 =

Hard Move, but +XP!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"...Huh?" I tilt my head and scratch my forehead. A sworyay? Broach? Lark? I, uh, have no idea what any of those words mean, but they don't sound like bad words? Why do their words have to be so complicated? I shiver when she mentions spirits, "You mean, like, ghosts? That sounds terrible!"

Not only do we have to deal with the dangers of the mountain, but we have to deal with spirits too!? Why would anybody ever willingly walk up here, it just sounds more and more horrible by the minute! Did she say they won't take you if you hold on tight to your companions? Ah! Riley! My new friend! She'll protect me from the spirits! I turn around, and-

...Huh?

Why are you... why are you holding Fio so close to you? I thought- wasn't I your friend? Did I misunderstand you? Oh, oh God, why does my chest hurt? C-calm down, June. This is just how she is, she's just... very friendly, around people. Yes, that's it. Very... friendly. Why didn't she hold me that close? Am I... not good enough a friend? Uggghhhhhhhhh, why does it hurt so much?

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 2/5 | Conditions: Admonished, Snake Food

Give Ana a string

I take a moment to look Ana up and down .. Yes, she was the one they said was the daughter of the owner.. If that was true then why was she in the remedial program .. it made me think .. perhaps the girl was not as imposing as she seems.. Perhaps she would truly be useful .. If i could only get her to do what I want then perhaps I could put miss bigot up here next time instead of me.

"sooo.. Ana..your last name is Doroshenko? Isn't that the same as the people that run this camp?" I would lean in closer to her some "Did you piss your papa off? Why are you in remedial? You can tell me i can keep secrets" I would smile at that some .. Ofcorse I wouldn't keep that secret something so juicy.. something so blackmail worthy

My attention shifted to June as she walked over with doughnuts.. another lovely girl .. it seemed this remedial program was full of them and I just noticed that .. I turn down the offer of a confection then smile at June..
"well well another cutie.. will you be joining us as well?" I offer her my arm to walk along with with us

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:33 AM
@Morgan (ADF): 2d6+2 Morgab turns on June = (6+5)+2 = 13
String!

Accept the offer to let Ana tag along marked 1 exp for it (the other exp was for rolling cold sorry still getting used to this)

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I stare at Riley and Fio for what feels almost feels like an eternity. I shouldn't of left her side, but I did, and now she has another person beside her. Morgan's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look at their offered arm for a moment, before I say, "...Okay..." and bring my arms around theirs. I walk beside them, all the while staring blankly at the ground.

I was naive to ever think Riley would be friends with someone like me.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 18, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Great! Then we're all good ta go!"

I stand up fully again and stretch to head off the cramp I could feel formin' in my shoulders. That was a real awkward position ta be in, especially while walkin'. But it was for a good reason, so I can't be too annoyed. Now that Fio knows what might happen and what ta do if it does, I feel a lot better! Plus I think me and Fio count as friends now, which is great! Speakin' of friends, I wonder if June is done checkin' on Ana? I look back over my shoulder ta see, her lookin' all down, literally! What happened? Might be I hafta have a talk with Ana about how you treat friends...

I throw my arm up in a wave and call out with a smile. "Hey June! C'mon!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

My ears perk up when I hear Riley's voice. She's waving at me? Does this mean... she still wants to be my friend? I-I think it might! She wouldn't be calling me over if she didn't. "C-Coming!" I let go of Morgan's arm, and quickly rush back to Riley's side. I look up at her, and when I see her smiling face, I couldn't help but smile back at her. "Sorry for, um, being gone so long."

I stick by, closer to her, and this time, I don't plan to leave her side anytime soon. Ana can (hopefully) handle herself without me for a bit.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 20, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
On the way to Mount Bone - 8:13am

The morning sun quickly burns off the fog - it's going to be a hot day. As the forest heats up, so do your conversations...

Victoria: You notice, suddenly distracted from conversation, that you're hiking through a thin path surrounded on both sides by poison ivy patches. What do you do?

Anastasiya: Your apology doesn't come out right.

June: Anastasiya's thank you for the dough-circles seems oddly offputting, like she's trying out the words for the first time. What do you think of that? Gain a String on Anastasiya.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 2/5 | Conditions: Taken Off Guard

I stiffen as Morgan brings up my family. While it is certainly not vital that I keep our relationship a secret, the manner in which she brings it up is most unwelcome. I stare blankly at the human, avoiding the question by taking a large bite of doughnut. She seems overly concerned with matters unrelated to her. Perhaps she plots against my family. I will need to keep a close eye on her. I notice that the path is narrowing as we walk and see my opportunity to distract them from their tedious questions of matters that do not concern her. This will serve as just compensation for her earlier slights.

I stumble a bit into Victoria, who then stumbles a bit, and the end result of the chain of stumbles sends Morgan sprawling off into the foliage that surrounds the footpath. I stop and turn to Victoria, adopting the look June often wore indicating her concern, "Please forgive my clumsiness, Victoria. I was not paying enough attention to where I stepped."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:44 PM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6+2 Shut Down Morgan = (2+2)+2 =

Tagging Snake Food to make that a 7 and trading conditions. Morgan is Poisoned By Ivy. +XP.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

I overlook poor June’s slight against my kind a simple ignorance, and do a little dance in my soul as dearest Morgan’s sensuality lures the nervous woman to my little group. The visions of deep conversations by candlelight burn to ash however, as Riley imperiously calls June back to her side. I watch her walk away, and mutter something very unladylike under my breath.

Then Anastasiya stumbles into me, and I stumble into Morgan, sending them into the brush. I faintly hear Anastasiya say something behind me, but my focus is on the plants that Morgan is in. The ivy plants. The poison ivy plants. The poison ivy that I now see surrounds the trail, crowding the walking path. The hand that I was starting to offer Morgan stops, and my dying gurgling screams echo in my ears.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:06 PM
@Victoria (PoultryGeist): 2d6+1 Hold Steady vs Poison Ivy = (6+1)+1 = 8
I choose to keeping my cool

No. I’m already dead, it can’t hurt me any more. I kneel down in the path and start rifling through my pack. “Morgan dear, you’ve just stumbled into a patch of poison ivy.” An old metal box is produced, and the bottles and fabrics removed. I put on the thick rubber gloves and haul Morgan to their feet. “Wipe down your skin with this rubbing alcohol, it will clean off the toxin. Then use this aloe vera to sooth any affected skin.“

I start wiping down Morgan, perhaps a bit more thoroughly than would be proper. But it keeps my mind off of what surrounds me, and the blush hides how pale I’ve become.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hm, now that I think about it, Ana's thank you was... a little strange? It sounded like... the first time I ever thanked another person, and I wasn't sure what type of vocal inflection to use. No, that's silly. Ana's a human... right? What else can she be? She can't be from the ocean. If she was, she'd have a pelt, just like mine. It is strange that she would ask me to help her with human relationships. Is there more to her that I'm not seeing?

...No, I'm overthinking it. Isn't she from another country? I heard the surface-dwellers have many different types of languages, so maybe she is just not used to talking in, uh, "English" was it? Yes, that's probably it. She's just adopting to a new language! Of course it would sound off! Yep! No need to be concerned about it! I'll just- did someone just fall?

I look back, and see Morgan fall into a patch of poison ivy. Oh no. Ana, are you in trouble again!? S-should I go check on her again!? No, no no no no. She'll be fine. Ana will be fine. Yep. She doesn't need me. She doesn't need my help at all! She'll be totally fine! I cling on tight to Riley's arm, trying to fight off another incoming panic attack. I fail.

I mutter under my breath, "Everything is fine. Everything will be fine. Nothing is going wrong. Everything is fine. Nothing is on fire this time. Everything... is.... fine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

June starts mutterin' down at my side... and it sounds like she's kinda panickin'?!? Well that just ain't gonna do! Since she's all wrapped around my arm, I give her arms a squeeze with mine, and then a small smile when she looks up.

"Hey now, you're fine. You're with friends up here, ok? Listen, is Ana bein' alright ta you? She treatin' you like you're supposed ta treat your friends?"

If her answer ain't ta my likin' then I'm gonna have words with a certain someone...

• Locked thread