Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jose Esteban

Man. I've seen that face on billboards. She's missing huh. Quickly, to the Caremometer. What's that? It's at two Kelvin? Impressive. Not since the newest ritzy fashion show did we reach such astounding depths of not caring. I chew the breakfast, something resembling meat between something resembling bread while trying not to taste too much. Well, Lily Lockwell's on the case it seems. If he did hear something, that would be worth a favour probably. Alright, for Lily's sake we'll care a little, tiny bit.

Guy next to me does care. Of course I'm aware of him. Ritzy looking suit with a metal golem along with him in this part of town. He had most eyes on him the moment he came in. And with this news only slightly more fresh than the ingredients of this breakfast. If a guy came here trying his best to make me dislike him, they'd probably approach this one. Except maybe with some douchy little napkin in his pocket. Or unless he insults people I kind of like.

"Nosies huh?"

Oh, well, scratch that of the list. Alright, Lily is a nosy, nosy as nosy can be. But she's giving it all for her job, and putting in the work, taking on the dangers, like talking to the likes of me. I respect that. I turn to him, and there' no smile on my face. "Only thing worse is ritzy assholes slumming it accompanied by their tin can babysitters." I don't give the bioroid a look. Never get angry at the thing when you can get angry at its owner instead. Your job was killed using a gun, but in the end, while you might want to break his guns, you gotta put the blame at the gunman. Lots of folks with a hammer and anger and not enough sense forget that.

I take another bite of the burger. Making sure to chew it enough to give him a nice and charming sight of the food turning even more unappetizing as it's being chewed I ask. "What do you want?"

quote:

Engineer, Soldier, Criminal
Logical, Tough, Brutal

3 - Hack, Shoot,
2 - Coax, Move, Operate, Prowl, Fight
1 - Treat, Detect

Objects:
Router Patch (2) Firewall
Specks (4) Firewall
Barker (2)

Connections (do we do this now or after picks? Well, if after picks, I can redo them.:
Mr. Li: All biz. Jose Esteban wasn't really that used to living on the lam after he got discovered. But his talents and willingness to commit violence brought him to the attention of a Mr. Li. It turns out that if you take out a hit on someone and you make sure there are plenty of clones around to get shot in the fracas, it gets investigated as anti-android violence, rather than a mob killing. In trade, he's made sure that Jose's shift from lower class anonimity to underground has gone relatively smooth.

Lili Lockwell: Inside Source: Jose Esteban might no longer be able to just walk into Humanity Labor any more, and even be to burned for most of Humanity First to really do more than help him in secret here and there, he's still in this for the political activism. And that means he wants exposure. Lily Lockwell wants her exclusive interviews and ways to be first on the scene of new crimes. While she of course makes sure to always stress that she doesn't endorse him, and Jose knows that she in fact doesn't give two shits about his agenda, the two have at times been very beneficial to each other. She's even given him some information at times. Purely slip of the tongue. No Quid pro quo.

Floyd: This one I'm not sure about, because there is obviously no reason for a lot of love between the two, but depending on how 'rebellious' Floyd is being, there might be some kind of detente in that Jose would like a 'defective' high profile droid ruin Haas' reputation, and Floyd might have designs against Haas, and Jose is a good person to know for that? Sort of a 'deal with the devil' on both sides. But this depends how you see Floyd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jose Esteban

I take the data slate, curiosity tempered by suspicion. "That's some pretty odd guard-dog you're keeping around, considering what you're asking me. You so trusting that Haas doesn't have something inside your golem that would expose this little bit of world improvement?" Or are you perhaps counting on it? Then again, why would a Haas plant trying to get me burned come in with a golem along with them. Could just be an idiot. In which case he could be an idiot Haas plant, or just an idiot guy who honestly wanted this. Probably not with the cause, but could just be they want to harm some other company that's supposed to get some bioroids. Which is just fine with me. Having one large corp fund the ruination of another one and discouraging the use of droids is just fine with me.

"That said, let me take a look. See if I can do something for you." He'd prefer to handle this off the Beanstalk. Getting something done there was a lot harder, and brought a lot of heat, not because of the droids, but because you endangered the Beanstalk.

• Locked thread