Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

"There is a wound in the void!"--The Lamentation Wave

In the Jericho Reach, both time and space are bleeding. The Hadex Anomaly, a churning crimson nightmare hanging in space, defies all classification. It resembles a Warp Storm in some respects, but in many ways it is far deadlier. The linear flow of time is disrupted and often outright destroyed in the presence of its bloody glow. It not only expands and contracts, but it also seems to able to shift vast distances at will, though no one has ever seen it actually move. The baleful red glow infects nearby stars, and the area around it churns with spatial and temporal anomalies. Ghost ships and phantom transmissions periodically emerge, damned crews shrieking out their last moments over and over again. Wise captains know that it's best not to listen to emergency hails when you draw near the Anomaly. It won't be the first or last time that hail is sent, and you can't save them, only join them. It is, to put it simply, a place better avoided.

It's also where you're going, unless you want to renege on your deal with Zolan Usoi, a Q'sal Sorcerer of Velklir. And while it's difficult to measure these things, the fates he could inflict on you are probably at least as awful as what the Anomaly could do to you. All you have to do is board the Inescapable Fate, a crippled Nurglite warship that has recently come drifting out of the Anomaly's depths, and which will soon be drawn back in. Its captain keeps (or perhaps kept) an extensive collection of Tzeentchi artifacts, stolen from the many servants of the Changer who have met their end at his hands. How does your employer know he has the one he's looking for? Simple. The Inescapable Fate is ALSO currently a fully functional vessel, currently at anchor with the fleet gathering in the Eye of Terror for Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade. Scrying attempts reveal the artifact apparently exists on both ships simultaneously. And while boarding a fully staffed and operational Death Guard ship would be a nearly impossible task for anything short of an army, six powerful individuals should be able to rob a dead, drifting vessel that has recently emerged from a warp anomaly. After all, how could anyone on board have possibly survived?

Just don't stay too long, or you'll be staying forever.

----------------------

It's time to run some Black Crusade! I am looking for SIX warp-tainted players to get (temporarily) teleported across the entire galaxy by an insane Q'sal Sorcerer's ritual. Find your way through a Nurgle-corrupted ship where time and space have lost all meaning, recover the powerful Tzeentchi artifact, and perform the counter-ritual to return to Q'sal, all before the ship gets dragged back into the Hadex Anomaly and you end up spending the rest of eternity on board. How could any of those steps possibly go wrong?

Assuming they don't all die horribly, the warband will then be free to kick around the Screaming Vortex and beyond at their leisure. We'll figure something out, there's no shortage of potential adventures for Chaos.

Backstory-wise, everyone in the party has been summoned because they each owed the Sorcerer a favor in return for his services, so include a little bit about what exactly he did for you.

I'll make picks January 6th, or earlier if there's enough finished characters. If you want to get in touch with me about the game, shoot me a PM, log onto #acolyte on synIRC, or just ask in here. And even if you don't have questions about the game, you should think about hanging out in #acolyte anyway, they're all good people who know their Warhammer.

Character Creation

-All races and archetypes permitted.

-For Characteristics, roll 10#2d10 in Orokos, drop the lowest roll, and assign them as you like. If the sum of your 9 remaining rolls is less than 90, you can reroll.

-You start with maximum Wounds. Starting Infamy is 40+1d5, starting Corruption is 35 plus any corruption your archetype starts with due to abilities (i.e. the +1d5 for a Psyker). Ignore the extra starting Infamy and Corruption from Advanced Archetypes.

-Humans start with 6000 XP, Space Marines have 5500 XP.

-You may choose to align to your God before spending XP, or you can do it per the original rules.

-I'd like to roll your Gifts/Rewards of the Gods myself, mostly because I'm probably going to give people who roll crappy mutations slightly/noticeably better custom versions. Looking at you, Nurgle rewards.

-For your Starting Acquisitions, you have a +20 bonus (or 2 +10s) that you may use as you like. Excessive Wealth does apply to Starting Acquisitions. And yes, you can stack this bonus with the bonus from Pride: Wealth.

-You get Starting Acquisitions equal to your Infamy Bonus, so in all likelihood you'll get 4.

-You cannot trade Starting Equipment towards Starting Acquisitions.

-You can start with a Legacy Weapon if you wish, per the rules in the Tome of Blood.

-Make Minions per the rules in Tome of Excess, using the Characteristic generation for PCs (i.e. roll 10#2d10, drop the lowest, arrange as you like). Feel free to apply the +/-5's after the fact.

Houserules:

-Advanced archetypes are being houseruled to cost 3600 for Marines and 4100 for humans. I'm of the opinion that most of the human advanced archetypes need the slight edge for a variety of reasons.

-Nurgle-aligned psykers may substitute Toughness for Willpower when making a Focus Power Test. Unnatural Toughness does not apply bonus DoS to this use.

-Reliable applies to Spray weapons; a Spray weapon with Reliable rolls an additional 1d10 if it would jam, and only jams on another 9.

-The Fellowship and Infamy requirements for Minion of Chaos (other than Superior Minion) talents are waived. Everybody is on the verge of Greater Minion infamy anyway, and Horde Minions literally scale with Infamy so I don't know why the requirements are so high.

-Unaligned characters have two options when rolling for mutations. You can roll twice as per the book, or you can choose a God and make an Infamy test. If you pass, you roll once on the Rewards for that God (you cannot gain the Mark of that God). If you fail, you only roll once for a standard mutation, but if the mutation you gain has a special bonus based on alignment, you gain the bonus associated with the God you chose for this test. You cannot choose the same God twice in a row for this.

-The most Mechanicus Assimilation you can take at the start is Machine (8). It may be possible to pass this point later on, but it will become increasingly difficult, and beyond a certain point there may be Consequences to trying to remove so much of yourself.

-If a Daemon Weapon would only have 1 power with Binding Strength 1, you can take it at Binding Strength 0.

-You may adjust any rolls on the Power Armor Customization table by 1 in either direction. This includes wrapping around from 1 to 10 or vice versa. If you're a human, you can adjust or reroll on a 1 or 10, your choice.

-I'm probably still forgetting something, so this may be expanded later.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

The Saga of Aygul posted:

But what can you say
When the loam and the foam has all boiled away
And the oceans are dust
You ride for five days through the mountains of rust
And where can you go?
Our land is forsaken and nothing will grow
And all the gods know
Is that the suffering of Xur makes a pretty good show
Drifting among the Gloaming Worlds along the rim of the Screaming Vortex, Xur is world of frozen plains, dead cities, and haunted caverns. Nomadic tribes of humans lay claim to the surface of the world, warring in the name of the battle-god Baphtar. Below them, the twisted Svartlings and their soul-fueled mechanical monsters, the Onir, rule the dark.

Somehow she survived!
She hunted she thrived!
The first to eat
Are always the last ones to die!
She conquered her world
While they waited below
Molten tracks in the snow
Return of the Master too well did she know!
It was on this world the warrior queen Aygul was born to the tribe of Ay to the chieftain Ayberk. The youngest of ten children, Aygul took her place as heir by being the only one to live beyond early childhood. Upon her father's death, she responded to a suggestion of betrothal and regency (no child can be Chief, after all) from her uncle Aygun with an arrow through his skull. By the time she was twenty, she'd led the Ay to victory and suzerainty over a dozen weaker tribes. It was then that she received word that a Svartling army had seized the local necropolis and desecrated the tomb of her tribes founding hero, Aygin.

The body of Aygin lies there enshrined
Pulsating as steel and flesh are entwined
Peering through the necro-scope, their Spypriest unseen
The soul of Aygin is found through it's dreams
Spirit-wracked, tormented, undead, and unclean
The will of Aygin drives their nation's latest, greatest war-machine!
Using the dead king's soul to power a colossal Onir construct, the Svartlings were clearly planning to make war upon the Xur. So Aygul beat them to it and launched an assault on the Svartling hold. The Svartling themselves were stunted pathetic things, no more capable of fighting than a toddler.

His wrath burns!
With insane heat
All their fury is unleashed
There is no way to defeat!
The forces and the power that he wields!

My hand holds the horn so firm
I am calm and ready to die
Everything around me burns
And I know that I will not survive
But their unholy Onir were huge nightmare engines, each taking the lives of dozens of Ay before being dismantled.

I go forth to meet my doom
But I will die in vain
Perdition waits for everyone
This world will die in flames
With all my strength
I run my horn
Deep into his eye
And as he falls
His burning corpse
I die with a tired smile!
Ultimately the tribes effort was for naught, and their ancient king was reborn. Towering to the sky and seemingly invulnerable, Aygin began to systematically eradicate his descendants with rock and flame. In desperation Aygul flung herself from her Xurunsh, and clambered up the colossus' body. After what seemed an eternity she reached Aygin's malformed head, and drove her battle horn through it's eye into whatever passed for the King's brain. Unfortunately, the Onir's fall was too great for her mortal form to bare, shattering her bones and pulping her organs with the shock of it. In agony, she whispered a prayer to Baphtar, thanking him for a most glorious death. 9/10. Would die again. In response the sky cracked open and a being armored in steel and brass descended upon wings of flame. The being took her up and carried her to the gates of Katilkonak, the afterlife of her people, where the valorous and deserving in Baphtar's eyes would fight for eternity.

Oh won't you come with me
To the place where angels fear to fly
We'll ravage untold worlds
And split apart the sky
Oh yes there is a place
To make a devil cry
Oh won't you come with me
To the place where legends never die!
Orbiting above the Frozen Heart of the Screaming Vortex itself, Katilkonak is a gateway to a region of the realm of Khorne set aside for the faithful of Xur. While boasting of Aztec delights and Asgardian nights, the greatest reward relied on the ritualists and sorcerers of the Screaming Vortex to summon forth the halls denizens back into the physical world, to battle amongst mortals once again. In this way the warriors could continue to increase their glory and favour with Baphtar beyond what their own world could possibly allow, and possibly achieve Daemonhood itself. Over the next few centuries Aygul built her reputation in the Screaming Vortex, and soon it became apparent that she would soon claim Godhood.

Her reputation inspired
Zol' said "You're hired!
The battle with Slyn is gonna be a riot!"
So she raged in space
Got caught in the wrong place
And banished with no trace
With apotheosis at hand, she and her tribe were summoned by the Q'Sal sorceror, Zolon. Compacts with agents of the Raven God were rare, but not unheard of...
And besides, his desire was for Aygul to slaughter his slaaneshi rival Slyn. Defeating a prominent champion of Baphtar's rival would surely bring her just that much closer to her deserved ascension, would it not?
But sorcerors are treacherous beings, and Zolon proved he was no different. The planned battle was a lie, a trap set by the blasphemous wizard. The ship meant to ferry them to Slyn's fortress-ship instead crashed itself into an asteroid, killing all aboard. Normally a mere inconvenience (they were dead afterall), the foul psyker snared Aygul's soul as if it were a fly caught in his web. He proceeded to drain most of her power like a leech before showing her off to all his douchie Tzeentch buddies as proof of his sorcerous might.

"You shall abide in shadow!
Crucified in the Abyss of Woe!
And for your crimes, this is your time
You pathetic slime!"
When he was done gloating, Zolon cast Aygul into the Abyss of Woe to suffer for all eternity, or until the psyker had need of what was left of her...
pre:
Name: Aygul
Race: Human
Archetype: Xurunsh Frost-Father
Pride: Charm
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Ascendancy

Characteristics:
WS:   = 43 +13+5
BS:   = 44 +14+5
S:    = 42 +5+12
T:    = 25 +5 -5
Ag:   = 40 +15
Int:  = 31 +6
Per:  = 36 +11
WP:   = 45 +12+3+5
Fel:  = 63 +3 +5+20+10

Wounds: 
Infamy: 41
Corruption: 40

Alignment: Khorne BAPHTAR

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Command +10
Common Lore (Xurunt, War, Jericho Reach)
Deceive
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)
Intimidate+10
Linguistics (Low Gothic, Xurish, Chaos Marks)
Navigate (Surface)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Stealth
Survival +10
Trade (Soothsayer)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Battle Rage
Berserk Charge
Catfall
Combat Master
Disarm
Frenzy
Furious Assault
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Xur)
Peer (Khornates)
Pity the Weak
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Fear)
Superior Minion of Chaos (must be a Xurunsh, see page 108)
Sure Strike
Weapon Training (Primary, SP)

Traits:
Fear 3 (4 Against Space Marines, Imperial Guard, and other opposed Warriors)

Equipment:
Best Craftsmanship sword with the Mono upgrade
Good Craftsmanship Lance-Goad
30 arrows with the Mono Quality
Best Craftsmanship Knife with the Mono Quality
Beast Furs
8 Trophy Skulls

Gifts of the Gods:
Daemon Weapon
Face of Khorne
Darksoul

Advancements 6000/6000
Charm 200
Daemonology 200
BS1 250
Fel 1 250
Fel 2 500
Minion of Chaos (Brazen Herald) 500

Acquisitions:
Pheremone Generator Baphtar given battle-scent
Light Power Armor
Crest of KhorneBaphtar
Horn of Chaos

Gör-Gör comes and sirens wail
Mournful drone of babbling fail
Thunderous gnashing firestorm
Flames illuminate his form
Gör-Gör comes and you must die
Swats Valkyries from the sky!
Admit you crave the gift he brings you
Fall worship tyrant king, you!
Gör-Gör!

To sow pestilent hate, He shall obliterate!
The shadows of his long dead brothers
And all the mutilated others
Who died in waves, uniform
To appease his bloodied hulking form
Who broke through layers of molten strata
To make the planet Xur errata

Skulls are smashed and bones are bending
Joints are popping, our claws are rending
Groveling, sniveling, driveling horde
To worship scaly overlord
Apocalypse becomes creation
Gör-Gör shall erase your nation
Before you jump into his gizzard
Fall and worship tyrant lizard
Gör-Gör comes and you must die
He swats the drop-pods from the sky
Admit you crave the gift he brings you
Fall and worship tyrant king you!
Gör-Gör!
Like all Xurunsh, Gör-Gör was hatched by his master as soon as she could walk, growing up alongside her and forging an unbreakable bond... barring the occasional attempt to eat her. Aygul's body is marked by the numerous scars where he's nearly succeeded before coming to his senses or being dragged off her. But he doesn't really mean it, poor guy, he's just so hungry! As Gör-Gör has grown older he's also grown hotter, some supernatural forge within causes him to give off pulsing waves of searing heat and steam as it moulds his body, scalding all who dare approach.
pre:
Name: Gör-Gör

Characteristics:
WS:   = 40
BS:   = 12
S:    = 45
T:    = 45
Ag:   = 25
Int:  = 15
Per:  = 20
WP:   = 15
Fel:  = 10

Armour: Dense Hide (All 3)
Wounds: 30
Movement: 4/8/12/24

Skills:
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)

Talents:
Fearless

Traits:
Bestial
Brutal Charge (4)
Natural Armour (3)
Deadly Natural Weapons
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+2)
Size (Enormous)
Stampede
Wreathed in Chaos!:The heat of Khorne’s infernal forges causes the air around the character to ripple and distort.
When engaged in melee, his enemies suffer a –10 penalty to their Weapon Skill.
Insatiable: A Xurunsh is an unceasingly ravenous carnivore, and many watch for the slightest opportunity to turn on their master.
Any time that a rider makes a Skill Test and rolls doubles, the Xurunsh immediately attempts to devour him
Floki the Flyter

In the name of war
In the name of love
In the name of the blood dripping out of the Sun
She calls out your God, till before her He stands
But don't send the Emp'ror, he's only a man!
Floki isn't just a Brazen Herald, he's the entity who brought Aygul and her dying tribe to Katilkonak; serving as her personal herald, skald, and biographer since. Floki has staked his reputation with the Blood God on Aygul's success, and has stayed with her through her disgrace. Her failures are his, and so are her triumphs.
pre:
Characteristics:
WS:   = 50
BS:   = 20
S:    = 52
T:    = 45
Ag:   = 45
Int:  = 35
Per:  = 25
WP:   = 50
Fel:  = 43

Wounds: 15

Armour: Brass Plate Armour (All 5)

Skills: 
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)
Command (Fel) +10
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Dodge (Ag) +10
Intimidate (S) +20
Parry (WS) +10
Scholastic Lore (Heraldry, Legend) (Int)

Talents: Ambidextrous
Blade Dancer
Blademaster
Challenge†
Combat Master
Disturbing Voice
Lightning Attack
Polyglot
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Step Aside
Swift Attack
Two Weapon Wielder (Melee)
Wall of Brass††
War Cry

Traits:
From Beyond
Undying
Unnatural Fellowship (3)
Unnatural Strength (1)

Weapons: 
Hellish Blast (Basic; 15m; S/–/–; 1d10+9 E; Pen 4; Flame, Spray, Tainted†††)
Pair of Rune Swords (Melee; 1d10+15 R; Pen 0; Balanced, Tainted†††, Tearing)

Gear: Vox-Unit

"Your pleas for reason are simply pathetic
Why waste words when my arrows are poetic?"
Aygul has wielded the family bow since her fathers early death. Much like Aygul herself, her weapon was changed by her ascension to Katilkonak. A great spirit now dwells within, whispering to her, urging her to ever greater heights of fame and slaughter. When she was consigned to the Abyss of Woe by Zolan, the spirit within deemed her unworthy and rebelled, only being brought to heel by force of will and the promise of vengeance. The spirit has become abusive since, demanding she overcome her pathetic failings and reclaim the glory that she once had.
pre:
Name: Ayı Diş
Range: 40m 
RoF: S/–/– 
Damage:1d10R+.5IB+3
Pen:3+.5IB
Clip: 1 
Reload:Half
Traits:Reliable, Felling (4), Tearing, Warp Weapon
Legacy of Slaughter: +20 to next attack after kill
Slayer-Felling
Ragged-Tearing

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 6, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ekram, Pyrae of the 4th Fellowship and his Rubric Marines Atiq, Harun, and Manzur

I still recall their faces clearly. Not the faces of whom I have killed. That is so cliche. Plus I have killed too many, and most of them were masked or helmeted. I mean of my three brothers in arms. Atiq had skin the color and texture of the old leather binding on a tome that almost cracked when he smiled, or frowned. Harun always had a youthly demeanor to his face which he tried to hide with his patch scruffy beard and bald head, but the youthful glow was always in the eyes. Manzur was always called "Little Magnus" due to losing his eye in battle against some xenos early in the great crusade.

They are all I have left of my squad. Between the Great Crusade, the burning of Prospero, and the Flesh change awaiting us on the Planet of Sorcerers that prompted Ahriman and his damned Rubric, only I, Atiq, Harun, and Manzur remained, only for then all to be nothing but empty shells, their innards turned to dust. I wasn't even the best warrior among us, nor the best leader. The irony was that I was given command and the best armor only because I was a Sorcerer in an army the venerated sorcerers. Harun was always the one to translate my ideas into orders, and Manzur would likely not be Little Magnus if he had Terminator armor at his disposal. Even as a Sorcerer I was nowhere near the best that the Pyrae Temple had. There have been many days over the last Ten Thousand Years that I have envied them their condition. Being burdened with the pain of their loss, at least in the flesh and their personalities, has been to much. They have fallen time and again, only for me to use Ahriman's rituals to rebind them to their shells. At least like the others I will never fully lose them.

Which leads me to the Hadrex Anomaly. Zolan Usoi provided me with an easy ritual I could use to bring back any of my three companions if they were to die. When Rubrics perish their souls are not consumed, but instead stay in the warp. I used to have to get someone from the other fellowships to do the ritual for me, but now I can summon them back on my own.

Which is good, as I feel I will have need of it before this trip is through.

pre:
Name: Ekram, Pyrae of the 4th Fellowship
Race: Chaos Space Marine
Archetype: One Thousand Sons Sorcerer
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Regret 
Motivation: Perfection

Characteristics:
WS:   40=30+10
BS:   39=30+9
S:   35=30+10-5(pride)
T:   40=30+10  
Ag:   40=30+10  
Int:  41=30+11 
Per: 40=30+13-3(Motivation) 
WP:  64=30+14+5(1k sons)+5(pride)+5(motivation)+5(advance)    
Fel:  40=30+8+5(1k sons)-3(motivation)

Wounds:20
Infamy: 44
Corruption:41=35+1(1k sons)+5(disgrace)

Alignment: Tzeentch

Skills:
Athletics
awareness
Command 
common lore (war, choose one)
dodge
Forbidden Lore (adeptus astartes, the horus heresy, and the long war, psykers, warp)
Linguistics (low gothic)
Logic
navigate (surface)
Operate (surface)
Parry
Psyniscience +10
Scholastic lore (legends, occult) 
Scrutiny

Talents:
ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior 
bulging biceps
legion weapon training
heightened senses (hearing, sight)
Meditation
nerves of steel 
Psy rating (x5)
quick draw
resistance (cold, heat, poisons, psychic powers)
Strong Minded
unarmed warrior
Warp Sense

Traits:
amphibious 
unnatural str (+4)
unnatural toughness (+4) 
Unnatural willpower (+2)
Psyker (bound)
Rubric of Ahriman: may roll additional die when perils and can choose.
Unnatural WP does not count toward maximum psy rating
Haunted: +10 modifier against me when opponents intimidate me. 

Psychic Powers:
500 exp worth-
Manifest Flame 100
Fire Bolt- 100
Fire Barrage- 250
Boon of Tzeentch

Equipment:
Legion Power armor (Power supply tampering)
-sustainable power source, recoil gauntlets, autosenses
Legion Combat knife
Legion bolter w/ 4 mags
Legion Bolt Pistol w/2 mags of inferno bolts
force sword
Talisman of Tzeentch

Gifts of the Gods:
Warpsmith: +2 psy rating
Wreathed in Chaos: +10 to interactions with other chaos, +2 melee damage. 

Advancements 5400/5500
3600 Thousand sons
Minion of Chaos-Atiq 500
Minion of Chaos- Harun 500
Minion of Chaos- Manzur 500
Willpower simple 100
Psyniscience +10 200

Acquisitions:
1) GC terminator armor (Devotional Iconography-Tzeentch) (thanks for the math on that dachhund!)
-Autosenses, sustainable power source and mag boot soles
2) Legion Combi-plasma(extremely rare to very rare -20, single +10= -10 mod)
3) Legion Heavy Flamer/w extended mags (very rare to rare -10, Upgrade Rare back to very rare -20, single +10)
4) Beguiling gem (Very rare -20, single +10)

stats: 10#2d10 10 9 8 10 10 13 14 4 10 11
Holy average 10s Batman!

starting infamy: 40+1d5 44
armor customization for PA and Term (respectively): 2d10 11

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 30, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Starting Acquisitions are done as per the book. There's no rolling; as long as you can get the total modifier on any item down to -10 (Rare), you automatically get it. Those are just flat bonuses.

You can take an item, let's say GC Legion Terminator Armor as follows: (Near Unique -50 +20 Ancient Warrior +20 Bonus +10 Single -10 Good). That maths out to a total modifier of -10 or better, so it's yours.

And yes to minions, I knew there was at least one houserule I was forgetting. I'm also throwing in a rule that I like for making Unaligned characters a little more viable/fun, mutation-wise.

e: No 1-to-1 trades of starting items, it's become apparent that this will be used only for evil.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 21, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ekram, Pyrae of the 4th Fellowship (Werix):

Rewards Infamy x2 vs 44: 2#1d100 10 96

Reward, Gift: 2#1d100 93 98

That's Warpsmith and your choice of one of the following: Tentacle, Vampiric Addiction, Warp-Touched, Warpsight, or Wreathed in Chaos.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Venturious, Explorator Heretek

Explorator Magos whose travels have caused him to become fascinated by the forms of the Xenos he has encountered, and seeks to find a perfect form for himself. Heretekal science turned him into a floating head designed to interface with both flesh and machine in a parasitic fashion, allowing him to control the body of an unresisting host for a time.

Stats: 10#2d10 9 12 6 11 13 17 6 19 7 10

pre:
Name: Venturious, Explorator Heretek
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Beauty
Disgrace: Waste

Characteristics:
WS:  28 = 25 + 6 - 3 (Motivation)
BS:  37 = 25 + 12
S:   38 = 25 + 11 - 3 (Motivation) + 5 (Advance)
T:   32 = 25 + 7
Ag:  42 = 25 + 17
Int: 43 = 25 + 13 + 5 (Heretek)
Per: 34 = 25 + 9
WP:  46 = 25 + 19 - 4 (Pride) - 4 (Disgrace) + 5 (Motivation) + 5 (Advance)
Fel: 40 = 25 + 10 + 5 (Advance)

Wounds: 17
Infamy:47 = 40 + 3 + 2 (Pride) + 2 (Disgrace)
Corruption: 36 = 35 + 1 (Cold Hearted) 

Alignment: Slaanesh

Skills:
Logic
Common Lore (War)
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex)
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Common Lore (Tech)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Chymist)
Tech Use + 30
Dodge
Security
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Medicae + 10
Charm

Talents:
Binary Chatter
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Bolt)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Meditation
Armour-Monger
Cold Hearted
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)

Traits:
Mechanicus Implants
Traitor to Mars
Quick and the Dead
Fear 1
Size 2
Parasite

Equipment:
Daemonic Baleful Eye (10m, S/2/-, 1d10+6 E Pen 9, Crippling 2, Unnatural Ag +1)
Best Lascarbine
Good Greataxe
Light Carapace Armor
Unholy Unguents
Combi-Tool
Dataslate
Utility Mechadendrite
Maglev Coils

Gifts of the Gods:
Darksoul (Slaanesh)

Advancements 6000/6000
Maglev Transcendence - 500
Mimic - 200
Light Sleeper - 250
Exotic Weapon Training (Baleful Eye) - 500
Minion of Chaos - 500
Unholy Devotion - 750
Tech-Use Trained - 350
Tech-Use Experienced - 500
Tech-Use Veteran - 750
Medicae Known - 250
Medicae Trained - 500
Strength Simple - 500
Fellowship Simple - 100
Charm Known - 100
Willpower Simple - 250

Experiment DV1736v3
pre:
Minion of Chaos
Name: Experiment DV1736v3
Race: Experiment
Archetype: Host Body

Characteristics:
WS:  30 =  30
BS:  24 =  24
S:   30 =  30
T:   33 =  28 +5 
Ag:  39 =  34 +5
Int: 20 =  20
Per: 30 =  30
WP:  16 =  21 -5
Fel: 20 =  25 -5

Wounds: 14
Movement Rate: 10
TB: 6
SB: 6

Traits:
Mutant (1) - Centauroid
Host (See: Parasite, page 49 Book of Excess)
Deadly Natural Weapons
Quadruped
Size (6)
Unnatural Toughness (+3)
Unnatural Strength (+3)

Talents:
Swift Attack
Combat Master
Weapon Training (Power, Launcher)
Blind Fighting
Sound Constitution x2

Skills:
Dodge +10
Intimidate +10
Athletics
Acrobatics

Equipment:
Heavy Carapace Armor (Aquisition)
Power Scythe (Aquisition)
Missile Launcher (Aquisition)
3x Krak Missiles
10x Frag Missiles (Aquisition)

Host Body Stats: 9#2d10+15 30 24 30 28 20 34 25 21 30

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 29, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Venturious, Explorator Heretek (chin up everything sucks):

Rewards Infamy x2 vs 47: 94 5

Slaanesh Gift, Reward: 30 33

You get a Daemon Weapon of Slaanesh and your choice of one of the following: Darksoul, Dimensional Instability, Emaciated, Eye of Chaos, or Eyestalks.

"H'birmirwn'yith" Baleful Eye 10m, (1d10+6 E Pen 9), Crippling (2), grants wielder Unnatural Agility (1)
Binding Strength: 0 (While the daemon is bound, it is only barely contained; its power rages strong, but it is just as willful as the moment it was summoned. I'm allowing this as an option ONLY if Binding Strength 1 would result in only 1 power for the weapon)
Daemon Weapon Attributes (Unaligned, Slaanesh): 68 40, you selected Wounding, Swiftness

Minion Mutation: 38 Centauroid

Khorne ???? (Schizotek):

Rewards Infamy x3 vs 41: 63 39 25

Gift, Reward, Reward: 24 29 38:

Boneless, Chaos Organ, Cyclops, or Darksoul. A Daemon Weapon and the Face of Khorne.

Daemon Bow (hell yes, I am psyched, legacy that poo poo and let's get stupid up in here)
Daemon Weapon Attributes (Unaligned x2) 85 80, modifying one by the Infamy, you get Impossibly Sharp(!) and Impervious.

Tzeentch VotLW (Vic):

Rewards Infamy x2 vs 47: 2#1d100 23 20

Tzeentch Rewards x2: 2#1d100 27 93

That's a Daemon Weapon and Warpsmith.

Force Sword
Binding Strength: 1
Daemon Weapon Attributes (Unaligned x2): 2#1d100 76 73 Advancing one by the infamy, that's Wounding, Impossibly Sharp :suicide:

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 23, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Thousands of objective years in timeless space, only to experience the natural flow when he returns to realspace have kept the hate alive in Steknavich. Hatred for the Imperium, to be sure, but also for his fellow sorcerers. The fool Ahriman managed what the False Emperor's dogs could not and nearly destroyed the legion. Out of tens of thousands all but a handful are dust and nothing more. The rest are a fragmented force of conniving schemers trying to eke out the small victories across the galaxy, even worse than the crazed berzerkers of the World Eaters in their way. They've forgotten how it is an Astartes handles matters. With fire and steel, blood and ceremite.

Always he was at the forefront. While others in the legion fell back on their psyker mastery, Steknavich channeled his talents through martial assault. Rocketing into battle and falling like the onset of night upon his enemies, eldritch power crackling through his blade, he tore through hordes of foes the way a marine should. But with the death of his legion, in his eyes anyway, he's struck out to find worthier foes. This has brought much power to him but as with all warlords he craves more. To that end he agreed wholeheartedly to join this expedition to the hated Nurglite ship to recover what he sees as properly belonging to the Thousand Sons. Perhaps he can find some rite or artifact to resurrect the legion. Under his command, of course.

pre:
Name: Steknavich
Archetype: Veteran of the Long War
Alignment: Tzeentch
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Hubris

Characteristics: 
WS:  52 (30+12) [+5 Archetype] [+5 Motivation]
BS:  41 (30+11)
S:   59 (30+14) [+20 Equipment] [-5 Pride]
T:   44 (30+14)
Ag:  41 (30+11)
Int: 38 (30+12) [-4 Disgrace]
Per: 34 (30+ 7) [-3 Motivattion]
WP:  61 (30+16) [+5 Archetype] [+10 Advance] [+5 Pride]
Fel: 34 (30+ 7) [-3 Motivation]

Wounds:  17/17
IP:        4/4    
Infamy:     47 [+2 Disgrace]
Corruption: 36

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness +10
Charm
Command
Common Lore (War)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Astartes)
Forbidden Lore (Demonology)
Forbidden Lore (Inquisition)
Forbidden Lore (Long War)
Intimidation
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Aeronautica)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)

Talents:

Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Astartes)
Hatred (Astartes, Imperial Guard)
Jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing)
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Traitor Legions, Warlords)
Quick Draw
Raptor
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakable Will

Traits:

Abhorrence Unchained
Amphibious
Eternal Enemy (Rubric of Ahriman)
Psyker
Psy Rating 6
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4

Gifts:

Demon Weapon (Force Sword)
Warpsmith

Psy Powers:

Blade of Baleful Might

Gear:

Best Legion Power Armor
 - Auto-Senses
 - Vox Link
 - Sustainable Power Source
 - Horns
 - +5 to Intimidation tests
Legion Bolt Pistol w/ 4 mags
Legion Combat Knife
1 Legion Frag
1 Legion Krak
Trophy Rack
Demon Force Sword
 - Impossibly Sharp
 - Wounding
Good Jump Pack
Best Psy Focus
Infernal Star

Advances:                5500/5500

Archetype                     3600
Psy Rating 4                   750
Willpower +5                   100
Willpower +5                   250
Operate (Aeronautica)          200
Blade of Baleful Might         300
Raptor                         200
Psyniscience                   100
pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
52	41	59	44	41	38	34	61	34

Wounds: 17/17
Infamy:  4/4

Armour: 9 All
Dodge 51   Parry 67

Bolt Pistol         30m   S/2/-   1d10+9  X   Pen 4    8/8    Half   Tearing
Demon Force Sword    ---  -----   1d10+20 R   Pen 11   ---    ----   Balanced, Crippling 3, Force, Warp Weapon, Wounding 

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 27, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Vic, since I have used the VoTL and 1k Sons combo before you have to read the Eternal Enemy entry again. It says you pick one special ability from any archetype. Thousand Sons has Psyker which gives you psy rating and psyker trait and Rubric, which gives unnatural WP and perils dice. You took both psyker and Rubric it seems. If you get both special abilities then why would anyone looking at an advanced archetype not just do VoTL every single time?

So unless Dachshund tells my rear end not to rules lawyer, you got to decide if you want to be a psyker, or if you want that WP and extra Perils Die.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, you're gonna have to bump back your PR or give up the Rubric. You'll still have a Psy Rating either way because of Warpsmith, but you're either a PR 3 Psyker with the Rubric or a PR 6 Psyker without it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Well, to be fair, it says Special Ability, not Trait. But I don't mind knocking off the Unnat WP in favor of Psy Rating 6 :v:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Interest post, thinking of doing a Berserker or something Khorne flavored.

Edit: Stats http://orokos.com/roll/469021
Will get the character sheet thrown together tomorrow.

Tarquin the Bloody
Veteran of the Long War
Alignment: Khorne

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 22, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Gonna have a slaaneshi renegade for ya.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Working on a Khornate heretek, who's obsessed with necrons (especially flayed ones) and thinks they're perfect living weapons.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hey, how do you feel about newbies ? :v:

I've always wanted to play this but never got the chance to and since deadline is the 6th I'd have time to read the rules.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Everyone's a newbie once. App away, there's plenty of time!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Hera Salvius, Gunslinger

Injuries are a common thing, in the arenas of Gunmetal City. You're flinging bits of metal at each other at thousands of miles per hour; bad things are going to happen, even if you find yourself the winner. I should know. Two years in, I took a bullet to the spine, but at that point, I had enough noble favors stocked up to get myself a nice new bionic replacement. Not that finishing a deathmatch partially paralyzed is really something I'd recommend.

But lose an eye? Even partially? You're done. Even a cybernetic won't do the trick, the desync between your meat eye and the machine one screws up shot placement, even if you get a real nice one with comparable resolution. So when that piece of ferrocrete shrapnel burrowed through my pupil and lodged itself in the bone of my eye socket, I did what I'd always been told to do - I prayed. I was doing the will of the nobility, the Emperor's chosen. Surely I was deserving of recovery?

No? Well, you don't grow up two hab-levels from the Infernis without hearing that there are... other things you can pray to, when the Emperor turns a deaf ear. And surely enough, I came back better than ever. My new eye - it shows me how people are going to die, before they do. It's brilliant. Bought myself a nice, new pair of pistols and started a win streak that won't be beat for millennia, I'm sure. And I found new friends with my new sense of religious tolerance. And praying to their gods actually seemed to keep working.

But the eye - it also started growing larger, and more bloodshot with every kill. I didn't notice at first, but after six years, the damned thing is popping halfway out of the socket, and it looks like a spider's spinning a jagged red web across my sclera. Eventually, someone would notice it for what it was - a mutation.

No worries, one of my new friends said. He had been in astropathic contact with his patron from a faraway sector. He'd get me off-planet and set up somewhere new, away from the prying eyes of the devout, and all I had to do was one, last marathon deathmatch. With a team.

Lord of Fate, give me the presence of mind to stay one step ahead of this mysterious benefactor. Lord of Perfection, let me strike unerringly. Lord of Life, keep me strong enough to endure. Lord of Battle, let my blood flow through my veins, and not across the decks of whatever warp-forsaken starship I'm on the way to.

quote:

Name: Hera Salvius
Career Path: Renegade (+3 Bs/Ws)
Alignment: Unaligned

Characteristics
WeS: 33 (25+08)
BaS: 60 (33+17+10) (+1 Unnatural)
Str: 30 (22+08)
Tou: 30 (20+10)
Agi: 54 (25+19+10)
Int: 35 (25+10)
Per: 44 (25+14+05)
Wil: 43 (25+18)
Fel: 41 (30+11)

Wounds: 15 (10+5)
Corruption: 43 (35+5 Failing+2LamentationWave+1Trial)
Inf: 44 (40 + Roll of 2 +2 Trial)

Pride: Charm (+5 Fel, -5 Tou)
Failing: Regret (+5 Corr, Scarred by Regret)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 BS, -3 WS/Str)

Skills:
Acrobatics
+Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Command
CL: Screaming Vortex, Imperium, War
+Dodge
Ling: Low Gothic
Operate: Surface
Parry
SL: Tactica Imperialis
Stealth
Tech-Use
Trade: Entertainer

Talents:
Ambidextrous/Two-Weapon Wielder (BS)/Gunslinger
Catfall
Disarm
Hip Shooting
Jaded
Marksman
Mighty Shot
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Step Aside
Target Selection
WT: Primary, Chain, Flame, Las, SP, Bolt

Traits:
Quick and Dead - +2 Initiative
Scarred by Regret - Attempts to Inimidate you get a +10
Adroit (BS) - +1 DoS on successful BS tests

Gear:
GC Boltgun
CC Bolt Pistol
CC Power Mace
Heavy Carapace Armor
Medkit
Data-Slate with Tactica Imperialis

Acquisitions:
+2x CC Bolt Pistol w/ Extended Magazine (VR -20, Mod -10, 2x of -0, +20 Special)
+Bolt Pistols are a Legacy Pair
+GC Helmet Augmentations (Rare -10, Good -10, Single +10)
+BC Bionic Locomotion (Scarce -0, Best -20, Single +10)

XP Xpenditure (6250/6250 spent)
S200: Acrobatics
S200: Charm
K350: Athletics+10
U250: Ambidextrous
U500: Two-Weapon Wielder (BS)
U750: Gunslinger
U750: Target Selection
U750: Step Aside
N750: Mighty Shot
U750: BS+10
U750: Agi+10
U250: Per+5

Mutations:
Infernal Will
Dimensional Instability
Chaos Organ (Deathsight Eye, Unnatural BS)

==================

Legacy Weapons: Showtime and Curtain Call

Base CC Bolt Pistol w/ Extended Magazine:
Pistol, 30m, S/2/- RoF, 1d10+5X Damage, Pen 4. Clip 10, Tearing.

Legacy Weapon: +1/2InfB (2) to Damage and Pen, Treated as GC (Reliable)
Legacy of Excess: +1 DoS to BS tests, +5 Agi while held, Failed Agi by 4+ DoF gives pt of corruption.
Bellicose Legacy:
Slayer (Right Hand): May spend IP to grant Felling (InfB) for a single combat.
Shattering (Right Hand, Left Hand): Gains Razor Sharp

Final GC Bolt Pistol w/ Extended Magazine:
Pistol, 30m, S/2/- RoF, 1d10+7X Damage, Pen 6. Clip 10, Tearing, Reliable, Razor Sharp.
(Right hand has Slayer)

Characteristics: 10#2d10 13 10 9 10 5 8 2 4 14 11
That's 84, by my count, so here's try 2.
Characteristics, Try 2: 10#2d10 17 10 18 19 10 4 8 14 11 8
Infamy: 1d5+40 42
Legacy Weapon Abilities (Bellicose): 3#1d10 6 4 1

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 6, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tarquin The Bloody
"I never took much pride in Khorne's berserkers. Lobotomizing myself to never feel anything but rage makes for great amounts of bloodshed, but it makes you lose the appreciation of the art of combat and the joy of claiming of skulls for Khorne. Don't get me wrong, loosing oneself to the din of battle and the fury of mortal combat is something to be praised in the name of Khorne, but I've always felt like that rage is something to reach for; to become closer to our lord of bloodshed in combat rather than it being the status quo. The lows of the mundane are what make the highs of the fury and the anger so much more delectable. I should know, I've banded about with the likes of the berserkers before for a time. I have to admit their heart was in the right place, right until the point that one or another would seek to challenge me - That's when their head would find it's right place on the end of a spike. Me and The old Bonerender here would see to that."

"I've been fighting wars against the servants of the corpse god for longer than most can remember, and you know what I've found? Their fervency to their dead savior is not unlike those of my lobotomized kin. Screaming in platitudes and indignation for strength, loosing sight of the big picture. It would almost be cute if it weren't so damned sad. They cry for their false messiah's aid like mewling pups but they lack what it takes to claim their father's favor off of the necks of their enemies. Their pretense of nobility is their undoing, and it gives me great pleasure to see their house of sand cast into ruin."

"Now I'm stuck on this vessel about to be called on by a worm to scared to fight his own battles. He thinks I owe him a favor for getting me away from my raging kin. Little does he know this is only a distraction for me. I'll humor him for now, until it's time for my next project. Until that point, his head can stay on his shoulders. The skull throne will call for his as well in good time and I'll be happy to oblige."
pre:
Name: Tarquin The Bloody
Archetype: Veteran of the Long War
Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Violence

Characteristics: 
WS:  59 (30+19) +5 [archetype] +5 [pride]
BS:  35 (30+5)
S:   44 (30+14)
T:   40 (30+10)
Ag:  44 (30+14)
Int: 32 (30+10) -5 [pride] -3 [Legacy]
Per: 39 (30+9) 
WP:  47 (30+12) +5 [archetype]
Fel: 33 (30+7) -4 [disgrace]

Wounds:  20
IP:            4/4
Infamy:     41 (40 +2 [roll] +2 [disgrace] -3 [Rerolling gift per GM FIAT]
Corruption: 40  (35 +5 [legacy])

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness +10
Common Lore (War)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, The Long War, Codex Astartes)
Intimidation +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (surface)
Parry
Survival

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Disturbing Voice
Enemy (Adeptus Astartes)
Excessive Wealth
Flesh Render
Frenzy
Hatred (Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Guard)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Attack
Lightning Reflexes
Jaded
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Traitor Legions, Warlords, Mortal devotees of Khorne)
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakable Will

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4
Fear (2)
Dark Sight

Abilities
The Eternal Enemy - Gain ability and a piece of wargear of a similarly aligned CSM specialty

Unstoppable Wrath: During combat, spend infamy and make opposed strength check to ignore successful parry 
OR Make +0 toughness check to ignore injury, stunning, fatigue, or death for a single round.

Abhorrence Unchained: Upon killing a Hatred foe, roll +10 infamy to gain fear (2) and +1 damage vs that kind of hated foe

Gifts:
Face of Khorne
Tail (Khorne)

Gear:
Legionnaire Power Armor
-Customization: Careful Maintenance
     -Sustainable power Source
     -Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
     -Enhanced Ceramite Plating
     -Auto Senses

Legionnaire Bolt Pistol x 2 w/ 6 magazines
Legionnaire Combat Knife
1 Legion Frag Grenade
1 Legion Krak Grenade
Trophy Rack
Legion Chainsword

Experience:                5300/5500
Archetype                     3600

Advances 1700/1900
Flesh Render (200) (K)
Swift Attack (300) (K)
Frenzy (200) (K)
Excessive Wealth (500) (S)
Lightning Attack (400) (K)
Operate (Aeronautica) (100) (U)

Acquisitions:
Good Quality Castir Greataxe (-20 [VRare] -10 [Good Quality] +10 [Single Quantity] +10 [EW] +20 [Req Bonus] -20 [legacy] = -10)
  +Legacy Of Hatred: +2 damage vs hated targets, Good -> Best quality
  +Vigilant Pattern
     +Defender - Remove Unwieldly from weapon profile
     +Pendulum - Once per round gain bonus to a parry or dodge check equal to enemy's bonus to the weapon skill roll

Skull Totem ( -20 [vrare] +10 [single quantity])

Infernal Star ( -30 [exrare] +10 [single quantity] + 10 [Excessive Wealth])

Best Quality Jump Pack (-10 [rare] -20 [best] +10 [single quantity] +10 [Excessive Wealth])

Starting Stats: http://orokos.com/roll/469021
Starting infamy: http://orokos.com/roll/469112
Power Armor Customization: http://orokos.com/roll/469294
Legacy Weapon Abilities: http://orokos.com/roll/469312

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 23, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'm tempted on doing a Plague Marine scheduled to be stationed on the Inescapable Fate, tagging along to get a look at his, er, inescapable fate. I am, however, a bit of a neophyte with this system.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
AJ_Impy, that's a little more organization than Chaos Marines actually have, but I think we can work up a character background along those lines that fits the fluff. Like I said, I'm 100% cool with newbies, everybody's new once.

------------------------

Rolling up mutations.

Jolinaxas:

Unaligned Mutations x3: 86 56, 20 28, 88 23

Your first choice set is Additional Limb, Strange Walk, Tail, Tentacle, Infernal Will, Inside-Out, Pseudo-Daemonhood, Intelligent Cyst, Warp Eater.

Your second choice set is Winged, Blessed Fits, Steel Hearted, Boneless, Burning Body, Chaos Organ, Cyclops, Darksoul, Dimensional Instability, Emaciated.

Your third choice set is Additional Limb, Strange Walk, Tail, Tentacle, Steel Hearted, Boneless, Burning Body, Chaos Organ, Cyclops.

Whole lot of interesting possibilities in there.

DeathSandwich:

Yes, Ancient Warrior affects all weapons and armor with the Legion keyword in the name.

Rewards Infamy x2 vs 44: 55 40

Gift, Reward: 91 61

Your normal mutation choices are Tail, Tentacle, Vampiric Addiction.

Your reward is the Hand of Khorne, which deals 2d10+SB Damage, Pen 8, and does not count as Unarmed. It won't prevent you from using that hand to wield other weapons, and it won't hinder your fine manipulation skills any more than the Power Armor already does. It also counts as a Deadly Natural Weapon, so it is immune to the Power Field quality. DS has chosen to burn 1d5 Infamy to reroll this admittedly bad-for-his-character result.

Reward Reroll Infamy Burn and Result: 1d5 3 1d100 45

You lost 3 Infamy and in return you now have the Face of Khorne.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 23, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Interest post, writing up a pc. Got decent stats.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 23, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Randall the Savage

Randall the Savage is a true Amercian, a creature of raw courage and brutality that has fought for the rights of every man under his command. For the centuries after he first distanced himself from his chapter to rule over a feudal world as its sole champion, he has fought for what he felt was right, and has fought for his very life.

Once a proud battle brother of the Space Wolves, Randall turned his back to the Imperium and his brothers when his greatest and closest comrade, Brother Bollea, was slain in accidental fire from an allied Guard camp; the fact that he could not seek vengeance hurt the Space Wolf's pride deeply, and for some time he felt as if the universe had come crashing down around him, fueling a pain deep within him.

But he could not let it slide, and one night, took a stand against the division that had caused the accident, slaughtering them to the last man. Randall's convictions, his strong feelings of right and wrong, had been tainted by chaos, and once the deed was done he fled, taking to the furthest reaches of the Imperium to take control of a feudal world like the primachs of old.

Now, he stands as lord of a small empire upon the planet of Amercia, where he refuses to take trouble for very long even from within his court.

Sheet is WIP

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Prince Ranveer

The dark skinned man takes a deep breath as he adjusts his golden scale armor. Everything must be perfect. Everything must be legendary. He daubs gently at the blood on his face, rubbing it between his fingers, making sure it hadn't yet gotten dry and tacky. He was to be fresh from the battle, and the poets would notice if the blood was drying.

With a muttered prayer, Ranveer puts on his broadest grin and throws open the flap of the tent, his hands held high to the heavens in a gesture of triumph, his golden vest immaculate. He was the prince of his people and their greatest warrior, and as he entered the tent, his men threw fistfuls of colored powder into the air with raucous cheers as others beat on drums and began to sing out the prince's praises.

Ranveer had down this countless times before. Every battle was followed with celebration as he sang his battles to his men, and the eldest of his people sat on the side, writing every note down, adding to the epic of the prince and his bloodline. Every movement the prince made was calculated to be as extravagant and daring as possible, and every word he uttered during the celebration was selected with the utmost care to titillate and excite. He moved with purpose, the scales on his armor jangling and clinking to the beat of the drum; everything would be perfect.

His poem would be the best his people had ever experienced. His celebrations would be the grandest, and his triumphs the greatest. His father sat in his throne in the capital city, wounded too far to continue the crusades, and his tale had ended; Ranveer, in his youth, had known that day would come for him eventually and while the bards had seen to his father's tale, he had slipped away to meet with a sorcerer, a man who would place a geas upon the prince to ensure his tale would not be beaten.

But as Ranveer sat down hard, beating his hand against he ground rhythmically as he described the beating he gave his foes and laughing the whole while, he felt a ball of dread grow in his stomach. He had promised the sorcerer his army and his aide when the time came, and the prince felt that time was coming.

Prince Ranveer wipes his brow as the ceremony ends, cleaning the blood from his face as he motions for his men; several of his soldiers quickly move, making themselves into a chair for the prince to recline upon. He motions for his advisor, the grin still plastered upon his face and his mustache drooping from sweat.

"Make ready my men, counsellor. The foe here gives our people no challenge, but I have had visions of a great and magnificent trial to bring honor upon the royal bloodline. We will depart within the week, so be certain the tale spinners are made comfortable."

Even though he spoke with great confidence, Ranveer couldn't help but worry about what the sorcerer would demand of him..

Name: Prince Ranveer
Archetype: Renegade
Pride: Grace
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Legacy

Characteristics:
WS: 43+3+5
BS: 31+3-5
S: 37
T: 37
Ag: 39+5+5
Int: 38-4-4
Per: 35
WP: 30
Fel: 43+10

Wounds: 15/15
Infamy: 47
Corruption: 35

Alignment: Slaanesh

Skills:
Acrobatics +10
Athletics
Awareness
Charm +10
Dodge +20
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Common Lore (War, Imperium, Screaming Vortex)
Operate (Surface)
Command
Stealth,
Medicae
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Entertainer)

Talents:
Jaded
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Weapon Training (Chain, Las, Primary, SP, Shock, Power)
Heavy Weapon Training (Flame)
Catfall
Sure Strike
Double Team
Ambidextrous

Traits:
The Quick and the Dead
Adroit: Fellowship

Equipment:
Common Craftsmanship Heavy Flamer
Best-Craftsmanship Laspistol
Best Craftsmanship Chainsword
Carapace Armour
medikit
dataslate with annotated version of Tactica Imperialis

Gifts of the Gods:

Advancements 0/6000
Ag +5 250
WS +5 250
Fel +10 350
Acrobatics 100
Charm 100
Acrobatics +10 200
Charm +10 200
Dodge +20 400
Beloved Leader 200
Air of Authority 200
Lightning Reflexes 200
Excessive Wealth 200
Hard Target 300
Iron Discipline 300
Rapid Reaction 300
Assassin Strike 400
Into the Jaws of Hell 400
Two-Weapon Wielder 500
Blade Dancer 750
Horde Minion 750

Acquisitions:
Raptuous Standard
Power Sword

ALL DICE: 10#2d10+25 35 37 37 37 29 31 43 38 39 30 1d5+40...

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 7, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Eris

Religious experiences abound on the Path to Glory; its followers are, after all, the servants of the true and wicked Gods. Most heretics can claim several, but 3|215-Kappa ("Please. Call me Eris.") likes to think of herself as unique -- she's never met anyone who feels about the Necrons the same way she does.

On one of the usual strike-and-strip mission Hereteks like herself are often bribed to join with a share of the spoils, Eris and her fair weather allies discovered that the Mechanius fools they'd come to kill and loot had been very naughty. The omnissiah's ignorant zealots had pitched their camp over a Necron tomb world, worse, a Necron tomb world that had fallen prey to the strange, spiteful, divine echoes of the Flayer Virus.

As her own mechanoid servants, the leading warlord, and the usual attendant chaff were artfully converted into the sector's hottest fashion statement, Eris managed to shake herself out of her dangerous fascination long enough to finish her on-site project: summoning a pair of the Blood God's less corporeal agents into a pair of coordinated, yet seemingly independent scarab swarms. When the dust (and chittering) subsided, Eris studied the remains of the perfect cretures she had been forced to destroy while she waited for what remained of the warband to regroup.

Since they were deep in Imperial territory, Eris and her fellow heretics had to leave fast. Now she's followed everywhere by two swarms of seething metal that constantly murmur prayers to the Blood God -- prayers you can hear even when your vox is turned off. She finds it soothing. And don't fret! She saved some of the heads, and one day she'll figure out how to take this gift from Khorne by another name even further.

While she's currently stymied in her insane (even for a heretek) quest by the lack of easily obtainable Necron parts, given their annoying propensity to teleport away when reduced to easily collected samples, Eris has recently been contacted by seer who claims to have the answer to all her problems. Since his reputation seemed to hold up, and the salvaged neural tissue from his messenger confirmed the offer, she's off to the one place to self-respecting worshiper of the Blood God would ever be caught: Q'sal. The chance to loot a dormant Tomb World is too good to pass up, even if she has to swallow what's left of her gorge. And if she gets a few new skulls for her collection, or Aleph gets to play with a few space marine bodies until they break, so much the better.

pre:
Name: 3|215-Kappa
Career: Heretek
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Greed
Motivation: Innovation

characterics rolls: 10#2d10 10 11 11 13 4 14 15 7 5 16 drop the 4
starting infamy: 1d5 2

Characteristics       
WS	:   36   = 25 + 11 +    +    + 
BS	:   50   = 25 + 15 +    +    + 10
S	: (62)32 = 25 + 07 +    +    +
T	:   44   = 25 + 14 +    +    + 05
AG	:   30   = 25 + 05 +    +    +
INT	: (7)59  = 25 + 16 + 05 + 03 + 10
PER	:   35   = 25 + 10 +    +    +
WP	:   33   = 25 + 11 +    - 03 +
FEL	:   38   = 25 + 13 +    +    +

Infamy: 42
Corruption: 41
Wounds: 10+1d5 11
Initiative: 1d10+5
AP 25 All
Force Field 35, no overload
No Dodging, Parry 46

Skills:
 Common Lore (Imperium, War, Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech) 
 Linguistics (Low Gothic)
 Trade (Armorer)
 Logic
 Parry +10
 Tech Use +20 
 Forbidden Lore (Xenos, Daemonology)
 Scholastic Lore (Chymistry) 
 Command +20
 Intimidate (+10 Gift)
 Psyniscience

Talents:
 Die Hard 
 Technical Knock
 Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)
 Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
 Total Recall
 Armour-Monger
 Cold Hearted
 Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
 Excessive Wealth

Traits:
 The Quick and the Dead (+2 init)
 Disgrace (Greed) -10 to commerce
 Traitor to Mars (2 free GC cybernetics, Mechanicus Implants, +10 loyalty for mech minons)
 Machine 8
 Unnatural Intelligence +2

Mutations:
 COLLAR OF KHORNE!!!
 Eye of Chaos (Psyniscience, +10 intimidate)
 Slayer Limb (Reaper Autocannon, khorne adds tearing) 

Gear:
 Best-Craftsmanship Lascarbine w/ 2 magazines, 
 Common-Craftsmanship Power Axe
 Light Carapace Armour
 unholy unguents
 combi-tool
 dataslate 
 Utility Mechadendrite
 Lumenin Capacitors

Acquisitions:
 8X Mechanicus Assimilation (-10 rare -10 x8 quantity +10 excessive wealth)
 Jump Pack (-10 rare +10 single)
 BC Terminator Armor +5 command (+10 Single +10 Excessive wealth +20 pride +20 starting allowance -50 near unique -20 craftsmanship)
 CC Reaper Autocannon (+10 single +10 excessive wealth -30 ex rare)

Cybernetics:
 Mechanicus Implants 
 GC Mind Impulse Unit (free)
 GC Cerebral Implants (free)
 8X Mechanicus Assimilation (praise khorne, glory to the machine)

Powers:
 kill all psykers in the name of the blood god

Advancements (6000/6000):
 Horde Minion of Chaos (Prayer Swarm Aleph)         750
 Horde Minion of Chaos (Prayer Swarm Becquerl)      750
 Excessive Wealth                                   500
 Operate (Aeronautica)                              200 
 FL (daemonology)                                   300
 command, command +10, command +20                  700
 tech-use +20                                       500
 WS +5                                              250
 WS +10                                             500
 INT +5                                             250
 INT +10                                            500
 Parry +10                                          200
 TGH +5                                             250
 Intimidate                                         200 
 Medicae                                            200

pre:
Prayer Swarm Aleph (Horde Minion)
prayer swarm aleph stats: 10#2d10 17 9 6 13 3 9 14 7 10 14 drop the 3

21/21 Magnitude

Machine 2
 Parasite
 Hoverer 4

Street Fighting
 Weapon Training (Chain)
 Flesh Render
 Lightning Reflexes
 Takedown

WS	: 29 = 10+14+5
 BS	: 17 = 10+7
 S	: 32 = 10+17+5
 T	: 20 = 10+10
 AG	: 24 = 10+14
 INT    : 23 = 10+13
 PER    : 19 = 10+9
 WP	: 19 = 10+9
 FEL    : 16 = 10+6

Gear:
  Horrible, Tearing Mandibles (Chain Greatsword) 2d10+5 R Pen3 Tearing, Unbalanced
  Surprising Resilient Carapace (Guard Flak) AP 4

pre:
Prayer Swarm Becquerl (Horde Minion)
prayer swarm becquerl stats reroll: 10#2d10 11 9 12 12 4 8 12 14 11 6 drop the 4

21/21 Magnitude

Machine 2
 Fanatic
 Hoverer 4

Street Fighting
 Weapon Training (Chain)
 Flesh Render
 Lightning Reflexes
 Takedown

WS	: 29 = 10+14+5
 BS	: 16 = 10+6
 S	: 27 = 10+12+5
 T	: 22 = 10+12
 AG	: 22 = 10+12
 INT    : 19 = 10+9
 PER    : 21 = 10+11
 WP	: 21 = 10+11
 FEL    : 18 = 10+8

Gear:
  Horrible, Tearing Mandibles (Chain Greatsword) 2d10+4 R Pen3 Tearing, Unbalanced
  Surprising Resilient Carapace (Guard Flak) AP 4

pre:
Combat Block:

WS     BS     S     T     AG     INT     PER     WP     FEL
36     50   (62)32  44    30    (7)59    35      33     38

IP: 4/4    
Wounds: 11/11
Initiative: 1d10+5
AP 25 All
Force Field 35, no overload
No Dodging, Parry 46

Skills/Talents/Gear/Gifts of note:
Command 58 (63 with gear)
Tech Use 79 (99 with gear)
Jump Pack
Slayer Limb (Reaper Autocannon, khorne gives tearing)

Common Crafstmanship Reaper Autocannon 
    300m S/4/– 3d10+8 I Pen6 Clip40 Rld2Full Reliable, Twin-Linked, Tearing
Common Craftsmanship Power Axe
	       1d10+13 E Pen6 Power Field, Unbalanced

Prayer Swarm Aleph
29     17     32    20    24     23      19      19     16

21/21 Magnitude, AP6

Machine 2, Hoverer 4, Parasite
Street Fighting, Flesh Render, Lightning Reflexes, Takedown

Horrible, Rending Mandibles
 2d10+8 R Pen3 Tearing, Unbalanced, +1d10 per 10 magnitude

Prayer Swarm Becquerl                                       
29     16     27    22    22     19      21      21     18  

21/21 Magnitude, AP6

Machine 2, Hoverer 4, Fanatic
Street Fighting, Flesh Render, Lightning Reflexes, Takedown

Horrible, Rending Madibles
 2d10+7 R Pen3 Tearing, Unbalanced, +1d10 per 10 magnitude

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 6, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Backstory on my character up, is mostly complete now except getting my combat block sorted and in a readable shape.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I want to make Ugo the Berserker, who's crazy, even for Berserker - crazy like a fox!
He's going to remember who he kills on the Inescapable Fate, then go to Eye of Terror to find them and kill them again, as a double offering to the Blood God! Then he's going to kill that loving Sorceror Zolan. And whoever else is handy, really. Lotta killing.
He's also there to study the Hadex anomaly, so that one day, all that time spent killing can be put towards killing time, his greatest foe! So restrictive, time spent killing something is time that won't let you kill something else! :black101:

Abilities 10#2d10, Infamy 40+1d5: 10#2d10 3 3 18 9 8 11 5 12 14 12 40+1d5...

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Corrosion, Traitor Iron Hands Chosen
"If you see one of those psychotic hazard striped bucket of bolts, you run for cover and get heavy weapons on line. Stay calm and you and your mates might come out of it ok.
But if you see the one whose armor is smooth ceramite with a red pauldron on his right and a red bionic arm, call it in but don't expect it to do you any good. Make your peace with
the Emperor and hope your mates remembered to do the same. Because that's the one they call Corrosion and nothing short of the Emperor's divine will and a Leman Russ squadron is gonna save your souls.

- Unknown Guardsman, executed for heresy, Siege of Vraks 813.M41

Beneath an exterior of cold metal burns a soul as bright as a dying star, the essence of a being who sought to rule the galaxy at his Primarchs's side. A Terran raised in the tribal customs of Old Albia, Corrosion has seen action from the very first battle of the Xth Legion throughout 10,000 years of war (real time). He rose meticulously through the ranks of the Iron Hands Legion to the ranks of Clan Avernii's Morlock elite and from there, there was potential for greatness. Corrosion dreamed of becoming the leader of his Clan and to fight the Great Crusade for eternity alongside Ferrus Mannus, but events ensured this was not to pass. Corrosion was among the fallen on Istvaan V, captured by the Alpha Legion, and indoctrinated to the point of losing all sense of self. With his dreams stripped away from him as easily as his dying flesh, Corrosion now exists only to seek his revenge.

Corrosion's partnership with the sorcerer Zolan Usoi is one of mutual benefit. The sorcerer weaves rifts through the warp and allow Corrosion to strike alone at key targets in Imperial space and within the Screaming Vortex in exchange for acquiring something on the target world for the sorcerer. This time it's different: Corrosion assists with this job and Zolan promises to put him on the same world as the Alpha Legionnaire who broke his mind and turned him loose on his old Legion as a cyborg. He's pretty sure that whatever safeguards were implanted in his mind are irrelevant due to the level of augmentations he has undergone since breaking free of the Traitor Legions after the heresy. The hydra will die screaming, no matter how many heads need to be decapitated.

pre:
Name: Corrosion
Archetype: Chosen
Pride: Foresight (+5 Per/-5 Fel)
Disgrace: Wrath (+5 Per/-2 WP/-1 Wound)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 Per/-3 Fel/-3 Int)
Special Ability: Cold Killer

Characteristics:
WS  51 (46 + 5[Advances])
BS  42 (42)
S   40[70] (40) [Power Armour/Bionics]
T   42 (42)
Ag  51 (46 + 5[Advances])
Int 41 (39 - 3[Motivation] + 5[Advances])
Per 60 (45 + 15[Passions])
WP  40 (37 - 2[Disgrace] + 5[Advances])
Fel 29 (37 - 8[Disgrace/Motivation]])
Inf 44 (44)

Wounds: 20 (21 Starting - 1[Disgrace])
Infamy Points: 4
Corruption: 35
Experience: 5,500/5,500
Banked Experience: 0

Alignment Counter (KNST): 3/0/2/1
Advances:
Ancient Warrior (250)
Armour-Monger (500)
Awareness +10 (350)
Combat Sense (250)
Crushing Blow (750) [Khorne]
Excessive Wealth (250) [Slaanesh]
Preternatural Speed (750) [Slaanesh]
Swift Attack (500) [Khorne]
Tech-Use (200)
Trade (Armourer) (200)
Whirlwind of Death (500) [Khorne]

Simple Ag Advance (250)
Simple Int Advance (250)
Simple WS Advance (250)
Simple WP Advance (250) [Tzeentch]

Skills:
Athletics 
Awareness +10 [Warp Sight]
Common Lore (War)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War) 
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic) 
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Tech-Use
Trade (Armourer)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Armour-Monger
Blade Dancer 
Bulging Biceps
Combat Sense
Crushing Blow
Double Team
Excessive Wealth
Legion Weapon Training 
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Lightning Reflexes 
Nerves of Steel
Preternatural Speed
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Sprint [Bionics]
Swift Attack
Sure Strike
Unarmed Warrior
Whirlwind of Death  

Traits:
Amphibious
Dark Sight [Auto-senses)
Machine (8) 
Unnatural Strength (+4) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)  

Bionics:
2 B.C. Bionic Arms (Acquisition #1)
B.C. Bionic Legs (Acquisition #2)
B.C. Embedded Auspex (Acquisition #3)
Mechanicus Assimilation (8) (Acquisition #4/+20 Bonus)

Gifts of the Gods:
Limb Loss (lol who cares because bionics)
Warp Sight

Starting Equipment
Legion Power Armour
- Scavenged Reconstruction
- Auto-senses
- Enhanced Ceramite Plating
- Sustainable Power Source
Legion Bolter w/4 magazines
Legion Bolt Pistol w/2 magazines
Legion Chainsword
Legion Combat Knife
pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS   S    T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
51  42 40[70] 42  51  41  60  40  20

Wounds: 20/20  Infamy: 4/4  Initiative: 1d10+6
Half Move: 6 Full Move: 12[18] Charge: 36 Run: 36 Sprint: 72
SB: 8[11] (Bionics/Power Armour)  TB: 8[10] (Bionics)
Armour: 18[20] (All/Body)
Awareness: 80[110] (Auspex)
Dodge: 61
Parry: 51[61] (Chainsword)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Legion Bolter 100m S/3/- 1d10+9 X Pen: 4 Clip: 24/24 Rld: Half Special: Tearing
Legion Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9 X Pen: 4 Clip: 8/8 Rld: Half Special: Tearing
Legion Chainsword 1d10+17 R Pen: 3 Special: Balanced, Flesh Render, Tearing
Legion Combat Knife 1d10+14 R Pen: 2

Noteworthy Talents
Combat Sense: Corrosion uses his Per Bonus in place of his Ag Bonus when rolling initiative.
Double Team: Corrosion gains an additional +10 when ganging up on an opponent. Stacks for a total of +20 if another member of the party has this talent.
Heightened Senses (Hearing/Sight): Corrosion gains +10 to any tests specifically involving these senses.
Lightning Reflexes: Roll twice for initiative.
Nerves of Steel: Corrosion may reroll failed WP tests to avoid or recover from pinning. Additionally he gains a +10 bonus to WP tests to resist intimidation.
Quick Draw: Corrosion can draw and ready a weapon as a free action if it is a pistol, basic-class ranged weapon, or a melee weapon that can be wielded in one hand.
Sure Strike: Corrosion reduces melee called shot penalties by 10.
Whirlwind of Death: Corrosion adds half his WS Bonus to horde magnitude damage.

Noteworthy Traits
Dark Sight [Auto-senses]: Corrosion is able to see normally even in areas of total darkness. He also never takes a penalty for fighting in areas of dim or no lighting.
Machine (8): Corrosion does not breathe, is immune to the effects of vacuum, extremes of cold, any mind-influencing psychic effects, and his armour points apply towards fire damage.
The value in parenthesis indicate the amount of Armour Points granted by the trait, which stacks with worn armour but not Natural Armour.
Unnatural Characteristics (S+4/T+4): Value is added directly to the relevant Characteristic Bonus. Also whenever Corrosion succeeds on a test utilizing these characteristics, 
he gains bonus DoS equal to half of the Unnatural Characteristics value.

Noteworthy CSM Implants

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 13, 2017

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I am going to drop my application to focus on the other game. Have fun.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Working on a Slaaneshi Apostate.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Okay, holidays are over, back to posting. Yell at me if I forget you.

Dyne:

Rewards Infamy x2 vs 47: 95 27

Gift, Reward: 24 33

Your choice of Boneless, Burning Body, Chaos Organ, Cyclops, Darksoul. You also get a Daemon Weapon, because we're on Daemon Weapon Oprah I guess.

Daemon Whatever of Slaanesh, Binding Strength 0, Lashing + Shrieking

Daemon Weapon Attributes (Slaanesh x2): 10 52

Dyne has selected Lashing and Shrieking.

Wiegieman:

Rewards Infamy x3 vs 42: 84 29 67

Gift, Reward, Gift: 5 3 79

The first result is being replaced with Eye of Chaos because the dice should really be ashamed of that showing. Apart from that, you also get Collar of Khorne and your choice of Projectile Attack, Grossly Fat, Slayer Limb, Strange Voice, or Additional Limb.

Viva Miriya:

Unaligned Mutations x2: 94 98 95 90, NO NO NO NO

Unaligned Mutations x2, except better: 63 81, 26 98

Your choice of Intelligent Cyst, Warp Eater, Limb Loss, Magnificent Horns, Grossly Fat, Slayer Limb, Strange Voice, Additional Limb, Strange Walk.

Your choice of Burning Body, Chaos Organ, Cyclops, Darksoul, Tentacle, Vampiric Addiction, Warp-Touched, Warpsight, Wreathed in Chaos, Addiction.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So many binding strength 0 Daemon weapons. I'm going to laugh when ya'll get body snatched.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I take Limb Loss (lol bionics) and Warp Sight

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

fart

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Taking Burning Body, since as a follower of Slaanesh, the flames aren't visible and don't cast any light, so I can literally just burn people by hugging them.

MY SPIRIT BURNS WITH AN AWESOME POWER

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Took Slayer limb, time for a tearing autocannon.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is recruitment still open? Because if so I plan on submitting an Alpha Legionnaire.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Recruitment won't close until the 4th. Post away.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Would getting a Good or Best quality suit of power armor allow the use of additional Subsystems, or only if I roll for the Customization that does so?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Going on holiday, won't be back til the 5th, so with regret I withdraw my tentative interest and wish everyone involved a wild ride through time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

"Once we enter the fortress-monastery leave the Apothecary to me. We'll need him alive if we're to enter the gene-vaults." -Actus, just prior to his squad breaching an outpost on an Eagle Warrior's chapter recruitment world

Actus Vall is a true veteran of the Long War. He was a freshly-promoted sergeant of the Alpha Legion when he took part in the Drop Site Massacre, where he personally slew more than a dozen Raven Guard and more notably a Salamanders Legion-Centurion how died from an expertly shot bolt-round to the throat. He would continue to prove himself a useful asset as a vanguard scout and ambush specialist, often utilizing a heavy lascannon to destroy high-value targets, then exfiltrating before a counter action could be conducted.

Actus Vall gives no serious veneration to the Dark Gods and expects nothing from them in return. He believes in his own strength and the strength of his equipment, which he keeps in exceptional condition and free of corruption at all times, especially his MK. V power armor. This excessive maintenance of his equipment is part of the reason he is so easily able to blend in with loyalist forces, as with only a change in paint and emblems he can easily pass for any battle-brother at a casual glance and to the untrained eyes of non-astartes the disguise is near flawless. His time infiltrating loyalist forces has also allowed him to acquire countless minor artefacts and equipment that he and his legion have been able to sell on black markets in order to fund their operations.

Actus has been called upon by the Tzeentcian sorcerer known as Zolan Usoi to repay a debt that he has owed for quite some time. In the past Actus had needed aid to infiltrate a highly secure facility of the Imperium of Man to obtain a rare relic within. The Alpha Legionnaire had sought Zolan in order to gain powerful and costly enchantments that would allow him to effortlessly enter the fortress-vaults unseen and undetected by traveling through the shallow space between reality and the true depths of the warp, a shadowy border plane that is both real, not-real, and neither all at the same time. In exchange Vall had promised to repay the favor in kind whenever the witch-marine should call upon him. The enchantments worked, though they mostly faded after his mission was complete, and Vall infiltrated the Imperial base easily and claimed his prize. However, as Actus tried to leave with it he had the misfortune of crossing paths with a sanctioned psyker who could detect his presence.

Unable to fight back in from the border-realm the Legionnaire was forced to flee, but not before the psyker was able to telekinetically pluck his eyes from his skull. When Actus returned to realspace he found that he was not as blind as he thought. His empty sockets had become portals into the warp through which he could still see in a sense, people's souls appearing as bright lights in a dark, shadowy world. In time and with the aid of a skilled Warpsmith Actus was able to modify his helmet's auto-senses to partially compensate for his loss in visual clarity.

Another side-effect of losing his eyes is that they remain somewhere in the warp to this day and his physical form longs to be whole again, or at the very least all on the same plane of existence. And so with effort and perhaps some residual power from the original enchantments that sent him there Actus is able to will himself back into the border-realm for short periods of time, becoming invisible and incorporeal and allowing himself unmatched ability to enter secure areas or claim advantageous ambush points, all skills he puts to use regularly.

Now Zolan Usoi has called in the favor he is owed, reaching out to Actus through the channels instructed to him. Vall responded with almost concerning swiftness, appearing ready and supposedly eager to carry out his end of the deal, although it is always difficult to trust the motivations of one of the Sons of Alpharius. His armor and weapons are gleaming and ready for battle, and the light of the abyss shines from behind the lenses of his emotionless helm. Actus Vall stands ready for whatever lies ahead, and who better to send amongst ghosts than a wraith?

pre:
Name: Actus Vall
Race: Chaos Space Marine
Archetype: Alpha Legionnaire
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Wrath

Characteristics:
  • WS: 41 (30 (base) + 11 (roll))
  • BS: 53 (30 (base) + 18 (roll) + 5 (Motivation))
  • S: 33 (30 (base) + 6 (roll) - 3 (Motivation))
  • T: 45 (30 (base) + 15 (roll))
  • Ag: 44 (30 (base) + 14 (roll))
  • Int: 46 (30 (base) + 11 (roll) + 5 (Archetype))
  • Per: 51 (30 (base) + 11 (roll) + 5 (Archetype) + 5 (Disgrace))
  • WP: 36 (30 (base) + 8 (roll) - 2 (Disgrace))
  • Fel: 35 (30 (base) + 8 (roll) - 3 (Motivation))
Wounds: 19 Infamy: 44 (40 (base) + 4 (roll)) Corruption: 35 Weapons:
  • Legion Combi-Bolter - Basic | Range: 80m | RoF: S/3/- | Damage: 1d10+11 X | Pen: 4 | Clip: 32 | Reload: 2Full | Reliable, Tearing, Twin-Linked | Weight: 15kg
  • Hell Hammer Lascannon - Heavy | Range: 500m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 5d10+12 E | Pen: 10 | Clip: 5 | Reload: 2Full | Reliable, Ammo Glutton, Proven (3) | Weight: 55kg
  • Legion Bolter - Basic | Range: 100m | RoF: S/3/- | Damage: 1d10+11 X | Pen: 4 | Clip: 24 | Reload: Full | Tearing | Weight: 10kg
  • Legion Bolt Pistol - Pistol | Range: 30m | RoF: S/2/- | Damage: 1d10+11 X | Pen: 4 | Clip: 8 | Reload: Full | Tearing | Weight: 10kg
  • Legion Power Sword - Melee | Damage: 1d10+16 E | Pen: 6 | Balanced, Power Field | Weight: 5kg
Armour: Legionnaire Power Armor:
  • Head: 12
  • Arms: 12
  • Torso: 12
  • Legs: 12
Skills:
  • Athletics +0
  • Awareness +10(+20, mutation)
  • Common Lore (War) +0
  • Deceive +30
  • Dodge +10
  • Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Pirates, The Horus Heresy, The Long War) +0
  • Linguistics (Low Gothic) +0
  • Navigate (Surface) +0
  • Operate (Surface) +0
  • Parry +0
  • Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) +0
  • Stealth +10
  • Survival +0
  • Tech-Use +0
  • Trade: Armourer +0
Talents:
  • Ambidextrous
  • Ancient Warrior
  • Armour-Monger
  • Bulging Biceps
  • Combat Formation
  • Disarm
  • Enemy (Inquisition)
  • Excessive Wealth
  • Foresight
  • Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
  • Hip Shooting
  • Jaded
  • Legion Weapon Training
  • Mighty Shot
  • Nerves of Steel
  • Quick Draw
  • Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
  • Unarmed Warrior
Traits:
  • Amphibious
  • Darksight (Armor Auto-Senses)
  • Deceitful Tactics
  • Dimensional Instability
  • Insurrectionist
  • Unnatural Strength (+4)
  • Unnatural Toughness (+4)
  • Warpsight
Gear:
  • Legionnaire Power Armor*
  • --Armor Customization: The Black Alpha Legion's Armor
  • --Subsystem:Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
  • --Subsystem: Sustainable Power Source
  • --Subsystem: Auto-Senses
  • --Armor Quality: +5 to Deceive Tests to appear as a Loyalist
  • Hell Hammer Lascannon*
  • --3 Lascannon power cells
  • Legionnaire Combi-Bolter*
  • ---3 Combi-Bolter magazines
  • Legionnaire Bolter
  • --3 bolter magazines
  • Legionnaire Bolt Pistol
  • --3 bolt pistol magazines
  • Power Sword (Legion)*
  • 4 Legion Frag Grenades
  • Cameleoline Cloak
  • Demolition Kit
*: Denotes acquisition items Bold denotes Best Quality Advances: 5500/5500
  • Advanced Archetype - 3600xp
  • Tech-Use +0 - 200xp
  • Trade (Armorer) +0 - 200xp
  • Armour-Monger - 500xp
  • Mighty Shot - 750xp
  • Excessive Wealth - 250xp

pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 41   T:   45   Per: 51
BS: 53   AG:  44   WP:  36
S:  33   Int: 46   Fel: 35

Wounds: 19/19        Armour: 11 - All  Dodge: +10 Parry: +10     

Weapons:
  • Legion Combi-Bolter - Basic | Range: 80m | RoF: S/3/- | Damage: 1d10+11 X | Pen: 4 | Clip: 32 | Reload: 2Full | Reliable, Tearing, Twin-Linked | Weight: 15kg
  • Hell Hammer Lascannon - Heavy | Range: 500m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 5d10+12 E | Pen: 10 | Clip: 5 | Reload: 2Full | Reliable, Ammo Glutton, Proven (3) | Weight: 55kg
  • Legion Power Sword - Melee | Damage: 1d10+16 E | Pen: 6 | Balanced, Power Field | Weight: 5kg

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 6, 2017

• Locked thread