Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Technically it's a SE game, Platinum just made the fights fun.

I don't get what you're trying to say... it was directed by kenji saito, the director of mgr: revengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Both Niers are directed by the insane genius Taro Yoko. Which means maximum run time to allow the most crazy ideas.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Cool

quote:

Because the concept of enjoying killing seemed insane to him, he designed the first game's main protagonists to be insane.

quote:

During his youth, he experienced an incident that would influence his later work as a scenario writer: while in a shopping street with a group of friends, one of them who was walking along a high building roof slipped and died from the fall. The scene as Yoko remembered it was initially "horrifying", but in hindsight he saw humorous elements as well.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh cool it's good to know that Caim was a complete psycho by deisgn

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wtf kind of weird brain damage makes one think this way

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

rediscover posted:

sony did what nintendidn't

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is drakengard 2 worth playing i th0ouhth taro wasnt involved at all so i never played it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

is drakengard 2 worth playing i th0ouhth taro wasnt involved at all so i never played it

no, but too be fair, neither are drakengaard 1 and 3

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

mysterious loyall X posted:

no, but too be fair, neither are drakengaard 1 and 3

drakengard 3 and nier are both insanely good games to play when you're sick though. drakengard 3's final boss is kinda rear end sure but the rest of the game is pretty cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

rediscover posted:

the neogaf mentally ill are overwhelmingly servile and desperately want to please their favorite companies

it's refreshing compared to the Games forum freaks who all want to be tough and do sick owns on video games

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/NeoGAFNewThread/status/818117859331244032

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I played Drakengard 1 and 2, never played 3. 1 was ok but was carried by the story because the gameplay was terrible. 2 didn't have a good story and the only cool part was when Caim showed up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/818151916538429440

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol. awesome

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I love this dude

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

owns

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/818147107638943744?ref_src=twsrc

“After saying ‘send me zips of 2B art’ word got around and I actually got a zip. The Internet is great.”

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I've never gotten past the first hour of NieR and I really don't have a good reason. I should just play it already

The gameplay never really gets good, it's carried by the story which takes some time to get going. Also the sidequests and stuff stay 99% pointless throughout except some of them are actually good and there's no way to know which

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

What's the steam controller like

it's a fun novelty that's useful for some games and terrible for most other games. if you want to comfortably play console ports just get a x360 pad or something

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
why do ppl use xbox 360 controllers for computer gaming. it sucks. it's a bad controller. use ds4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably because it's a lot easier to get it working with a computer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like the Xbox One controller best

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training posted:

Probably because it's a lot easier to get it working with a computer.

a ps4 controller works natively with mac os x so i can play lovely ports w a gamepad easily

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Plague of Shadows last night using a 360 controller, the d-pad sucks and it kept registering up inputs without me doing them

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My DS4 used to randomly go crazy playing bloodborne and I thought I broke my controller but one day it just stopped happening so I think It was a but in BB that they patched and just never mentioned. I love the DS4 but I hear it's a pain to get working properly on PC so maybe I'll just get a bone controlle

Soral
May 30, 2009

steam is going to offer full dualshock 4 support. its in beta right now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hope the Switch Pro Controller works on PC. My Wii U Pro's Y button and sticks are failing me after so much use and abuse.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Evil Eagle posted:

I hope the Switch Pro Controller works on PC. My Wii U Pro's Y button and sticks are failing me after so much use and abuse.

whoaaaa do you need some jacked up drivers to get it to work or can it just USB in

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

whoaaaa do you need some jacked up drivers to get it to work or can it just USB in

I bought a 10 dollar mayflash wireless adapter from Amazon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

You cam get ds4 working on a pc by plugging it in. If your game does not eork u might have to search input mapper whoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My controller randomly fails at least once a session and I still don't know why

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
never dualshock

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

worst case scenario u need ds4windows but in my experience you just plug it in and it works. usually

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The 360 pad is fine unless you have to use the horrible d pad

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The 360 pad is fine unless you have to use the horrible d pad

name a game where u dont have to use the d pad though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

If it's just used for selecting items sometimes or w/e it does the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

name a game where u dont have to use the d pad though.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Locked thread