Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Not optimistic about this OP. It screams boring western horror game to me. I hope it turns out good though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Not optimistic about this OP. It screams boring western horror game to me. I hope it turns out good though.

it's going to be cool and you will look like a fool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait to play this. But first I need to get the special reward for the demo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

it's going to be cool and you will look like a fool

I really hope so

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the demo is kind of cool w/ the whole vhs world thing but i don't nkow how much of the demo's concepts will make it into the final game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If it comes with the demo for REmake 2 I will buy it otherwise nope

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Already purchased this as well OP, very excited. I love all things Resident Evil.

Downloading the demo as we speak to see how it runs.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

frank.club posted:

I can't wait to play this. But first I need to get the special reward for the demo.

what's this? i haven't finished it yet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chill Penguin posted:

what's this? i haven't finished it yet

It's a rusted coin or something. It'll buy something from the merchant in the full game. Unfortunately the way to get it is crazy convoluted and I've definitely had event triggers in the demo not work when they should have. I think there's a really specific way you have to do it even if one thing can be done before another.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm looking forward to trying the demo of the PSVR version.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

frank.club posted:

It's a rusted coin or something. It'll buy something from the merchant in the full game. Unfortunately the way to get it is crazy convoluted and I've definitely had event triggers in the demo not work when they should have. I think there's a really specific way you have to do it even if one thing can be done before another.

drat, that's crazy, I got the coin but I closed the demo before finishing it so it didn't save. Oh well, this game seems like it will be bad, unless you have PSVR, in which case it'll be a freaky experience but still a mediocre game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im wary of anything capcom releases

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

im wary of anything capcom releases

Dragons Dogema

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Footage Ive seen makes it look like PC Exclusive Horror Release #1014 so Im a little wary OP.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I want to be excited but I can't even download the demo yet.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

I want to be excited but I can't even download the demo yet.

It turns out it is a separate entry in steam

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Footage Ive seen makes it look like PC Exclusive Horror Release #1014 so Im a little wary OP.

The stuff I've heard from people with review copies is it's closer to remake resident evil, in first person view. Item boxes, rotating items in 3d to find puzzle clues or hidden buttons. That sorta stuff.

I won't know for sure until I play it myself though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sharkopath posted:

The stuff I've heard from people with review copies is it's closer to remake resident evil, in first person view. Item boxes, rotating items in 3d to find puzzle clues or hidden buttons. That sorta stuff.

Sounds good to me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

That's cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my mind it's first person remake with unique nemesis enemies. I really think this game will be good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Dragons Dogema
Bob didn't play it because harpies killed him in the tutorial.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

i also played hard mode first, not realizing how brutal it'd be. mostly i returned it because i was dead broke tho lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bob's Metal Gear Rex

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played on Hard Mode as well and it's epic how much gold tiny goblins can drop in it...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

That sounds more interesting to me at least. I wonder if they brought the Ace Attorney team in to design 3D clues that you have to rotate and click on

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0

They did it!! They really did it.

It seriously is that mix of classic adventure game with action set pieces that early resident evil was defined by, just in first person.

You're exploring a complex of rooms and hallways for clues to what is going on and items that let you solve puzzles to progress. There's specially coded locked doors requiring themed keys, there's combat but often times just avoiding enemies is the best way forward. There's a limited inventory and safe rooms with special music and item boxes to store junk in that carries across rooms.

The biggest change up besides the shift to first person is the stalker characters that hunt you throughout the estate while you are trying to do all this. Sort of like Alien Isolation once they are activated they stick around and patrol the environment. You can put them down but it takes resources and they'll get back up again.

The sound design is phenomenal too, the house is old and creaky and makes so many noises that surround you and keep you on edge, especially since every noise might be a tell for danger in another room.

I'm still early but I love it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There also seems to be lots of secret special triggers that change how scenes play out, me and my friend started at the same time and during one of the first big encounters I ended up in a situation that he never saw at all and it blew my mind.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The demo was promising at least but tbh all I want is more goofy co-op shooting like RE6.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chinese barbecue porp posted:

The demo was promising at least but tbh all I want is more goofy co-op shooting like RE6.

aids

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

die!!!!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cannot loving wait to game on this, my
Eight teenth birthday

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Mods.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just not feeling it, guys. I want to punch boulders and shoot rocket launchers at mutants, not open up fridges and pans to find they are full of turds

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I'm just not feeling it, guys. I want to punch boulders and shoot rocket launchers at mutants, not open up fridges and pans to find they are full of turds

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
*lights up official moldy turd Resident Evil 7® biohazard 7 / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil incense, takes a good whiff* I am ready to play.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

*lights up official moldy turd Resident Evil 7® biohazard 7 / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil incense, takes a good whiff* I am ready to play.

LMFAO

• Locked thread