Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Started out as F2P and getting really frustrated but once i started getting the hang of the different factions the games really fun to play. I spent $20 to get premium because goddamn that bar that tells you how much poo poo you got saved up really works haha. Theres a ton of poo poo that is really not intuitive but once you get it down you'll start owning people.

The games fun and totally worth $20 it takes to become premium. Just be sure to start as orks because what you need is clip size because movement means survival and orks start out with 60 round shootas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

There's a 'D bash' mechanic that will make light attacks clang off and can stun you. You can do this by holding right and left mouse button. Power attacks will go through this though.

Yeah melee is pretty stupid because unless your using a powerful weapon like the fist/claw and 1 shot someone with a power attack your pretty much hosed when everyone guns you down. I tried to play as the sorc and it was so loving brutal because first the lock on system can disable movement so you gotta toggle it on and off and second your sword sucks rear end. Basically you need to do power attack constantly because even a dev can potentially stun you and if your weapon sucks then your opponent will still be alive after the attack and just gun you down.

Once you get to lv3 you unlock better armor and ton of kick rear end attachments--my SM tact has 154 armor, 130 toughness, and 200 health. I regularly outlast ork and chaos players because only dedicated melee classes can get close to those numbers.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah unless your picking off a straggler melee is suicide because you've got the entire team with ranged weapons who can swivel and gun you down before you do anything.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I love that even though i can get multiple advanced weapons i still keep coming back to the bolter because for its cost its so drat good. I'm still far away from the stormbolter specialization but i honestly don't know if its better then the MC bolter just because of the MC bolters stats--lower spread and spread per shot could be huge.

I also love how the heavy bolter is a really good assault weapon haha slowly striding into a point hosing down multiple enemies--you should just start screaming and roaring because that would be epic.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Please do not spend money on this garbage dumpster fire of a game.

I was of the same mind but i spent $20 because its now pretty fun. No matter the flaws running with a pack of 10 dudes into a point with all of them spamming T is hilarious and fun. Heres a video of me and a friend charging a capture point doing just that, i'm the tactical that threw a krak nade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6j6ncLfgZA You could say i was the tip of the bony fist of door.

*This also happens sometimes to which makes you chuckle but most of the time its you getting gunned down in the open https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NiONDrBOoc

Arghy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 22, 2017

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I love scorpion players who don't realize they aren't invisible just a blurry mass. I once hosed down a team of 2 scorpions who were trying to sneak up on me as a dev--if they just straight up rushed me i would have died but instead they slowly stalked me allowing me to spot them haha.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I get so mad at the stupid clans in this game, lets defend a single point with an entire clan squad while letting the other 2 fall to overwhelming numbers! I explained that they only need 2 points to win and if 50% of our team is sitting on a point then they can leverage 100% of their forces to crush us. They never left A the entire match which we of course lost while the leader was berating me saying i'd never get into a clan with that attitude hahaha.

I hope this game gets big so we can create a goon guild to crush the horrible RPers into the ground.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

After 5 straight losses on 2 factions i pretty much just ragequit because this isn't a goddamn job to complete the stupid loving campaign. Honestly i don't know if i can keep playing this game without an organized team.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

What i don't like about sorcs is the charge regen is so goddamn slow when you want to heal up multiple people. An apoth can throw a heal nade then inject multiple dudes in seconds then engage with a very powerful ranged weapon. Sorcs should be given chaos altars or something similar for static buffing or healing.

MoT is nice for a super battery standard heal build since MoT has the highest regen/charge combo. I swap between MoT and MoS in fortress maps though lately i realized that nurgle heal circle is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Frenzy sucks when you just wanna heal a duder haha why the sorc also doesn't get some sort of weaker viles or aura is beyond me.

• Locked thread