Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I was not ready for the amount of gun puns in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

The Door Frame posted:

I love me some roguelites. Is this better or worse than Crypt of the Necrodancer?

I've never played Gungeon, and I'm terrible at Necrodancer, but I don't think that's a fair question. That's like asking if madden 20xx is a better sports game than fifa 20xx. They're both sports games, but that's where the similarities stop. Necrodancer is all about rhythm. It's on a grid and all you do is move up down left or right. There's a couple items for gear or bombs etc and that's about it. Just from the first video Gungeon looks more like a Binding of Issac style. You freely move in any direction, you aim 360 degrees with the mouse, you've got a major inventory investment in a plethora of guns and (i presume) passive items and bonuses. So they're both rouge-ish, but how they go about it is wildly different from each other.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Probably been pointed out, but steam sale, game is 50% off if the lp's got you interested in it.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Didn't use the iron coin once, got table tech stun and didn't even flip a table. FOR SHAME!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I killed the dragun for the first time. I'd say I got better, but the run involved wax wings, a metronome, and all the ammo for an elephant gun i could ever want. Still felt pretty good.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I feel the need to point out that scruffy calls the Antibodies an over priced piece of garbage at a time when he would have been dead with out it.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I really wish i could find some pictures of it, it was on a stream sometime recently, but the best possible thing you can do in gungeon is get Fat Bullets and Stout Bullets at the same time. I had the Shell and it was comedy gold. Firing shotguns the size of half the screen around. The flame hand could create fireballs so big that if there wasn't space behind my guy they'd instantly clip out because they hit the wall behind me. Every gun is an amazing joy to have when they fire projectiles that big.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
This is why i don't delete commentary or any parts of work until a few days after i post an update. Never know what I might gently caress up.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The Shell is an amazing weapon and you had stout bullets to which would have made it even better. I cleared floors 3-5 with nothing but a shell, stout bullets, and fat bullets. When you have that, the Shell fires shotguns that fill entire rooms. You can not say bad things about that.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Hey uh, scruffy... you were saying how much you wanted to see the hell muncher...

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
ah right. wasn't reading the thread, your video just showed up in my 3am youtube recommendations of what to watch instead of going the gently caress to sleep.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
If you do a passive run you MUST give yourself Fat bullets and Stout bullets.

Everything else is whatever.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I think he meant how many guon stones were needed to make a barrier that prevented you from ever being shot.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
There is something weird and totally random that bothers me about some of the guns in this game. Like the polaris. When you fire the polaris it animates a shell casing being ejected. Neat touch, totally normal. cool. But when you reload the Polaris, it shows an entire clip worth of shells being dropped onto the floor. Each bullet is getting two casings. One ejects when you fire it, and another sits around int he magazine until you reload and then gets dumped on the floor. Why does this happen?! And why does it bug me so much?!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

CirclMastr posted:

Cheat to get that many, you say?

New run idea: Guns, Lots of Guns

Give yourself every gun. You can only go through one clip of any given gun before you must discard it.

The game has a thing that pretty much does this itself. If Scruffy ever unlocks it.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The 'pot shot' is actually called The Kiln. Because is fires pots. it's a play on words, get it?

Also, this seemed to sum up most of the run;

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 24, 2017

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The Get Huge run.

Start with stout bullets, fat bullets, and heavy bullets.

You can only use the gun the fires the largest projectile.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Grapplejack posted:

I'm pretty sure that would be my favorite gun in this game, the quad laser

Oh yes, wait yes I revise my plan:

The Mooninite Run

Fat bullets, stout bullets, heavy bullets, and the Quad Laser.
Can only use the Quad Laser. (spawn ammo/bandana as needed)
Can not dodge roll to avoid enemy bullets because Jumping is useless
Select 3(?) passive items to keep yourself alive and balance out the inability to dodge roll.
edit: Can pick up any passive drops as normal.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Man, the moment you pulled the trigger on the quad laser... Amazing.

Was almost kind of sad to see that the projectiles were so huge that they didn't even need to travel anywhere, but man, we wanted a room sized bullet and that loving delivered.

• Locked thread