Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I would really like a new Tenchu SA game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ninja Gaiden was good, but hell, it's no DMC3-4

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ninja Gaiden Black was one of my favorite challenges as a younger gamer. It and DMC3 were the perfect combination of style and difficulty.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I liked the Nier demo so much that I preordered the game and also involuntarily make a whiny baby sound whenever I play a game that isn't the Nier demo. drat, that demo was good.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I would really like a new Tenchu SA game

Nioh is going to be sick

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

small hendren posted:

Nioh is going to be sick

I played both demos and really enjoyed it but I would like to grappling hook across rooftops and assassinate fat merchants.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

I played both demos and really enjoyed it but I would like to grappling hook across rooftops and assassinate fat merchants.

Yeah I forgot about all that ninja type stuff which Nioh definitely won't have :doh:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

small hendren posted:

Yeah I forgot about all that ninja type stuff which Nioh definitely won't have :doh:

I just discovered that there's a Japanese only version of tenchu that was never brought over because they thought it was too hard
For the western audience

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nioh does look cool but I'm going to be butthurt if I miss out on the demo DLC poo poo because I was was out of town for the beta and alpha.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I just discovered that there's a Japanese only version of tenchu that was never brought over because they thought it was too hard
For the western audience

I bet I'd find it a little too easy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fadam posted:

Nioh does look cool but I'm going to be butthurt if I miss out on the demo DLC poo poo because I was was out of town for the beta and alpha.

It's just like an accessory item you can equip in the main game isn't it? and if it works like any other equipment you can get it from another player who has it by finding their bloodstain and dueling their ghost

edit: i guess there aren't really any details on what it is but when you beat the boss in the beta (which took me a lot of hours, i kinda like that you don't just automatically get it for participating) it says that you're gonna be awarded the "Mark of the Conquerer" in the main game which makes it sound like some kind of equipment. nioh is so loving cool by the way. i haven't had those gamefeels since dying over and over to the mob of enemies by the big fire in Central Yharnam.... learning the combat system was really fun and even just with the limited options available in the demo for progression i wanted to start 2 or 3 alts to try different character builds and gently caress around with magic and ninjutsu and ranged weapons and stuff

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 18, 2017

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
booya
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/821704144939454464

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hell yes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hell yeah... i'm thinking about how good the Ki Pulse system feels. It's basically the gears of war active reload thing except for your stamina bar

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sick

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

:stoked:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Nioh, Nier Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, all in the same quarter? drat, 2017, pace yourself.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

Nioh, Nier Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, all in the same quarter? drat, 2017, pace yourself.

Art flourishes under authoritarian leaders so I'm expecting more greatness to come

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Art flourishes under authoritarian leaders so I'm expecting more greatness to come

Gord bless mr trump, Gord bless video games.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't played a nier or drakenguard game but I've been listening to this on repeat all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SDmUpfxCI

I need to play NieR, automata comes out in like 2 weeks :ohdear:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why is the pC date still tbc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Its not coming at the same time as PS4

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait to play this game

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
got a new tv and a ps4 for this game :D

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't played a nier or drakenguard game but I've been listening to this on repeat all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SDmUpfxCI

I need to play NieR, automata comes out in like 2 weeks :ohdear:

Is the music in NieR (ps3) as good as this one track from the automata demo?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, it's one of the best parts about the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gilH6f2hHk

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUn-kezLzeY

Gods Bound By Rules is cool also

I like how there are 3 versions of this. So good.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

yessssss!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wow, I expected months, not days in release date difference from PS4 to PC. That's awesome.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steam demo?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't think there's even a steam page yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Noice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'll be getting it on PS4 but that's cool. Congrats to my Steam brothers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh ye, that's the stuff.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'll be getting it on PS4 but that's cool. Congrats to my Steam brothers.

This

Paintamac
Oct 22, 2010
I really hope this game is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paintamac posted:

I really hope this game is great.

Epic Square-Enix RPG developed by Platinum with their trademark combat style, gee I wonder if it'll be good?

• Locked thread