Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Xander77 posted:

Someone mentioned 5$ for DA: Inquisition? Not seeing it anywhere.

On Origin, not Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Someone tell me what on my wishlist is worth owning, since I just spent $40 to buy out the bottom half/all the $3.99 & under games

Human Revolution for sure

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Got a GMG email coupon this morning that stacked with their current vanilla Civ VI discount. Got it for $35.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
As someone who's never played Guilty Gear before, which one should I get between Sign and Accent Core Plus R? Sign is $10 more; is it that much of an update to Plus R, if I'm gauging how interested I'd be in picking up Revelator during a future sale?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Inzombiac posted:

On Origin, not Steam.
Obviously.

Oh, they meant "with Origin access". Yeah, gently caress that.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Picked up:

The Final Station
Craft the World
Dead by Daylight
Vermintide

Here's hoping they're not all poo poo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

spudsbuckley posted:

Going on dlcompare and searching for the game you want beats Steam sales pretty much 99.9% of the time.

I bought the new season the Walking Dead for E18 last night compared to the Steam sale price of E23.

I don't know anything about this dlcompare service. Every game I've looked at redirects to "Instant Gaming" and has about a 50% discount. Is this a legitimate service or am I going to some Czech credit skimming site?

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Is the port of Street Fighter 5 any good, or did Capcom gently caress it up like they've done with so many other things? How about BlazBlue, are those good ports?

On a related note, is the steam controller good for fighting games?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Koldenblue posted:

Is the port of Street Fighter 5 any good, or did Capcom gently caress it up like they've done with so many other things? How about BlazBlue, are those good ports?

On a related note, is the steam controller good for fighting games?

Street Fighter 5 PC port is very good, and my friend. They put a rootkit in it and then removed it again after people noticed, so the current version is safe :v:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Trampy Vampy posted:

As someone who's never played Guilty Gear before, which one should I get between Sign and Accent Core Plus R? Sign is $10 more; is it that much of an update to Plus R, if I'm gauging how interested I'd be in picking up Revelator during a future sale?

Accent Core Plus R is the very last iteration of the ps2 generation titles, while Xrd Sign is the new one released on ps4.

Revelator will play exactly the same as Sign but with more characters, story, tweaks, etc.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Anybody here ever played Darkwood? It's been on my wishlist ever since it was greenlit ages ago, but it's still on Early Access and I haven't seen any impressions about it.

I'm in the same boat as you. Wishlisted it 2 years ago, but haven't played it because it's really really tough to convince me to bite on Early Access stuff.

It seems to be progressing well, but it's still EA and not cheap enough to jump the queue ahead of the scads of actually completed games on my wishlist. Maybe next year.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did the Dishonored 2 issues get ironed out?
There is no way I'm not buying it eventually.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Goddamn it, I was waiting for the sale but Obduction doesn't have a price drop :negative:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Oscar Wild posted:

I don't know anything about this dlcompare service. Every game I've looked at redirects to "Instant Gaming" and has about a 50% discount. Is this a legitimate service or am I going to some Czech credit skimming site?

I've bought a lot of games from sites that are linked to on it and i've never had any problems.

Bought stuff for Steam, PSN, XBL no problems, sort of trivializes Steam sales :/

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Street Fighter 5 PC port is very good, and my friend. They put a rootkit in it and then removed it again after people noticed, so the current version is safe :v:

Cool thanks. I really want to pick up some fighting games but it's hard to know where to start. I'll be picking up street fighter 5 then.

I'll probably get a steam controller regardless. I realize it probably won't be as good as a fight stick, but mainly I just hope that the d-pad isn't all mushy.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Did the Dishonored 2 issues get ironed out?
There is no way I'm not buying it eventually.

Unsure, but it's available on GMG for $34.46 after applying the 10% off promo code (winter10) if you want to save 5 bucks!

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Koldenblue posted:

Cool thanks. I really want to pick up some fighting games but it's hard to know where to start. I'll be picking up street fighter 5 then.

I'll probably get a steam controller regardless. I realize it probably won't be as good as a fight stick, but mainly I just hope that the d-pad isn't all mushy.

That is a trackpad, not a d-pad. Please don't buy it for Street Fighter.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Tales of Zestiria is 12 bucks and I know I'm going to hate myself for buying it. Is the PC version any good? Is the game any good for that matter?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mokinokaro posted:

No. Stay far away from Blood Bowl 2. It's more DLC platform than proper game.

Blood bowl: chaos edition then? I feel like it'd scratch a decent itch of chilled out board-like game. With a certain other thread locked I feel like it's okay to give GW money right now.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Blood bowl: chaos edition then? I feel like it'd scratch a decent itch of chilled out board-like game. With a certain other thread locked I feel like it's okay to give GW money right now.

Ticket to Ride is on Steam too, y'know, and gives $0 to GW

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Tales of Zestiria is 12 bucks and I know I'm going to hate myself for buying it. Is the PC version any good? Is the game any good for that matter?

it runs fine but it's not a very good game. the plot is kind of a mess, a lot of the mechanics are annoying and it's just generally not worth it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Ticket to Ride is on Steam too, y'know, and gives $0 to GW

Thanks. I love board games but can't buy any at the moment. Never played ticket to ride, but I've heard good things. :)

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Anybody here ever played Darkwood? It's been on my wishlist ever since it was greenlit ages ago, but it's still on Early Access and I haven't seen any impressions about it.

I've been keeping an eye on this for ages, and it's shaping up but the development pace is absolutely glacial. They also did one major redesign over a year ago that involved going dark for months and there's no way to know if they're going to do that again. I doubt it's going to be abandoned at this point but they might also be working on it for years at this rate.

For $2, definitely. It's chock full of Ice-pick Lodge weirdness where most of the game is spent figuring out how to play it. The gameplay gets pretty repetitive though, so if you don't get invested in sussing it out you'll get bored eventually. Here's the full review I did last year.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does the steam controller come with a wireless receiver/dongle?

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Does the steam controller come with a wireless receiver/dongle?

Yes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Awesome! posted:

civ beyond earth is still not worth playing with the expansion right?

I got the expansion on sale a while back.

You are correct, it is not.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

betamax hipster posted:

In the sense that it didn't have a lot of settings and stuff we expect a PC game to have, yes, but it was at worst equivalent to its console versions. DSFix handles the most glaring issues.

This.

DS1 has a great PC port, just not a PC version. Vanilla DS1 on PC is exactly the same as on PS3, except for Blighttown which actually runs with a better framerate than on consoles. With the DSFix fanpatch you can increase the resolution beyond what was possible on the PS3 (assuming your PC can handle it) and have the best DS experience out there :black101:

Oh yeah and KB+M controls are awkward as hell so use a controller if at all possible.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's not really true that you can just buy blindly on day 1 and get the best price.

Last year and during the summer sale there were publisher sales where stuff went cheaper during the sale.

If you don't want to play something when you buy it, wait until the last day of the sale / for it to go on a further sale. This is especially true for big publishers like Ubisoft / Activision / etc.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ikaruga for £3.49, 50% off. It's one of the best bullet hell shooters ever made so fill your boots.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Thanks. I love board games but can't buy any at the moment. Never played ticket to ride, but I've heard good things. :)

add me on steam and we can play trains together :3:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Takes No Damage posted:

This.

DS1 has a great PC port, just not a PC version. Vanilla DS1 on PC is exactly the same as on PS3, except for Blighttown which actually runs with a better framerate than on consoles. With the DSFix fanpatch you can increase the resolution beyond what was possible on the PS3 (assuming your PC can handle it) and have the best DS experience out there :black101:

Oh yeah and KB+M controls are awkward as hell so use a controller if at all possible.

It's funny how bad the console experience really is - as a PC gamer you kinda expect smooth 60FPS and everything below that is just poo poo while console plebs have to live with 25-30fps most of the time.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I bought 3 games and had to download 120 gb. Thanks DOOM!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

GaussianCopula posted:

It's funny how bad the console experience really is - as a PC gamer you kinda expect smooth 60FPS and everything below that is just poo poo while console plebs have to live with 25-30fps most of the time.

mmm thats that good pc master race poo poo. love it

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

pyrotek posted:

That is a trackpad, not a d-pad. Please don't buy it for Street Fighter.

Oh it's not actually a d-pad on the steam controller? That's disappointing, as my other options are to use an xbox controller I already own, or to buy an entirely new controller/fight stick just to play pc fighters properly. Hmmm. Disappointing, but thanks for the info.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
I hate being so addicted to trading cards...Bought $100 worth of games - got 10 winter sale trading cards...5 of one, 4 of another. Thanks for all the dupes Steam. :(

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

I hate being so addicted to trading cards...Bought $100 worth of games - got 10 winter sale trading cards...5 of one, 4 of another. Thanks for all the dupes Steam. :(

Hopefully you got a ton of "Just 5 More Minutes" because I got none of those and a ton of "Whoa Dude" and "Community Choice".

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Koldenblue posted:

Oh it's not actually a d-pad on the steam controller? That's disappointing, as my other options are to use an xbox controller I already own, or to buy an entirely new controller/fight stick just to play pc fighters properly. Hmmm. Disappointing, but thanks for the info.

A fair number of very good street fighter players play on pad. It's not impossible.

Also, this is the first winter sale since Steam became a service I've had a gaming PC (holy poo poo I'm so old.) I'm going to spend so much money and not download poo poo.

How's the PC port of Metal Gear Rising? My Xbox died before I could finish it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Boxman posted:

How's the PC port of Metal Gear Rising? My Xbox died before I could finish it.

It's excellent and you owe it to yourself to finish that amazing game.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Bob James posted:

I bought 3 games and had to download 120 gb. Thanks DOOM!

At least your top download speed isn't 5MB/s like mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any thoughts on Kopanito All-Stars Soccer?

It looks like it might be a nice throwback to my second-favorite NES game as a kid, World Cup Soccer. You know, with the River City Ransom art.

• Locked thread