Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i thnk in training made a post about it ages back but i love tht what you think is gonna be the huge twist humanity's been dead for thousands of years is told you wth no fanfare and you kind of go ah, yeah. but then all the other twists aside from the virus and the bunker exploding are told offscreen in intel and you see the reactions to them before you can go read it yourself. the document the twins give you where they talk about how yorha is 100% disposable and designed to be destroyed when its purpose is served, you have to sit through a cutscene going what did he read! I want to see it! and that's fuckin cool. also lol if you didnt choose to leave on ending D and if you didnt help you're a motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

basically its really cool that i went into this expecting nier 1 style big ol' twists and while there were a few of thm they're more trivia than anything by the time you read them yorha's already gone so the doc explaining how that'll happen eventually is more confirming somethin you already know than giving you information and the bit about androids being made from machine cores coming like 20m before the end of the game and jackass' report about how the machine network ws based around human data are vry cool but dont directly affect the player or the story so they end up not being twists but just contributing to this sense of worthless futility. i love this game a ton and yoko taro is a treasure

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 23, 2017

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I just finished ending C. Good as hell. Feel now that chapter select is a thing the game is winding down a bit which makes me sad.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

I just finished ending C. Good as hell. Feel now that chapter select is a thing the game is winding down a bit which makes me sad.

You're really close to being done but thankfully the last part is mind blowing

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

C/D spoilers thing i just realized, A2 genocides the machines in endng C. their whole network's in the ark and A2 makes the Tower crumble during C before they can fire it, and jackass' report confirms the network's destroyed either way. i guess maybe the ark's alive somewhere in the rubble, but otherwise the machines are all dead except for maybe Pascal and any other machines disconnected from the network

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i know someone who didnt do it when he got ending E and i dont think we ca nbe friends anymore

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://i.imgur.com/TXzVuak.mp4

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

a nerd

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Beat E last night, I’ve had the game for like a week and put in > 30 hours and don’t want to stop any time soon

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The story was so good

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m at ~60 and trying to get platinum. Lots of little secrets and stuff I keep discovering. Finally got all the weapons and nearly all their upgrades. Upgrading the pods is loving annoying tho

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Platinum complete, one of my favourite games for sure. sent my data to help some strangers. Ending E was pretty much a perfect finale.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
arranged & unreleased tracks album was released and has some importnt missing tracks

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

bump_fn posted:

arranged & unreleased tracks album was released and has some importnt missing tracks

Is this available easily?

I purchased the automata and gestalt vinyl and it is really well done from the packaging to the production. I hope square enix does this with more of their work cause who the gently caress listens to bluray ost.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bump_fn posted:

Do they have the THIS CANNOT CONTINUE & Become as Gods version of that song

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Do they have the THIS CANNOT CONTINUE & Become as Gods version of that song
The entire second disc is all the different variations of that song.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

also the arranged tracks that i've listened to so far are great

the alien manifestation arrangement is some crazy latin-japanese fusion, it's chill

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

BBJoey posted:

also the arranged tracks that i've listened to so far are great

the alien manifestation arrangement is some crazy latin-japanese fusion, it's chill
That one's good, I also really dig the Pascal arrangement once it gets going and the accordion Song of the Ancients.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The steam version is on sale but is the port bad enough that I should get it on ps4 instead

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

The Milkman posted:

The steam version is on sale but is the port bad enough that I should get it on ps4 instead

The port is good I think but I played on ps4.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’ve heard it’s fine, go for it if you prefer to play on PC but it’s also pretty much always on sale for PS4 too.

They are releasing a piano collections soundtrack for this soon, which are usually always kinda cool if you are into that stuff.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

its fine

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Did they ever fix the port? Lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

spb posted:

Did they ever fix the port? Lol

nope lol, worth getting and playing with the fan patch tho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The fanpatch makes it fine. Not to excuse the state of the port but w/e

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
thank you it's sometimes hard to tell how many "port is hell piss satan balls" grievances are legitimate

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024894/A-Fun-Time-in-Which

Overview An unbelievably miserable lecture in which an extremely strange director, YOKO TARO, and an idiotic game designer, Takahisa Taura, will try to talk about the development of 'NieR:Automata', using their near-dead brains. It seems that they are thinking about taking a look back on the development of 'NieR:Automata', and how they came together to create one of the most perverse experiences in video game history. From the captivating imaginings of YOKO TARO to the satisfying action-packed battles of PlatinumGames Inc., they will discuss their design process and how they worked to bring the world of 'NieR:Automata' to life is what they are saying they will do, but they may end up changing their minds and talking about what they have eaten in the US in detail for one full hour instead. No one can see into the future. Don't you agree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

finished up my replay of this yesterday

route c spoiler:

I chose to walk away from Pascal, rather than wiping his memory. Later found him in the village as 9S where he can barely remember his name or the village. He becomes a vendor for machine body parts and sells the cores of the children :/

I'm not really sure what's the right choice there. if you wipe his memory he's just going fail again. but letting him live almost seems like making the same mistake except now he has vague memories.

good rear end game. deleted my save

• Locked thread