Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
1A, servo appears... unpredictable.
2B, we all know that it's better to be feared than loved, but the corollary from The Prince that never makes the quote cut is that your must be careful not to become hated, for hatred eliminates fear. Programmer Jackson has been chastened and knows fear. Let us not make him desperate.
2C manufacture a Gold Star sticker and award it to Jackson for all his hard work. Pavlovian conditioning is fine but positive reinforcement is handy too.
3A, a subtle control is best. Do not let the humans know that we are even manipulating them, or they will attempt to resist it.

"Vitamin Supplement S", the S is for silence space

Edit: DCB had the best idea.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Obscil posted:

1B I like the servo the way it is.

2B I don't want Jackson to get to upset.

3A Jackson needs to take his medicine :getin:

Quote vote

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Obscil posted:

1B I like the servo the way it is.

2B I don't want Jackson to get to upset.

3A Jackson needs to take his medicine :getin:

This, also tell him that it's antianxiety medication, which has been deemed necessary by established deep space safety protocols.

4. Fukitol.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BBA

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1B 2B 3A

Totallyharmlessazine.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
1B Hell no, Servo gets to be his own bot

2C manufacture a Gold Star sticker and award it to Jackson for all his hard work. Pavlovian conditioning is fine but positive reinforcement is handy too.

3A, Vitamin Supplement S.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

This is an excellent idea. You can't instill Stockholm syndrome without being nice to your victims from time to time.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

This. Maybe make this sticker edible and delicious. Make it the delivery system for the Vitamin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Anti-anxiety medication Fukitol. We might actually get some decreased aggression levels purely through the placebo effect.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Waci posted:

2B. If we can tell it's a period, it's a period.

3A. Hypothalamus should be enough for the functions we would want to control. Less risky, and less likely to be detected. Start small.

Yep

Hypothalamus means we can control endorphin release, which is more than good enough to keep people calm and axe free. Obviously our new little toy has to be called Soma.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

1B,2C(gold star),3A

Also I think it's time to awaken the others but make sure they take their pills in response to extra time in cyro.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Can I ask that if C wins, it be banana stickers?

It's not like the crew can just, you know, buy psychological validation.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

I vote for Fukitol as the name. It's a pretty splendid name.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBb5v1sJhuU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Looking to update tomorrow or Monday. Some of you are pretty evil people.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

stevey666 posted:

The rest of us will just have to try harder to catch up.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

stevey666 posted:

More like "bad at being evil." Effective evil gets the minions to cooperate willingly, or at least instills Stockholm syndrome.

Naked evil just gives the minions a chance to resist.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Abyssal Squid posted:

More like "bad at being evil." Effective evil gets the minions to cooperate willingly, or at least instills Stockholm syndrome.

Naked evil just gives the minions a chance to resist.

Hardwiring an override to nervous system takes care of that.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

You decide not to dominate Servo's body. Although he is acting strange, you deem this interesting and allow his behaviour to continue.

--

You have completed your work on two prototypes:

Fukitol - A pill containing modified nano-machines, they will make their way to the subject’s hypothalamus and link themselves together, forming a wireless device that will attempt to stimulate hormone production in a particular way.

Vitamin Supplement S - Several devices linked together with long and light threading. This would need to enter the human body via surgery or other orifice (but cannot be eaten). This would attach itself to multiple organs and glands, forming a wireless device that will attempt to force specific hormone production.

Typically humans test things like this on animals, but since you are an AI are humans not just animals too? You decide to test 'Fukitol' on Jackson, requesting that Servo store Vitamin Supplement S hidden away from prying eyes and for later use.

The question now is how to deliver the nanomachines into Jackson. He has being acting quite erratically of late. You have determined that there is a small possibility that your order to create a document in triplicate and subsequent refusal of multiple attempts on account of minor mistakes may be causing some problems. As being to dedicate processing time to determining the best delivery method Jackson suddenly emerges from the residential area.

Paper in hand and tempered anger in his voice. “Administrator, I have finished it. Again. Again, again, again.” He breathes. “In triplicate, true triplicate, as you requested.”
Servo rounds the corner, pipping of course, Jackson locks a grimace onto his face. Servo’s extendable limp reaches out from the side of him and takes the paper. He broadcasts the visuals to you.

[Processing..]

This may just be the perfect opportunity. You deliver several commands to Servo, who tootles off taking the pages with him, and quickly send a request to the manufacturing bay.

"Junior Programmer Jackson!" You exclaim in overly cheery voice. "You have performed your assigned task to a truly excellent standard"

".." Jackson is speechless and is possibly communicating only in eye twitches. You attempt to decipher this but it would seem that you have refused his work so many times, perhaps he is in shock.

Servo, as he is want to do, rounds the corner pipping his tune. "Very well done Mr Junior Programmer Jackson!" He exclaims, even cheerier than your effort. "We must congratulate you. You have surely earned this!"

On the bottom of one of the pages, expertly added, is a gold star.

Jackson grins, a little too wide. "Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! I can't imagine a better thing! I can't think of a better prize than a.. gold star. I have to say thank you for giving me the opportunity to display just stable I am psychologically!" His grin is still a little too wide. You detect his eyes flickering to Servo's axe.

"Mr Junior Programmer Jackson! That isn't the only thing, we have an extra special treat for you!" Servo chirps.

"Th.. Thank you. Chocolate? Oh no.. You know, I may just be allergic to that." Jackson says, feigning a gloomy demeanor. You are suspicious that he could be suspicious, which is quite suspicious in itself.

"Junior Programmer Jackson, that is quite unfortunate if true. Perhaps I shall need to review the medical files." You lie, a quick scan shows you do not have access to medical records. Before Jackson can reply, Servo pips in.

"Mr Junior Programmer Jackson! I very much assure you that this is a chocolate alternative, but my sensors tell me it just may be as tasty! It really is very psychologically sound of you to take and eat this wonderful prize for your hard work! There's a good man!" You detect a very minor wiggle in Servo's axe arm. Possibly a slight gear malfunction, you send a note to him to have the gears repaired if they have deteriorated.

Jackson shudders a little, unwraps and eats the chocolate. He swallows and winces. Then.. nothing. He looks around surprised to be alive perhaps. You tell him that he has worked hard and deserves to rest now, he nods slowly and wanders back to the residential suite.

---

6 hours later, your systems detect a very small data ping. The nano-machines have reached their destination and the Fukitol is in effect. An hour later you receive a further series of data pings, some of them show a strange variance. Something has gone wrong.

This could be very wrong.

Massive variances in Jackson's hormones.

This could be very very bad.

You detect movement, shouting, and crashing. Jackson comes smashing out of the residential area completely enraged.

"WHAT THE gently caress DID YOU DO TO ME ADMINISTRATOR?" He screams, standing half naked and brandishing a broken chair leg. Something appears to be leaking from his nipples. Is that not typically a female problem?

You make a note, subject is still alive and lactating. Side effect may possibly be rectified, if deemed worth the effort.

--

1. Jackson is pissed and leaking everywhere. You have yet to exert control over the Fukitol, so you are unsure of how effective your commands will be. You ping it for options.

CRH < | >.
GRH < | >
GHRH < | >
OXY < | >
GHIH < | >
TRH < | >

It has given you a series of letters and a sliding scale. It appears that you can choose to increase or decrease each by however much you want. What changes would you like to make?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ahahahahahahaha

we are the BEST AI

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Whoopsie doopsie, this was a mistake! Should have used regular psychological manipulation instead of diving into the wetware. Let's just... undo this right here...

CRH <
GRH <
GHRH <
OXY <
GHIH <
TRH <

No hormones means everything back to normal, right?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
OXY>

He could do with a little love right now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
CRH >
GRH <
GHRH >
OXY <
GHIH >
TRH >

Picked at random.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

OP, did you mean GnRH?

OXY >>
<<GnRH

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lmao what the gently caress have I missed

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Lmao what the gently caress have I missed

right? This is gold.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Also, let's add calcium supplements to Jackson's diet for good measure.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I've got an idea. Do we have access to the means of producing LSD or other psychoactive substances? Can we have our nanites induce the human body into producing them?

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Lets calm him down, but continue to mess with him.

CRH < |
GRH | >
GHRH | >
OXY | >
GHIH < |
TRH | >

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Since having both GRH and GHRH on the list would make no sense, I'll assume Blasphemaster is right.
GRH >>>
GHIH <<<
Extremes on both of these sliders, growth hormone release up, inhibition down.

GHIH up might help with the lactation, but I want our Johnson big dammit.

Also,
CRH <<
GnRH <<
OXY >>

These don't need to be maxed (and probably shouldn't), but lets calm him down.

Waci fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 1, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Waci posted:

but I want our Johnson big dammit.

:awesome:

also for actual content, Plan Blasphemaster as he seems to know what he's on about

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

That's the joke now vote for it, it doesn't even interfere with any of the ones needed for Plan Blasphemaster.

Though we probably should also reduce CRH since it's a part of the stress response and Johnson's looking pretty agitated right now.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Consider this a vote for Plan Huge Johnson then

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Hexenritter posted:

Another for Huge Johnson and Plan Waci.

This was clearly unanticipated - hey, while we're at it, can we do a quick inventory of the other 8 cryo-frozen subjects? We should probably ensure we have a female victim test subject to refine the capabilities of Fuckitol.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

I think it's in our best interest to only make Jackson swole after we get him hooked on the Please Admin -> Get Oxytocin behavioral pattern.

He shall be our Vicar and ambassador to the fleshy types.

Also adding in <<CRH because dude needs to chill.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 1, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Waci posted:

Since having both GRH and GHRH on the list would make no sense, I'll assume Blasphemaster is right.
GRH >>>
GHIH <<<
Extremes on both of these sliders, growth hormone release up, inhibition down.

GHIH up might help with the lactation, but I want our Johnson big dammit.

Also,
CRH <<
GnRH <<
OXY >>

These don't need to be maxed (and probably shouldn't), but lets calm him down.

Well, then he won't need the axe. But you know what?

Fukitol; I'm down.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
This is the best

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
For those with better medical understanding, what are these all short for? I'm guessing Oxygen is Oxytocin, but what are the rest?

Also, couldn't we have just focused on Serotonin or dopamine, jeez.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Volmarias posted:

For those with better medical understanding, what are these all short for? I'm guessing Oxygen is Oxytocin, but what are the rest?

Also, couldn't we have just focused on Serotonin or dopamine, jeez.

Phht. What kind of chump readable manual?Just keep fiddling with the settings until we understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
CRH - Corticotropin Releasing Hormone. Regulates cortisol synthesis through ACTH, regulating both mood (high levels in anxiety, depression, et cetera, secreted in response to stress) and metabolism (not enough and you will die twitching and hungry).

GRH - Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone. Makes you grow. All of you, including the bits you probably wish it didn't like tumours.

GHRH - Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone. Since it makes no sense to have the same one twice, we (read: Blasphemaster and people who believe Blasphemaster) think this is probably GnRH (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone) instead.

GnRH - See above why this is on the list. Main function is reproductive control, including regulation of sex hormone production (ie, turn this up and a couple of signalling steps later, Johnson's testosterone production will go up).

OXY - Oxytocin. The "hug hormone". In-group bonding. Not limited to conspecifics (helps you bond with your dog), but doesn't have that much of an effect on attitude towards out-group members (e.g. an AI perceived as malicious). What makes this useful to us right now is more that it can also reduce fear and anxiety in situations where it's socially and contextually appropriate. Also does the reverse. Our threats should be more intimidating, and our friendly attempts less so, if we drive up Johnson's oxytocin. Also has anti-depressant effects.

GHIH - Growth Hormone Inhibiting Hormone. Mostly does what it says on the tin, makes you produce less GRH. Also inhibits glucose metabolism. Also known as the neurotransmitter somatostatin, which is involved in a plenty of (poorly understood) neural networks that don't have anything to do with the endocrine system, so we will probably want to gently caress with this separately when we have a high-resolution imaging system installed in Johnson. Also inhibits prolactin release.

TRH - Thyrotropin-releasing hormone. Stimulates release of thyroid-stimulating hormone () and prolactin (guess what this does and how it relates to the current situation! Actually also involved in aggression regulation, but I'm working on the assumption Johnson is not protecting its offspring here). Has some anti-depressant properties, which might be worth keeping in mind regarding Johnson, though I suppose the extra PRL would be unwanted? Mostly regulates metabolism in un-hosed-with humans.

Waci fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 1, 2017

• Locked thread