Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Are we sure Ishamals sobbing in grief?

And not, you know, in relief that we'll never need to ask him a question ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

alpaca diseases posted:

Are we sure Ishamals sobbing in grief?

And not, you know, in relief that we'll never need to ask him a question ever again

Tomn question time hasn't happened yet to Ishamal.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Can I have swords for hands?
No, what about wings, but instead of feathers, they have bronze daggers?
Is Xephanim on the menu? What sauce would you recommend to go with it?
Can I invite some of my friends over to this place? I bet my pal Ishamal would really like it here!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
If I'm going to eat a human, can I pick which one?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh El! a kid in a candy shop has nothing on us.
(no candy shop I know of offers sex, cannibalism and to gaze upon our imprisoned rear end in a top hat father)

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
A. I want to eat Lullayla

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wake up to find you all asking questions with fake answers and all I can do is face palm. Did you skim the instructions? This is supposed to be a side-story!!

Here's an actual vote:

Explore the heart of the palace

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yeah, Giving up Snarls was us failing the test. And we're gonna die in here or at least never get out.

B

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

:ohdear: When I meant take Az up his offer to party, I didn't think it would entail giving up Snuls! (I was thinking of the other offer, after we were buds when we talked about the potential of hiding out there with Naomi and our future kids before the wedding). Still...don't worry boy, we're coming!

Now to work!

We heard a strange voice as we came here. What could it be?! Perhaps it was...Snuls??

Try thinking to Snuls and asking where he is! See if anything happens!

Questions:

Come on, there's always a loophole. How do I get Snarls back? C'mooon...tell a bro!

So, does there happen to be a labyrinth around here? One that might have Snarls in the middle? Eh, eh?

Ask to see our contract with Azz so we can read the fine print

So...uh...what's up with those satyrs being tortured over there?

edit:

Southpaugh posted:

Yeah, Giving up Snarls was us failing the test. And we're gonna die in here or at least never get out.

Not with that attitude! :black101:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 17, 2016

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Do you know Ishamal? What is he? Why is he such a dick?

Go to fighting area and kick rear end

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Lol we found out what Asahel is

Why did the 10 posters trade our dog and not accept Azz's invitation to party after Eyescream?

That's what I thought we voted for, myself. Not give up snarls when we are 14 :confused:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Yeah I thought you were voting for that, he made us the offer again after we fled eyescream right, before he dropped us at the gates?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=20

Page 20 is where he dropped us off, I can't see a second offer there, maybe he never made it?

Edit: He does make us an open offer for the future on page 19.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 17, 2016

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Nettle Soup posted:

Yeah I thought you were voting for that, he made us the offer again after we fled eyescream right, before he dropped us at the gates?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=20

Page 20 is where he dropped us off, I can't see a second offer there, maybe he never made it?

Edit: He does make us an open offer for the future on page 19.

link is a pro-click - reminded me we considered jerking off a goat once to save snarls

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

D HALLS OF LUST HALLS OF LUST

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I bet you it's just a pen of normal goats.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm thinking like 60% of the thread has somehow failed to realise that this entire thing is all elaborate bullshit, and no real answers are actually true to Paradise Lost Ur.

Guys stop trying to rules lawyer anything useful knowledge from Diog as most/all answers are trollish bullshit designed to fool us. Just enjoy it for what it is.

So am I free to leave at any time? Where will you put me when I leave?
Can I go somewhere that isn't Zepath?

(Let's go to the grasslands and hangout with the horse people)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Outrail posted:

I'm thinking like 60% of the thread has somehow failed to realize that this entire thing is all elaborate bullshit, and no real answers are actually true to Paradise Lost Ur.

Diogines posted:

The following is a work of fiction. So is Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens. Well, in that case consider this DOUBLE fiction! Trying to glean ANY information about Ur from this mini-adventure whatsoever is unlikely to be successful as the Capybaras have changed uh... rather a lot.

[...]

And to repeat, trying to glean ANY information about Ur from this mini-adventure whatsoever is unlikely to be successful as the Capybaras have changed uh... rather a lot.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I bet you it's just a pen of normal goats.

In that case then

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do the answers to questions you find distasteful lie within the Hall of Answers?

Can I communicate with anyone in Zepath?

Can I bring any of my friends from Ur here to party with me?

If I want to watch Enkidu battle with Labaras, is that possible?

Will I be seeing your master again at some point? I'd like to hang out with him, he seems pretty fun!

If I wish to learn to be virtuous and strong, is there a place for this?

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 17, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wait...a labyrinth? Like a...maze? Is Enkidel finally on the path to true self-awareness?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

BoneMonkey posted:

where is snarls now?
Asbeel waves a hand and says "Put it from your mind, Honored Guest! That mangy old dog has nothing on what awaits you here!"

BoneMonkey posted:

can I have some wings too? Flying looks neat.
Asbeel says "Certainly. We will need to make a brief stop, but it won't hurt a bit. "

BoneMonkey posted:

what am I? If not the same as you?
The Satyr says "You are a child of the Great Chained Lord, I am a servant. You have free will."

BoneMonkey posted:

This all seems a little odd we are asking questions and getting wrong answers. Should we not be doing something else?
Asbeel says "I was rather thinking the same thing, Honored Guest! We have never had a guest so uh... inquisitive before! Our guests usually just dive rightin!"

Coq au Nandos posted:

If I'm going to eat a human, can I pick which one?

Asbeel says "Of course! Whichever you may so desire! Prepared exactly to your liking"

FoxTerrier posted:

Try thinking to Snuls and asking where he is! See if anything happens!
Nothing happens except maybe a belated feeling of guilt? You are surrounded by hedonistic delights of every sort instead to balm that pitiful sense!

FoxTerrier posted:

Come on, there's always a loophole. How do I get Snarls back? C'mooon...tell a bro!
The Satyr says "The Prince of Pleasure has had his price and you shall have your reward. But you shall not have the dog."

FoxTerrier posted:

So, does there happen to be a labyrinth around here? One that might have Snarls in the middle? Eh, eh?
Asbeel tells you "We have an entire mountain of labyrinths! But the dog is not within."

FoxTerrier posted:

Ask to see our contract with Azz so we can read the fine print
Asbeel says "It lay within the Hall of Answers."

FoxTerrier posted:

So...uh...what's up with those satyrs being tortured over there?
Asbeel grins a wide grin and says "Oh, it is a way to pass the time!"

Slaan posted:

Do you know Ishamal? What is he? Why is he such a dick?
"I'm afraid I don't know that name. Most Honored Guest. If that displeases you, I only beg your forgiveness!"

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Do the answers to questions you find distasteful lie within the Hall of Answers?
He says "Of course! Why would you wish to know things you do not wish to know? Be assured MOST HONORED Guest that every answer within shall satisfy your intellect and your ego!"

Can I communicate with anyone in Zepath?
"Surely" Asbeel says "We will have them on the wracks and awaiting your pleasure in no time at all."

Can I bring any of my friends from Ur here to party with me?
Asbeel says "Of course."

Note, you have yet to meet most of the Balls of Labaras. Jobe sometimes gave you candy in the Temple of El when you scrubbed the floors. He was rather patronizing when you were a cannibal-child, though still friendly!

If I want to watch Enkidu battle with Labaras, is that possible?
Asbeel says "At the Theater of Joy every play, spectacle or image you may desire to see may be conjured forth!"

Will I be seeing your master again at some point? I'd like to hang out with him, he seems pretty fun!
He says "The Prince of Pleasure is occupied at the moment."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Wait...a labyrinth? Like a...maze? Is Enkidel finally on the path to true self-awareness?
That question does not look like anything to me.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

If I wish to learn to be virtuous and strong, is there a place for this?
The grinning Winged Satyr says "Of course! This is the greatest of classrooms! You may study within every pleasurable thing the heart, body, mind and spirit could desire!"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Current votes:

A. Go to the Hall of a Thousand Plates and eat Lullaya
4. BoyG.

B. The field of eternal battles
1. Slaan.
5. Southpaugh.

C. Visit the Grand Treasury
2. Dog Kisser.

D. Go to the Halls of Luist
6. HiHo ChiRho.

H. Explore the heart of the palace
7. There Bias Two.

11. Coq au Nandos.
H. Go to the Hall of Answers

Not voted yet:
3. White Noise Marine.
8. Fox Terrier(*).
9. Bone Monkey.
10. Task Manager(*).
12. Cheap Trick souvenirs.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Enkidel wants the D

Not a vote but that option was too good ok

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Can we get a magical mentally communicating flying goat companion to replace the dog? And will it be able to follow us home after?

What if I wanted to eat you?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
A - we made the deal because we were starving, so let's eat first. Eternal hunger/all you can eat? Sounds grand!

Ask Asbeel if we can get a new dog, right now, to join us? How about a talking dog? His choice on breed.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Chosen ones this is your chance to speak with Ashera :getin:.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Slaan posted:

What if I wanted to eat you?

There we go.

Try and eat a Melachim, this rear end in a top hat, and a demon while you're at it.

Or just ask to meet El.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Guys, go to the coliseum, it's our chance to see Tudya vs Fleshblight!

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Diog, can we get an update on the Snarls side game? I'm sure he is chilling with baby goats in Azz's real home, right?...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can you make me more powerful?

H. Visit the Theater of Joy and watch gods and prophets battle.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 17, 2016

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Hmm... I refuse there's not a tricksy way to find Snuls!

(and yes I know this isn't cannon and it's OK if we don't find him, but I enjoy the puzzle of trying to work out a way to do a grand reunion/rescue more than I do savoring the delights of the palace. Currently anyway.) :toot:

So...there other guests, where are they? Um, what happened to them?

So...if a month passes here, how much time passes in Ur?

I'm torn between going to the Hall of Answers to check out contract for fine print and seeking out the Heart of the Palace for answers. Will vote soon.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 17, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I believe we'll be able to visit different parts of the palace, but it is totally possible that the tester is continuing to test us or perhaps even giving us a chance to redeem ourselves?

I think the coolest options are either seeing Azzazel and his minions conjure up heroes of old to see his perspective on them as I'm sure they will be, erm, biased or perhaps going to the Vault of Eyes and exploring the parts of Ur we are not likely to visit in Kavodel timeline. Initially I don't see a reason to strive for breaking the system as I suspect we'll find some answers as we go and will have opportunities later to explore that aspect of it. For now we don't even know how true the idea of "anything you desire" is, it may be mockeries of those things we seek. I think we will find answers simply by exploring anything right now, so why not keep it exotic and fantastical?

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 17, 2016

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Who is the oldest being in Zepath?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I believe we'll be able to visit different parts of the palace, but it is totally possible that the tester is continuing to test us or perhaps even giving us a chance to redeem ourselves?

That's kinda what I've been trying to feel out. Like there might be some other seemingly mundane option to explore that may lead us to a quest to redeem ourselves/find the Snuls?

It's possible I'm wrong and Diog hasn't built in any way to do that, but from a GM perspective I kinda doubt he'd build such a fun scenario without also working in a way to rescue our best bud.

But yeah, if it seems fruitless I agree that watching the Heroes of Old fight crazy monsters in instant replay is a boss way to spend our time. Vault of Eyes sounds like the hsit too. And goons may stab me if I don't vote for one or the other, itching as they must be for both. I'm inclined to give looking at the contract or seeking out the heart of the palace first tho.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 17, 2016

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Whoops! I guess we should have specified 30 Ur-days of time here, because I don't think time is quite right in this place.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Viking_Helmet posted:

Whoops! I guess we should have specified 30 Ur-days of time here, because I don't think time is quite right in this place.

Yeah I think Az specifically mentioned at one point that time was weird in his place in a Q and A.

If Diog spits us out of here at the end of the weekend like...we may be walking into weirdo Ur lol

H. Voting to explore the heart of the palace Maybe clues to this weirdo place and our pooch lay therein?

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 17, 2016

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

B

Tudiya vs eyescream please!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

BoneMonkey posted:

B

Tudiya vs eyescream please!

I think you want E for that.

B is us kicking the poo poo out of people.

E is Xephanim (and maybe others?) fighting for out amusement.

And Theater of Joy (an H vote I think), is historical battles reenacted for our amusement.

..I think that's all right anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

FoxTerrier posted:

I think you want E for that.

B is us kicking the poo poo out of people.

E is Xephanim (and maybe others?) fighting for out amusement.

And Theater of Joy (an H vote I think), is historical battles reenacted for our amusement.

..I think that's all right anyway

One of each please!

If not still B let's kick the poo poo outta people.

Also at some point can we learn how to cook guys? I love cooking.

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 17, 2016

• Locked thread