Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Phantom Pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably SM64 or WoW or Skyrim lmao. Maybe planet coaster since I think it was in early access last year.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Planet coaster looks real good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yes

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Dishonored

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Playing FFIX this year was a real treat. The Vita is great for this kind of game. Gotta keep going with that playthrough.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Rocket League. It's really good.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

i think itll be real good

its going to focus way more on the tactical combat side than the story stuff that made dragonfall so great, but its also going to be the closest thing i'll see to a new front mission so im excited

i hope this is good

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bloodborne.

Just cause 3 was also very fun. very much like spiderman 2 in that the actual gameplay was give or take but the movement was extremely satisfying

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The older games I beat this year were Shadowrun Returns, Dragon's Dogma, Pillars of Eternity, Talos Principle and Dishonored. My favorite was definitely Dragon's Dogma with Talos Principle a close second

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The motherfriggin Dark Souls

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh right dragons doge if it counts is the easy winner.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played metal gear solid 3 and 4 and wonderful 101 all for the first time this year, all will stick with me forever

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

withcer 3, rainbow 6, dq5

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i played metal gear solid 3 and 4
Yeah, it's these for me. I think. Unless 3 was the tail end of 2015. Would have been Dark Souls, but I played that over Christmas break of 2015.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Oh I forgot Witcher 3 didn't come out this year. Probably that one, then, with Divinity being a close runner-up

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Witcher 3, obviously. Other than that, I'm torn between Dishonored and EU4.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

tumor looking batty posted:

withcer 3, rainbow 6, dq5

Rainbow 6 is a classic. The strategy game/shooter mix was brilliant.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Final Fantasy 9. I've never played this one before.

Second place goes to RE4.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Rainbow 6 is a classic. The strategy game/shooter mix was brilliant.

Yah it's bad rear end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Probably animal crossing. I fell off within a month, but it's pretty fun. I always got bad gamer feelings when I didn't have enough time to do the daily errands. I had a lot of fun with it though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

Playing FFIX this year was a real treat. The Vita is great for this kind of game. Gotta keep going with that playthrough.

I should get around to actually finishing it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i started playing smt games in 2016 and boy had i been missing out

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Chrono cross and ffix. CC has a really engaging combat system. I don't think I've ever spammed attack without looking at the screen on garbage mobs like I usually do on ff titles. It's great min maxing every single encounter

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I feel the same way about FFXIII.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

super sweet best pal posted:

Final Fantasy 9. I've never played this one before.

Second place goes to RE4.

PLAY IT. FFIX feels like a well written fantasy novel interspersed with excellent music and gorgeous environments IMO.

I played Paper Mario over the summer again though and it made me realize it's probably one of the best that I've ever played. Feel free to contest, but I think that it's a near perfect game as I am hard pressed to think of any true flaws about it.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Starman Super DX posted:

PLAY IT. FFIX feels like a well written fantasy novel interspersed with excellent music and gorgeous environments IMO.

I played Paper Mario over the summer again though and it made me realize it's probably one of the best that I've ever played. Feel free to contest, but I think that it's a near perfect game as I am hard pressed to think of any true flaws about it.

i think the first paper mario is the best one (nuff said)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ol yeller posted:

i think the first paper mario is the best one (nuff said)

It had the best sidekicks at least.

Of course none of the Paper Marios are as good as Super Mario RPG.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

chumbler posted:

1000yd is better.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

chumbler posted:

I also finally beat Super Mario RPG (this past year) and I can't help but feel like they're too different to be compared legitimately. Granted, SMRPG was only very slightly before my time so Paper Mario is a huge source of nostalgia for me on top of being an incredible game. However, I think what really does it for me is how the original Paper Mario is a heartfelt love letter to Super Mario as a whole- Every single detail relates to past Mario games in a way that I myself simply can't resist. Super Mario RPG does a good job of that too, but also with that distinct original Square Soft flavor which, as awesome as that is, still doesn't quite hit the notes for me that Paper Mario did.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love Paper Mario 1 so much.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
alpha protocol and dead rising 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Top 5
1. Super Mario 64
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
4. Halo 3: ODST
5. Halo 3

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
1. Five Nights at Freddy's
2. Angry Birds
3. Candy Crush Saga
4. Solitaire
5. Star Wars Angry Birds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ol yeller posted:

2. Angry Birds
3. Candy Crush Saga
4. Solitaire
5. Star Wars Angry Birds

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

2. Angry Birds
3. Candy Crush Saga
4. Solitaire
5. Star Wars Angry Birds

Hell, same

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i started and never finished paper mario last year

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
RE4 HD
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Pokemon Picross :shepface:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

La-mulana, RE4, and Dragon's dogma, I can't pick just one, had a blast gaming in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

Yah it's bad rear end

so satisfying making a plan that works perfectly and finishes with a coordinated room clearing.

if you never played swat 4 i would try that.

• Locked thread