Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Post about memorable guns in this thread, could be from any genre of game.

Far cry 4 had a lot of mediocrity in it but the game's elephant gun is anything but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6d1XQSfNw

the shot sound is one of the best ive heard in any game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The M1 Garand sound from the DLC for Battlefield Bad Company 2 was extremely sick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grt8fLRE3dw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's the most memorable gun to me, outside of stupid obvious poo poo like doom guns or quake guns or whatever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember this cannon. drat bad company 2 was a loving good game. i remember ppl saying it wasn't a ~real battlefield~ and BF3 was gonna come out and be gaming's salvation lmfao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Obligatory doom super shotty :worship:

Being able to pull the turrets off and walk around with them was pretty cool in Halo 3

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

that is a cool sound but lol how its reverberating like its in a hangar while the guy is shooting in a tiny bedroom

Soral
May 30, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The m1 garand from the original Medal of Honor

The Assault shotgun from deus ex

The mp44 from Enemy Territory

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Since it's Quake 4 it doesn't count as a banal pick but the reload noise on the hyper blaster in Quake 4.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Least I think that's the one I'm t hinking of.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the riot smg in mgs5 is a stand out

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The RYNO V in R&C Tools of Destruction is pretty cool, it plays 1812 overture so long as you hold the trigger down.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
not a super high tier entry but the High Powered Pistol 1911 or whatever from red dead redemption felt so good to get. Suddenly you wielded unimaginable power and I unloaded an entire magazine of it into the big bad at the end, by the river

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Half Life revolver

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's been a long time but i remember having my mind blown navigating the Stinger missile around in MGS1. The rocket punch in V is a cool throwback to that

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I always really liked the SC-20K from the older Splinter Cell games.

I love weird looking bullpup guns and the 3 million ways you could customize it with all the different attachments blew my mind--at the time it was really unique, before every shooter let you put a ton of attachments on everything.

The SC-3000 that replaced it in Conviction and the SC-4000 from Blacklist look really badass but don't have the gadget launchers and stuff which was a huge letdown.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

the cerebral bore from turok

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

The RYNO V in R&C Tools of Destruction is pretty cool, it plays 1812 overture so long as you hold the trigger down.
It plays Ride of the Valkyries in Crack In Time.

Also:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqvCqk5WDrQ

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lwkzi74U8

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like how every single shot in this vid makes no sense

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

For a silent takedown.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's so goofy looking it must be a classic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The ping when the Garand expends the last of the clip is iconic.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bobnumerotres posted:

i remember this cannon. drat bad company 2 was a loving good game. i remember ppl saying it wasn't a ~real battlefield~ and BF3 was gonna come out and be gaming's salvation lmfao

I've never understood people who love BC2 but hate BF3/4/1... it's the same dagnab game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Here's a fun website: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Category:Video_Game

Soral
May 30, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

The ping when the Garand expends the last of the clip is iconic.

love it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one of my favorite game guns is the fully modded anti-mat rifle from FO:NV with explosive rounds. destroying a deathclaw from across the map with a single shot hnnng

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

star wars republic commando had that gun that becomes a new kind of gun based on the equipped attachment which was pretty neat

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the default lmg in natural selection was a badass starting weapon if someone wants to google a screen shot and post it for me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Not Important lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Not Important lmfao

Omg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Not Important lmfao

I need to update a wiki page.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

one of my favorite game guns is the fully modded anti-mat rifle from FO:NV with explosive rounds. destroying a deathclaw from across the map with a single shot hnnng

giving this to Boone and just having kill screens pop up at random ftmfw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I love IMFDB lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

frank.club posted:

giving this to Boone and just having kill screens pop up at random ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've never understood people who love BC2 but hate BF3/4/1... it's the same dagnab game.

my b i just saw this. idk man bf3 only had like 2 serviceable maps for me, bf4 had really great map design in general though. battlefield is always gonna play the same so it comes down to how good the maps are in this gamers opinion

• Locked thread