Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JollyPubJerk posted:

played dota over 10 years. it wasn't the game that killed it. it was valve trying to make the game noob friendly, which failed to bring in noobs, and only made the game miserable for vets. oh, and their pathetic resources they've put on the game. if they don't want to hire more than two guys to keep it going, then gently caress them. fixing the UI and poo poo isn't that hard. they're just a bad company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBOGZUDKZj0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

VikingofRock posted:

same but playing Leto Atreides in Tides of Blood

Musashi was for winners

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Up Circle posted:

Musashi was for winners

Really the best character was the one who could eat someone and then digest that character for like 5 minutes, taking them off the map. Butcher, I think

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jimmy, his ultimate was called "jimmy eat world"

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
it's hosed up there's no Tides of Blood map playable unless you downgrade

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

at one point on USeast there were as many ToB lobbies as dota lobbies and then they didn't update it again until years later and it died. coulda been a real different future...

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
was ToB the one with the l33t haxor character whose ult was to spawn a billion particle effects to make players crash out?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Radical posted:

at one point on USeast there were as many ToB lobbies as dota lobbies and then they didn't update it again until years later and it died. coulda been a real different future...

when did they patch it so that every time you missed a right click it said "pwned" instead of miss

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

just played 3 games of the old dota 2 and won all of them. i still got it

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Minorkos posted:

just played 3 games of the old dota 2

How.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

I'm a fan of 7.00+, but it definitely seemed like too little too late. Dota2 isn't attracting any new players.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like 7.00 but I kind of wish international players would start realizing 7.00 changed things. I see a lot of players playing heroes that can do just fine killing people still trying to rice up ASAP battlefuries and midas's as if interacting with others will put them lightyears behind.

A lot of my 7.00 gripes more come down to people refusing to press advantages than actual 7.00 changes.

(though if I'm going to gripe about anything, the newer vertical hero portraits usually look really bad compared to how distinct the landscape ones were; I feel like I can never find Sven unless I type him out)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think its still growing in CIS and latin america but the system requirements for this game have been creeping up over the years and i dont know how invested you have to be in a PC to actually play dota2 at this point.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

perhaps you misunderstood me, i didn't actually play an older version of dota 2. no i played the new current dota 2 and it turns out you can still win if you just allow your opponents to ragequit the match and then push into an empty base

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Minorkos posted:

perhaps you misunderstood me, i didn't actually play an older version of dota 2. no i played the new current dota 2 and it turns out you can still win if you just allow your opponents to ragequit the match and then push into an empty base

if you had said the ol dota 2 it would have been clearer what you were doing

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Neon Belly posted:

I'm a fan of 7.00+, but it definitely seemed like too little too late. Dota2 isn't attracting any new players.

you're right

they're losing existing ones, too

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Players will flock back to dota once the Artifact tie ins are announced

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

you're right

they're losing existing ones, too

yeah but youre not valuable

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

Smythe my man whats your dota buff url? I would like to watch some replays of your sick kunkka supp plays thx

here u go op https://www.dotabuff.com/players/5674947 but im not good i really suck and i think i only win kuz kunka can get wards without tying up the crow

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Big patch today ! they fixed the phantom rush bug

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Smythe posted:

here u go op https://www.dotabuff.com/players/5674947 but im not good i really suck and i think i only win kuz kunka can get wards without tying up the crow

I don't even win because I suppose my behavior score is too good nowdays :negative:

When I had 5k score people picked only carries like PA etc.. Now it's a very tough job to get them to play hard carries and we lose eventually because there's not enough damage in the team (and people really hate push or depush at 1k mmr).

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 11, 2017

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

2k sucks poo poo but you see some really interesting things once in a blue moon, Just played with a Monkey King that had PMS+Phase+BF at 9min.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

capturing a moment in gaming history

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Peak white people cringe in Dota today.

<black dude gets on the mic>
Nerdy, effeminate sounding jungle Terrorblade: 'You sound like a rapper'

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

i'm actually colordeaf

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Is everyone excited for the new league system?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

a witch posted:

Is everyone excited for the new league system?

they're bringing back Thresh Wars?

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Post your wild and stupid predictions.

Necro in the dumpster.

Remove PMS.

Give Medusa the Riki/Necro treatment by combining Split Arrow and Mana Shield into one ability, then give her a new 4th ability that single target petrifies a unit.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

drop under 800k

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Ada posted:

Give Medusa the Riki/Necro treatment by combining Split Arrow and Mana Shield into one ability, then give her a new 4th ability that single target petrifies a unit.

This but dragon knight and he gets a skillshot taunt that turns into a pbaoe when in dragon

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

SB charge cooldown from 12 to 30/24/18/12
SB health regen from 2.24 to 1

Necro Q regen from 1/3/5/7 to 1/2/3/4
Necro movespeed from 285 to 280
Necro base damage from 24 to 20

Monkey King Jingu Mastery lifesteal from 20/40/60/80 to 20/30/40/50

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
An anti-arcana that neutralizes spectre's lameifier VA for everyone in the match

Troll Warlord's fervor now scales based on how many players you have successfully trolled

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Gonna be a Doom patch I can feel it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Voxx posted:

This but dragon knight and he gets a skillshot taunt that turns into a pbaoe when in dragon

Maliken???

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
wait when did base Storm Spirit get turtle armor

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Storm (and OD) have had huge base armor for at least 2 years now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DNK posted:

Storm (and OD) have had huge base armor for at least 2 years now.

thats, not what I meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

You should be able to cast Doom on buildings.

• Locked thread