Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The country is full of libs who just can't wait for the society to break down to rape and loot everything. Could have prevented this by not taking away the guns!

Also, I love the astartes lodge meeting in the begining. No rank distinction, just the boys and their jokes.

I'm still confused about the nuke coup thing. Who did that and why? Did the supposed good guys just learn about it and go "well, at least it will kill the lefties?" I just love how terrified these people are of the lefties, like it was some zombie papist plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

JcDent posted:

The country is full of libs who just can't wait for the society to break down to rape and loot everything. Could have prevented this by not taking away the guns!

Also, I love the astartes lodge meeting in the begining. No rank distinction, just the boys and their jokes.

I'm still confused about the nuke coup thing. Who did that and why? Did the supposed good guys just learn about it and go "well, at least it will kill the lefties?" I just love how terrified these people are of the lefties, like it was some zombie papist plot.

The Bull was the one who got all the special forces on board, they were going to rebel and save the country from the election. Adams managed to steal a sub and about fifty nukes, with the intent of starting a nuclear exchange that real Americans would come out on top. They tried to recruit Ben in the prolog but he was content with being a writer.

Once everybody found out about the conspiracy, they just kind of said gently caress it it's gotta be better then what we have now. Turbo accelerationism.

Also like everything in these books, it's all subject to retcon. The coup particularly as he goes back and bolts more on when he needs an enemy.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Putting people in the ICU is totally a thing non-psychopaths do right?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He just hates those landowning aristocrats who haven't worked a day in their lives and get all of their income from inheritance, marriage, or capital gains so much that it makes his blood boil.

But don't talk to him about those left wingers. The paradox of the working class conservative.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

These books predate the Job Creator mythos.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Impotent rage is a mighty muse.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The violent reaction they have to traitors is also interesting, in that Imperium of Man looks less severe in their treatment of treason.

:argh: "This man is my friend"
:bahgawd: "We found out he's working for the conspiracy to kill all lefties"
:argh: "I do hate the simpering liberal wiener cucks, BUT I HATE TREASON RRRAAARGH"
*tortures former friend for shits and giggles*
*shoots friend in the head*
:argh: "That's what he gets for vaguelly disagreeging with me!"
:bahgawd: "Should we stop the conspiracy now before it ends the world?"
:argh: "Eh, nah"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

He just hates those landowning aristocrats who haven't worked a day in their lives and get all of their income from inheritance, marriage, or capital gains so much that it makes his blood boil.

But don't talk to him about those left wingers. The paradox of the working class conservative.

It really is odd reading a character whose political position appears to "angry granddad"

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
Chapter five

This is where he starts traveling. I'm putting the location names in bold in case I decide to map where he goes.

quote:

She opened her blue eyes and looked at him as they rolled along the parish road. “Where are you taking me?”

“Where would you like to go, Miss Fran?”

She closed her eyes. “I don’t know.”

“Then shut up and help me look until you decide. And open your eyes. Look for people--alive. There’s got to be some in this parish.”

“All the wrong sort, I’m sure.”

You may be correct there, Ben thought. “Just look, baby, and keep your social comments to yourself.”

Fran begins to adjust to her new circumstances.

quote:

“What is that big ugly thing”

Ben looked down to see if his fly was open.

“This!” she touched the Thompson.

“It’s a submachine gun.”

They find a house with smoke coming from the chimney.

quote:

“Stay in the truck,” he told Fran.

“I most certainly will not! And don’t you dare order me about, Ben Raines.”

“Then come with me,” he said. “No play on words intended.”

She opened the door.

“There might be fifteen guys in there, all ready to rape you.”

She closed the door and locked it.

In the house Ben finds another survivor.

quote:

Ben did not know the man, but had seen him in town a number of times. In his early sixties, the man appeared to be in good health.

“Afternoon,” Ben said, speaking through the screen door. “I’m Ben Raines.”

“The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away,” the man replied.

“I beg your pardon?”

“Armageddon. The battle has been fought. So sayeth the Lord.”

Although not a student of the bible, Ben had read it. He asked, “Who won-Good or Evil?”

The question seemed to confuse the man. He stammered for a few seconds, then closed his mouth and shook his head.

“Do you realize what has happened?” Ben asked.

“Armageddon.”

Ben sighed and looked past the man into the living room of the home. A fire was raging in the fireplace and a woman sitting in a chair. She was dead. Ben could smell her from the porch.

“Do you want to come with us?” Ben asked. “Can we help in any way?”

The man shut the door in Ben’s face

Ben leaves him, Fran says that’s cold blooded, Ben counters with the old people dying from exposure.

quote:

You keep harping on that, Ben Rains. What would you have had me do about them?-- Not that it matters at this date.”

“Help them.” His reply was terse.

“I see, she said. “Well from reading your books--not that I’ve read many of them, you understand--that you would be the last person to advocate wealth redistribution. I thought you were a conservative.”

“I am a conservative, Fran, in most of my thinking. But I do not like to see innocent people suffer needlessly. Not when enormous wealth is--was--piled all around them. As for wealth redistribution… it was coming Fran. It would have been a reality before the end of the century.”

“My daddy said that was communism.”

“While he sat sipping his hundred-year-old cognac, admiring his antiques, in a house valued at about a million dollars--none of those things he, personally, lift a finger to ear. I don’t buy it Fran. But it’s all moot now, isn’t it? We’re all equal.”

She shuddered at the thought of being equal with everybody. How… unfair.

He takes her back to her house to get clothes, talks about eating dog meat in training. She throws on him. We find out she’s twenty eight. She doesn’t remember Rawhide, but assumes it was violent and ugly.

quote:

“Let’s be honest with each other, Ben. I don’t like you, and I probably never will like you very much.”

“Agreed.”

“But were stuck with each other”.”

“How true.”

“... let’s try to be civil, if not friends.”

Ben grinned. “O.K., Fran.”

“I don’t like to cook; won’t cook. I hate any type of housework, refuse to pick up after myself, and I whine when I don’t get my way.”

Ben laughed at her honesty. “Do you do windows?”

She laughed for the first time that day.”No! But”--she looked at him a him, appraising him through frankly sexual eyes--”I don’t like to sleep alone.”

“That’s a fair trade-off, I suppose,” Ben said.”

Fran convinces him not to drink, he goes to bed sober for the first time in years. She sleeps with him. There’s a sex scene that’s a bit too graphic for comfort but not graphic enough to be fun. This also establishes a very strong dynamic in the series. Women are not just objectified, but actual objects, with no value as a person beyond their status as a real doll. Fran is willing to do nothing to help, but she'll gently caress so it's cool.

quote:

Despite his feeling toward her, Ben felt a soft prodding of sorrow for the young woman. Her type of person had always bought her way through the world. Now … what would happen to people like that? Ben knew most of them were not survivors.
Ben has a human emotion and goes to sleep. The next day as they are leaving.

quote:

“I just wish everything would go back to the way it used to be. The way it was.”

The rich getting richer and the poor contemplating armed revolution, Ben thought. “It might be that way again, Fran. But it’s going to take years.”

They pick up another gas mask from the sheriff's office. Ben decides he wants a better vehicle.

quote:

At a dealership, Ben walked around the rucks, finally selecting a demonstrator that had all the equipment he needed, including a CB radio.

“I still don’t see why we can’t pick up a Cadillac or Lincoln,” Fran bitched, as she helped transfer the gear. “Then we could travel in some degree of comfort instead of bouncing along in a stupid pickup truck like a couple of gypsies.”

They head to Jackson

quote:

As they were turning around, a bullet slammed through the top of the windshield and Fran screamed.

Man is not that far from the caves, not that far from fighting over turf, food, women, survival. And if that man has been a part of any rough branch of service, if he took his training seriously, and if he has the slightest hint of pugnacity in him, that man will quickly revert to barbarism.

He tries to talk, with the hope of getting them to reveal themselves.

quote:

“Tell the oval office to get out of the truck!” a voice yelled at him. “Give us the woman and you can carry your rear end on outta here.”

He saw them, two of them, looking out of windows from the second floor of the building. White men wearing ornate cowboy hats, with feathers and ornaments. Urban cowboys.

Ben shoots them, tells Fran to drive while he rides shotgun. She points out that one of the men is hurt, but Ben doesn't care. It's actually really easy to like Fran despite how hard Johnstone worked to make her unlikable. Also the idea of a couple of survivors ambushing people for their women. Winter's coming, food's scare, gotta survive. But first, lets find pussy.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Guavanaut posted:

I have a mixed opinion of his writings but Corey Robin's book "The Reactionary Mind" would be pro-reading for anyone enjoying this thread. He argues, with some plausibility, that the essence of conservatism is a reactionary and fundamentally aesthetic worldview that celebrates violence and struggle and which often expresses almost as much contempt for the soft and decadent society it wants to save as it does for the leftist hordes it wants to destroy.

You can see that manifesting here with the author's fetish for characters who must make hard choices, like torturing their dear friends, or his sympathy for the idea that blowing up American society will ultimately restore some kind of fundamental conservatism that was lost thanks to liberal coddling and decadence. If you think back to the original Red Dawn there's a similar scene where the young protagonists have to execute one of their own for being a collaborator, and while on teh surface it might seem vaguely tragic you can see that really its supposed to be a reflection of how patriotic the protagonists are. "Look how much they love their country! They are willing to morally compromise themselves for the greater good!"

Anyway, the conservative contempt for affluent do-gooder liberals who don't really understand the brutality of man and who are themselves secret hypocrites is a very old and longstanding trope. And honestly it has a certain basis in reality even if its blown up into a caricature in cases like this one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
So how many copies of this awful series ended up selling?

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Party Plane Jones posted:

So how many copies of this awful series ended up selling?

I honestly don't know, nor have I been able to find out. As far as I can tell unless the publisher chooses to release that information, it stays secret. So the best I can do is guess.

He wrote thirty-six of these books and at the end they tried to continue the series with a new author after he died. Many of the books have multiple printings and the cover art has changed three or four times with these printings. In the 90s they weren't that hard to find in a library. You wouldn't find the whole set, but you could expect to find a few.

So not enough to get labeled a best seller, but enough to keep the publishing house making money.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
Chapter five part two.

He decides to go to the nearest armory.

He finds the place abandoned, and breaks into a weapon room.

quote:

“Found it!” He had discovered the M-16s, but Ben--like many vets--disliked the weapon with an emotion bordering on hatred. He would have loved to have found an old BAR, but those were getting rare. He handed Fran a box, then another box. He stacked several more boxes outside, then climbed out to join her.

“Ben--what is this junk?”

“Grenade launcher, 40-mm high explosive cartridges, and three boxes of hand grenades, mixed. White phosphorous, HE, and smoke.”

They banter for a bit. She hates guns, he tells her how it is.

quote:

Fran? Let me tell you the way it is, baby.” She gazed up at him, taking in the seriousness in his eyes. “Now, you heard that redneck call you a oval office back there, didn’t you?”

She nodded.

“Women, Fran, of any kind of color, young or old, are going to be at a premium, I think. And a good looking woman is going to be a real prize, worth killing for and more.”

“Your not a stupid woman, Fran, so I don’t have to tell you what a gang-bang is, do I?”

She shook her head.

“You ever been pronged up the rear end, Fran?”

“Certainly not!”

This goes on for a long time. He may not have scared her, but he’s certainly made me uncomfortable.

He finishes by saying he feels responsible for her, and will find a decent place to drop her off.

They lay over in Winona, Mississippi. and reach Memphis, Tennessee and pick up people on the CB, several thousand, before finding one worth talking to.

quote:

It appeared they were occupying about a ten-square-block area and clearing about a block a day, also sending out scouts to search for survivors. Their conversation on the CBs was intelligent, and they, of all the groups Ben monitored, did not use profanity. The base station used channel twenty-five and the call sign of Genesis. Ben decided to take a chance.

“Break-two-five for Genesis,” he called.

“This is Genesis. Who are you?”

“I’m friendly”,Ben said “But I have definitely seen some unfriendly types.”

Genesis chuckled. “Yes, we do seem to have a few of those still roaming the city.”
He asks if they can take Fran, they say that yes they are Christian, so they can take Fran. Also they have a member of the government with them in the form of U.S. Senator Hilton Logan.

quote:

”Logan” Ben muttered, the mike off. “Of all the people, you have to spare, you have to spare that bastard.”

“That’s sacrilege, Ben” Fran said.

They make it to the center, Fran gets taken in by the women. Ben meets Logan.

quote:

“Aren’t you terribly nervous with all these big bad guns all over the place?” Ben needled Logan. “How many times have you pissed your pants since you’ve been here, just thinking about all these pistols?”

“I gather, Mr. Raines, you don’t approve of my gun-control bill.”

“I believe my first words when I’d learned it had passed were ‘that goddamned do-gooder motherfucker.’ I was of course referring to you, Logan.”

They insult each other for a bit, Ben wins. They decide to hate each other for years.

Ben talks to some U.S. Army colonel. Tell’s him he’s going to explore and write a book. He learns that eight cities were hit by nukes. Detroit, Washington, New York, Omaha, Houston, the western part of Missouri, Baltimore, and San Francisco. Then Ben get’s this dropped on him.

quote:

“What are you going to do with your Rebels?”

“My what?” Ben was taken aback.

“Your Rebels, sir. General Travee told General MacPeters that Col. Bull Dean called his Rebel commanders just at the last minute and put you in charge of them. ‘Bout five thousand of them. Said he told Travee ‘that ought to sober up the drunken son of a bitch.’ Begging your pardon, sir.”

The chapter wraps up with Fran putting the moves on Logan and Ben moving out of town.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's weird, so weird how unnaturally the characters are acting to further the plot. It's like how in Left Behind everyone is railroaded through the requirements to trigger the apocalypse and all that poo poo, but at least in that case it was because of God puppeting the whole world into fulfilling bullshit prophecy conditions so he can kill everyone properly because God is implicitly a legalistic rear end in a top hat and free will is an illusion.

But this is just :psyduck: in how everyone is stiffly lurching to trigger plot point after plot point. :tvtropes:

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Throwing Turtles posted:

Also the idea of a couple of survivors ambushing people for their women. Winter's coming, food's scare, gotta survive. But first, lets find pussy.

You're not thinking sick enough. If your setting is sufficiently apocalyptic (or just one of those books where the author is sure black people are only not doing this right now because the guiding hand of Whitey is around), the latter turns into a solution for the former when push comes to shove. This came up a lot in TFR's thread about the Brackenverse.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Yond Cassius posted:

You're not thinking sick enough. If your setting is sufficiently apocalyptic (or just one of those books where the author is sure black people are only not doing this right now because the guiding hand of Whitey is around), the latter turns into a solution for the former when push comes to shove. This came up a lot in TFR's thread about the Brackenverse.
These books have racism that would fit right in with Wyatt E Mann. But they are always depicted as the bad guys. The racism here feels like a strawman to keep you from thinking about more subtle racism. As shown in this very post.

Also there's been a couple of mentions of Warhammer 40,000 parallels. It never occurred to me but that's the perfect way to describe these books. Warhammer 40k taken completely seriously.

Chapter Six

quote:

So now Ben was alone. He felt her absence more than he would have ever thought although he knew eventually they would have devoured each other with their conflicting personalities. But he missed her, nonetheless.

Steady pussy; he smiled as he drove. But he knew it was more than that.

He heads north and it occurs to me that the roads were awfully clear. No big traffic jams where panicked people just ditched their cars. He stops a few times in Missouri and picks up a cassette recorder, cassettes, and a typewriter.

He sees a few people, a ten year old who hides, a few people who refuse to answer his calls. He thinks about his project.

quote:

“Maybe a hundred years from now I’ll be famous.” Ben grinned, speaking aloud.

He would be, but it would be for something other than his writings.

Around Cairo he picks up CB chatter

quote:

A voice leaped out at him. “Truck jist crossed the bridge.”

Ben turned on the recorder, the volume up high to catch all the words.

“How many” another voice asked.

“Jist the one dude.”

“No pussy with him?”

“Naw”

“drat! I don’t think they’s a goddamned oval office left in this town. How old is this dude? If he’s a kid and he’s pretty we can take turns cornholin ‘him.

“Cain’t tell. He’s gittin out of my sight, turnin’ off on 51”

“We’ll follow him, laid back, sort of. You listenin’ Ralphie?”

“Yeah,” Ralphie answered.

“You and Tarver take your pickup and block this side of 51, over there by that old beer joint we used to hang out at— you ’member it?”

“Yeah. Will do. If he’s too ugly to cornhole, we’ll have us some fun with him ’fore we kill him.”
These guys follow Slanneesh

quote:

Ben’s smile was savage, a pulling back of the lips into a snarl. “Sorry to spoil your fun, boys,” he muttered. “But I’m going to see if I can’t rid the world of some human scum.”

Why is it, he thought, the scum always seem to survive any tragedy?

He shrugged away the age-old question and smiled grimly. What those scumballs didn’t know was that Ben knew Cairo probably better than they knew it. He’d had his first woman— a whore— in Cairo, back when strippers were still bumping and grinding in various clubs.

Ben turned down a side street, jumped out of the truck, and walked to the rear. He quickly assembled the antitank weapon. It was a one-shot, one-time affair, and Ben had never understood why the Army had replaced the bazooka with it, as the and sighted into the truck, making several adjustments before being satisfied. He fired the 66-mm rocket and it was dead-on accurate.

He notices he has an audience.

quote:

Several older men and women stood by the side of the road. One of the men held up his hands in a gesture of submission. “Peace, friend,” he said. “We mean you know harm. You’ve rid this town of filth and we thank you for it. We were listening to those heathen talk on our CBs.”

The men were dressed in dark clothing, flat-brimmed hats; the women in long dark dresses and bonnets.

I don’t know who these people are suppose to be, but I like to think they had all of the clothes ready so when world war three came they could immediately start cosplaying as the Amish.

quote:

“ Why didn’t you men arm yourselves and do it?” Ben asked. “Why wait and let someone else risk his life?”

“Our religion forbids the taking of human life,” the older man replied.

“Then you’re fools!” Ben said. He had no patience with a people who would not defend themselves or their country.

He asks what they have been doing, and it turns out they are going block by block burying the dead. He asks about his sister's house and finds out they have already buried her.

He moves on, till he reaches his parents house. He finds them dead, and buried them. He buries his sister in Normal. He doesn’t bury the husband because he was a college professor who liked Logan disliked the death penalty.

Rolling into Chicago.

quote:

He heard a lot of “motherfuckers” and “honkies” on the CB, and a lot of what Ben called jive talk. He also heard a lot of “friend of the family bastards, coons, shines, and porch monkeys.”

The hate had erupted
He avoids downtown chicago and records the chatter on the CB. He figures there's between 15,000 and 20,000 people here so it’s going to be a big race war. He think’s that they should be putting this all behind him so they can have a wonderful new world.

He reaches his brothers town, it’s well patrolled and asks about his brother.

quote:

“Sure you can go see him, but you’re not leaving once you get in.”

“What?”

“We need every gun and every white man we can get in this fight. We’re gonna wipe those damned niggers out once and for all. Then we can rebuild a decent society. “

“Let him go in, see his brother.”

Ben’s brother is fully on board with the white power movement.

quote:

”Protect your home! Hell, Carl, there must be ten million homes standing empty across this country. Take your choice--live in the governor’s mansion if you like.”

“Be niggers in there, eatin’ fried chicken and smackin’ those five pound lips. Doin’ the jumpin’ funky-jumpy in the governor’s office.”

“Carl, I believe some of the things wrong with this nation--back when we had a nation, that is--could, and probably should be placed on blacks dorestep; probably will be placed there by historians. Me, for one. The give-me, give-me-more programs. But you can’t in honesty, blame the black race for this horror.”

I’m not sayin that, Ben. I’m sayin now is the time to either get rid of them or put them back in their place”

“Get rid of an entire race! Ben, that’s genocide. You can’t be serious. Their place? Where the hell is that, Carl?”

“How about the black children, Carl--you going to kill them too?”

His brother shrugged. “Little niggers grow up to be big niggers, Ben. They’re all taught from birth to lie and steel and lust after white women.”

“Carl… you don’t mean that. Now I’ll admit I don’t have many black friends.” He grimaced. “Matter of fact, I don’t have any. But you can’t believe all black people are the way you describe them.
...Carl do you have any Jews in this gathering of yours?

Ben turned, his eyes widening in disbelief. The small, wiry-looking man was dressed in a Nazi storm trooper’s uniform. A swastika on his sleeve.

And they run him out of town as a race traitor.

These people follow Khorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukFAvYP3UU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Throwing Turtles posted:

He avoids downtown chicago and records the chatter on the CB. He figures there's between 15,000 and 20,000 people here so it’s going to be a big race war. He think’s that they should be putting this all behind him so they can have a wonderful new world.

Yeah what's with these people and their weird social and political hangups getting in the way of rebuilding after the apocalypse. Anyway, let me tell you about these loving liberals :rant:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

quote:

In the hands of a better writer, this line would just drip with irony.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Ben’s smile was savage, a pulling back of the lips into a snarl. “Sorry to spoil your fun, boys,” he muttered. “But I’m going to see if I can’t rid the world of some human scum.”

He shrugged away the age-old question and smiled grimly. What those scumballs didn’t know was that Ben knew Cairo probably better than they knew it. He’d had his first woman— a whore— in Cairo, back when strippers were still bumping and grinding in various clubs.

I wonder what the difference is between a savage smile and a grim smile.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

King's Duel has one rape militia group, but I never finished reading it, so it might have had more.

How is it that nukes are killing off women more stadily than men? I mean, aren't women more numerous? The survivor groups should be more equal, I'd think.

And why are those small towns depopulated if they only managed to hit big population centers.

There is an old post nuclear war RPG called Tomorrow Project. In the vein of all good old RPGs, it starts with a massively autistic chartaton to calculate what places get hit and by what, and how much radiation remains, and radiation sickness. One weird thing about it is that they include bacteriological ICBMs into the list. Where the soviets seriously deploying biological weapons in missiles?

40k mentions brought to you by JcDent:
I basically read nothing else! :commissar:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Seriously, though, what is it with conservative authors and rape? Perhaps it's something of a sampling bias since most of my exposure to them is through let's reads like this, but so far all of them seem to feature rape in a big way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can only assume everyone went on a murderrape rampage in the first ten days and now they've run out of people to murderrape.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I stand for the Hick-Negron-Wetback's Campaign for Sustainable Rape, which ties into our Millenium Murder Stock Replenishment program :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's like the tragedy of the commons but with rape.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

quote:

Their conversation on the CBs was intelligent, and they, of all the groups Ben monitored, did not use profanity.

quote:

“You ever been pronged up the rear end, Fran?”

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
"Pronged" is just the dumbest slang term for loving I've ever heard.

This guy reads like a tenth grader. Ringo sounds like Faulkner next to these quotes.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

OwlFancier posted:

I can only assume everyone went on a murderrape rampage in the first ten days and now they've run out of people to murderrape.

Well obviously millions more women got murdered than men because they're weaker or more liberal. Same thing, really.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

While I have spent enough time on /k/ to believe that liberals break out in hives at the sight of a gun (and there's that story about a pink Pak, the polygon writer who's shocked by VR guns and that one reporter who go traumatised by firing an AR-15 at a gun range), I still find it ridiculous when Fran goes "what is that big ugly thing".

It's also fun how this guy and Ringo are vague about the religion of the protag. I think most of the conservative target audience claims to be Christian, even if they hate the poor and think that rape is great.

Back to guns: glad to see that Beehive Bob is choosing the manly pistol cartridge, the 45 ACP. Only a commie pinko librul would use the much inferior 9mm. I guess this book was released before Rainbow Six, as in that book they used MP5s chambered in 45 ACP (which exist, since MP5 is the AK of SMGs)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think Ben Raines is awfully well-informed about post apocalyptic survival priorities, especially in regards to rape.
Also white loving phosphorus? Seriously?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eh, industrial strength smoke grenade I guess?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I wiki'd no WP smoke rounds for M79, so maybe it's a case of Škoda AKs

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic
The storyline sounds like it's been ripped straight from the next Fallout game. Ben is the lone wanderer, picking up a few quests here and there before tackling the main quests.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed a speech check to resolve the race war peacefully.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wang_Tang posted:

The storyline sounds like it's been ripped straight from the next Fallout game. Ben is the lone wanderer, picking up a few quests here and there before tackling the main quests.

And just like the stereotypical Fallout player, Ben's got about a hundred terrible rape- and sex-mods installed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

Back to guns: glad to see that Beehive Bob is choosing the manly pistol cartridge, the 45 ACP. Only a commie pinko librul would use the much inferior 9mm. I guess this book was released before Rainbow Six, as in that book they used MP5s chambered in 45 ACP (which exist, since MP5 is the AK of SMGs)

Rainbow Six used MP5s chambers in 10mm (which did exist); .40 versions also existed but build quality was half-assed because H&K didn't want to sink money into a round the FBI was already moving away from.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
can we not turn this otherwise entertaining thread into a gun circle jerk, thank you.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So kind of related to all this madness, Chapo Traphouse is doing a reading series of whatever noted conservative gently caress head Ben Shapiro's book is called. And I would say it's in the same genre as this with some how worse writing .

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-68-applebees-christmas-spectacular-feat-kath-barbadoro-122316

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Comrade KomradeX, I just wanted to post that.

Also, I grab goons straight by the gun.

E: There was a previous reading of something about ACW 2 where Real American Men crushed liberal lesbian wieners

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KomradeX posted:

So kind of related to all this madness, Chapo Traphouse is doing a reading series of whatever noted conservative gently caress head Ben Shapiro's book is called. And I would say it's in the same genre as this with some how worse writing .

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-68-applebees-christmas-spectacular-feat-kath-barbadoro-122316

Is this a podcast? What's it about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's the dirtiest leftist podcast out there, so for the last month and a half it has been mostly about slamming Hillary and the DNC for their massive input in Trump's victory. They don't spare anyone in their criticism - even the left - but it's the right and altright assholes that stand out as their targets.

Sometimes, they read books by some crackpot or the other. The linked episode has a reading of True Alegiance by a racist rear end in a top hat pundit called Ben Shapiro. It's about halfway in. I don't remember what exactly was it about, even if I listened to it today, so I had to google it.

quote:

New York Times bestselling author Ben Shapiro’s new novel asks how close are we to our country’s collapse—and will we be able to stop it once it begins?

America is coming apart. An illegal immigration crisis has broken out along America's Southern border—there are race riots in Detroit—a fiery female rancher-turned-militia leader has vowed revenge on the president for his arrogant policies—and the world's most notorious terrorist is planning a massive attack that could destroy the United States as we know it. Meanwhile the President is too consumed by legacy-seeking to see our country’s deep peril.

Brett Hawthorne is the youngest general in the United States Army—and he’s stuck, alone, behind enemy lines in Afghanistan. He’s the last lost soldier of a failed war, fighting to stay alive and make it back home—but will he be able to stop the collapse of America in time? 

Ah, now I remember. Black people orchestrate police shootings of black kids for shits and giggles.

• Locked thread