Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Y Tu Mamá Tamién, of course.

This has been a comfort food movie of mine since high school. I went back to it last night because although Rogue One was quite a disappointment, I will never tire of staring at DIego Luna.

However, of all the times I've watched this movie, I finally noticed this:

When they all get to the beach, there's some visual trickery. The camera has sudden and quick dark yellow filters in very specific moments in which it signifies death.

Most superficially, it is Luisa's death. On the second viewing, early on, you notice her going into her doctor, getting her diagnosis, and deciding to gently caress everything.

On the third viewing, and maybe after reading Ebert's review, you realize that this is a story of two friends from very different worlds. While Luisa loses her life, Tenoch and Julio lose their illusions as well as their friendship. You can see flashes and moments of the color change as they process everything.

I dunno, guys. Clearly, I'm new here. I was a film buff ... 12 years ago, when a Netflix subscription was the least irresponsible use of my high school job money. I was watching this movie last night to stare at Tenoch and practice my Spanish, but the use of that yellow lens filter hit me like a sack of bricks.

And, well, hey. It's available on Netflix (in the States, at least), and if you've not seen it, you seriously should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

This is the one with all the penises right?

• Locked thread