Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
I am more than ready to murder some fools in the name of the Emperor, count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Dachshund, I hope our characters are able to maintain their personal spaces...

Richter the Warp-Render

Richter's precise origins may be impossible to determine, one of countless feral worlders drafted into service in the Imperial Guard. For reasons that are now quite obvious, he was always a social outcast, lurking in the forgotten trenches of many a battlefield. When a routine agri-world patrol led to a den of cultists, who desperately unleashed a Daemonic horror they were completely unable to control, it seemed tragedy would strike. Richter fell upon the horror with usual ferocity for his kind, but shocking results: the creature was vanquished, banished back to the warp with startling ease.

Investigation soon found Richter to be an Untouchable, anathema to the warp and all its denizens. Almost immediately, he was drafted into the service of the Ordo Malleus, which are in need of talents like his all too often. For his part, Richter is proud to have found his calling, serving the great Sky-Emperor and slaying the greatest of foes...

code:
Name: Warp-Hunter Wulfgang     
Homeworld: Feral world   
Background: Imperial Guard
Role: Warrior      
Divination: 62 - "Ignorance is a wisdom of its own." 

Wounds: 14   
Fate: 2       
Fatigue 0   
Insanity  0 
Corruption 0

Aptitudes: Toughness, Fieldcraft, Ballistic Skill, Defense, Offense, Strength, Weapon Skill

WS:  40=25 base + 10 purchased + 5 advance
BS:  40=25 base + 10 purchased + 5 advance
S:   40=30 + 10 purchased
T:   40=30 + 10 purchased
Ag:  30=25 + 5 purchased
Int: 25=25 base
Per: 22=25 base - 3 divination
WP:  45=25 base + 15 purchased
Fel: 25=25 base
Ifl: 20=20 base

Bonuses:
The Old Ways: Low-Tech weapons lose primitive, gain proven(3).
Hammer of the Emperor: If attacking opponent an ally attacked since the end of my last turn, I can re-roll 1 or 2 on damage rolls.
Expert at Violence: After successful attack, may spend fate point to substitute appropriate Skill's bonus for degrees of success.
Untouchable: Automatically ignores Psychic Phenomena, +30 to resist any Perils of the Warp.  Treat fellowship as half, or as 1 if other party has Psynicience.
Psychic Null: Gains a +20 bonus when evading psychic attacks and making Opposed tests to resist psychic powers.  Stacks with Resistance (Psychic Powers, Fear)

Skills:
Athletics
Command
Common Lore (Imperial Guard)
Operate (Surface)
Navigate (Surface)
Stealth

Talents:
Weapon Training (Las, Low-Tech)
Iron Jaw
Devastating Assault
Frenzy
Hammer Blow
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Deny the Witch

Advances:
spent: 3600/3750
Untouchable (300)
- Psychic Null (450)
Devastating Assault (300)
Frenzy (200)
Hammer Blow (400)
WS advance (100)
BS advance (250)
Stealth training (300)
Resistance (Fear) (200)
Parry (100)
Chain weapon training (300)
Will advance (500)
Double Team (200)

Gear:
Laspistol
Sword
Long-Las (acquisition)
Hunting Lance (acquisition)
Combat Vest
Flak Armor
Grapnel and line
12 lho sticks
Monoculars
Chameleoline Cloak
Stummer
http://orokos.com/roll/470207 Divination: 62.
http://orokos.com/roll/470208 No Emperor's Blessing, sadly.

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 19, 2017

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Edit: oop, missed the previous post, checking link first.

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 7, 2017

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

JcDent posted:

Asking for more instant invites or whatever. The previous link isn't working.

Just so you know, there's a period at the end you have to take off the link.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

So there was talk of an off-week game, and I've always been interested in Deathwatch, so unless somebody wants to run something themselves, how about I GM it for us? If you're interested, I think we'll go with standard character creation (point allocation method). I'm still going through the rulebook, but I have a strong idea for a first mission and can have it ready for next week if we're all ready and willing.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Hey, all the cool dudes who want to be Deathwatch bros can move their discussion and post their sheets right over here!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

How much EXP have we gotten so far? My record-keeping has failed me.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I'm gonna ask nicely for a Chameleoline Cloak, and them promptly fail twice to get an average Stummer. Woo.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Oop, forgot we got an influence boost, I got that Stummer.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

We starting at 9 or 10 on Sunday?

Rockopolis posted:

Would my old Chainblade be an upgrade for anyone?

I just trained in chain weapons, I could deffo use that if you're offering...

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 17, 2017

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Yeah, I'll get Double Team too. I guess me and Paz's cool running sniper fight was a real bonding experience.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

If my double-booking is causing problems for everybody then I don't mind trying to change things on my end. I could head out earlier and camp out on some starbucks wifi? Although I'd probably be talking through text on the roll20 app (still able to hear, just not talk).

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

On the plus side, we'll have a psyker party member who can actually deal with people as soon as I finish my new character!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

We started off heading towards the chemical processing site. Richter stealthed into the site solo, while everybody else tried to pose as more hired ganger goons and get in that way, not to much success. Then Richter failed a stealth check, leading to immediate murder and alarms blaring, at which point the outside crew just kind of drove over some guys and came in. There was a big fight against the guards (there was nudity and tactical breakdancing involved), and we all met back up.

The central building had a bunch of workers and a couple spare guards and bosses who surrendered, seeing that we were kind of badasses. Paz analyzed the big vat o' chemicals to discover that yep, it was those drugs we've been chasing, but everybody who knew anything had been memory-wiped of anything useful. There was this one side door leading into a basement that nobody was supposed to go into, so we went in there.

At which point everybody started getting mysteriously sick and we pre-emptively flamered the bunch, and the basement door burst open to reveal the planetary governor, some lady in the middle of a makeshift chaos sorcery array, and a goddamn Black Legionnare. The lady started summing daemons through the few corpses we hadn't flamered, and the traitor marine just started wrecking poo poo. We realized we had to run pretty soon, but things were getting bad. Richter, very dramatically in my opinion, threw his Chameleoline Cloak to Paz and told them all to run, and then frenzied to try and hold off the daemons and Black Legionnare as long as possible. Two or three rounds later, everybody was gone, and Richter was torn in half.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

HEY, YOU GUYS LIKE FIRE?

Sumalee Sho

Born deep within the bowels of the Victory Class Battleship Flame Cleanses The Unclean, Sumalee Sho's gifts manifested early. Perhaps influenced by the lance batteries and generatoriums she grew up in the shadows of, she found herself able to generate and control intense flames. Word got out, and Sumalee was promptly taken into the custody of the Astra Telepathica to be given proper training and oversight.

There, she learned to delve into the minds of others, both to learn and to influence. Sumalee's power and versatile skillset made her a valuable asset to the Inquisition, and soon she was scouring the minds of heretics and blasting them out of existence across the Imperium.

code:
Name:  Sumalee Sho  
Homeworld: Voidborn
Background: Astra Telepathica
Role: Mystic    
Divination: 100 - "Do not ask why you serve.  Only ask how." 

Wounds: 12   
Fate: 5 = 3 + 1 Emperor's Blessing + 1 Divination       
Fatigue 0   
Insanity  0 
Corruption 0

Aptitudes: Intelligence, Psyker, Defense, Knowledge, Perception, Willpower, Fellowship

WS:  25=25 base
BS:  30=25 base + 5 purchased
S:   20=20 base
T:   30=25 base + 5 purchased
Ag:  40=25 base + 15 purchased
Int: 30=30 base
Per: 30=25 base + 5 purchased
WP:  55=30 base + 15 purchased + 10 advances
Fel: 40=25 base + 15 purchased
Ifl: 25=25 base

Bonuses:
The Constant Threat: Modify friendly Perils roll by Will bonus.
Tested on Terra: Sanctioned.
Psyker (Rating 5)

Skills:
Awareness
Common Lore (Ad. Adep. Telepathica)
Deceive
Forbidden Lore (The Warp)
Psyniscience

Talents:
Psyker (Rating 5)
Sanctioned
Warp Sense

Psyker Powers:
Telepathy (Telepathic Link, Erasure, Domination, Hallucination) 
Pyromancy (Manipulate Flame, Spontaneous Combustion, Molten Beam, Flame Breath, Sunburst)

Gear:
Laspistol
Staff
Light Flak Coat
Psy Focus
Enforcer Light Carapace
Refractor Field
http://orokos.com/roll/516747 Emperor's Blessing, yes!
http://orokos.com/roll/516745 Divination: 100! It's almost like I'm being karmically paid back for some misfortune!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Apropos of nothing, I just bought Favored by the Warp.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Next level, I assure you.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I am!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Talked with the GM, game should be ready as usual for tomorrow morning!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Just a reminder: no game this Sunday, GM is out of town.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Ready!

• Locked thread