Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Are you shook? (over and over)

That's not a hard question. Everyone already know he shook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Reminder Ray Farmer was suspended 4 games and the Browns were fined $250,000 for a couple of meaningless text message during a game.

The Falcons were fined $350k and lost a 5th round pick for pumping in crowd noise, lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Giants get some leeway for performing the sacred duty of preventing 19-0

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Intruder posted:

I don't want to listen to it so just type out what the questions were

https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/811326790991908864
https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/811337783998431232

love sherm but i think he's being a tool here

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Richard Shookman. :smuggo:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are there any Seahawks worthy of adulation or are they all shitmouths

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

kiimo posted:

no sherman's the whole team

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

kiimo posted:

U Mad Bro??

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would say, in my opinion, that it is Sherman who is mad brother.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am actually mad

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm melting down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Steve Haushka looks like E from Entourage.

Hawzy
Dec 13, 2002

The Sherman press conference was kind of interesting, its 13 min long and you can tell he is getting testy around the 1 minute mark.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wonder what Sherman meant by "there"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hawzy posted:

The Sherman press conference was kind of interesting, its 13 min long and you can tell he is getting testy around the 1 minute mark.

got a link?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

We have this doofy-faced punter...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kiimo posted:

Cassius Marsh had an admirable Magic the Gathering collection before it was stole

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Sherman, that press conference was a poopfest. Maybe go have a chat with Marshawn.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

kiimo posted:

Steve Haushka looks like E from Entourage.

Steve Hauschka used to play for the Ravens. But he had a bad year then missed a game-winning kick after a great comeback attempt at the Favre-led Vikings that year they were really good in 2009. Then we released him. If he had made that kick I bet we never would have got Tucker.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

schweens posted:

lmao this is the funniest post of the season

haha i just got back from work and i'm glad my blatant bait post on cheerleaders spawned a whole page and a half of discussion

now that parm is gone someone has gotta take the reins around here

barnold fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 21, 2016

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Wonder what Sherman meant by "there"

hard to tell who was asking individual questions but i'm pretty sure the guy asked the following questions throughout the interview:

'do you regret what you said at all? did you apologize to your coaches and teammates?'
'were you ever on a debate team?'
'so what i don't quite understand is darrell bevell's calling plays that he thinks are gonna work -- and yet, you feel like maybe you have a better handle on what should be called?'

so the guy seems a little like a dick too but still not a good look on sherm's part

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Turdsdown Tom posted:

haha i just got back from work and i'm glad my blatant bait post on cheerleaders spawned a whole page and a half of discussion

dance puppets

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Alaois posted:

dance puppets

some guy that does a college basketball show at the same radio station I work at has a promo where he advertises "hot takes on who has the best team, who has the best fans, and who has the best cheerleaders" which I thought was pretty funny

I spent like 10 minutes making fantasy cheerleading jokes after it came on during one of my breaks. for the record, I'll take villanova

Hawzy
Dec 13, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

got a link?

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/12/20/richard-sherman-week-15-press-conference

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

quote:

Friends,
I'm sorry to say but I cannot and will not be watching any more football this season (although I haven't been doing much since the Hill debacle) and I do not think I will be watching any more for a very long time. You see, I've been forcing myself to follow my old sport even after the Chiefs abandoned me. It's mostly due to loyalty and tradition; I like watching the sport after all. I even chose to follow the Jaguars for a season to keep my flagging football interests alive. No affront to them (I still believe a 10-6 season is on the horizon after Gus Bradley was fired! Bortles will be top ten for sure!) but my heart wasn't in it. Even when I do arrive here on this forum and watch football while posting, I cannot keep my righteous anger over the drafting of Tyreek Hill at bay. This may surprise you but your friend Parm has a little bit of a temper sometimes I should have quit the sport the moment Hill was drafted but I held on naively, like a drat fool, hoping the best would happen and that Justice would prevail. All of you who called me out on this were correct. Thank you for your honesty. I will definitely appreciate it.

Truly, the NFL has made it clear that it is no longer for me. Every year that goes by, another team falls off the list of respectable teams and another abuser gets signed for mega-bucks. It's hard to keep cheering for such a sport as I get older and older. I always assumed my team would be clear and they would learn the lesson of Jovan Belcher but John Dorsey and Andy Reid forgot that. So did the fans. I'll never forgive people for cheering his name in Arrowhead. I can't abide by it. If I don't make a stand, I'll be justifying anything while football just becomes fouler and fouler. It's enough to have ten evil teams but now there's going to be at least fifteen here before too long. What happens if there's twenty? I'm not standing by to find out. So, this is it: I am officially finishing my posting career in TFF and my football fandom altogether. We've had some good times, my dear friends, but I need to leave for the well-being of my own psyche.

Before I go, however, I have some more to say. As the most controversial poster in this forum, I must resolve some hanging issues:
1. My posting was never a gimmick. I have never posted with a gimmick and I never will. I post sincerely and without irony about issues I care quite a bit about and I always have. I might be wrong about some things (and Lord knows I have been) but I always post from the heart. I admit that I have "trolled" some people before so as to create some laughs but I have never ascribed to a gimmick style. In fact, I consider all the desperate posters chasing after me to accuse me of gimmicking to be gimmick posting themselves. Truly disappointing.
2. My evil team's list is real and fair and I respect and admire anyone else who creates their own. It will be different than mine and as long as you can justify it, then it's just as valid. I would ask my friends to always consider a list of teams and players they personally despise on an ethical level as that's the simplest and most basic form of sports fandom.
3. There are certain arguments with regards to my old team that I refused to engage in. One is the fallacy that every team probably has a bad player on it so just stop caring. I would hate to be so cynical. The second involves the biggest Chiefs tragedy of all time: Jovan Belcher. Some dastardly posters tried to troll me using that awful event and I hope they are ashamed of themselves for doing so. I avoided this argument because it was, uh, bad and not much fun to talk about, you know? The answer was always pretty simple and obvious but certain posters engaged in bad faith arguments with attempts to "get" me so I'll handle it now and forever. Scott Pioli handled the Jovan Belcher situation as best he could by giving a moment of silence to the victims of domestic violence and setting up a fund for Belcher's orphan. This is clear and obvious.
4. Alex Smith is still bottom five in the league and that's always been true and I've always been right about it.

If you would like to keep in touch with me, please know that I will be on SA still. I'm thinking about seriously getting into the NBA (a much more Just sport) so you might even see me in those threads. My Twitter handle is @lakdifflanchzed (it's an old account named after my first D&D character so lay off ). I'll not be giving off my facebook or my tumblr at this time. In the meantime, I intend to find another thing to channel my hobby energy into.

Perhaps a day may come when I begin posting again. A lot of things have to change but I don't think football will be around in any real good state for much longer. It's going to be like NASCAR pretty soon. Goodell will see to that. If I am to return, the following things must happen:
1. Goodell is fired and a new GM willing to punish players and teams for actual misdeeds and not hosed up socks or whatever. Maybe someone who's not a lovely owner shill?
2. Andy Reid, John Dorsey, Tyreek Hill and Alex Smith are no longer in the league in any serious way.
3. Ben Roethlisberger, James Harrison, John Elway, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Jameis Winston, Frank Clark, Adrian Peterson, Dorial-Green Beckham, Terrell Suggs, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Dan Synder, Jeremy Hill, and probably several others I'm forgetting at the moment must also be removed from the league and from league history. Ray Rice, Josh Brown, Greg Hardy and Perrish Cox need to remain exiled for life.
4. For gently caress's sake take OJ's loving bust out of the hall goddamn it's not that hard to just put the thing in a loving wheelbarrow and just push it out the back and into a ravine

Once I am satisfied with the state of the NFL I will perhaps return. It seems unlikely and I doubt even then I'll have the time to care. Time moves on after all and so must I. There are many good posters here and I'll always treasure the memories I have. Rams/Hawks 7-9 bowl? Amazing. Steeler fan meltdowns? Can't forget it. But it's time to leave for me. I wish that take this one thing away from this thread: Always stand up for Justice in whichever way you think you can. Never give in to cynicism and forlorn acceptance. If you truly care about something, then you must care. I have deeply cared for football and will probably do so for a time yet. I wished that it would become the force for change that I knew it could be. I was disappointed but instead of hanging on out of habit, I will move on and find something I can care about guilt-free. If you care as I do, then maybe it's time to stand up for the sport and demand better as I have done for the past however many years.

Please feel free to have a discussion about some of the finer points that I've brought up tonight. Evil teams, the fate of football, gently caress Alex Smith. Whatever you guys want. Go for it.
Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

P.S. Intruder you can keep doing my toxxes if you want but don't feel obligated anymore. I know probating people makes you uncomfortable so I won't ask it of you any more. You're free, Genie.

goonlulz.txt

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Threatening to destroy the career of someone who questions you? That's a Stanford Man!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Turdsdown Tom posted:

i made an "odell is a top-5 receiver" post last week and MrLogan managed to create a four-page derail off it

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

But seriously folks the Ravens have a solid shot at making the playoffs they just gotta sweep the AFC North. The Ravens have won 4 consecutive games vs the Steelers. Last year neither of those wins made sense. It's entirely possible they make it to 5 and then beat a week Bengals team the week after

i'm fully expecting the ravens to have a solid, none fluky win against the steelers, and then in week 17 completely poo poo the bed in cinci and miss the playoffs

however, if they make the playoffs joe will go super saiyan en route to meeting eli in the bullshit bowl

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

That thread is one of the funniest I've read in a while. I wish I'd seen it before it got gassed. :sigh:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

i made an "odell is a top-5 receiver" post last week and MrLogan managed to create a four-page derail off it

people say TFF is dying but this truly is still the forum i know and love

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

That thread is one of the funniest I've read in a while. I wish I'd seen it before it got gassed. :sigh:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759867

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I meant the Parm thread.

Mad props to whoever posted the Patrick Bateman speech and Kalli for the Zodiac Letters. :laffo:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I meant the Parm thread.

Mad props to whoever posted the Patrick Bateman speech and Kalli for the Zodiac Letters. :laffo:

link plz

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
exert some effort you idiots

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802319

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I have traveled to future and came back to tell everyone the Titans beat the Cowboys in the super bowl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonna miss you Parm <3

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I give Sherman this season until he leaves the Seahawks. There's some deep alienation going on between the coaching and players and we're witnessing it right now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I for one am glad that Richard Sherman had a public meltdown because he didn't want to face any scrutiny for trying to pull rank on offensive play calls

It's good to enjoy something in football after the redskins delivered a certified turd in a must win game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

I meant the Parm thread.

Personally I was proudest of remembering the Postmortem from the guy running the Seattle Babyfur convention existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

• Locked thread